The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $19.99 w/FSSS

wow....i have $20 in promo credit, but i havent even started phantom hourglass yet

anyone know how long is newegg having it on sale for $20? i need some to think if i should use my credit on this and what filler i can get...

Is there a way to get this price adjusted? I literally just got Spirit Tracks in the mail from Amazon yesterday.

Wow I remember telling the gf that $25 was a steal because it wouldn't go any lower within a year. :lol:

Zelda games rarely get lower than 20 bucks so if you want a new one, and can afford it, go for it. The last new 20 dollar Zelda I bought was Twilight Princess on gamecube when amazon had it maybe 3 years ago.

[quote name='airwalke']Is there a way to get this price adjusted? I literally just got Spirit Tracks in the mail from Amazon yesterday.[/QUOTE]

You could try contacting support. Amazon used to have a policy where if a product's price lowered within a specific time after you purchased it, they would refund you the difference. That was years ago though, so I'm not sure if they still have that policy or not, but what do you have to lose?

I got it when it was 25, never thought it would hit 20, oh well, I got it for free after Amazon gift cards anyway

Argh! And it's another facepalm moment for me having picked this up Christmas day for 25 and not playing it. Or...the first one. I can't remember the title. fuck!

It seems to be selling better than phantom hourglass: blah

Well comparing just America it's doing slightly worse: blah

Wait, I think those are fucked anyway, the "All" for phantom hourglass is just Japan I think...it's selling worse in every region.

[quote name='Shady Hombre']Why has this game been so consistently cheap (for a first-party DS game)? Not selling much or something?[/QUOTE]

Amazon was really the only retailer that had it marked down for quite some time. As far as I can recall, they've had the game at $25 since practically release. A few other retailers have had deals (like Target having it for $25 near Christmas), but the price goes back up after the week.

I'm not really sure what the deal is with Amazon being able to mark it down so much. They had other games (like Bowser's Inside Story and Mario and Sonic's Winter Games) that were marked down at the same time, but then went back to normal prices (although, both mentioned games are currently $25 again). Typically, first-party Nintendo games take quite a while to drop in price.

Speaking of which, I have noticed that prices on some first-party DS games have steadily been dropping in price over the past few weeks. Mario Kart, for example, is at $28.54 currently. I consulted the price tracker to confirm what I've been witnessing: It started at $33.50, dropped a dollar on the 6th, the 11th, the 13th, the 17th, and the 20th. Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box is another that is doing the same thing (dropping about $4.50 in 50 cent to a dollar increments since the 10th), and there are probably others.

My only guesses are that it is because of rumors that Nintendo is going to announce a new handheld at E3 or that they're trying to better compete with their marketplace. If it is the former, it's odd to see them doing this with games which are consistently in their top sellers (Mario Kart, typically being in the top 5).

That is weird that it seems to have pretty much always been 25 at Amazon. That's the benefit of being the biggest online retailer.

Dammit. I got it from Newegg, so I had to pay $2 tax. Oh well, it didn't want to risk missing out on it, since it'll never be lower (significantly, at least.)

I am just thinking that their first party games aren't selling that well, since people will just buy whatever is 14.99 or 19.99 and be satisfied with it. Its been proven time and time again the majority of american video game consumers are satisfied with crap games as long as their kid gets a new game. When I go shopping for video games its easy to confirm this theory by watching people shop. Despite what we think the informed video game consumer is probably less than 10% of all the people buying video games.

The high price of 34.99 is probably not flying with your typical consumer, and due to this they are choosing other less expensive games over Nintendo's titles. Basically its the economy.

These games are really only on sale at online retailers though, all the B&M retailers still have them at full price aside from sales like this week's Target and Kmart sales. So it is really Amazon and Newegg who are reducing the prices, unless Nintendo is telling them to reduce prices only at certain online retailers. It is still unusual to see first party Nintendo titles drop like that in price though as that certainly did not happen during the GCN/GBA era not counting the very end of that era. It doesn't seem like they are universal price drops across the board though.

I am certainly not complaining about lower prices though..

bread's done
Back