The military thread

Another update if anyone cares: I'll be taking the AirForce TBAS this weds. It's the replacement for the BAT that pilot prospects used to have to take.

I hear it's not hard, but there's a lot going on at once you have to process. Hopefully I'll do all right.

I'm in the navy and stuck in SC... I'm really glad I enlisted though. ET3 and waiting to continue my training at NNPTC.

Officially out of the Navy! Glad to be out, but very happy with what the military gave me. Got to live in Europe for a few years, met my wife, education, and the experience with dealing with good people and complete assholes.

[quote name='taiidanx']I'm in the navy and stuck in SC... I'm really glad I enlisted though. ET3 and waiting to continue my training at NNPTC.[/QUOTE]
reserve your judgement until youve atleast been to the fleet.
good luck. if you come to san diego pm me.

[quote name='homeland']Officially out of the Navy! Glad to be out, but very happy with what the military gave me. Got to live in Europe for a few years, met my wife, education, and the experience with dealing with good people and complete assholes.[/QUOTE]

as much as i dislike the navy, im 99% reenlisting after the new year.
Ive met some awesome people, unfortunately theyre few and far between.
good luck as a mister.

[quote name='homeland']Paz9x what's your rate?[/QUOTE]

fc im a ciws tech

Last edited by a moderator:
Did my interview with a Wright Pat flight commander. Nice guy, seemed to like me....but it would've all been fake. I have everything ready to submit to the OTS selection board with my two choices (rated) as Navigator(CSO) and Pilot.

Now, it's about waiting.

Man this new position is a joint one. Looks like I will be supervising a Navy dude. Also some young South Koreans in the office but I dunno my role with them

I've been in the navy for 2 and a half years. I can't say I regret it because I've been to a lot of cool places, but I wish I had chosen a different rate when I joined. Currently I'm in Great Lakes going to elevator school, and I'm going back to San Diego when I get done here.

bread's done
Back