The Lego Movie 3DS, $10.99 at Target ($29.99, then $20 off with a $1 preorder of another game)

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up. Target is having their buy a game and reserve a game $20 off promotion again on select games. All The Lego Movie games are within this promotion and the 3DS version is $29.99 so just get the game and grab a $1 reservation card and the total will be $10.99 before tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal. I got 1 copy and the cashier mentioned how good of a deal it was. I went to the car and decided to return to grab a second copy for a gift. He was  bummed because that was the last copy and he wanted it....sorry target cashier dude.

do all the lego movie games come with movie cash?
No. It was only initial release copies I think. I bought my ps3 version at Best Buy a week after release, and it was already a restock without movie cash.

If you do find an early copy, though, I think the Target console versions came with free Wild West costume DLC.

Thanks OP! Picked one up as a birthday gift for my nephew. Would have gotten one for myself, but I already have MGS and Infamous: Second Son coming in this week.

I picked up the last 2 copies at the 2nd Target that I went...almost all the other Targets were out of stock (at least for the 3ds)...kinda OT but was the Yoshi 3DS XL a rare one? I couldn't find a single one today

Thanks for the heads up that it worked on the 3ds version.  I got the last copy at the target I went to.  The clerk had no idea what I was trying to do, but it was clearly marked on the shelf and it rang up with no trouble. 

Two copies at my store as well, picked up one. Never tried a Lego game before, maybe I'll give it a whirl. Bought Marvel Super Heroes for my kids on Wii U but never got a chance to try it. Anybody know if this version is similar to the console version? Worth playing both?

Two copies at my store as well, picked up one. Never tried a Lego game before, maybe I'll give it a whirl. Bought Marvel Super Heroes for my kids on Wii U but never got a chance to try it. Anybody know if this version is similar to the console version? Worth playing both?
Console versions are open world, 3DS versions are hub-based worlds. And play Lego Marvel on the Wii U if you're a Marvel fan, fun as hell.

Thanks OP! Picked up the last copy at my local Target on my lunch break yesterday. Rang up correctly, no problem.

Just grabbed one of these, but have a slight update to make the deal a little nicer.
They put out super smash brothers pre-order cards this week. They have a $5 gift card advertised on the card that states if you pre-order AND buy the game you will get the $5 gift card. Don't see a time limitation on when you would have to buy it. Figured most will be buying this one when it releases anyway, so might as well get a gift card to go along with it

Just grabbed one of these, but have a slight update to make the deal a little nicer.
They put out super smash brothers pre-order cards this week. They have a $5 gift card advertised on the card that states if you pre-order AND buy the game you will get the $5 gift card. Don't see a time limitation on when you would have to buy it. Figured most will be buying this one when it releases anyway, so might as well get a gift card to go along with it
You have to pick up the pre-ordered game within 7 days of release...

All of the preorder cards have the $5 gift card if you buy the game. I think you need to buy it in the first week, but I'm not sure about that part.

Who would pre-order for a $5 gift card when Toys R Us will more than likely have a $10 gift card with it or BB with GCU discount...

Who would pre-order for a $5 gift card when Toys R Us will more than likely have a $10 gift card with it or BB with GCU discount...
Well, it does give you $20 off now on a fee different games, and if you plan on getting the game at target anyway $5 gift card is better than no gift card.

Thanks for the clarification on the 1 week pickup. This card was the only one at the store I saw with the gift card offer. Good to know for the future.

I don't think this works for 3DS games. Have you tried ?
I bought the 3ds lego game last night for just under $11. It worked easily enough. The cashier had no idea. She scanned the game first, then the pre order card. Computer did all the work. She was actually rather confused, I love when that happens.

I have intention of picking up the preordered game, but am I interpreting this correctly?
"The $1 Reservation Card purchase price is not valid as credit on purchase of the reserved game." Meaning I haven't paid a dollar towards the full price??

Yes, thats how I read it. So when you redeem the card you really only get a 4$ discount :)

I never got ACIV, so when I see this, I think "cool, ACIV for $10."

It is better than III, right?

...right?

Edit: Never mind, the in-store price is still $59.99. : /

I have intention of picking up the preordered game, but am I interpreting this correctly?
"The $1 Reservation Card purchase price is not valid as credit on purchase of the reserved game." Meaning I haven't paid a dollar towards the full price??
Ya. I think when they started the "$5 gift card for preorder" promotion, someone at a gaming site actually asked a Target rep, and they said that the $1 doesn't count towards the purchase. So you're actually buying the preorder card. Which is lame. But, hey, that fact might alleviate some of the guilt if anyone feels bad buying $1 preorders to get the deal with no intention of picking them up. Haha.

How strange. I just read my comment and realized I left out the "no". That is "I have NO intention of picking up the preordered game..." Whoops. Anyway, I recall the old days where you put down money, and it went towards the purchase price. The retailer would take down your name and phone number then call you when the item was available. None of this anonymous preorder stuff.

bread's done
Back