The Last of Us: Survival Edition sold out?

SolidMetal

CAGiversary!
So I find it strange that Bestbuy's website says that they are sold-out(ONLINE) yet when I check stores it allows me to add to cart with pretty much every store near me will have it.  Also I just called one of the stores and they said that they are no longer accepting pre-orders.  I know Best Buy has setup things for pre-orders then the day they actually come out they seem to have copies on the shelves.

Do you think that'll be the case with the Survival Edition? If so I'll just go on the 14th and pick up my copy but I'm not sure if Survival Editions were just a one time-preorder-spectacular-thingy-mcjig, ya dig?

If you try to add to cart for store pick up, it's going to give you an error and not add it to the shopping cart. I read some people in the Best Buy Pre-Order thread were able to preorder it by giving the SKU in store, but YMMV. This close to the release, it seems like everyone has cut off preorders for it.

It's possible they'll have extras in store on the 14th, or maybe some a week or so later for people that don't pick up their preorders. I'm certainly gonna try to upgrade when I pick up mine, but I just don't want it to mess up the $20 RZ certificate.

I would guess that you will be able to find a few copies in-store post release. I don't think they'll be everywhere like most AAA CE's. If the resale value holds, and there is a profit to be made flipping these on eBay then expect resellers to run through Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, etc. and buy the few copies the have available to the general public (i.e. don't wait until they end of the week).

I have a question:

Do all copies of the survival edition (regardless of retailer) include the "Sights and Sound Pack" inside the packaging?

Amazon makes it sound like it is a code that they will be e-mailing and I purchased two copies in the same order on the same account so if it isn't included in the packaging that I'm pretty sure I'll only get one.

I ask because some people have said that all copies will include that DLC as it is included inside the actual packaging.

I have a question:

Do all copies of the survival edition (regardless of retailer) include the "Sights and Sound Pack" inside the packaging?

Amazon makes it sound like it is a code that they will be e-mailing and I purchased two copies in the same order on the same account so if it isn't included in the packaging that I'm pretty sure I'll only get one.

I ask because some people have said that all copies will include that DLC as it is included inside the actual packaging.
I watched an unboxing of the Survival Edition earlier, and it appears to be a voucher inside the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question:

I watched an unboxing of the Survival Edition earlier, and it appears to be a voucher inside the case.

Thank you very much for the response!

Slightly related...anyone else notice their amazon copy of the survival edition switched from 14th release date delivery to 18th? I just added a gift card balance to it yesterday, hope I didn't screw something up in the process  :cold:

Slightly related...anyone else notice their amazon copy of the survival edition switched from 14th release date delivery to 18th? I just added a gift card balance to it yesterday, hope I didn't screw something up in the process :cold:
Whenever you update an order on Amazon in any way (change the address, change a quantity, update payment method or in you case: apply GC balance), you get moved to the end of the queue. I'm sure you'll still get yours, since Amazon always under-sells their allocations, but now your order is going to be processed later so you probably won't get it until the 18th.

Mine is scheduled to be here tomorrow.

Slightly related...anyone else notice their amazon copy of the survival edition switched from 14th release date delivery to 18th? I just added a gift card balance to it yesterday, hope I didn't screw something up in the process :cold:
Whenever you update an order on Amazon in any way (change the address, change a quantity, update payment method or in you case: apply GC balance), you get moved to the end of the queue. I'm sure you'll still get yours, since Amazon always under-sells their allocations, but now your order is going to be processed later so you probably won't get it until the 18th.

Mine is scheduled to be here tomorrow.
I ended up emailing Amazon and having them switch me back to a faster shipping method, and even though the CSR completely didn't fully understand what I was talking about he still bumped me to one-day. Luckily it went in to processing a couple hours ago, but I'll never touch a limited pre-order again. If this was more limited I probably would've screwed my chances of getting one. Thanks for the clarification!

