The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

With Preorders for Windwaker HD + Ganondorf figure sold out.. looks like there is no need to get the game at launch anymore.
Obviously Nintendo is in much better shape than we thought they were

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did it...reserved one of the consoles at Best Buy with in-store pickup.  I had actually just bought one of the $10 reservation cards for the XB1 at Target a couple days before (last one at my store) but after spending a few days thinking it over I just can't get excited for the XB1.  Neither new console looks appealing to me at launch, both the PS4's and XB1's launch lineups are "ok" but nothing mind-blowing.  I can't see myself really needing either one until mid-late next year.  

Seeing that the Wii U has a few games out now and will have more out by the end of the year/early next year it'll keep me going for a while.  Well, that combined with my massive backlog at the moment too lol.  Have to say too, that the idea of playing games on the tablet while I have an NFL game on the TV is extremely appealing!

Gamestop more than likely took a portion of their inventory for themselves so they can sell them later for $100+ dollars pre-owned.

Gamestop more than likely took a portion of their inventory for themselves so they can sell them later for $100+ dollars pre-owned.
Hurr hurr so funny, we haven't heard that in this thread before. Clever indeed.

I'm still on the fence now about if I want the console though. I might preorder one, not sure.

I think it did... My Gamestop got a few extra copies after it "sold out" initially everywhere else.
There was no such reprint for bundle. My store would have notified us if it was. One initial shipment, that was all. You got really lucky with your GameStop, must of been a flagship location that received extra copies from other stores.

Well I did it...reserved one of the consoles at Best Buy with in-store pickup. I had actually just bought one of the $10 reservation cards for the XB1 at Target a couple days before (last one at my store) but after spending a few days thinking it over I just can't get excited for the XB1. Neither new console looks appealing to me at launch, both the PS4's and XB1's launch lineups are "ok" but nothing mind-blowing. I can't see myself really needing either one until mid-late next year.

Seeing that the Wii U has a few games out now and will have more out by the end of the year/early next year it'll keep me going for a while. Well, that combined with my massive backlog at the moment too lol. Have to say too, that the idea of playing games on the tablet while I have an NFL game on the TV is extremely appealing!
I 100% agree with this. You said it better than what I could. Maybe if TitanFall was out or when the new Gears/Halo come out I'll get excited.

If only people new what "suggested" means...

Anyway...this reminds me if when the Wii U was announced and everyone kept saying that developers were under an NDA. That's why the games were so bad. I'm guessing 3rd party is still under NDA. Lol

If only people new what "suggested" means...

Anyway...this reminds me if when the Wii U was announced and everyone kept saying that developers were under an NDA. That's why the games were so bad. I'm guessing 3rd party is still under NDA. Lol
As I've said before, Nintendo and GameStop should have had this issue worked out before announcing prices. GameStop is the ONLY place selling it, so it should have never been announced at $54.99 if GS wasn't going to stick with that. Normally, you can just go somewhere that IS selling for MSRP if GS decides to throw an extra $5 on there for themselves, just not in this instance.

I understand what suggested means, I just think it's stupid the way this was handled.

Actually since GameStop is the ONLY one selling it...that's all the more reason for them to sell it at a higher price. It's sold out. Obviously the only people complaining are the ones who missed out.

Actually since GameStop is the ONLY one selling it...that's all the more reason for them to sell it at a higher price. It's sold out. Obviously the only people complaining are the ones who missed out.
Nah, I preordered the day it was announced. $5 doesn't break me, just annoys me. :D

Nintendo should do this kind of thing more often.  That cheap little toy surprisingly motivates people to rebuy this game.

Seems ironic for a game with such a cartoony style to be remade in HD.  It doesn't look better at all to me, just different.

Seems ironic for a game with such a cartoony style to be remade in HD. It doesn't look better at all to me, just different.
Cartoony or not, it benefits from the HD resolution. The Gamecube version looks muddy in comparison.

I 100% agree with this. You said it better than what I could. Maybe if TitanFall was out or when the new Gears/Halo come out I'll get excited.
Yup, Quantum Break and Titanfall are what I'm looking forward to the most and neither one has a release date yet. I'm a fan of Forza but kind of burnt out on it (I mean really, what can they even do anymore but make the graphics better?). Used to like Killer Instinct back in the day but it's not a system seller for me by any means. Dead Rising 1 was one of my biggest disappointments of all time (especially since the demo was fun...IMO the game was ruined by the strict time and by the terrible survivor AI), DR 2 was a lot better but still not a system seller...so who knows how 3 will turn out.

On PS4 the only game which looks even remotely close to a system seller is Killzone, but for some reason I was never able to get into that series. Sure the graphics are awesome but I hate playing FPS's with the dualshock and to me the whole game just felt kind of generic.

At least I'll have Pikmin, NSMB, Wind Waker, Monster Hunter and then Mario Kart and Mario World soon. Might even try some stuff like Zombie U since it's cheap. Plus, most early "next gen" games are on the 360 and Wii U anyway (Black Flag, Batman, Ghosts...).

Nintendo should do this kind of thing more often. That cheap little toy surprisingly motivates people to rebuy this game.
Kind of like that cheap toy in a cereal box. Pay $1 more for the box that has the toy in it.

For me, I didn't play WW (missed it when GS was clearing out GC games) so it will be a new experience for me. The figure is a nice bonus.

With Preorders for Windwaker HD + Ganondorf figure sold out.. looks like there is no need to get the game at launch anymore.

