The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

I also agree with the recommendation for a 3DS XL.  The system has a very chunky library now so you are bound to find many games you will want to play on it.  

When buying a system it really comes down to the games you are going to play on it, so I advise buying the console (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, 3DS) that has the most games you are interested in.

At this time the 3DS gets most of the playtime out of any of my consoles but that's just my personal preference in games. 

If you do go with the XL I highly recommend this case/comfort grip:

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGEAR-Nintendo-3DS-XL-Comfort-Grip/dp/B008XHCLFO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1379046225&sr=8-4&keywords=3ds+xl+case

It makes the XL feel super comfortable like a controller and does a fantastic job protecting it from fall damage/etc. Not really portable but it makes gaming on the XL much more enjoyable in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
the dream gear grip is a dust magnet. just get a circle pad pro for grip and not drop/bump it... I did.

I'm going to go the other way and recommend the Zelda Wii U bundle if you know you're going to get a Wii U eventually regardless.  It's a limited edition console, and Nintendo means it when they say limited edition.  You're paying $300 for the deluxe console and Wind Waker HD and you'll be getting Wind Waker a couple of weeks early if you have any interest in playing it right away.  The 3DS will be there later, and given the fact that the times Nintendo released a Zelda themed DS system were both on Black Friday (Gold Triforce DS Lite and the OoT bundle), odds are you'll see a Zelda 3DS XL in a couple of months when the new title comes out.

I'm really tempted to pick up a Zelda Wii U bundle, but I keep thinking about the potential for deals around Black Friday this year.  Not to mention most of the 1st party titles that I'm interested in won't be out until next year at the earliest: Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami x Fire Emblem.  

Decisions decisions.  kitsunisan's comment above almost has me convinced.  

I'm really tempted to pick up a Zelda Wii U bundle, but I keep thinking about the potential for deals around Black Friday this year. Not to mention most of the 1st party titles that I'm interested in won't be out until next year at the earliest: Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Shin Megami x Fire Emblem.

Decisions decisions. kitsunisan's comment above almost has me convinced.
I too would go with the WiiU right now. The 3DS may have a better library of games right now, but the WiiU will have a very good showing as well throughout next year. I also wouldn't expect any amazing Black Friday deals for the WiiU this year. It JUST dropped in price, and I doubt any bundles/small sales would be better than the limited edition controller + Wind Waker. I would think the 3DS would be more likely to have decent black friday deals. Then again, the 2DS will be out around that time, so I doubt retailers will be cutting prices when Nintendo just did that for them.

I am going to have to agree here with the Wii U crowd. The reason I am getting this now is because of the bundle. You will likely get something similar during black friday. With the 3ds you'd probably get a much better bundle. I wont lie though the 3ds library right now is excellent. I use my 3ds more than any of my consoles currently. 

The 3DS praise is definitely justified...I have tons of fun with mine.  It's so awesome to have something around which is able to really give close a console-like experience with the depth of it's games that I can play any time.  This definitely comes in handle while I'm doing photo shoots and stuff like that.

Still, if you're a Nintendo fan and want that magic the Wii U is awesome too and does a good job at it...something which the only consoles cannot capture.

The 3DS library is much better than the Wii U's, which is only starting to get a few decent games.

If you don't own a DS, there's pretty much no contest (by adding the DS library).

I too would go with the WiiU right now. The 3DS may have a better library of games right now, but the WiiU will have a very good showing as well throughout next year. I also wouldn't expect any amazing Black Friday deals for the WiiU this year. It JUST dropped in price, and I doubt any bundles/small sales would be better than the limited edition controller + Wind Waker. I would think the 3DS would be more likely to have decent black friday deals. Then again, the 2DS will be out around that time, so I doubt retailers will be cutting prices when Nintendo just did that for them.
Yeah... uncle. Preordered from BestBuy. Thanks for the nudge :)

You bastards. You made me pre-order it. My first Nintendo console since Gamecube. I hope I am not making a mistake. I want to play through the Windwaker agian. So, excited. 

If anyone is looking for cheap games. Amazon has pretty good deals right now. 

