THE LEGEND OF ZELDA (GBA)

YES! Nothing like paying money for the same exact game again! What would I do without my gameboy advance? Oh yeah, play new and original games.

I agree the GBA has way too many old games....but The original Legend of Zelda holds a special place in my heart. :)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Hey, I wasn't being sarcastic. I love watching people throw their money into companies that just puke up old games year after year.[/quote]
Good.

And how is this a deal at all? That's retail price, folks.

$20 for a remake with absolutely no improvements to the dated graphics seems too expensive. If they took the old games made it snes quality then maybe i could see buying or if they created a bundle in one cartridege like sega did. I guess ill just be happy playing it on my GC or NES

What a joke. They should make the entire 6 game collection $20. I guess if they think it will make more money for the company, then so be it. It still sucks for us though (assuming you want to buy these games)...

Look, I knew this post would get ripped on. Your'e right Nintendo just keeps repackaging these games and making money. $20 bucks is a lot for one of these. They definitely should have made an all-in-one cart but I also knew they wouldn't. I just wanted to play The Legend of Zelda on my GBA. I was fearing that they were going to release this as an e-reader game and I'm glad they didn't. It's worth the $20 to me.

[quote name='hutno']$20 for a remake with absolutely no improvements to the dated graphics seems too expensive. If they took the old games made it snes quality then maybe i could see buying or if they created a bundle in one cartridege like sega did. I guess ill just be happy playing it on my GC or NES[/quote]

Gameplay > Graphics

IF you don't want to pay, fine. Don't. Simple as that.

I'll probably get Zelda out of duty; someplace like Target may have it on sale when it's released.

Yea, they should have chunked all those games in one pak and charged $25.

$9 per game would have been better I think...

All games with $30 would have worked too, but it is cool that these are seperate games :)

[quote name='emperordahc']I'll probably get Zelda out of duty; someplace like Target may have it on sale when it's released.

Yea, they should have chunked all those games in one pak and charged $25.[/quote]

What do you mean 'duty'? Are you a zombie? Employee of Nintendo?

I gotta agree here, this is just...well, crap. I mean, all of the upcoming NES classics for the GBA were games that were already made available through Animal Crossing. If they did this for the eReader, I'd say, OK, I kind of understand. But asking for $20...seems a bit much. They should at least have the decency to make it a package deal, with like Zelda, Mario, etc. all on a single cart.

Are you upset that they made these games at $20 each or that you want the games and cant afford to buy them?

Personally I think they will sell just fine and they are pretty good games that will sell well.

I am sure you will see them used rather quickly for a cheap price.

I'm sure they will sell well too. I don't think anyone said they will do poorly. The price is not really an issue to me as far as disliking the idea. You could just get an emulator or as someone said play them on Animal Crossing, or I don't think it would even be impossible to find an NES system and Zelda for close to $20.

If you can get a working NES with Zelda for $20 I will buy 100 of them from you at $40.

It would have been nice to have all 6 games or even just 2 games on one cart. That would have been nice...

Ice Climber/Donkey Kong
ZElda/Bomberman
Mario Bros/PacMan

That would have been pretty good deals at $20 a cart.

i dont see what everyones problem is. nintendo isnt trying to release this as a new game. it says right on the box "NES classic". nor are they resting on past success. as well as releasing these, they are always hard at work releasing sequels (metroid prime 2, wind waker 2, mario kart: dd!) as well as coming out with innovative new franchises (animal crossing, pikmin, luigis mansion, geist). these are being released to coincide with the new NES gba sp. they are items of nostalgia and will be seen as collectibles. i for one love the idea. already have the NES gba sp and super mario bros. preordered. but i can see all of your gripes with classic gameplay on the go. lets have more shrek and digimon kart racing games.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I'm sure they will sell well too. I don't think anyone said they will do poorly. The price is not really an issue to me as far as disliking the idea. You could just get an emulator or as someone said play them on Animal Crossing, or I don't think it would even be impossible to find an NES system and Zelda for close to $20.[/quote]

does that mean you wanna sell the NES in your tradelist for $20? cause ill take it in a second! :D

I haven't gottan offers much higher than that. I thought it would be worth more when I initially sought to trade it, but it doesn't seem to be in that high demand. And when I was talking getting them for 20, just wait until the summer, I bet you fin a garage sale with an NES and Zelda.

