The MangoKnife Prefers PS3 over 360 because it uses Less Power, OTT.

I played the shit out of the KZ beta yesterday. DM is fun, objective modes get a little hectic. It's got some unique aspects for a FPS. My favorite part is hearing people complain that there is only one map for the beta.

Went to the record store. Finally picked up In Rainbows and found an original Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers's Damn the Torpedoes for $6 which still had the original plastic and price sticker (Mfg List $8.99).

I remember he did an interview on NPR a couple months back for his book. I'm surprised he didn't write his book earlier with all the crazy shit he has done.

I get physically ill just seeing Scrubs on my tv.

Casey - thanks for the info. Definitely will check out the American version and skip the book. That's just too many pages for me right now .. especially since I have to finish up Ice and Fire before the HBO series starts.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Can't...stop...playing...[/QUOTE]

Same. Now I have a really irritated patch of dry skin on mine. I put lotion on it, but then I play again.

tears.

:wave:

Just got off work. Really need to finish setting up this mafia game so we can hopefully start it up tonight.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I use the marksman class (I think that is it, the one with cloak and scrambler) with the STA52 as my primary and the shotgun pistol as my backup. I also have been using frag and armor as my other attributes.

The only mode I have been playing so far is death match and that class works really well for that mode. I have been using my unlock points to also build up my medic class since I probably will be using that one a lot in the other modes once I get enough shit together. I really want to get my bearing down before I try a team mode. I also want to be playing with people I trust before I start relying on others for wins. It took me like an hour and a half to two hours before I finally put enough shit together where I win most of the time in TDM. I don't want to go back to losing constantly again.[/QUOTE]

I'm ion dya foru and I STILl can't get ina server.

This mornign I got far enough where it asked me what region I wanted to be in. I picked the united states, and then it locked up on me.

Finally went out and got a good monitor at Best Buy. It's very nice so far and a lot bigger than the monitor that I had before, which was 19".

It was raining all day and on the way to Best Buy, but was snowing heavily when I got out. Luckily, the roads were mostly covered in snow and weren't bad on the way back, though traffic wasn't that good.

I played a bunch of Killzone 3 last night and have been sticking to medic. I've rarely seen other medics, so I get the free 50 XP for revivals and 100 XP at the end of the match for reviving the most people.

I have never before had a power cord wear out on me, and this lovely little device has decided, after 9 months of use, to point at me and laugh, in the form of making me spend approximately 1 hour repeatedly adjusting the cable position on the floor to allow power to reach my laptop. for the past month, I have only been able to recharge my laptop at home. However I recently made the colossal mistake of coming in contact with he power cord while working. This appears to have angered the computing gods, and as such I have been unable to get any delicious electricity to my starving laptop. 1 out of 5 is praise considering what this product should be rated, especially if you take into account all the other reviews of Toshiba power cords dying after only a few months of use.

:rofl:

Being watching a bunch of The Oblongs today and Billy West does a ton of voices for that show. It's almost on a level similar to Futurama, but he only does every other side character.

I hope you 'rented lots of good stuff.
coolo.gif

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

My sister has a Toshiba. She used to have a Toshiba power adapter as well. She now uses rocketfish iirc. Such an awesome adapter (since they come with a thousand different tips).

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Since when does it cost $6 to rent a movie on XBL? That's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I think renting a movies on XBL is worse. As well as PPV, but that's just me.

Hello, OTT.

[quote name='JStryke']My sister has a Toshiba. She used to have a Toshiba power adapter as well. She now uses rocketfish iirc. Such an awesome adapter (since they come with a thousand different tips).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will keep that in mind. :)

Saw the King's Speech this afternoon with my Dad. The acting was so good, it was truly cringeworthy when he tried to give a speech.

I can also relate to him not wanting to face change, become king, and take responsibility

I still haven't decided if I want to go to a pinball tournament tomorrow or not. There probably won't be much of a turnout because of the super bowl, and I'm trying to save money this month.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Thanks, will keep that in mind. :)[/QUOTE]

The adapter comes with something like 20 or so tips. If you don't go for the car adapter as well, I think it's something like $80 or $90. But the nice thing is, you get one free tip (or least, I guess they still do that), and each additional tip you need to replace only costs maybe $3 or $4, so you save money in the long run. And it works with the majority of laptops as well.

[quote name='2DMention']Saw the King's Speech this afternoon with my Dad. The acting was so good[/QUOTE]

Geoffrey Rush is the best mang. I love everything he does. He was amazing in Quills and Shine. I highly recommend both.

I am so fucking excited for today. First up the glorious Reds of Liverpool v Chelsea and then the mighty Packers v Steelers. What a day.

I would like to buy KZ3 when it comes out, but all these server issues really worry me. At least they got the hit detection right so far.

