The "LOL Walmart!" Thread

When the Blockbuster in my old town went out of business, they were selling those placeholders for a nickel a piece. I bought $1 worth of a bunch of 360 games I owned, mainly for the one Left 4 Dead 2 they had. I was gonna buy just it, but got the others because they had a ton and a sign above that said "Great for Target Practice!" The cashier offered me a bulk deal on all of them, but I passed.

Also, I remember a few years back I wanna say Christmas 08 or 09, they had a littl display set out of N64 games for $40. All were sports, except Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3. My sister picked it up for me for my Christmas gift, lol.
I have a huge stack of those, both games and movies. We were going to do a collage on the wall of my office with them (cutting out characters, etc), but never got around to it.

Found a copy of Journey Collectors Edition that wouldn't ring up.  Tried to take it to an employee to get a price and was told "Sorry we cant sell it, it's out of the system"  even when I offered to look up a price on their website or etc. I was denied.  Oh well...

You guys must have some sort of twilight zone vortex walmarts cause I can never find anything this funny at my walmart.

This was at Sam's Club but since Walmart owns then I guess it counts

Just Dance 2014 Wii U, $37 for the resealed returned copy or $24.81 for the brand new game.

They also had a 3 Pack of Skylander figures reduced from $21.98 to $15 with 1 figure missing that I didn't get a picture of.

^ Figures.

My Wal-Mart does that too. Restocks returns. Really nice...

On a side note, found Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for $9.99 at my local one. Couldn't believe it. Took a screenshot on my phone.

Sam's Club again.

New Call of Duty Ghosts 360 for $14.81 or $40 for an opened non sealed version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pick up a game guide for alien colonial marines and WWE 2K14 for 50 cents each.  Was not going to get a guide for these games but for 50 cents I decided to get it.  the original price was 20$ for each.  What was funny is that they had more of the books on reduced price but at 5$ I just happened to find the cheaper ones.  The WWE book was still in the plastic wrap, as well.

Just found a bunch of street fighter alpha anthology ps2 copies out of system. Didn't bother trying to buy any.

Got a copy of nsmb u plus nsl u for $5 though

While Wal-Mart can have terrible deals from time to time, I tend to find at least a few really awesome things there each year. Yesterday I found two (!) brand new Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword controller bundles at $69.99 each. How is that possible!? I found multiple copies of Heart Gold and Soul Silver there last year so this isn't exactly surprising, but still.

BmCAs3j.jpg

Found this the other day in WV

Ah, Walmart. Never gives us a good deal without a fight. Yesterday I found a price tag for Skylanders Giants Starter Pack 360 for $15 dollars on clearance. One on the shelf. I immediately thought it was a mistake and that it was instead meant for the worthless portal owners pack. Sure enough a trip to the price scanners told me I was right. $49.96 down from $49.99. Walmart, oh you! I went looking for another one and found it with the non-clearanced Skylanders. Took them both to the cashier and feigned ignorance when it rang up for $100 total. Took her to the price tag. She examined the whole thing and as it turns out, even the UPC matched the thing I was buying. Looks like someone took all the information of the Starter Pack but put the price of the Portal Owners Pack there. Neither the cashier nor the manager gave me any trouble after that. Walked out with two Starter Packs for $32 total after tax.

Another example of clearance at my local Walmart. Notice there isn't a "was price" since the clearance price is $0.03 off the original MSRP (or I guess Walmart's regular full price).[attachment=13517:disneyinfinitywalmart2.jpg]

I quickly looked through the game area at my local store. I didn't want to start taking pictures with a worker right there so I'll have to try again next time and only got 1 picture. Here is another example of how bad my local Walmart is. A Skylanders Portal Owners Pack on clearance for full price. It was $10 - $15 at Target and just over $15 on Amazon.
I just saw a Skylanders Spyro's Adventures (the first one) PS3 Starter Pack for $80 on the clearance endcap. What a joke.

On the flip side Wal-Mart actually seems like a pretty good place to find hard-to-find or OOP games because they rarely lower prices. I believe they are the last place to find titles such as Pikmin 3 and Zelda:OOT 3D.

Checking out a Walmart I had never been to in Pinellas Park, FL I came across these for $50 each.

uqlpH7dm.jpg

From what I understand, servers were shut down in September 2010 so basically $50 coasters as I dont imagine these discs would grant you access to APB reloaded which is made by someone else.