You can not only get this game, but the other NES Zelda and the 2 N64 Zelda off of Nintendo's site for $20 on the Gamecube disc.

Waste of money.

[quote name='SS4Brolly']You can not only get this game, but the other NES Zelda and the 2 N64 Zelda off of Nintendo's site for $20 on the Gamecube disc.

Waste of money.[/quote]

I saw an EB B&M store trying to sell this USED for $70.

that sucks that you havent gotten much more than that. id value the NES at 40 alone. not many garage sales near my part of town. maybe ill hit up morris county this summer.

[quote name='SS4Brolly']You can not only get this game, but the other NES Zelda and the 2 N64 Zelda off of Nintendo's site for $20 on the Gamecube disc.

Waste of money.[/quote]

i cant play my gamecube on the subway, or at work, or college, or in my car. portability my friend.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']If I see a cheap NES metroid, I will buy it just for you and send it your way for what I paid and shipping.[/quote]

i just got a front loader through a trade for my famicom gba sp, but if you see a top loader by all means. id be most appreciative!

[quote name='metroidkiller9'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal']If I see a cheap NES metroid, I will buy it just for you and send it your way for what I paid and shipping.[/quote]

i just got a front loader through a trade for my famicom gba sp, but if you see a top loader by all means. id be most appreciative![/quote]

Do famicon gba sps play regular gba games?

[quote name='metroidkiller9']all gbas play both jpn and ntsc games. theres no region protection.[/quote]

So it is the same as a regular gba sp? That makes me want to cry.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']all gbas play both jpn and ntsc games. theres no region protection.[/quote]

PAL and NTSC are the two formats, though GBAs aren't subject to this separation, so any GBA can play any GBA game. the US and Japan both use NTSC, so it even if the GBA was only NTSC-compatible, it would still be able to use Japanese games. it's games from the UK and (most parts of..? ) Europe that use PAL, those would cause a problem if there was a PAL/NTSC separation.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I would have traded in a second.[/quote]

oh thats isnt all i got. that would be crazy. i also got disgaea, earthbound, an snes arcade stick, and super punch out.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='metroidkiller9']all gbas play both jpn and ntsc games. theres no region protection.[/quote]

PAL and NTSC are the two formats, though GBAs aren't subject to this separation, so any GBA can play any GBA game. the US and Japan both use NTSC, so it even if the GBA was only NTSC-compatible, it would still be able to use Japanese games. it's games from the UK and (most parts of..? ) Europe that use PAL, those would cause a problem if there was a PAL/NTSC separation.[/quote]

uh no. there are ntsc, pal, and jpn regions.

[quote name='metroidkiller9'][quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I would have traded in a second.[/quote]

oh thats isnt all i got. that would be crazy. i also got disgaea, earthbound, an snes arcade stick, and super punch out.[/quote]

Oh phew. Damn, I think I almost crapped my pants thinking about what I missed out on.

I agree with the it being a little high priced, i think a lot of us feel that, fine its ok that the graphics are not updated, but 20 doesnt fit right. You figure the time it takes + cost of the cart for a new gba game thats about 29.99. These are simple to port (compared to desinging a whole new game, as there are already nes emulators for the gba + they can use less expensive carts. Its just easier to see that Nintendo is making more of a profit off of this than they are with other releases like metroid fusion.

Other rereleases like Zelda DX had some special features + color :p Or Super Mario DX which had SMB2 on it.