Wut. If anything, it means they didn't ship enough.
Their Wii U sales have been dreadful.

Nintendo should do this kind of thing more often. That cheap little toy surprisingly motivates people to rebuy this game.

Seems ironic for a game with such a cartoony style to be remade in HD. It doesn't look better at all to me, just different.
That's like saying Spongebob or FG don't benefit from the clarity of HD, when in reality, they obviously do.

I said this yesterday. Of course they are. Did you see the profit margin on wii? And now 3ds? They are set for many more years of sad Wii u sales.

so I make a post about wind waker, a troll makes a stupid comment quoting me and my post gets deleted too?

Hey guys,

Can someone confirm that my Gamestop receipt preorder has the correct ID?

020398 - Nintendo Wii Deluxe

240243 - Windwaker LE W/ Ganon Statue.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO T_T aghhh please gamestop put more limited editons for preorder :(

So apparently the store I preordered from is closing. I got a message saying my preorder will be transferred to another local store, should I worry?

Hey guys,

Can someone confirm that my Gamestop receipt preorder has the correct ID?

020398 - Nintendo Wii Deluxe

240243 - Windwaker LE W/ Ganon Statue.
Umm... Did they change SKUS? My Wind Waker LE is 240234. It was confirmed earlier in the thread also.

I do have the same SKU for the Wii U Deluxe Zelda Bundle

yes, you should
I agree. All it takes is one of the people there to mess something up. I had my store try a shakedown once. The working employees swore there was no free version of PUR. They didn't get any business from me for 2 years.

I agree. All it takes is one of the people there to mess something up. I had my store try a shakedown once. The working employees swore there was no free version of PUR. They didn't get any business from me for 2 years.
are we talking about the same thing? lol

I imagine the copies of the LE that were allocated to the store I initially preordered from will go to my other store. This will be disappointing if I get boned on this
did you know the store was closing, before you preordered?

did you know the store was closing, before you preordered?
No, the employees didn't mention it and I didn't see anything posted. Plus I always thought that store was in a better area/ did more business so I find it odd. Oh well, guess ill call around tomorrow.

No, the employees didn't mention it and I didn't see anything posted. Plus I always thought that store was in a better area/ did more business so I find it odd. Oh well, guess ill call around tomorrow.
they really screw you over, even thought they know they are closing, still took a preorder to boost their own numbers. i would give them a negative review on the receipt

You know what would be dope if they do what sony does with the God of war on the PSP. They port Phantom Hour Glass and Spirt Tracks on to the new Wind Waker Engine and give it HD for the WiiU. It has the tablet for the touch screen. I don't know if what Nintendo's plans are for their handheld games because their are really good third party GBA games that need to be released on the virtual console that weren't apart of the Ambassador pass.

do you think i can still preorder it in a store? :(
Store pre-orders were cut off days ago. Your best bet is to keep an eye on this on and after release day. They'll likely put up a few extra copies due to order cancellations, billing errors, etc.

My point is that putting cartoons in HD makes far less of a difference than updating something like Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess or even taking an old 2d or top down view zelda and retelling the story in full HD 3D.  

I really like the Toon Link games, but I just think an HD remake of almost any other Zelda would be more exciting.

Exactly when did the pre-orders for the game LE sold out online? I tried doing it either the day of or after and it wasn't letting me go through saying my information wasn't accepted. Was that just a glitch? or did they sell out?

Anyone willing to trade a zelda leather bound hyrule historia book for the LE wind waker game with figure? It's sealed.

Exactly when did the pre-orders for the game LE sold out online? I tried doing it either the day of or after and it wasn't letting me go through saying my information wasn't accepted. Was that just a glitch? or did they sell out?
It seems that they are sold out at the moment. I tried to preorder more yesterday and wasnt allowed. I already have 2 preordered.

Granted, this might not always be the case. Usually stuff will get restocked or something at random times. Im not sure though about Gamestop exclusive items though. Items like the Rumble U figures and Ni No Kuni steel are rare/collectible. Im just really glad I preordered 2.

Gah, I knew I shouldn't have procrastinated on that Ganon figure. All gone now. No way I'm considering ebay. Ah well, it's probably for the better. With two new consoles to buy (three if the retron 5 ever comes out), I probably shouldn't be dropping $60 on a statue edition right now anyway.

Well, the Post Pandemic came back in stock at least once, and I think twice actually, so I would say there is a good chance this will too!  It may, however, not last but a few minutes or hours.

They sold out online about the third day of availability.

If the glitch you ran into was the one at checkout saying your information doesn't match your financial institutions blah blah blah, it happens randomly and sticks for a while. Its an issue completely at their end that they refuse to fix. You can make an order one day, and then have that error hound you for a few weeks despite all information being exactly the same as your successful order.

My point is that putting cartoons in HD makes far less of a difference than updating something like Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess or even taking an old 2d or top down view zelda and retelling the story in full HD 3D.

I really like the Toon Link games, but I just think an HD remake of almost any other Zelda would be more exciting.
Though the other games might make for a more exciting HD adventure, remaking the previous titles in HD would take a considerable amount of time and resources to do. Nintendo was looking to for a quick cash in to drive horrible sales so Windwaker was going to be the quickest/easiest to bring to HD. I doubt they'll do any others as they'll just focus on their work for the original Zelda title for the Wii U that they've been developing for a while.

So It's a known system glitch? Wow that kind bothers me more now that I know thats was what prevented me to pre-order it day one or before they sold out.

bread's done
Back