Amazing Wal-Mart clearance bin games. Any of these prime games can be had for $15. What is this 2005?

med_gallery_354731_8409_66659.jpg
I saw a strategy guide for The Movies (an old PC game) at mine once on clearance a few years ago. Best was an old NCAA game for the PS1.

shouldve taken a pic....but today when looking for blank CD-Rs I saw what next to them you ask?

blank recordable VHS tapes...5 for 14.95, had a shelf tag label and everything....so tempted to buy it just for LOLz but couldnt.

blank recordable VHS tapes...5 for 14.95, had a shelf tag label and everything....so tempted to buy it just for LOLz but couldnt.
Surprisingly they're still super popular. I worked in an office store recently and we got at least one phone call a week asking for them and sold through shipments within a couple days.

I don't think VHS is as dead as a lot of people assume. I used to work at Half Price Books and people would still come in on the regular and buy stacks of VHS tapes. As for blank tapes, keep in mind there's still a lot of security systems that require them, as just one instance.

I don't think VHS is as dead as a lot of people assume. I used to work at Half Price Books and people would still come in on the regular and buy stacks of VHS tapes. As for blank tapes, keep in mind there's still a lot of security systems that require them, as just one instance.
wouldnt shock me...Im just shocked wal mart has them.

that said I finally replaced my broken CD player in the car and was shocked to learn the new one didnt come with a cassette player because yes I am one of those people that uses cassettes lol. I swear there is no logic to my technology skills....Im extremely computer literate but despise iphones and still rock the cassettes. its insanity.

in fact I know if I had a VHS player where I am, I'd use it.

I was lucky enough to get a combination VHS and DVD recorder, designed to transfer home movies from one format to the other. It was left outside the local thrift store, and I was given permission to take it. I'm not using it right now but I suspect it'll get a workout during the winter months.

My Walmart finally started to really try to clearance and I found the anti-LOL today.  4x Heroscape Blackmoon's Siege Dividers and Defenders expansion sets for $1/ea. One is crushed pretty badly, but still sealed and the contents are fine.

After looking, the only one listed on ebay in the past month sold for $50, and that was just for the loose figures - none available on Amazon.  

My Walmart finally started to really try to clearance and I found the anti-LOL today. 4x Heroscape Blackmoon's Siege Dividers and Defenders expansion sets for $1/ea. One is crushed pretty badly, but still sealed and the contents are fine.

After looking, the only one listed on ebay in the past month sold for $50, and that was just for the loose figures - none available on Amazon.
Heroscape? This isn't the game that those smelly kids with warhammer T-shirts were playing inside the local comic book store last week was it? If the runts are gullible enough to pay you $50 for something you picked up for $1, then by all means let them make you some profit.

fucking A, Walmart...

A few weeks ago, they had an Oster Versa 1400 blender ($250) in the clearance section, not priced.  I took it up front and it rang up full price.  I paid for for my other stuff and left.  Tonight, the blender is back with a $50 (Originally $250) price tag on it.  I took it up front and it rang up "Sale not allowed."  The manager comes over, says it's been recalled, grabs it and runs off.  

The funny thing is, Walmart.com still has it for sale (at $189 clearance) as well as the manufacturer, so it's clearly not recalled.  I just think it's fuck ed up that just a few weeks ago, at regular price, it's sellable, but once they knock $200 off the price it can't be sold.

We asked the manager after we paid for the rest of our stuff and she said once it's marked in the system, it cannot be overridden. 

so is there an actual reason for wal marts erratic pricing with these electronics? you know anything that determines why a random madden 2005 could be 60 dollars yet and xbox one game might be 10 dollars? or do wal mart executives just determine sale prices via dice rolls?

so is there an actual reason for wal marts erratic pricing with these electronics? you know anything that determines why a random madden 2005 could be 60 dollars yet and xbox one game might be 10 dollars? or do wal mart executives just determine sale prices via dice rolls?
In the past the only drops you'd usually see were MSRP drops or YMMV local clearance markdowns done by the manager of that store.

Recently they seem to be marking down stuff chain wide more and more.

Cape Girardeau, MO location had carts of random crap by the home entrance. One had some crappy PS2 signing games in it. I was going to take a picture but I didn't want to be caught looking through that junk.

"Missouri is #1 flyover state" - Jabroni Times

bread's done
Back