The Last of Us (PS3) w/ season pass $59.99 @ Bestbuy.com

can anyone confirm if they can buy the game and return it within x amount of days to get the season pass free? I figured the best bet was to do a online order for instore pick up have the code emailed to you pick up the game then return it in a couple of days sealed.

can anyone confirm if they can buy the game and return it within x amount of days to get the season pass free? I figured the best bet was to do a online order for instore pick up have the code emailed to you pick up the game then return it in a couple of days sealed.
According to their policy, you would not be eligible for a full refund if you return a single item included in this bundle.

"This package price will no longer be valid if you return one of the items"

Best Buy bundles products in two different ways. The first one is the main attraction (usually the product that has the highest retail price - in this case it would be The Last of US PS3 game copy) is charged at full price, and all other items are set to $0.00.

E.g. The Last of Us - PS3 is set to $59.99, and the Season Pass DLC to $0.00.

If you return The Last of Us PS3 copy, it will now remove this item from the bundle and charge you full retail price of $19.99 for the Season Pass.

The second method that Best Buy bundles items is to spread the total cost of the bundle over the different items included in it.

E.g. The Last of Us - PS3 is set to $40, and the Season Pass to $19.99.

If you try to return this bundle using your receipt the adjustment would be automatically done by the computer, which would most likely deduct $19.99 from your total return funds regardless of what bundling method Best Buy used for this bundle. The advantage of this bundle is that the game is still $59.99 by itself, just not sure how far you can get with that given the stance on digital items. Best Buy (like most Retailors) has an absolute no refund policy for digital items (since there is no way to cancel a code once activated/generated). It's extremely hard and very YMMV to have Best Buy refund you for a digital item. I remember last year some time there was a large CoD digital sale and everything was 50% at Best Buy, using the filters I searched for Xbox 360 products only and bought four of the DLC items. It wasnt until later that I noticed that one of those four codes was for the PS3. I was very confused and went back only to find that one of the PS3 DLCs was able to make it into the 360 search filter since the platform stated Xbox 360 and not PS3. I called Best Buy to see if they would exchange the PS3 DLC for the equivalent on the 360, but they refused to replace or refund it. It wasn't until I was able to speak to a third manager who was able to verify that the product appeared under the Xbox 360 filter and contained "Xbox 360" as the platform that I was able to get a refund (not that I wanted a refund, I simply wanted the code for the correct platform). He said that it must have been a typo by the person who added it to the website, which still seems to be happening a lot with all the BB fiascos occurring.

Anyways I would not recommend trying something like this, since regardless of whether you do shipping or in-store the item is still classified as a bundle and therefore the chance of you getting a full refund after receiving the DLC are very unlikely.

According to their policy, you would not be eligible for a full refund if you return a single item included in this bundle.

"This package price will no longer be valid if you return one of the items"

Best Buy bundles products in two different ways. The first one is the main attraction (usually the product that has the highest retail price - in this case it would be The Last of US PS3 game copy) is charged at full price, and all other items are set to $0.00.

E.g. The Last of Us - PS3 is set to $59.99, and the Season Pass DLC to $0.00.

If you return The Last of Us PS3 copy, it will now remove this item from the bundle and charge you full retail price of $19.99 for the Season Pass.

The second method that Best Buy bundles items is to spread the total cost of the bundle over the different items included in it.

E.g. The Last of Us - PS3 is set to $40, and the Season Pass to $19.99.

If you try to return this bundle using your receipt the adjustment would be automatically done by the computer, which would most likely deduct $19.99 from your total return funds regardless of what bundling method Best Buy used for this bundle. The advantage of this bundle is that the game is still $59.99 by itself, just not sure how far you can get with that given the stance on digital items. Best Buy (like most Retailors) has an absolute no refund policy for digital items (since there is no way to cancel a code once activated/generated). It's extremely hard and very YMMV to have Best Buy refund you for a digital item. I remember last year some time there was a large CoD digital sale and everything was 50% at Best Buy, using the filters I searched for Xbox 360 products only and bought four of the DLC items. It wasnt until later that I noticed that one of those four codes was for the PS3. I was very confused and went back only to find that one of the PS3 DLCs was able to make it into the 360 search filter since the platform stated Xbox 360 and not PS3. I called Best Buy to see if they would exchange the PS3 DLC for the equivalent on the 360, but they refused to replace or refund it. It wasn't until I was able to speak to a third manager who was able to verify that the product appeared under the Xbox 360 filter and contained "Xbox 360" as the platform that I was able to get a refund (not that I wanted a refund, I simply wanted the code for the correct platform). He said that it must have been a typo by the person who added it to the website, which still seems to be happening a lot with all the BB fiascos occurring.

Anyways I would not recommend trying something like this, since regardless of whether you do shipping or in-store the item is still classified as a bundle and therefore the chance of you getting a full refund after receiving the DLC are very unlikely.

I didn't know with instore pickup the receipt just has the priced item for that store you picked it up at. People are already complaining on the naughty dog forums about them giving it away for free now maybe there will be a discount soon.. Either they are giving it away because the dlc planned is not that great or they have low sales.

People were stating the same thing I asked in the best buy ad thread before this week started so I was just wondering if anyone fallowed through with it that is all. Geez... WAD

Some CAGS are dicks, dont worry about it. Thanks for posting.
Unfortunately, this is true BeefJerkMe. But don't let those fools bring you down.

As a heads-up, all weekly Sunday deals from retail stores (Best Buy, Toys R US, Target, etc.) are stickied at the top. Appreciate the effort though man! We all have made duplicate posts at some point or another...no big deal. Welcome aboard! :D

People were stating the same thing I asked in the best buy ad thread before this week started so I was just wondering if anyone fallowed through with it that is all. Geez... WAD
It wasn't the same thing. The guy had already made a previous purchase of the Last of Us. That means 2 purchases net with 1 return still equals 1 purchase. Your question was about 1 purchase net with 1 return which equals a 0 purchase. Please keep up.

bread's done
Back