The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheFreeman']Wow, I had no idea these were releasing today. Came on to browse CAG saw the thread and managed to snag one a few seconds before they sold out.

Thanks guys!:applause:[/QUOTE]

probably cancelled orders.

[quote name='veronesepk']This might be their best litho yet - blows the last Normandy one out of the water (and it was pretty amazing).[/QUOTE]

Someone will have to correct me (I need to basically start ME2 again) but I assume that the normandy that was made earlier was the original from ME1 and the one pictured in Cerberus is the one they made for ME2? I didn't see the first litho either but I vaguely remember the first being accented with red instead of yellow.

[quote name='Brenex']Someone will have to correct me (I need to basically start ME2 again) but I assume that the normandy that was made earlier was the original from ME1 and the one pictured in Cerberus is the one they made for ME2? I didn't see the first litho either but I vaguely remember the first being accented with red instead of yellow.[/QUOTE]

You're right! It's the new Normandy.

[quote name='Brenex']Someone will have to correct me (I need to basically start ME2 again) but I assume that the normandy that was made earlier was the original from ME1 and the one pictured in Cerberus is the one they made for ME2? I didn't see the first litho either but I vaguely remember the first being accented with red instead of yellow.[/QUOTE]

I think you're half right-- I'm pretty sure the first normandy release also depicts the SR2, like this Cerberus one.

[quote name='convergecrew']I think you're half right-- I'm pretty sure the first normandy release also depicts the SR2, like this Cerberus one.[/QUOTE]

Well, from what I can tell, BOTH are the SR2...however, this new one is most likely from Mass Effect 3 since there was never a space station called TERA in the second game.

[quote name='Brenex']I guess that makes a tad bit more sense since these are all ME2 lithographs.[/QUOTE]

The latest lithograph is probably from Mass Effect 3 as that Cerberus base was in neither games.

Does anyone know if BioWare will hold a sale on Pragia or Purgatory? I would buy them if they were $15/20 each.

[quote name='HornyPony']The latest lithograph is probably from Mass Effect 3 as that Cerberus base was in neither games.

Does anyone know if BioWare will hold a sale on Pragia or Purgatory? I would buy them if they were $15/20 each.[/QUOTE]

They actually DID do a sale on both of them for $20 each about 3 weeks ago. I managed to get Blightlands and Pragia for $20 each that weekend.

[quote name='blahtastic']They actually DID do a sale on both of them for $20 each about 3 weeks ago. I managed to get Blightlands and Pragia for $20 each that weekend.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Well I guess since they did not sell out, there is always a chance they' ll be on sale...I want Pragia for $20!

Any good websites for frames to hang these up? I have no idea about the pricing of 18*24 frames...

[quote name='HornyPony']Damn. Well I guess since they did not sell out, there is always a chance they' ll be on sale...I want Pragia for $20!
Any good websites for frames to hang these up? I have no idea about the pricing of 18*24 frames...[/QUOTE]

I bought all of mines for about $10 for 18x24 frames at Michaels.

[quote name='veronesepk']I use framesbymail for anything oddly shaped - you can get a mat, black one inch frame, and plexi for 40 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='blahtastic']I bought all of mines for about $10 for 18x24 frames at Michaels.[/QUOTE]

Perfect, did not want to spend more then that on a frame. Thanks.

[quote name='blahtastic']I bought all of mines for about $10 for 18x24 frames at Michaels.[/QUOTE]

The only problem is that the Michaels ones, dont' have UV protection on the glass. This means your "valuable" lithograph can fade. I haven't found any cheap sources to get that though....

[quote name='convergecrew']I doubt these will resell for any more than double the orig. price.[/QUOTE]

Good! I'm sick and tired of people trying to profit from these.

People like me who will love and cheris these pieces of art don't even get the chance to buy one.

[quote name='convergecrew']I doubt these will resell for any more than double the orig. price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no. Even the most boring of the lithos regularly go for more than double the price (after they sell out). The better ones (Citadel, Normandy, Illusive Man) regularly go for 5x the price or more. I see this one pulling in the $250 range later.

[quote name='RedStep']Yeah, no. Even the most boring of the lithos regularly go for more than double the price (after they sell out). The better ones (Citadel, Normandy, Illusive Man) regularly go for 5x the price or more. I see this one pulling in the $250 range later.[/QUOTE]

I've got to agree - the distribution problems (no planned pre-sale) combined with the Normandy and the Mass Effect 3 vibe will push this one into the 250+ range. The previous Normandy one pulls that regularly, and this one is better.

[quote name='gamingdroid']The only problem is that the Michaels ones, dont' have UV protection on the glass. This means your "valuable" lithograph can fade. I haven't found any cheap sources to get that though....[/QUOTE]

http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/
Check them out. I think their prices are decent. I haven't ordered from them but others have.

What's the name of frames you got? Do you also have pictures? I bought these frames: http://www.michaels.com/Studio-Deco...ml?start=13&cgid=products-framing-studiodecor for my mini-lithos. Although they say they're 9x12 or 12x18, my lithos didn't fit. The frames look great but are literally 1-2mm too short and too narrow.

[quote name='Donkey132']gotta be kidding...I didn't check CAG for a couple days and I missed out again :([/QUOTE]

Yea a lot of members on the bioware social site are up in a tizzy because there was no way of knowing when these would be up for sale. They promise that the second batch of 250 of the total 500 will be planned ahead in advance.