[quote name='metroidkiller9'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='metroidkiller9']all gbas play both jpn and ntsc games. theres no region protection.[/quote]

PAL and NTSC are the two formats, though GBAs aren't subject to this separation, so any GBA can play any GBA game. the US and Japan both use NTSC, so it even if the GBA was only NTSC-compatible, it would still be able to use Japanese games. it's games from the UK and (most parts of..? ) Europe that use PAL, those would cause a problem if there was a PAL/NTSC separation.[/quote]

uh no. there are ntsc, pal, and jpn regions.[/quote]

Japan uses NTSC as it's television standard:

http://www.psreporter.com/ntsc_system_tv_standard.html

perhaps you mean a special sort of standard for certain video game systems?

ALL GBA's play ALL GB games...

its got its own TV so there is no region nor TV standard since they all come from the same factory in Japan....

you can play a 1986 Black and White Gameboy game from Italy on your GBA Famicom...

If you got a GBA you can play any and every GB game ever made up to this point.

no lockouts, standards, or regions...

[quote name='defender']ALL GBA's play ALL GB games...

its got its own TV so there is no region nor TV standard since they all come from the same factory in Japan....

you can play a 1986 Black and White Gameboy game from Italy on your GBA Famicom...

no lockouts, standards, or regions...[/quote]

which is why they rock :D

[quote name='defender']ALL GBA's play ALL GB games...

no lockouts, standards, or regions...[/quote]

thats what i said. but when it comes to other systems (gcn,playstation 2) isnt there a jpn region that ntsc playstations cannot play and vice versa?

[quote name='Theenternal'] Or Super Mario DX which had SMB2 on it.[/quote]

I never even knew this, thanks for the info ;)

Nintendo and Disney should get together and go bowling. Release a product, wait a few years, rerelease, repeat. I'll pay $20 for a stock version of Zelda, and thats about it. I'm not even interested in any of the others. Like Ice Climber, blah. Can't see why I would get the NES version of Pacman when you can get the Pacman collection for $15. Donkey Kong should also include DK Jr. at the very least. :)

Well considering nearly ever NES Zelda cart has a dead (or dying) battery, bying the NES cart for any reason other than colectability is just stupid.

As for the whole NES collection thing, I think its a good idea, just a bit overpriced. I'll buy Zelda and nothing else, unless they make Metal Gear or Final Fantasy one.

Twenty dollars is a little steep, but remember these are being released as collectibles, not standard issue games. Part of the point is that these are the original, unchanged classics. Except for Zelda which should be gold, you are getting replicas of the pixel boxart in GBA form. Just like the NES SP all these are expected to sell based on nostalgia.

Remember the BBGC as well. That means you can get them for $15.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Hey, I wasn't being sarcastic. I love watching people throw their money into companies that just puke up old games year after year.[/quote]

First, that Bubb Rubb video is fucking STUPID.
Second:

Pikmin
Metroid Prime
Animal Crossing (yes I am aware of Animal Forest)
Paper Mario
WarioWare
Luigi's Mansion
much more

I understand the frustration that is caused by the re-releases of old games, but think of it this way: a lot of people who play games arent >18. They may never have played Zelda 1 or whatever. I agree that they should have bundled them all into one pack (god knows the cart has enough space) so I think releasing all the NES games individually is really stupid, especially when you can play them all in Animal Crossing and transfer them to your GBA if you wanted to.

However, as far as the re-releases of the Super Mario series, and other games like Donkey Kong Country, Aladdin and Metroid Zero Mission (kind of a different story there, but I digress) I think its a good idea, for not even I have played some of these games, at least not all the way through. And of course, not all people have tons of game systems.. the parents may have just bought a GBA for their kid and thats all they get. In situations where you have all the systems, at least most of them known to post-1980 gamers (NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Playstation1/2, Xbox, Cube, GB/GBC/GBA) it would usually still be a good idea to grab the old versions used on eBay or trade or something, because you'll save a ton of money.

bread's done
Back