It looks like I might not get my copy.  I pre-ordered on Amazon back in February and used my Amazon Store Card as the payment method.  I lost the card and it was replaced with a new number but my order was not updated.  This morning I get an email from Amazon telling me they couldn't charge my card and asked me to update it.

Should be a simple fix right?  Not really...

It turns out that Amazon cannot change the payment method on this order, most likely because it was a pre-order.  I spoke with a representative and he told me after trying and failing to change the payment method that he was going to have to cancel my order since their "system" would not let them change the card number.  Then he asked me if I would take the regular version instead.  I had to explain what Limited Edition meant.

I ended up getting to a manager who basically told me the same thing.  I explained that there has got to be someone who can modify the payment method, if not from their interface maybe the back end.  He submitted a request to the billing department, I'm crossing my fingers.  I've bought quite a few limited games on Amazon as a pre-order and never had a problem but if this is not fixed I will not buy another game from them.

Moral of the story:  If you pre-order any game on Amazon make sure to keep that payment method active and available, otherwise you might lose your order.

It looks like I might not get my copy. I pre-ordered on Amazon back in February and used my Amazon Store Card as the payment method. I lost the card and it was replaced with a new number but my order was not updated. This morning I get an email from Amazon telling me they couldn't charge my card and asked me to update it.

Should be a simple fix right? Not really...

It turns out that Amazon cannot change the payment method on this order, most likely because it was a pre-order. I spoke with a representative and he told me after trying and failing to change the payment method that he was going to have to cancel my order since their "system" would not let them change the card number. Then he asked me if I would take the regular version instead. I had to explain what Limited Edition meant.

I ended up getting to a manager who basically told me the same thing. I explained that there has got to be someone who can modify the payment method, if not from their interface maybe the back end. He submitted a request to the billing department, I'm crossing my fingers. I've bought quite a few limited games on Amazon as a pre-order and never had a problem but if this is not fixed I will not buy another game from them.

Moral of the story: If you pre-order any game on Amazon make sure to keep that payment method active and available, otherwise you might lose your order.
Wow, that is terrible. I really hope you get it sorted out. I feel like this edition is drawing out the dark side of amazon pre-orders. For whatever reason, a lot of CS reps only approximately understand what the problem is. But if you raise enough hell they will figure something out, I've had amazon do some amazing things when they mess up. Don't give up!

Thank you so much! I've been regretting not preordering these awhile back, ordered myself 2 and hope it goes through!
it should go through. I imagine the 3xx units that they have available are those that were cancelled preorders or orders that they didn't ship due to bad CC information.

good luck!

Thank you so much! I've been regretting not preordering these awhile back, ordered myself 2 and hope it goes through!
it should go through. I imagine the 3xx units that they have available are those that were cancelled preorders or orders that they didn't ship due to bad CC information.

good luck!
Do you know other stores that were selling them? I tried Best Buy and Gamestop, they sold out of theirs. Other than that, I'm really glad I'm getting mines! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

good luck!
Yeah, they just updated mine to shipping soon! :D

Finally got around to opening my survival edition today and I noticed gamestop gave me two sight and sound packs (one on the receipt and one on the redeemable code in the steelbook. Is that normal?

Well I picked up my survival edition today from GS. I was the last one to pick up my copy. A little disappointed in my box. Some wear on the corners and the bottom is a bit crimped due to the art book I think. Anyone else have this issue? 

I also have a code for sights and sounds on my receipt so I assume I have a 2nd in the package.

Cancerman, my box is pristine. I'm happy with my purchase. From the first hr of gameplay, I knew this title is worth MRSP. Online multiplayer requires a pass but other than that, first day release buy.

Cancerman, my box is pristine. I'm happy with my purchase. From the first hr of gameplay, I knew this title is worth MRSP. Online multiplayer requires a pass but other than that, first day release buy.
Yeah I figured I got left with the bottom of the pile. Should have gone at midnight or at least on Friday. It is not a huge deal but I would have liked a nicer box since it is pretty cool looking.

bread's done
Back