The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

Does GameStop still send confirmation texts informing those who pre-ordered something that they can pick their pre-order up the next day?

I always remember that I got a text the day before the item released confirming that I could pick the item up the next morning at opening.

Anyone get such a text for the Wii U Zelda bundle?

Does GameStop still send confirmation texts informing those who pre-ordered something that they can pick their pre-order up the next day?

I always remember that I got a text the day before the item released confirming that I could pick the item up the next morning at opening.

Good point I didn't get the text .....

Any idea when Newegg ships?
wondering the same thing. dont mind getting one late as long as i get it. but starting to get a little nervous theyre not going to fulfill my preorder and beginning to think about buying one (and paying tax) at Target/BB/GS instead. p.s. feels good to get hyped again about a new console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point I didn't get the text .....
Well I just called the store and they said the texts should have gone out for pre-order customers. He was surprised it hadn't gone out and said there must've been a network problem. He assured me they had mine in the back and I could get it at 10am tomorrow morning.

He mentioned my store had 2 extras and they expected a long line at opening.

Glad some people are excited for this. I'll be waiting it out and hoping there is another bundle closer to Black Friday.

Glad some people are excited for this. I'll be waiting it out and hoping there is another bundle closer to Black Friday.
You could buy this bundle and keep it sealed, then if nothing comes out around bf that your interested in you have this to fall back on, if something does you can more than get your return out of this.

I really don't think there will be long lines.

Also I habe not received any txy msg from GS.

I will call them up tomorrow and maybe pick up during lunch time

Called my local Target to see how many they received for tomorrow. I was told they only got 4 Zelda Deluxe bundles. I'm hoping to score one at opening due to having a $50 giftcard and $10 off coupon. Worst case I have a preorder at Gamestop for it along with the limited Windwaker statue version.

You're SOL for the time being. You won't be able to preorder it, I'd check back in the day it releases.
I'm going to check out the local Gamestops. Some people have had success preordering in store. I didn't even know about this until a few days ago and it is long sold out.

My bestbuy told me they got 15 in stock. I really don't see there being lines for this, it should be easy to get it at atleast some stores.

I usually get calls and it's really annoying

Best Buy inventory tracker has updated. It's showing as in stock at pretty much every single store ever. So just do a store pick-up if you want, or better yet, just walk in and buy one!

It'll be at multiple retailers for ~at least~ the first few days without selling out.

Picked up my Wii U at Wal-Mart they had a whopping two consoles, same for a majority of Wal-Marts around.

I told a crowd of people waiting for IPhone inventory that I was waiting for a Wii U and they all laughed.

Secretly I'm laughing at them. Fools.

Picked up my Wii U at Wal-Mart they had a whopping two consoles, same for a majority of Wal-Marts around.

I told a crowd of people waiting for IPhone inventory that I was waiting for a Wii U and they all laughed.

Haha, that's funny. I'd be laughing too.

Whats an iPhone? Same sh×× repeated over and over...

I am laughing here with you

Anyone's newegg order shipped out yet?
Mine has not been processed and they site already lists them out of stock.

Edit: I just called newegg and they say that the shipment has not arrived to their warehouse yet or not yet been processed in the warehouse. He told me the warehouse is not yet open and should be opening in about an hour.

As long as I get it I could care less when it arrives.

So I cancelled the newegg order and ordered it at best buy for instore pickup.

fuck this shit I got four games at home I and want to play this thing this weekend.

You guys sg just call up all your local electronic stores GD Target BB Malwart....

Got mine from GS 2 days ago . Picking up today.

246lx1g.jpg

259y9mo.jpg

question did these not come sealed??  i just picked mine up and lil worried.  im not saying it could but couldnt anyone just open this take the download codes and then still sell it saying new since no seal tabs???  thankfully i checked and nothing was touched but im just saying.

You really, honestly think that the PS3 and 360 are "almost as powerful" as the Wii U/

Really?
I don't know. Maybe I should have phrased it as the WiiU being significantly less powerful than the PS4 or Xbox One?

How is everyone enjoying Zelda? Does it look amazing? Gah, I really want to play it (again)!

question did these not come sealed?? i just picked mine up and lil worried. im not saying it could but couldnt anyone just open this take the download codes and then still sell it saying new since no seal tabs??? thankfully i checked and nothing was touched but im just saying.
Mine wasn't sealed either. I thought it was kind of funny considering the bitch of a time I had opening my Zelda 3DS because they used some industrial strength glue on that shit.

