The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

They are already selling for $100+ on ebay. I hope they open preorders again. Glad that kid got banned, same guy that bought 40+ Hyrule historias.

Am I better off waiting until tomorrow to look for the special editions of people not picking up preorders or just go today?

Yeah, also keep in mind that this isn't out for another month so there's nothing to scavenge except preorders, if that.

Like I've said in earlier posts, when Nintendo says "limited editon" ANYTHING, they mean it. Most limited edition stuff from Nintendo doesn't last past pre orders. If you want it, don't hesitate and pre-order ASAP. Nintendo isn't known for restocking anything past first shipment of limited editions. The only example I know of that's the exception is Mario All-Stars Wii where they did a second reprint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone speculate on how limited this bundle will be? Will this be more excessively produced like the New Super Mario Bros red Wii bundle and therefor be available for months to come or will it be comparable to 3DS limited edition releases and have more of a single-ish production? I know no legitimate details have been released on this but just wanted to hear other peoples perspectives.
I've got a feeling this is going to be very limited. The Ganondorf figure LE game is already sold out in my local GS, thankfully I reserved it on their website day one just in case. That LE Wii U with special gamepad design is gonna be a highly sought collector's item, unfortunately I already have a Wii U and I want the Ganon figure, and there's no way I'm buying a 2nd Wii U AND 2 copies of Windwaker lol. So I'll skip the special Wii U and just get the Windwaker w/Ganon and call it a day.

I've got a feeling this is going to be very limited. The Ganondorf figure LE game is already sold out in my local GS, thankfully I reserved it on their website day one just in case. That LE Wii U with special gamepad design is gonna be a highly sought collector's item, unfortunately I already have a Wii U and I want the Ganon figure, and there's no way I'm buying a 2nd Wii U AND 2 copies of Windwaker lol. So I'll skip the special Wii U and just get the Windwaker w/Ganon and call it a day.
I don't know, I mean neither the WiiU bundle nor the Ganandorf figurine is all that interesting from a pure collectors perspective IMHO. The WiiU only contains a little extra graphic touch on the pad and the game is a download and not even on disc. I just don't see how that maintains any extra collector's value or interest long term.

As for the LE, it's $10 extra for a small 5" figurine. There's no bonus soundtrack or art book or anything else included. It would be different if Nintendo never released Zelda related merchandise, but there are tons of Zelda related figures and statutes and all sorts of other limited edition stuff out there. I just think this is a case of speculators and flippers driving up demand and a few months after launch, people will realize that both of these things are completely mass produced collectibles that have no real long term value.

Glad I stopped by a few days ago to preorder the game.

But don't worry guys, in 6 months GameStop with "secure" a very limited number of the collectors editions with Statue, "used", and price them at 89.99.

I love how people try to be funny about gamestops business practices in the same paragraph that they say they preordered. Lmao
There is not irony there. I didn't condemn their actions or insult them.

I love it when people can't grasp simple concepts such as irony. Or know what a paragraph is.

I don't know, I mean neither the WiiU bundle nor the Ganandorf figurine is all that interesting from a pure collectors perspective IMHO. The WiiU only contains a little extra graphic touch on the pad and the game is a download and not even on disc. I just don't see how that maintains any extra collector's value or interest long term.

As for the LE, it's $10 extra for a small 5" figurine. There's no bonus soundtrack or art book or anything else included. It would be different if Nintendo never released Zelda related merchandise, but there are tons of Zelda related figures and statutes and all sorts of other limited edition stuff out there. I just think this is a case of speculators and flippers driving up demand and a few months after launch, people will realize that both of these things are completely mass produced collectibles that have no real long term value.
Your giving people way too much credit, they aren't that smart when it comes to these things. Also, if for what ever reason they feel it maintains it's value or goes up they will justify purchasing said item by abiding to those terms.

If anyone is interested, I just got off the phone with Nintendo asking about a Wii U system transfer.  I was told that it's still not possible at this time, and my purchases and points are still tied to my console.  I was told, however, that I should be able to just swap game pads and use the Zelda one with my old system, so I may wind up just swapping the pads and selling the new system with the old deluxe pad and packaging.  

I'm sitting here trying to throw money at Nintendo and they're making me jump through hoops to do it, their console sales are low enough as it is, they can't afford to kill a sale because of stupid stuff like this.  Nintendo always seems to be at least 3 steps behind everyone else when it comes to hardware and online.

Stupid question, but wouldn't in store pickup work as a preorder? Your CC won't get charged until you pick it up
I find store pick up not as reliable. I often get orders cancelled, I feel safer with instore preorders, but I ended up doing in store pick up and trying my luck

oh, sorry edge. i just haven't been paying much attention to this thread.

didnt both mario all stars and skyward sword get a reprint? im guessing it will be the same with this one.

