The Legend of Zelda Hardcover guide Box Set preorder

canuckcollector

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover]

5176rt4NYoL._SL500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/Legend-Zelda-Box-Set-Official/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373990825&sr=8-2

? The guides will be contained in a unique, high quality box that is The Legend of Zelda? themed and held closed by an embedded magnetic clasp.

? An individually numbered certificate of authenticity will be included for collectors, with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma, Producer/Director for The Legend of Zelda? series. 

? A high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark will be included with the box set to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda? strategies. The bookmark is 7.5 x 2.5 inches and includes a protective case.

? The set includes 6 hardcover collector?s editions for The Legend of Zelda?: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda?: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda?: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda?: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda?: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda?: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else. 

? All 6 of the guides will be on high quality paper with gilded edges, giving the guides a gold shine along the pages.

? For the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda?: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set. 

? The Legend of Zelda?: Skyward Sword guide has been revised and expanded by over 100 pages. 

? This limited edition set will only be printed once, when it is sold out they will be gone forever!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is "preparing for shipment," and has been for the last three days.  EB Games received its sets (they were pre-order only).  If anybody's got theirs, it would be good to have confirmation that the books are not shrink wrapped and do not contain any extras (maps, etc.).

Mine is "preparing for shipment," and has been for the last three days. EB Games received its sets (they were pre-order only). If anybody's got theirs, it would be good to have confirmation that the books are not shrink wrapped and do not contain any extras (maps, etc.).
I picked mine up today from UPS, though it would've arrived 2 days ago if the delivery guy was capable of knocking.

Package itself is wrapped, but the individual books are not shrink-wrapped. There doesn't seem to be any extras that weren't listed in its description. There's the box itself (which I wish was just plain, and not done up to look like a shitty treasure chest), the "gold" metal bookmark thing attached to the lid of the box, an envelope with the certificate of authenticity and number (__ of 50,000) and then the 6 books. The books look fantastic.

The only let down is the box isn't large enough to hold the collector's edition guide for A Link Between Worlds, which I've just ordered after seeing how nice these were.

It surprised me that they did it.  Like I said, and decent store does this for you, but in the past Amazon has been extremely tight-fisted about giving refunds.  I've even had to fight to get a refund when a Pre-order Price Guarantee failed to apply correctly, because they don't do price adjustments after the item has shipped.  I'm very happy, though; getting six CE Zelda guides for $13 each is the definition of "winning."

i think i almost didnt get mine.. the guy i was talking to said that i price matched it already with the lowest price guarantee thing then i told him to check and make sure that was it so he went and checked and saw that it wasnt and gave me the new price. super happy with the new price!

Crazy, I haven't even had it for a week. Emailing them now, hopefully they'll honour it. I feel like I'm being punished for pre-ordering all over the place the past few weeks with items not arriving on time, prices changing, etc.

Last time I tried (don't recall what it was) through emails, they did not honour it. So I ended up returning the order and made a new order. It's definitely a loss for them since they have to pay 2x shipping.

This time, I used chat and mentioned price adjustment is win-win for both as it's less hassle for me and less shipping cost on them. They honoured it this time. Hope this helps for others. 

If a stubborn CSR won't give it to you, you can always return it and rebuy it, with a $5.90 shipping penalty, which still gives you a $10 advantage.  canuckcollector's argument is a good one, though; the price adjustment saves them more money than paying for more shipping.

Last time I tried (don't recall what it was) through emails, they did not honour it. So I ended up returning the order and made a new order. It's definitely a loss for them since they have to pay 2x shipping.

This time, I used chat and mentioned price adjustment is win-win for both as it's less hassle for me and less shipping cost on them. They honoured it this time. Hope this helps for others.
I basically did this, as I explained in email that it is sort of stupid that they offered the same item a week later at a 20% discount and it would be more cost effective for me to just send it back and regain the difference through reordering. The response I got from them was quick and csr did return the difference. Overall impressed with how it was handled :D

I just sent a polite email pointing out the facts and asking for an adjustment. Received a response within an hour saying they'd be refunding the $17.xx, so I assume it's all gone smoothly. I've never had issues with Amazon and this sort of stuff before.

Also, I received the collector's edition guide for A Link Between Worlds - if anyone's thinking of it, it does look great and fits nicely with the rest from this set, though not in the box itself (I may just ditch the box and have them all together on my shelf).

Another successful price adjustment and return here!

I just sent a polite email pointing out the facts and asking for an adjustment. Received a response within an hour saying they'd be refunding the $17.xx, so I assume it's all gone smoothly. I've never had issues with Amazon and this sort of stuff before.
Yep, same here. Sent a polite email asking about price protection and they gave me the $17 refund. Super happy!

Another successful price adjustment and return here!

Yep, same here. Sent a polite email asking about price protection and they gave me the $17 refund. Super happy!
Ditto here!

As for the set itself, I think it's friggin' amazing! I'm incredibly happy I ordered it. The box is much nicer than I thought it would be. I'm really quite impressed (but perhaps I'm easy to please). I haven't had to chance to really flip through the books yet.

bread's done
Back