My Target only got two, I grabbed one because I'm too impatient for Best Buy to open up. Gonna cancel my Best Buy order so someone else has a chance to pick it up.

i just looked at my original box for the wii u deluxe i got last year and guess even those werent seal tabbed.  just is odd considering there is download codes anyone could grab easily and then just return the system without the codes.  needless to say id be wary anyone buying on ebay etc..

A Best Buy in my area had about 5 or 6 of them out on their shelf on Monday 9/16. When I asked about it at Customer Service, they said they were not supposed to be out. Each and everyone one of them was probably a pre-order. They had spider wrap tightly locked around the boxes which damaged the box for each of them. I would be careful ordering online and choosing in-store pickup, especially if you care about the condition of the box. I told Customer service that they were probably going to tick off a bunch of customers since they damaged the boxes with spider wrap, because they chose to prematurely put them out on a shelf and in the open. What a stupid practice. I wish Best Buy would realize the value of some of their limited or special edition items and just keep them locked up instead up using that stupid spider wrap. Those things don't prevent someone from stealing anything anyway. If a thief wants one, they will find a way to cut the lines and steal it and walk right out the door with it.

Mine wasn't sealed either. I thought it was kind of funny considering the bitch of a time I had opening my Zelda 3DS because they used some industrial strength glue on that shit.

My Target only got two, I grabbed one because I'm too impatient for Best Buy to open up. Gonna cancel my Best Buy order so someone else has a chance to pick it up.
As far as I know the Wii U has never came sealed, not sure if 3DS or XL do, nothing is coming to mind right now.

Jealous of some of you right now, I have to wait a few weeks to enjoy Zelda. I guess I could brush up on the Gamecube if I really wanted too, I was watching a bit of that twitch tv bit and the game looked really cool.

A Best Buy in my area had about 5 or 6 of them out on their shelf on Monday 9/16. When I asked about it at Customer Service, they said they were not supposed to be out. Each and everyone one of them was probably a pre-order. They had spider wrap tightly locked around the boxes which damaged the box for each of them. I would be careful ordering online and choosing in-store pickup, especially if you care about the condition of the box. I told Customer service that they were probably going to tick off a bunch of customers since they damaged the boxes with spider wrap, because they chose to prematurely put them out on a shelf and in the open. What a stupid practice. I wish Best Buy would realize the value of some of their limited or special edition items and just keep them locked up instead up using that stupid spider wrap. Those things don't prevent someone from stealing anything anyway. If a thief wants one, they will find a way to cut the lines and steal it and walk right out the door with it.
They do know the value, it's $299.99....

I'm sure it's due to the store itself because my closest store never has anything spider-wrapped these days. So maybe loss-prevention at store is a bigger issue than it is at others. I'm sure my case is YMMV though.

I think the Wii U will end up being kinda niche like the Gamecube but if you want the exclusives, many of which will be new and unique, it's the only way.
I agree with you on this point, and I really have no problem if the Wii U ends up being a GC 2.0 when all is said and done.

The GameCube was not a popular console among the average gamer, however it remains one of my favorite (if not favorite) console I've ever owned. The 1st party titles on that system were amazing and more memorable, and creative than those on the Wii.

I'll take the GamePad over waggle controls any day.

If that were my preorder I would look elsewhere . I no you don't play the box but I always care about the condition of the box. I keep all my came cases and boxes and I know I'm not alone !

I agree with you on this point, and I really have no problem if the Wii U ends up being a GC 2.0 when all is said and done.

The GameCube was not a popular console among the average gamer, however it remains one of my favorite (if not favorite) console I've ever owned. The 1st party titles on that system were amazing and more memorable, and creative than those on the Wii.

I'll take the GamePad over waggle controls any day.
The wii u controller will work great for zelda games for sure . Anyone who played oot on 3ds has to be excited to play on the wii u gamepad .

Just got back from my local Best Buy and they only had 3 so I suggest heading out asap if you want a system. I guess these really are limited.

question did these not come sealed?? i just picked mine up and lil worried. im not saying it could but couldnt anyone just open this take the download codes and then still sell it saying new since no seal tabs??? thankfully i checked and nothing was touched but im just saying.
If the code is used then it's proved that they were lying if they tried to sell or resell the console as new. The one sold in target has serial number on receipt so they knew where the returned ones come from. Gamestop has that too. Not sure about best buy but best buy return requires ID so hopefully that can prevent people from taking the code and return the console.

Also who see the console in person and still want to return? It's stunning. The real thing is much better than what's in the picture. Black and gold is the best color combination. I saw mine and didn't want to use it anymore - I want to keep it new so it always looks this shiny. So I redeemed my code with my old Wii U and leave this one as a collection.

bread's done
Back