I have not been paying close attention to this post; what is selling on Ebay for $100+?

wind waker limited edition http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wind+waker+limited+edition&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_okw=&_oexkw=&_adv=1&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=200&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

Like I've said in earlier posts, when Nintendo says "limited editon" ANYTHING, they mean it. Most limited edition stuff from Nintendo doesn't last past pre orders. If you want it, don't hesitate and pre-order ASAP. Nintendo isn't known for restocking anything past first shipment of limited editions. The only example I know of that's the exception is Mario All-Stars Wii where they did a second reprint.

The Zelda 3ds console was available for at least a month after release. It's very valuable now, but I see the wii u lasting just as long if not longer

oh, sorry edge. i just haven't been paying much attention to this thread.

didnt both mario all stars and skyward sword get a reprint? im guessing it will be the same with this
Skyward never got a reprint, if you didn't preorder you were screwed..

Although the Bestbuy by me put all their preorders out for anyone to buy

SS had a big first run with the CD. I found a few still at Best Buys. At Blockbuster I must have found 6-7 CDs from buying Zeldas.

I tried to preorder this in store and they ran out. Thankfully I preordered 2 already but was just seeing if it was possible.

Of course it's speculation.. coming here to find answers about how rare something will be makes no sense.

Nobody here knows. You might as well go ask Miss Cleo.

The only thing to go on is the fact that the initial run is sold out + people still want it.

I love how people try to be funny about gamestops business practices in the same paragraph that they say they preordered. Lmao
Is there anything you don't find funny? :roll:

Well, not really unless you wanted it day one. There were a glut of them at least in my area. So much that BB put them out for $10 after the Gamer or GU coupon (forgot which one). On top of that, I remember that there were a few instances where they were $10-15 elsewhere for a while and I probably flipped a few to GS. Kept one to play, still in the backlog.

I only ended up preordering one of each (game and U bundle). If they go up, great. If not, then I'll open them up and play/use them when the U beefs up their library later this year.

SS had a big first run with the CD. I found a few still at Best Buys. At Blockbuster I must have found 6-7 CDs from buying Zeldas.

I tried to preorder this in store and they ran out. Thankfully I preordered 2 already but was just seeing if it was possible.
I wasn't talking about the cd.. I was talking about the gold remote bundle. You can still easily get the cd version even now. Gold remote sold out first day

I got the gold remote SS bundle for Christmas in 2011.

My mom/sister went on Black Friday and got the last copy. 

I haven't even used the remote, and doubt I ever will.  :whee:

How strange, guess my area was an exclusion because i was able to find them EVERYWHERE until black friday week when they drop the price of the skyward sword bundle for 59.99

You guys really think the windwaker Wii u will be very limited? Was going to holdout till black Friday but maybe not now.

Christ, even the ones with the remote I remember seeing just days before Christmas 2011 at my local Best Buy. I kinda wish I would have picked it up, but eh.

You guys really think the windwaker Wii u will be very limited? Was going to holdout till black Friday but maybe not now.
Yup it will definitely be limited. Most Nintendo limited edition bundles don't last very long....wait til Black Friday and you will be disappointed. Considering that this comes out September 20th and Black Friday doesn't start til November 29th that is a long way to go and they will be long gone before then

Yup it will definitely be limited. Most Nintendo limited edition bundles don't last very long....wait til Black Friday and you will be disappointed. Considering that this comes out September 20th and Black Friday doesn't start til November 29th that is a long way to go and they will be long gone before then
Thanks for the reply, doubt ill preorder. I will get one if I can walk into the store on launch and pick one up though

The only real option if you haven't preordered is that you head to your local Gamestop with $60 in hand and buy the few copies that they will have in store on release date. 

The only real option if you haven't preordered is that you head to your local Gamestop with $60 in hand and buy the few copies that they will have in store on release date.
Thanks for that suggestion -I'll definitely have to try that if preorders don't come back- i have like 6 gamestops near me locally and plan to try that on October 4th when they open at 10/11 am since i don't have any classes that day- just MAYBE i'll have a chance to get one then

I think it did... My Gamestop got a few extra copies after it "sold out" initially everywhere else.
It wasn't reprinted, it was just additional stock. Amazon and GS almost always put up additional copies post release due to orders being cancelled, returns, billing errors, etc.

Chances are, this WWHD LE bundle will probably show up in stock on or shortly after its release date. Or GS might decide to make more copies available.

And they'll probably give you the "sorry, you should have pre-ordered" since it is probably limited. They normally hold pre-orders for 48 hours, but for more limited items, they sometimes hold them longer.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Im glad I got 2 preordered and paid them off in full at the time.

Chances are this could get restocked like most "limited" stuff we have seen, but Nintendo stuff will go quicker than usual. If you see this at MSRP, buy it and ask questions later.

Zelda with Ganondorf figure MSRP $54.99 but GS have it for $59.99.  It's illegal to raise up extra $5 ?  Can we pre-order & buy the game and we all team up SUE GS for ripping customers extra $5, lol

bread's done
Back