[quote name='RedStep']Yeah, no. Even the most boring of the lithos regularly go for more than double the price (after they sell out). The better ones (Citadel, Normandy, Illusive Man) regularly go for 5x the price or more. I see this one pulling in the $250 range later.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. Interesting.... The reason I say this is I checked eBay and there's a Tali there for only $225 buy it now, and she's got to be one of the most popular ones out.

Anyways I've got mine ordered and cant wait to put it on the wall with my other 4 me2 lithos. I've seen a few character lithos sell on eBay for less than 80 recently, but maybe that's because the Mass Effect choo-choo hasn't hit full steam yet.

Some lithos are just not desired at all. Korlus is one of them. Tons of em up on ebay and nobody wants them.

I have one and I think it's pretty cool.

[quote name='blahtastic']I use Trendsetters for some of my bigger ones and Styleline for the cheaper/smaller ones.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at those ones. Can you tell me if they look similar to the frames I used to use? These are the frames I had to return b/c they're too small (although it doesn't show on camera).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was just looking over the e-mail confirmation from my order and right under the item listings is a Dragon Age 2 code for the "Antivan Garrote." I'm not sure if these codes are still good but they're selling for a decent amount on eBay, about $20. If anybody is still on the fence about buying this, you could sell the code for a makeshift 50% off promo.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']wow this is an old topic >.>[/QUOTE]

No it's not. They just put up new ones Friday, and w will put up 250 more at a later date.

[quote name='ssjmichael']nice, though it's actually more than the Illusive Man litho itself, lol[/QUOTE]

Illusive Man pulls 300+, the mini litho is cheap though.

[quote name='veronesepk']Illusive Man pulls 300+, the mini litho is cheap though.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about at retail. The illusive man was sold for $29.99 plus $6 shipping. I'm assuming that's how much he paid too.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm talking about at retail. The illusive man was sold for $29.99 plus $6 shipping. I'm assuming that's how much he paid too.[/QUOTE]

And Action Comics #1 cost a dime back when it was published. I think you'd probably drop $50 on a frame for that one if you had it ;)

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm talking about at retail. The illusive man was sold for $29.99 plus $6 shipping. I'm assuming that's how much he paid too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought it retail. A $50 frame for litho of value $300 (and rising) isn't such a crazy deal though.

Do you really think the value of these are still rising or at their peak? I bought a Citadel when they first came out with a small gouge on it's edge. I offered to return it and instead they sent me a free Illusive Man (which I already have one of). Was thinking of eBaying it, but not sure if I should sit on it a while.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Do you really think the value of these are still rising or at their peak? I bought a Citadel when they first came out with a small gouge on it's edge. I offered to return it and instead they sent me a free Illusive Man (which I already have one of). Was thinking of eBaying it, but not sure if I should sit on it a while.[/QUOTE]

I would wait closer to ME3 to be honest. It sort of depends upon how much of the Illusive Man is in it. (which I suspect will be on par with his time in ME2.)

I think the value for things like the Citadel and Illusive man will rise once Mass Effect 3 comes out given their involvement in the games (and books and possibly the movie?).

Character lithos like Grunt and Thane will probably go down in value since I doubt they will even be in the third game.

Why would you use the retail value to determine what frame you buy? That makes absolutely no sense o_O.

Signed lithos rarely go down in value. It might me harder to find a buyer but in some certain cases the ol' supply-demand doesn't apply. For example, if you carry a bar of gold to a desert town. It might be very hard to find a buyer for that bar of gold but it sure will keep the same (or a similar value) won't it?
Best analogy I can think of ATM lol.

I bought two and have one up on ebay now ($174.99 or best offer....this is how I fund my gaming) and I really do believe that we'll get more for these closer to when ME3 comes out.

A) this is one of the nicest images released
B) it's coming out "under the radar" and it'll come and go while most people aren't paying attention to ME

If mine sells now, fine. If not, I'll hold onto it until the fall.

[quote name='TheFreeman']Though it is a little expensive, for $50 shipped you can have a non-glare, UV protected, acid-free, brushed aluminum frame.

This looks absolutely stunning with my Illusive Man Litho

http://cgi.ebay.com/18-x-24-PREMIUM...280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588783f970[/QUOTE]

Ooh, that is really nice. Just curious but how thick is it? And how you take it out? Does it have clips on the back to insert the image or is it one of the ones with the sliding frames?

[quote name='blahtastic']Ooh, that is really nice. Just curious but how thick is it? And how you take it out? Does it have clips on the back to insert the image or is it one of the ones with the sliding frames?[/QUOTE]

It's about 3/4 inch wide on the face and 1/2 inch deep around the sides.

The frame is 4 metal pieces held together with screw joints. I think I had to remove 2 sides of the frame, lay the poster between the screen (some type of plastic) and the foamboard backing, and then place that back into the frame and screw it back together. After that it comes with some pressure clips to wedge between the frame and the poster board to keep everything tight.

Also, all mounting hardware was included.

Bioware will be releasing the remainder of the Cerberus lithographs on Friday, April 29th.

One half will be released at 10am MST, with the rest released at 5pm MST.

bread's done
Back