Most Wanted $17

Mass Effect 3 $17

Madden 13 $16.50

Fifa 13 $ 17

You are not. Plus,  having wii u also opens up the wii library.  Not sure the type of games you enjoy, if its fps, can't help you there... but there are some good games on wii too.  hd or not, many are worth playing.

Newegg is charging shipping on the Wii U bundle.

I expected the shipping to be free...

I pre-ordered the console at besybuy.com with in-store pick up, but I also threw down a pre-order at gamestop as a back up. Hopefully the best buy order works out and I can just go and cancel my gamestop order as I'd prefer the points for my reward zone account.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

How are the used market for 3DS XL ? I noticed it seems to be going for around $160ish...

Only thing holding me back from owning a glorious Zelda Wii U :(
Why not just take the Wii U gamepad with the special edition stuff and then put your old controller in. Then sell the console and say that the console is brand new but the controller is used. I've thought about doing this but the decal alone doesn't justify the amount of work.

Why not just take the Wii U gamepad with the special edition stuff and then put your old controller in. Then sell the console and say that the console is brand new but the controller is used. I've thought about doing this but the decal alone doesn't justify the amount of work.

Lmao!!!

Yeah. Old controller new console. Why even say anything?

I'm doing exactly this... Already have a buyer too for 275...
I'm keeping the controller , the and the download codes... So I'm getting my zelda gamepad and wind waker hd for 45$

I pre-ordered on Newegg for my gf birthday on October 1st, I have no idea how Newegg shipping is, should it get here by then? Have the Super Eggsaver (4-7 Days) shipping.

Was just at my local toys r us and they had zelda wii u's for sale 6 of them. I grabbed one and I am going to cancel my best buy pre-order. If anyone has a local toys r us they might want to call and check. They only had 3 by the time i left.

I pre-ordered on Newegg for my gf birthday on October 1st, I have no idea how Newegg shipping is, should it get here by then? Have the Super Eggsaver (4-7 Days) shipping.
Barring some major disaster with the shipping carrier or Newegg shortages (they seem to have a habit of canceling pre-orders), you should be fine.

Was in the same boat as some others here...all ready have a deluxe wii u, have some stuff downloaded, and didn't want to loose that stuff. The only way I thought I could afford the upgrade was to use the playcation coupon and trade in the current one for the $225 at GameStop, but I saw elsewhere on CAG that the PUR steal of the week coming up later this month is 50% bonus on systems traded in toward next gen games. Since I all ready had 6 games for Xbox one and ps4 preordered and paid off, I was able to get a super helpful GS employee to move credit off those games (leaving $5 on them so as not to cancel them) to pay for the Zelda wii u, then I will use the sotw coupon to trade in the new console with my old game pad ( fingers crossed that TIV holds) and use that credit to repay the games I have on reserve. Best of both worlds...keep my downloaded content, get the new Zelda gamepad and the DL codes from the new system.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

How are the used market for 3DS XL ? I noticed it seems to be going for around $160ish...
They are 150 new on Craigslist. If your patient you can wait for a Game stop 50% console trade in promo. I did that and got 135. Although I live in Detroit so people are a little more frugal in a college town you might get more.

Was thinking about selling mine to get this, I don't have any bought downloaded games so it's not a big deal. Just the SD card door on my Wii U is a bit loose and it bugs me. I mean it stays shut. Not sure if that's normal, read that some people have it and some don't. 

Was thinking about selling mine to get this, I don't have any bought downloaded games so it's not a big deal. Just the SD card door on my Wii U is a bit loose and it bugs me. I mean it stays shut. Not sure if that's normal, read that some people have it and some don't.
I had the exact same problem with my launch wii u. Must have been a design error . Now I'm curious if my ww bundle comes with the same problem.

I wouldn't put bets on any longer than a month. But I wouldn't put off getting it either, it could disappear day one. No one really knows.

I wouldn't put bets on any longer than a month. But I wouldn't put off getting it either, it could disappear day one. No one really knows.
That seems reasonable. Nintendo isn't going to have this around for that long. Every other limited edition console they have done (3DS) have gone out of stock not too long after release. The Zelda 3DS, Fire Emblem 3DS, Pikachu 3DS XL, Animal Crossing 3DS XL, etc are all now hard to find and sell for above MSRP on eBay. I bet the two Pokemon ones they are doing aren't going to last that long after release either.

