The Mole Season 5 - Official Thread - Mondays @ 10PM on ABC

That black guy also quit the clothing challenge, i'm telling you it's that $$$$a.

Been callin' it since episode 1.

[quote name='Rocko']But if Mark were the mole he would've taken the taxi in episode 2 to get up the mountain.[/QUOTE]

Touche.

I'm surprise the girls didn't quit the clothing challenge because of all the things that were being said to them.

Anybody else bothered at least somewhat by the last remaining ladies incessent racial comments? She said something along the lines of "Clay and me are the only black people left, and I gotta stick with my brother." Seriously, if a white person said that, what would happen? Maybe it's just me, but that really bothered me.

On another note, no idea who the mole is still...it just doesn't seem like there is anyone with a steady stream of sabotaging. They are all doing a bit here and there to keep other people guessing. Great season so far I think.

I'm still going with my early hunch of Mark = The Mole. Although he has been a big help on several of the tasks.

Once Clay went way way above and beyond to crack the code and pull that last number out of thin air I would have been shocked if he was the one. (And then he went home anyway.)

Didn't Anderson Cooper always use to say something like "You have $245,000 in the bank out of a possible $680,000" to kind of stick it to them? That was always funny and new guy isn't doing it. :shrug:

Hmm after Paul talking about how Mark always plays to win the money I had a twinge of doubt on my mole pick, but I'm sticking with Mark since he was my boy from episode 1.

This season definitely wasn't as interesting as the original ones for me for whatever reason. :shrug:

I'm going with Mark or the Fat guy. If it's Nicole I'll be VERY surprised. I just don't see them letting the mole say some of the stuff she has. But then again what do I know.

Nicole seems so over-the-top to be the Mole, but at the same time she told her mom she was going to go home and decided she "couldn't throw the quiz". It just doesn't seem like it would be Mark, he has been putting as much money in the pot as he could. It has to be fat guy or Nicole, my money on Nicole.

From the beginning I thought it was Alex (that was the musician's name, right?) or Clay. Clearly those picks didn't work out.

I would be absolutely floored if Mark was the mole. Between Nicole and Craig, I think it's Nicole. Partly because she's done mole-ish things, partly because she's a bitch and I hate her, and partly because I like Craig and want him to win the money.

The finale is tonight. Who everyone's betting on now?

My guess is still Nicole. She was my pick since she refused to sleep outside in the first episode. If it's Mark, then he played a very good game.

As I stated in this thread after the first episode, I still believe Craig is the mole, but I now would not be surprised if it was Mark or Nicole. That's what makes this a good show.

I wonder how good a season of this show would be if they let the viewers know who the mole was right away. It might be interesting to see how the mole keeps money out of the pot for each challenge.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']My bet:
Craig is the mole
Mark is the winner
Nicole is still a bitch[/quote]
my bet as well...I hope. As others have said, as long as Nicole doesn't win, I'll be happy :)

[quote name='Michael Scott']my bet as well...I hope. As others have said, as long as Nicole doesn't win, I'll be happy :)[/QUOTE]

You and me are thinking the same way. I don't want Nicole to win or be mole. I doubt the winner or the mole will get any more TV appearances (Letterman, Leno, Etc) but if they do I don't want to see Nicole on TV anymore.

I actually like Nicole now. I think she was playing a character the entire show, even busting the hosts' balls. I think she's the Mole and is just so into her character that she's too over the top to be considered the Mole. The first season it was the little mousy girl nobody expected.

Craig could be just because he makes minor mistakes (or subtly breaks rules) that cost the entire mission. While Mark could hide behind the cover of wanting to put money in the pot but during those complex question challenges he rails off answers as if he's been given to them by the show's producers. The Mole is supposed to sabotage missions, so Mark is pretty much the least likely to be the Mole. Although him not taking that one exemption and doing fine on the quizes even without his notebook are enough to convince me he could still be the Mole, because the Mole would be safe in either situation.

Meh, there's no real drama with who the Mole turned out to be. The clues were a little too complex though. Half that shit wouldn't even be visible in standard definition. The show gets lazier every season. The final challenge in the first season (where three people were locked in separate hotel rooms) was 100x better than the clock puzzle. I think the whole first season in on Youtube, people should check it out.

I hereby present the greatest Mole moment ever, from seasn 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQjvSaqvEe4

I like the real clues, like "CRG" and his laugh at dinner. The ones like the latitude of Craig's hometown are just stupid.

[quote name='Rocko']I like the real clues, like "CRG" and his laugh at dinner. The ones like the latitude of Craig's hometown are just stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those clues in the opening credits were bullshit. I don't have cable so I use rabbit ears. The picture isn't that bad usually but I couldn't see any of those clues. The "CRG" and "four eyes" were good. I'm not sure if was meant to be a clue or not but my big reasoning behind placing Craig as the mole was during the final challenge for the mole's docea (sp?) when Mark said that Craig has been wanting to go to the bridge since the beginning of the game.

