The Legend of Korra Starting This weekend

Got to watch episode 1 through a presser and fans of the original should love this (unless
you just can't bear to see a world where Aang and company are long dead and probably won't make any significant appearances
...spoiler treatment just in case).

Fire and earth benders tend to live well past a hundred, so Toph and Zuko will probably still be alive. Water benders may be able to as well, but not really sure about that. Hell, probably all powerful benders probably live until they're well over 100.

First two episodes leaked online like a month ago.
Toph and Sakka are dead. You do get to see Toph's daughter and there's metal bending now.
Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt too wowed with the first 2 episodes but damn this 3rd one has me excited to see whats coming. seems like the tone will be a bit darker and the humor is still top notch. the only hard part is waiting to see more of the older characters or learn more about what happened to them. also hoping they will do something on zukos mom.

I'm already intrigued in the Big Bad they established in this episode. Scary ass power and so many unknowns about him. The way they write the show is what drew me in after my GF introduced me to it.

That said I think it's hilarious that Fred gets a show that has writing on the exact opposite spectrum of writing (e.g. well written) as a lead off.

I saw the 3rd episode this morning... I need more! They're doing a fantastic job so far with the series. I have no doubt it'll keep up!

[quote name='lokizz']i may end up buying these off of psn the hd version looks so amazing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I saw the first episode On Demand in SD. Caught the next two live and in HD and it really looks good. They have stepped up from The Last Airbender.

damn best cartoon villain ive seen in years show continues to improve that
flashback was cool kinda has me wondering who he could be . if the flashback was an avatar memory thatd mean maybe aman was with them at one point as an ally.

Went out of town and missed this week's ep. Was excited when I saw on my channel guide said it would be on this morning right after last week's ep, but I was met with an hour of Spongebob. Ugh. Illegal feed time I guess.

Great episode except I felt that they should have
Tenzin saved Korra at the end and show off this skills.

[quote name='j.t']Great episode except I felt that they should have
[/QUOTE]

i am curious to see how well he fights or how different it is from the way ang used to fight. im also curious about his siblings are they living at the air temples ? really cant wait for the to leave that city and go out into the other nation areas. im tempted to go through the other avatar episodes and see if anyone had that scarf on.

[quote name='lokizz']i am curious to see how well he fights or how different it is from the way ang used to fight. im also curious about his siblings are they living at the air temples ?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful as they aren't airbenders.

[quote name='lokizz']really cant wait for the to leave that city and go out into the other nation areas. im tempted to go through the other avatar episodes and see if anyone had that scarf on.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read they've wanted to make this series more centered rather than have her go off on an adventure like the Aang. I don't think we'll be seeing her leaving anytime soon.

[quote name='j.t']Great episode except I felt that they should have
[/QUOTE]
I was hoping to see that as well. I'm sure he'll be totally awesome.

Anyways, I'm loving the series so far. I've watched every episode twice.

I'm really curious about all the mysteries they've introduced. Tenzin's brothers, the scarf, the extremely suspicious Sato girl, the flashback Korra had while unconscious. I'm sure I've forgotten a few. I know they dropped hints that Moko and Bolin's parents were killed by a Firebender. That sounded awfully foreshadow-y to me. They've also mentioned a threat to the city that Aang dealt with a few times. I'm guessing that conflict is going to be fleshed out and relevant to Korra's story.

I love that they acknowledged the unresolved mystery of Zuko's mother in the first episode - and immediately dismissed it. The creators be trollin' us hard.

Also, I'm glad the globetrotting is out. The city setting is fantastic and the whole equalist movement is a really great idea.

I want to see more metalbending!

meh episode. pretty predictable problem sure to cause trouble down the road but i love the bending sport it gets more interesting each time they show it looking forward to seeing them in the finals.

The episode "And the winner is" was ok. I mean they missed a great opportunity to have Korra enter the Avatar state. Disappointed that Tenzin was taken out this episode.
Great action between Korra and Lin and Amon's group. Also like how they add more to the flashback in this episode as well.

finally caught up on this.. with 6 straight episodes on nick.com... quality on nick's site is pretty good. I hear they are doing only two seasons of this.... book 1 and 2.

i hope the seasons have more episodes then and they definetly need to do the zukos mom backstory. great episode today its got me thinking theres a connection between
amon and the water bending council member maybe theyre related.
some of the episode so far have been meh but theyve done a good job throwing in surprises.

Great episode yesterday easily best of the season. Can't believe the season finale is already up, it only been like 9 episodes.

sweet way to end the season but damn if my dvr didnt end with the last few minutes going. since theres one more season left i wonder what will be the main storyline for it.

I feel like they tried to wrap everything up due to fear of even getting another season. The production of Korra has been plagued with Nick breathing down their necks, so I don't blame them for playing it safe.

Absolutely loved the finale, but I do have to wonder what the
prime conflict of season two is going to be. Also whether or not Amon is actually down for the count.

[quote name='IanKazimer']I feel like they tried to wrap everything up due to fear of even getting another season. The production of Korra has been plagued with Nick breathing down their necks, so I don't blame them for playing it safe.

Absolutely loved the finale, but I do have to wonder what the
prime conflict of season two is going to be. Also whether or not Amon is actually down for the count.
[/QUOTE]

yeah the way it all neatly got "fixed" i think the chances of season 2 are slim so they did what they could to give people closure in a way in case it doesnt happen. still hoping for a zukos mom movie or something dammit that question needs to be answered.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah the way it all neatly got "fixed" i think the chances of season 2 are slim so they did what they could to give people closure in a way in case it doesnt happen. still hoping for a zukos mom movie or something dammit that question needs to be answered.[/QUOTE]

The next season is already confirmed and it'll be 14 episodes, so we can rest easy.

[quote name='Purple Flames']The next season is already confirmed and it'll be 14 episodes, so we can rest easy.[/QUOTE]

good to know now back to wondering what the next season will be about.....

I personally loved the finale. I felt like it was a little rushed, but from the beginning Mike Dimartino and Bryan Konietzko said it would only be 12 episodes.
My favorite part of the episode might have been when Tarrlok sacrificed him and Amon. I still can't believe they put that in the episode. I absolutely loved that part.
I love this show and can't wait for season 2!:D

I keep thinking about the finale. It was awesome even if it was a bit rushed. I love how Amon accidentally removed the "block" on Korra's Airbending.

The characters are really strong in this series - I mean, in just a handful of episodes they've managed to make really memorable heroes and villains.

Good news on the additional episodes ordered. I can't wait!

I hope a Blu Ray release isn't far off. I'd buy it immediately.

Hell yes! Hopefully Nick just lets the Avatar team work without rushing things moving forward.

bread's done
Back