The Last Remnant PC Benchmarker Released

silent h3ro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
[quote name='www.ve3d.ign.com']Test out your computer in preparation of The Last Remnant's forthcoming PC release. Including high resolution textures, dual language options, and various other improvements, the PC port of Square Enix's well-received Unreal Engine 3-powered JRPG should hit Western territories this Spring. To try the benchmarker, and forthcoming demo, pleasure ensure your system is up to snuff:
Minimum Required System Specification OS: Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista SP1
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (2GHz) or AMD Athlon X2 (2GHz)
RAM: 1.5GB
Hard Drive: 15GB Free Space
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8600 256MB
DVD Drive: Dual Layer DVD-ROM
Recommended System Specification
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4GHz) or AMD Athlon X2 (2.4GHz)
RAM: 2GB
Hard Drive: 15GB Free Space
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800 512MB
DVD Drive: Dual Layer DVD-ROM
[/QUOTE]

Check it out here.

Never heard of that game before. Surprised they're actually releasing it for PC...

I tried running it, but it apparently didn't download something that needs it to run. Great benchmark there :\

[quote name='KingBroly']I tried running it, but it apparently didn't download something that needs it to run. Great benchmark there :\[/quote]

After you extract the contents you need to go into the folder -> then go into the Binaries folder -> then click on the file TLRBench.exe.

A window will pop up asking you something, but it is all in Japanese. The "OKAY" button is the one on the left because if you click the one on the right then nothing will happen.

On a C2D E8400, 2GB DDR2 800, 8800GT 512MB at 1680x1050 fullscreen under Windows 7, my bench finished with 65 average FPS.

I was gonna download it, but at 275MB, it isn't worth it anymore. Either way, I know my processor falls underneath the minimum specs. That sucks, I was looking forward to trying it out on PC.

[quote name='darthbudge']I was gonna download it, but at 275MB, it isn't worth it anymore. Either way, I know my processor falls underneath the minimum specs. That sucks, I was looking forward to trying it out on PC.[/quote]

I am playing through it right now on the 360 and I am liking it so far. The 360 version has some technical issues, but it is not that bad if you install it—albeit I do not know how bad it is running from the disk since I have not tried it that way.

If you are interested in the game, but are afraid it will not run well on your PC then I suggest getting it for 360.

[quote name='Razzuel']I am playing through it right now on the 360 and I am liking it so far. The 360 version has some technical issues, but it is not that bad if you install it—albeit I do not know how bad it is running from the disk since I have not tried it that way.

If you are interested in the game, but are afraid it will not run well on your PC then I suggest getting it for 360.[/quote]

Yeah, I was waiting for the PC version, but after seeing this, I will just pick up the 360 version some time down the line.

It should be coming to the PS3 in 2009 so there is still some hope that Square Enix improves on the game. But it is Square Enix so it's doubtful but you never know.

Its going to have some changes on the PC. I guess they are going to remove the cap on leaders so you can just fill up your groups with people hired from the guilds. That is going to make the game much easier. Also from what I hear they are adding in a quick battle feature so you can skip all the long animations in the battles if you want.

[quote name='Razzuel']After you extract the contents you need to go into the folder -> then go into the Binaries folder -> then click on the file TLRBench.exe.

A window will pop up asking you something, but it is all in Japanese. The "OKAY" button is the one on the left because if you click the one on the right then nothing will happen.[/quote]

No, when I click on TLRBench.exe, it gives me an error message. I don't even know why I'm trying though. This machine can't even handle point and click adventure games.

My detailed Benchmark:
Windows XP SP3
C2D E7200 2.5Ghz
4GB RAM
9800GT 512MB
1440x900 Fullscreen

My average frame rate is 80FPS. So, if anyone got similar specs or better, the game should run perfectly.

I got an average of about 75fps at 1920 x 1200, so yeah, between this and DMC4, it appears the Japanese can make PC games run damn well if they put some effort into it.

Just hope the game is good when it's released. It sounds like they're addressing all the major issues (technical problems, slow speed.)

I'm curious to see how much of a difference the CPU/video card makes.

I think I'll mess around with stuff apart from the video card since the other one I have is a 8800gts and i'd have to do drivers to switch that around.

Check how many more frames you get from different processor speeds and see if the amount of memory changes anything too much.

Its UE3 so its more dependent on the GPU then the CPU, although it does require some beef in a CPU.

6400+ @ 3.5
8800gt in sli
4gb of Ram
Vista 32

1920x1200 57fps.

I got an average of 45.99fps at 1920x1200

E6600 C2D 2.4ghz
Radeon 4850 512mb
2.5gig Ram
Windows XP

Way to go dave!!
TLRBench%202009-02-04%2009-37-58-29.jpg

Hmmmm... I just chucked this on Goozex for the 360. I'll try the bench and demo and see if it's any better on the PC.

The combat seems really fast, I know this was a feature of the PC version (console players complained about how long animations took to play), but has anyone found a way to slow it down in the demo?

Besides that, and the fact that they throw you in with no tutorial (nothing new for a JRPG demo), I like it and it performs well. At max settings/sliders 1680x1050 fullscreen, I get 40 average fps in battles and around 60 fps in town and when running around. My specs are in an earlier post in this thread.

I've beenw aiting for this to mcome out on the PS3. I wanna see the reviews and see if they fixed the problems with the game that plauged the 360.

Hmmm... Doing the default settings, I averaged 100FPS. Setting it to 1680x1050 full screen, I got 60 FPS, but I have v-sync forced on, so that's exactly what it should be.

Hmmm kinda a lazy port. All the controls and pop ups are still 360 buttons. You'll definitely want to use a 360 controller to play this.

My system:
Q6600 2.4 Ghz
Zotac 8800 GTS 320 MB Amp Edition
3 gigs Ram
Vista Home Edition 32-bit
19inch Widescreen LCD

1280x720 resolution
Avg. 80.66 FPS

I didn't test it at 1400x900 which is my max resolution but I usually run my games at 1280x720 anyways cause of my graphics card only being a 8800 GTS 320MB card. Overall a very smooth and pretty game, final game should be good.

i downloaded the demo and was REALLY confused about the combat. it seemed like you'd be spending A LOT of time in the menus micro-ing your buddies. then again, i have never played any turn-based JRPGs. so i'm new to it. maybe i'll give it another go later on if i'm feeling adventurous.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']i downloaded the demo and was REALLY confused about the combat. it seemed like you'd be spending A LOT of time in the menus micro-ing your buddies. then again, i have never played any turn-based JRPGs. so i'm new to it. maybe i'll give it another go later on if i'm feeling adventurous.[/quote]

It seems like one of the simplest turn-based RPG's I've played. You can't even tell the characters what to do individually, you just give them general guidance and they decide for themselves. Which is fine, it makes it not so complicated.

[quote name='Sokkratez']The combat seems really fast, I know this was a feature of the PC version (console players complained about how long animations took to play), but has anyone found a way to slow it down in the demo?[/quote]

I didn't have that problem, not sure if they fixed it or not.

Just started my game today, I must say I am in love with the battle system. It is not about micro managing your hp and mp and that stuff. It is more of how much ass can I kick at once to get big rewards :lol:. Since you regain all health, and combat points (mp), you can keep going and going. Also since there is no xp, only stat upgrades, it makes the grinding a lot less or even non existent (or so I played so far).

Anyway on a
2.4 Quad
2 Gig Ram
8800 GS

Runs medium almost flawlessly (except the graphics flicker during cut scenes a few times which is barely noticeable, other than that perfect).

bread's done
Back