I wonder how the game would have turned out if Mark lost early, Nicole did throw the quiz, or New Yorker beat Nicole. But Mark does deserve to win.

[quote name='Quintessence']For some strange reason I think Craig is the Mole, although if I had to second guess myself I say that it is Mark.[/quote]

Hooray for me not second guessing myself!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Meh, there's no real drama with who the Mole turned out to be. The clues were a little too complex though. Half that shit wouldn't even be visible in standard definition. The show gets lazier every season. The final challenge in the first season (where three people were locked in separate hotel rooms) was 100x better than the clock puzzle. I think the whole first season in on Youtube, people should check it out.[/quote]

I'm glad we even got a new season of the Mole. I was incredibly surprised when I saw the promos for it at the beginning of the summer. It is such a great show even if it isn't up to the standards of the previous seasons (Celebrity Mole excluded - even though I enjoyed those as well, if not just for Corbin).

My wife and I were leaning towards Craig for a while although I flip-flopped a lot more than she did. I'm glad the way it all worked out. I would have been pissed if Nicole had won or if she had been the Mole.

Here's to hoping for another season.

[quote name='Rocko']I wonder how much money the mole gets. :whistle2:k

The clues hidden in the opening sequence were shitty. :/[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched the part with the clues yet, but they are always shitty.

I would have been very surprised if Nicole were the mole just because she was so abrasive in the first episode. Seems like the real mole wouldn't do anything so crazy.

I bet both Nicole and Mark were 95% sure it was Craig and it just came down to who remembered stuff better for the final test. Did Mark say whether or not that dossier he took helped him?

The host revealed that the dossier had only the answer to one question on the quiz, and both of them got it right. I still say Mark made the right decision taking the dossier over the 75,000.

[quote name='wubb']I haven't watched the part with the clues yet, but they are always shitty.

I would have been very surprised if Nicole were the mole just because she was so abrasive in the first episode. Seems like the real mole wouldn't do anything so crazy.

I bet both Nicole and Mark were 95% sure it was Craig and it just came down to who remembered stuff better for the final test. Did Mark say whether or not that dossier he took helped him?[/quote]

I think Mark was 100% sure it was Craig once he decided to trust that Clay had really gone 100% for Nicole in the previous quizzes (which got him exeucted). Mark was so meticulous with his notes he managed to get 17 out of 20 on the final quiz while Nicole only got 13 right.

The amount of questions that focused on how everyone was lined up were pretty dumb, IMO.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']The host revealed that the dossier had only the answer to one question on the quiz, and both of them got it right. I still say Mark made the right decision taking the dossier over the 75,000.[/QUOTE]

You basically have to take the dossier in that situation. If you put the money in the pot you may as well shout "Hey everybody, I'm not the mole!" And since there were only 2 competitors plus the mole left that tells your other competitor with 100% certainty who is the mole.

That was also Clay's biggest miscalculation. He did a great job to figure out the pattern in those numbers a few epis back and put some extra money in the pot. But in so doing he made it obvious that there's no way he's the mole. You can't help everyone else's choices like that.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']I think Mark was 100% sure it was Craig once he decided to trust that Clay had really gone 100% for Nicole in the previous quizzes (which got him exeucted). Mark was so meticulous with his notes he managed to get 17 out of 20 on the final quiz while Nicole only got 13 right.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah Mark was pretty sharp.

I'm also glad Mark won because he has a family and wants his wife to stay home- makes me feel like he'll use it for good things instead of blowing it.

Finally watched the rest of the finale. Most of those clues were pretty lame but the one where Craig was never checked for execution at the end of any epi was interesting.

It would also be interesting to see if anyone would have picked out the obscure stuff hidden in a single frame of various transitions if the show were super popular like the first season of Survivor or something.

A previous season had the Mole never called on during the quiz. Should be a good cheat sheet if the have another season (which is seriously not likely).

This was an okay season, but bland overall. I'd give anything if networks would be cool and put cancelled shows on their websites for streaming. I'd be all over Murder In Small Town X. That show was the fucking shit, absolutely perfect to watch around Halloween to get into the spirit.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']A previous season had the Mole never called on during the quiz. Should be a good cheat sheet if the have another season (which is seriously not likely).

This was an okay season, but bland overall. I'd give anything if networks would be cool and put cancelled shows on their websites for streaming. I'd be all over Murder In Small Town X. That show was the fucking shit, absolutely perfect to watch around Halloween to get into the spirit.[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah Murder in Small Town X was awesome. They need to bring something like that back.

Does host know who the mole is when the season started? I'm curious since letting Jon knowing ahead of time can be dangerous (slips of tongues, etc.).

I'm a bit disappointed at the games they played throughout this season. They are good games to be played, but not as good as the season 1 and 2 ones. Since it's the Mole, I still like the series very much. And where's the Three Questions game where they were down to three people?

And yes, Murder in Small Town X was awesome. Funny how the finale worked out at the end.

bread's done
Back