The Lord of the Rings: Trilogy Extended Editions - $39.99 Amazon

Finally caved and bought a copy, the whole green filter thing has turned me off to it for a while but I really want it ugh.

[quote name='iwannadie']Finally caved and bought a copy, the whole green filter thing has turned me off to it for a while but I really want it ugh.[/QUOTE]

Explain.

Damn, do want. But after getting the theatrical trilogy on blu for $7 last year from Target for Black Friday (and the Best Buy steelbooks for $5 each during the last upgrade and save), it's very hard to justify. I should just check to see if the steelbooks have the accidental EE version and hold out for this to be even cheaper during some Hobbit tie in promo...

If the extra material on the boxed set wasn't SD, I would have been much more inclined to buy the set, even with the green tint. I caved in and bought the separate EE BluRay discs at Target since they included $5 movie cash for The Hobbit. I figured I could live with the green tint on FotR since it was on sale for $10. If I really want to watch the extras, I can always watch my DVDs...

[quote name='doodmandood']Explain.[/QUOTE]
- Fellowship of the Ring has a noticeable green tint throughout the entire movie. IMO, it looks terrible. But the fact is that most people don't even bother to calibrate their TV, so they most likely won't notice or care how it looks.

BluRay & Theatrical

Theatrical
i-LjnGQPm-XL.jpg

BluRay
i-QbhMqnx-XL.jpg

Two Towers and Return of the King are fine.

Holy crap. I had heard about the green tint but never bothered to look up any screenshots because I figured it was just a few video-philes whining over something the majority of us wouldn't notice anyway. But that is a pretty big difference.

[quote name='ssjmichael']There is no fixed version out there. I've heard that often lately too, not sure where people got that idea from[/QUOTE]
- Probably from the same people who don't see the green tint issue... with their sets in Dynamic or Vivid mode.

I just watched a few specific scenes of the new EE "single" release of FotR. The green tint is still present. It looks exactly the same as the boxed set I looked at previously.

[quote name='zillionandnine']Holy crap. I had heard about the green tint but never bothered to look up any screenshots because I figured it was just a few video-philes whining over something the majority of us wouldn't notice anyway. But that is a pretty big difference.[/QUOTE]
- The problem is that a lot of people never bother to calibrate their TV sets, so the problem is not as noticeable. Their colors are wrong to begin with...

Yeah I guess. It is something that looks way worse in direct comparison to the non-green one so that may have something to do with it too. This was more than likely a deliberate artistic decision by people involved, possibly including Jackson himself. It just doesn't make sense though since it's only been applied to one of the movies and not other 2 (thank god). The last movie even has flashbacks to scenes from Fellowship that don't show the green tint, which makes it seem sloppy if done intentionally.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This was more than likely a deliberate artistic decision by people involved, possibly including Jackson himself. It just doesn't make sense though since it's only been applied to one of the movies and not other 2 (thank god).[/QUOTE]
- The most popular theory is that the color grading was supposed to only be applied to specific scenes. It seems like whomever was in charge of applying the changes did it to the entire movie. Even the movie title and credits are tinted green.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The last movie even has flashbacks to scenes from Fellowship that don't show the green tint, which makes it seem sloppy if done intentionally.[/QUOTE]
- That's one of my biggest gripes of the whole situation. It's especially vexing since they went to great lengths to make sure that the color of the hobbit's shirts matched the description in the books.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Is that an error or something[/QUOTE]
Picture different than title
LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING LIMITED EDITION (BLue-Ray, WS, PG-13, EXT)

[quote name='Blaster man']Picture different than title
LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING LIMITED EDITION (BLue-Ray, WS, PG-13, EXT) [/QUOTE]
interesting.

Buy It and Screen shot the site
Get ROTK EE Blu Ray in Mail
Call and Complain you thought it was the EE Boxset based on Picture
??
Profit

Considering you can't order online, that's kind of impossible. But besides that fact, how about we try and not rip companies off..

This is what the cover is supposed to look like btw. These are merely the Extended edition movies only no extra DVD discs. They're all $10 each in store and come with $5 Hobbit movie money

03AA73D5-F714-4899-8BA4-1267B5DC2077-6175-00000A5BC619BC79.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']Considering you can't order online, that's kind of impossible. But besides that fact, how about we try and not rip companies off..

This is what the cover is supposed to look like btw. These are merely the Extended edition movies only no extra DVD discs. They're all $10 each in store and come with $5 Hobbit movie money

03AA73D5-F714-4899-8BA4-1267B5DC2077-6175-00000A5BC619BC79.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Might as well just buy the whole set for $40 from Amaozn now. I got mine in the mail yesterday. Nice little set.

[quote name='Travman93']Picked mine up from Best Buy for the same price. I couldn't pass up $40 for the big box set.[/QUOTE]

That's why I did it, $13 a movie so it's only $3 extra per movie plus you get loads of extras including DVD copies. Time to get rid of the old DVD copies.

bread's done
Back