The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

As much as i want it to be limited since i bought one its looking like a possible no. Until at least black Friday.  I currently have 43sitting in the back. 

I checked stock today at BB. And it looks like our store is getting more. Not to mention there is plenty in the district. Some stores still have 15 or more. X_X

This is in the  East South Florida area. For those still looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow got mine tonight and it looks like Ace Ventura delivered it...you know from the opening of the first movie.  There is no way that thing is in working condition.  Sounds like a puzzle box...Thanks gamestop and UPS...

He is just saying 'when' it sells out.

A Sonic/DK/Mario gamepad just wouldn't be quite as cool though.  Nothing beats gold colored zelda stuff.

Wow got mine tonight and it looks like Ace Ventura delivered it...you know from the opening of the first movie. There is no way that thing is in working condition. Sounds like a puzzle box...Thanks gamestop and UPS...
Great. This post, along with an earlier one about a bestbuy.com shipment arriving simply in a bag and beat up, is making me nervous about my own delivery from Bestbuy. I hope when it finally gets here that it is in decent shape. I don't mind if the box is a little scuffed as long as the system itself is safe.

Sorry to inject this into the topic, but I'm selling a brand new Windwaker bundle for $305 in the Orange County area if anyone's interested. The bundle's brand new, everything is included, and I will also include the receipt. PM if you're interested. Thanks!

Sorry to inject this into the topic, but I'm selling a brand new Windwaker bundle for $305 in the Orange County area if anyone's interested. The bundle's brand new, everything is included, and I will also include the receipt. PM if you're interested. Thanks!
Whoops a daisy.

why not just return it to the store?

why is it still in stock? wtf how many consoles did they make?
Probably because:

a) Nintendo needs something to gain momentum for the Wii U.

b) They want people's money, before said people spend their disposable income on the upcoming PS4/X1

c) Third parties won't fully support the Wii U unless it has decent established user base.

d) They know this will sell.

I don't really see why they wouldn't keep making these. They're probably not losing a huge amount of money on this compared to the standard deluxe model. They released tons of special bundles with the GameCube and very few of those were rare...

why is it still in stock? wtf how many consoles did they make?
I don't think they will keep making these,sort of like a one print run, however I think they made a lot of them and I don't think the demand is there, even if it is zelda.

I'm really disappointed with Newegg over this. I didn't even get a shipping notification until Saturday, I wasn't able to use a valid coupon for $20 nor could I use Shoprunner but now not only is it Shoprruner eligible there's also a coupon for $20 off, so pre-ordering essentially cost me $27. I still don't even have it, UPS says I'm getting it Friday.

I'm really disappointed with Newegg over this. I didn't even get a shipping notification until Saturday, I wasn't able to use a valid coupon for $20 nor could I use Shoprunner but now not only is it Shoprruner eligible there's also a coupon for $20 off, so pre-ordering essentially cost me $27. I still don't even have it, UPS says I'm getting it Friday.
Being patient is important sometimes.

I was trying to make a list of Wii U-exclusive games I'd want on my wish list and got as far as Zelda, New Super Mario Bros. U and possibly Pikmin 3. I wouldn't be buying any cross-platform stuff for the Wii U because I have a PC, PS3 and eventually a PS4.

I've been a fan of Zelda since the gold cartridge NES days but I'd still feel like I was buying this based on speculation that it's going to get good games someday in the future, not for the games it has right now, and even at $280 shipped that's hard to do.

I was trying to make a list of Wii U-exclusive games I'd want on my wish list and got as far as Zelda, New Super Mario Bros. U and possibly Pikmin 3. I wouldn't be buying any cross-platform stuff for the Wii U because I have a PC, PS3 and eventually a PS4.

I've been a fan of Zelda since the gold cartridge NES days but I'd still feel like I was buying this based on speculation that it's going to get good games someday in the future, not for the games it has right now, and even at $280 shipped that's hard to do.

