The Little Mermaid Platinum Edition Steelbook (Canadian thing)

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So, there was a Canada-exclusive Steelbook edition of The Little Mermaid Platinum Edition, only available at Futureshop. I can't friggin find it anywhere.

If anyone knows where I could track one down, or even a lead, I'd love you long time.

New or used, with or without the actual DVDs. Whatever, I just really want the case, please.

Pic:
1161718703796113001ty5.jpg

[quote name='ShaneFalco']what if that is a bootleg and somebody made that up?[/QUOTE]
Uh, no. It definitely exists. I've talked to people who actually bought it, but who unfortunately won't sell...

I know somebody with one of these. They bought it on ebay for their disney collection and paid a small fortune for it. Pretty rare item. Free bump.

[quote name='raregamergirl']I know somebody with one of these. They bought it on ebay for their disney collection and paid a small fortune for it. Pretty rare item. Free bump.[/QUOTE]
It actually sold for $10 on ebay once, buy it now.

Someone halp I really want it. D:

Maybe I should move to Germany, cause they get all the steelbooks over there...

[quote name='Kerig']Slightly OT: The golden-penis-cover VHS version used to sell for $100 used...[/QUOTE]

A factoid which still blows my mind... I've yet to meet someone whose VHS copy of that movie wasn't the Penis cover version- it boggles my mind to think they were actually rare at any point.

Good luck finding that steelbook, most futureshops got in like 3 or 4 of em and were sold out in minutes. This is one of the hardest Futureshop steelbooks to track down

[quote name='DuelLadyS']A factoid which still blows my mind... I've yet to meet someone whose VHS copy of that movie wasn't the Penis cover version- it boggles my mind to think they were actually rare at any point.[/quote]

That is because it is a myth. Yes ONE of the pillars appears to be a penis (or phallus of sorts), but contrary to popular belief and Disney Myth...there was no angry artist who was fired (or what not) and drew that on in retaliation. One it just flat out never happened and two Disney would never let that slip through unnoticed.

Mike (DISNEY mythbuster)

i'll believe the myth more lol, they sure enough were quick to change the cover ever since that got brought up hehe.

anyone remember the roger rabbit edit they did? heh

bread's done
Back