If you are in doubt throw down $50 at GameStop to secure your preorder. Otherwise you might not get it in the future. The price is great though because it comes with Wind Waker and it is the adjusted $300 price which is pretty decent if you ask me. Also if the limited edition of the game (all preorders are sold out at GaemStop) is an indication, this console will be gone before you know it.

I think im going to preorder one in case too. I guess Im alright with a digital copy of WW. Its something thats worth keeping I think.

So is the Wii U like the Wii, where you cant transfer stuff? The only other thing I have on my Wii U now is Luigi U

I even have the Gamestop statue preordered so I might just keep that sealed.

You can't transfer things currently, unless you send it in (I believe). But they have acknowledged the issue and should be fixing it

I had the exact same problem with my launch wii u. Must have been a design error . Now I'm curious if my ww bundle comes with the same problem.
I had a launch Wii U, but I was having disc read error problems so I returned it like the last day I could in January to Best Buy. Then the ZombiU bundle was announced so I waited a few weeks for that. I don't remember if my launch Wii U had that problem or not, but my one from February does. Not really a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

Or maybe I'll buy one and sell the sealed console with my used gamepad and keep the gamepad, probably get more for it.

The disk drive read failure was one of the common failures on the Wii along side GPU failure that resulted in artifacts on screen and failure of the onboard memory. I guess this is yet another example of bad launch hardware.

[quote name="R3DH3R0" post="11064530" timestamp="1379319404"]

I had a launch Wii U, but I was having disc read error problems so I returned it like the last day I could in January to Best Buy. Then the ZombiU bundle was announced so I waited a few weeks for that. I don't remember if my launch Wii U had that problem or not, but my one from February does. Not really a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

Or maybe I'll buy one and sell the sealed console with my used gamepad and keep the gamepad, probably get more for it.[/quote Don't you want the box that the LE console comes in ?

Or maybe I'll buy one and sell the sealed console with my used gamepad and keep the gamepad, probably get more for it.
Dont you want the box the LE console comes in ?

pulled the trigger and bought the zelda wii U edition, i wish i could have bought the figure limited edition :(, oh well, even if there aren't a lot of games for the wii U right now you know they eventually will show up

Waited to long to cancel my preorder at GS and preorder from BB, was told they are packed and ready to ship and can't be canceled, oh well I'll just return it when it comes, hopefully BB doesn't sell out before that happens

How long do you think the Zelda console will be available?
Well at my local Wal-Mart they only got two in where I work. Needless to say I'll be there at opening in hopes of getting one. My store does decent in sales but has a rather large backstock of unsold deluxe wii u's which may or may not play a part of how many they are getting.

Considering the console itself is identical, the easiest thing to do is to just nab the zelda-themed gamepad out of your new bundle, then take your old gamepad and box it back up with the new console in your old Wii U packaging for selling.

Any downside to ordering from Gamestop?

Waited to long to cancel my preorder at GS and preorder from BB, was told they are packed and ready to ship and can't be canceled, oh well I'll just return it when it comes, hopefully BB doesn't sell out before that happens

GameStop called me up today and told me that the bundle won't be available until 9/22. The employee stated that Nintendo sent GameStop a memo to move the launch date.

Have an insane amount of BB credit after moving credit from GS to BB plus I get free expedited shipping (Silver/Elite Plus) where as GS charged me $20 & the RewardZone/MyBestBuy points I would get, but other than that GS is great ;)

Any downside to ordering from Gamestop?

Well at my local Wal-Mart they only got two in where I work. Needless to say I'll be there at opening in hopes of getting one. My store does decent in sales but has a rather large backstock of unsold deluxe wii u's which may or may not play a part of how many they are getting.
So they will be selling these in store on Friday? I heard they already have them out on shelves at some Walmarts though I don't know if it's true. Is there a street date lock on the systems, or can they be purchased today?

I did check my closest TRU on the way home from work today and they had zero on display. Thought I'd look for the hell of it.

bread's done
Back