The movie you most want to see this Christmas!

von551

CAGiversary!
With all the new movies releases on Christmas and all the ones already in theater, what's the one you'd most like to spend a couple hours with? Me? It's gotta be the spirit, although Benjamin Button, and Seven Pounds look amazing. Valkyrie looks like it could turn out one of the greatest history movies ever. Four Christmases looks funny as hell and Despereaux looks to be a great heart warmer. Slumdog Millionaire looks like a great Indie to fight the suffocating retail materialism around us. Well, go ahead and vote for your movie...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']none of those, The Wrestler, Doubt, or Gran Torino, though Benjamin Button looks like it could be good.[/quote]

interesting. unfortunately poll only allows 10 options

None of the above. The Wrestler is my first choice.

Darren Aronofsky is That Other Dude.

Benjamin Button and Slumdog Millionaire do look good, though. I'd also like to see Let the Right One In and Milk again.

Will Smith and Tom Cruise can go suck a fuck, in my opinion.

Benjamin Button is my number one choice, but I also want to see Slumdog Millionaire and The Wrestler.

Why is Valkyrie on this list, let alone winning?

I don't get Valkyrie. How can you have two historically crazy villains with questionable belief systems in Valkyrie - Hitler and Tom Cruise on opposite sides? Who are you supposed to root for?

I mean, those two are pretty even.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']none of those, The Wrestler, Doubt, or Gran Torino, though Benjamin Button looks like it could be good.[/quote]

i second all of those

[quote name='becuzimbrown']The Spirit's gonna suck.[/QUOTE]

I'm still trying to figure out if that movie is actually legitimate or is it some kind of spoof/farce? Regardless the ads look really really terrible. Maybe the final film is better once you see how the visual style works for the storytelling but I dunno... the ads do nothing for me.

I wanna see Yes Man, Spirit, Gran Torino, and that Adam Sandler movie.

DTESS was so lame. That movie sucked. I think that's the first time I went to the theater and regretted paying.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I'm still trying to figure out if that movie is actually legitimate or is it some kind of spoof/farce? Regardless the ads look really really terrible. Maybe the final film is better once you see how the visual style works for the storytelling but I dunno... the ads do nothing for me.[/quote]

Seems like they're just riding off the success of Sin City/300. Also, it's PG-13 and Samuel L. Jackson looks really cheesy.

There's only 1 movie on that list that I haven't already seen or plan on seeing. Whoops on not including Gran Torino and The Wrestler. I'm the most trepidatious about The Spirit. Lately, Frank Miller has been all kinds of suck.

Has anyone else noticed that since The Usual Suspects EVERY Bryan Singer movie has been about superheroes or Nazis?

BTW, when did Christmas become the season for Darren Aronofsky, Danny Boyle and David Fincher movies?:lol:

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']The Day the Earth Stood Still was horrible.[/quote]

It was an affront to celluloid.

The Spirit followed by Valkyrie.

The rest look bleh besides Day The Earth Stood Still and Yes Man which I've already seen. Both were good.

I'm looking forward to The Wrestler, but out of this list Valkyrie. Singer hasn't done me wrong yet, and I just watched X2 again tonight and reveled in how awesome it is.

I'm usually a pretty big movie goer, but there is NOTHING this holiday season that excites me. I saw Slumdog Millionaire already with a few friends who dragged me out to see it, and I thought it was a solid flick. I think role models and zack and miri were the last two movies I had any moderate enthusiasm about seeing (still have yet to see either). I was hoping The Spirit wouldn't suck as I thought Sin City was excellent, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case.

In the past, a new Adam Sandler, Jim Carey, or Will Smith movie would have at least moderately piqued my interest, but with the typically god awful movies they've been releasing for the past ten years, usually a mediocre film comes out at best (pursuit of happiness being the last semi-standout film from any one of the bunch, and i had such low expectations for Zohan that it wasn't actually a train wreck experience for me). Thus, 7 pounds, Yes Man, and Bedtime Story all have fail written all over them for me.

I'm not surprised voting for Valkyrie is high... it was a really good movie. (I would watch it if i was by myself or with my friends). However, I already saw it a few weeks ago. That being said... I'm probably end up going with my nieces and nephews to watch Benjamin Button or Marley and Me... ugh.

[quote name='2Fast']I don't get Valkyrie. How can you have two historically crazy villains with questionable belief systems in Valkyrie - Hitler and Tom Cruise on opposite sides? Who are you supposed to root for?

I mean, those two are pretty even.[/quote]

This is possibly the worst attempt I have ever read at someone trying to be funny.

Since my girlfriend and her family like Sin City so much I will be going to see "The Spirit". I enjoy these movies because of how over the top they are when recreating the feel of the graphic novels they are based off of.

Just got back from Yes Man, pretty funny flick and good to see Jim back sorta to what makes him popular. Im looking forward to both Valkyrie, Benjamin Button, and Gran Torino. Rotten Tomatoes thinks Spirit is gonna be a stinker, they must be on to something...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Man was pretty funny. Not Jim Carrey's best, but hey, what can beat Dumb and Dumber? Also, Role Models was funny as hell. And I'm about to watch Gran Torino. I'll let you know how that goes.

the only one i find remotely interesting out of all of them is slumdog millionare. the rest i could care less about. and its not that im dying to see it i havent been excited to see a movie since spiderman 3........movies just arent a big deal anymore as far as going to see new ones goes. foreign movies tend to have more excite factor to them than most american films. although the new james bond was awesome ( and by that i mean way better than i was expecting). its one of the few new films ive seen that i was into the film from start to finish i didnt get bored once. its good that theyve toned down the gadgets and such.

yeah i agree with this guy gran torino would have been a good choice to add to. clint rarely ever dissappoints.

I saw Slumdog Millionaire today. I enjoyed it. It's been a long time since I haven't liked a Danny Boyle movie. Very few directors can genre-hop like he can, which, IMO, is a sure sign of an excellent director (I'm lookin' at you, Guy Ritchie).

[quote name='bobo2k4']Heard a lot of good things about slumdog but going to wait for blu-ray.[/quote]

There's something about the way that Danny Boyle cuts his movies that makes them look better on the big screen. At least go to a matinee then thank me later.:)

Nothing, I'll wait till they all come out on Blu-ray.

Maybe Slumdog Millionaire. I really hate spending $10 to see a movie.

[quote name='slickkill77']Doubt and Gran Torino. Anyone that sees four christmases should be shot on site[/quote]

doubt looks horribly boring and stressful. couldn't even sit through trailer, i guess you should be shot too :lol:

bread's done
Back