I've got a $25 rz cert for BB and was thinking of using it on KZ3 if the beta was good. I do like the core gameplay so far; the choosing classes from the start and unlocking perks is the way it should have been in KZ2; not that bullshit (hit level 10 before you can even select medic bullshit).

However, I'm with you -- I didn't decide to play last night, but was informed that if I had tried, I most likely wouldn't have been able to connect.

I would rather them have issues now than when the game comes out.

I do wish that I hadn't unlocked the scrambler perk on my marksmen class. I know better that to do that when it comes out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finally went out and got a good monitor at Best Buy. It's very nice so far and a lot bigger than the monitor that I had before, which was 19".

It was raining all day and on the way to Best Buy, but was snowing heavily when I got out. Luckily, the roads were mostly covered in snow and weren't bad on the way back, though traffic wasn't that good.

I played a bunch of Killzone 3 last night and have been sticking to medic. I've rarely seen other medics, so I get the free 50 XP for revivals and 100 XP at the end of the match for reviving the most people.[/QUOTE]

I have the exact same monitor, and it is amazing!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I've got a $25 rz cert for BB and was thinking of using it on KZ3 if the beta was good. I do like the core gameplay so far; the choosing classes from the start and unlocking perks is the way it should have been in KZ2; not that bullshit (hit level 10 before you can even select medic bullshit).[/QUOTE]MAN, I HATE THAT. I want my AK in black ops, but I have to play for several more hours? Noooo. :\

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I would rather them have issues now than when the game comes out.

I do wish that I hadn't unlocked the scrambler perk on my marksmen class. I know better that to do that when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I'm not sure I should've bothered with scrambler either. The worst thing I had happen to me so far with classes and unlocks is that I wasn't totally paying attention with my 2nd unlock point and didn't notice that the unlock menu takes you to the engineer page by default. So I ended up thinking my pistol unlock had sort of reverted and ended up unlocking pistol for engineer class even though I don't use it. I'd have already had level 2 cloak for marksman if it were not for that snafu. :|

Yea! I finally got into the killzone multiplayer.

Engineers were good in the last killzone. Now they're awful. Their turrents NEVER get a kill.

Also, the bodycount mode levels are too small. You spawn right nesxt to the enemy.

But warzone is where it's at.

Now I know to ignore engineer when the game comes out. I am still liking the tactician. They have good firepower, rack up a lot of points, capturing is essential to the team success, and you can grab mortar as soon as you cap.

I can see that infiltratopr and sniper will probably bst for bodycount. Haven't played medic yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Very true. I'm not sure I should've bothered with scrambler either. The worst thing I had happen to me so far with classes and unlocks is that I wasn't totally paying attention with my 2nd unlock point and didn't notice that the unlock menu takes you to the engineer page by default. So I ended up thinking my pistol unlock had sort of reverted and ended up unlocking pistol for engineer class even though I don't use it. I'd have already had level 2 cloak for marksman if it were not for that snafu. :|[/QUOTE]

Scrambler just gives away your position too easily and ruins cloak. I play bot mode and the STA 52 rifle that the infiltrator has is really nice. I might have to switch to that at some point. I love the burst with that gun since the only knock I have on the marksman's version is that I end up spraying and praying too much because I haven't gotten 100 percent used to strafing and shooting.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Why aren't you still playing whatever you couldn't stop playing?[/QUOTE]

I just got done playing three hours of it man! I stayed up until 5 a.m. last night again.

Reminds me of my Tecmo's Deception days.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Very true. I'm not sure I should've bothered with scrambler either. The worst thing I had happen to me so far with classes and unlocks is that I wasn't totally paying attention with my 2nd unlock point and didn't notice that the unlock menu takes you to the engineer page by default. So I ended up thinking my pistol unlock had sort of reverted and ended up unlocking pistol for engineer class even though I don't use it. I'd have already had level 2 cloak for marksman if it were not for that snafu. :|[/QUOTE]

I did that initially too. That's what you get for just mashing buttons to get to the next screen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My (half) sister's grandpa died recently and they had his viewing today. She hasn't seen that side of her family in like 10 years, so it was super awkward. It didn't help that we were standing there looking at her dead g-pa in his casket and she said, ".....*sigh*...he's dead...."

Dumb question : we've got an HDTV here at the store that plays whatever DVD we're showing. No cable here in the store, but if i make a quick run to Target, will a regular pair of rabbit ears allow me to pick up Fox OTA to watch the game?

[quote name='JJSP']Dumb question : we've got an HDTV here at the store that plays whatever DVD we're showing. No cable here in the store, but if i make a quick run to Target, will a regular pair of rabbit ears allow me to pick up Fox OTA to watch the game?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']CAsey, are you on my friends list. We'll have to play Killzone somtime. If I can ever get in again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am. I saw you play DS2 the other day.

bread's done
Back