Ok

This. Really what I want are Zelda and Pikmin and then in some distant point in the future SSB and Bayonetta 2 (assuming it doesn't go multi-platform by then). There's other stuff like Wonderful 101, ZombiU and SMBU that I would be interested in as well if I already had the system but that's still not a lot to buy a system off of. The Wii became a respectable hardcore system by the end because there was quality titles but you had the benefit of everyone having to develop for it because the install base was so huge and it had the public mind share. I honestly think it's going to be more of a GameCube where the system winds up being a classic because the quality of the exclusives was that outstanding despite a lack of quantity. How long that's going to take is another question since 3rd parties have lost interest and we're still waiting for Nintendo to get the first party games really rolling.

I'm just sad that I missed the SNES classics like Super Metroid and Earthbound when they were a quarter or whatever ridiculous amount it was.

This. Really what I want are Zelda and Pikmin and then in some distant point in the future SSB and Bayonetta 2 (assuming it doesn't go multi-platform by then). There's other stuff like Wonderful 101, ZombiU and SMBU that I would be interested in as well if I already had the system but that's still not a lot to buy a system off of. The Wii became a respectable hardcore system by the end because there was quality titles but you had the benefit of everyone having to develop for it because the install base was so huge and it had the public mind share. I honestly think it's going to be more of a GameCube where the system winds up being a classic because the quality of the exclusives was that outstanding despite a lack of quantity. How long that's going to take is another question since 3rd parties have lost interest and we're still waiting for Nintendo to get the first party games really rolling.

I'm just sad that I missed the SNES classics like Super Metroid and Earthbound when they were a quarter or whatever ridiculous amount it was.
The Wii 1 never had a strong third party support either because software numbers were pretty bad as most people got it for Wii Sports and a few first party games. Sure you got a few gem like tatsunoko vs capcom and no more heroes but it was nothing compare to PS360 support. There wasn't that much of a difference between the support Gamecube was getting.

The Wii 1 never had a strong third party support either because software numbers were pretty bad as most people got it for Wii Sports and a few first party games. Sure you got a few gem like tatsunoko vs capcom and no more heroes but it was nothing compare to PS360 support. There wasn't that much of a difference between the support Gamecube was getting.
I never said the Wii got a lot of good third party games but it got a lot of third party games with some nice exclusives and gems especially of the quirky Japanese type. At least if everyone in the world world is pouring games onto the system you'll be getting at least some worthwhile games. Better than almost no one developing for it and there being nothing available.

Thats funny, I just unboxed this system last night and the first thing I did was buy Super Metroid and Earthbound, Yes it cost me $17.98 but is well worth it.

I have a kid that's a Lego maniac so buying City Undercover was an easy decision. It also helps that the game is like Pixar making a GTA game. The writing is absolutely brilliant and the game is gorgeous. I think the Wii U pad is mostly novelty but using it in the ARG method to find stuff totally reinvigorated the collectathon game model which I generally hate.

My purchase list had hit a reasonable point with Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Super Mario 3D and likely Scribblenauts. I agree that for many people the Nintendo exclusives may just not be enough for older folks like us who have played a lot of these games for years but with kids I see the appeal of this system more and more.

As far as availability it will likely go the Xbox 360 Star Wars route, it took a year and a clearance but that system holds value pretty well despite being widely available for a long time.

Earthbound was never 30 cents. Lol
Well good, that means I can buy it someday. :whee:

My purchase list had hit a reasonable point with Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Super Mario 3D and likely Scribblenauts. I agree that for many people the Nintendo exclusives may just not be enough for older folks like us who have played a lot of these games for years but with kids I see the appeal of this system more and more.
Oh I'm buying it almost entirely for first party titles because I know that those alone will justify the system since it's going to be a second or third system that I won't feel the need to regularly play outside of that stuff.

Oh I'm buying it almost entirely for first party titles because I know that those alone will justify the system since it's going to be a second or third system that I won't feel the need to regularly play outside of that stuff.
That's what the Wii was to me and here I am playing Skyward Sword on the next Nintendo console. At least its backwards compatible!

you are going to end up regretting it, and be disappointed by ordering from newegg of all places.
Why would you say something like that? Just because YOU don't want a Wii U doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to convince others to not want one! That's some fanboy shit right there, for real. Almost every single person, including myself and 3 personal friends I have, who bought a Wii U, think it's not just Nintendo's best console ever made, but downright THE best console ever made. The games are some of the funnest I've ever played in my life.

bread's done
Back