The "My girlffriend/wife loves the Wii" thread

zaxo

CAG Veteran
After picking on me for reading about the Wii online for months and convincing herself that the Wii was going to be the worst thing that could happen to us, my girlfriend has fallen in love with Wii Sports. Today, she woke me up and asked if we could play wii tennis. Anybody else have similar success introducing their significant others to video games?

My girl has always been a gamer :)

Like someone else said once on this board... you need to find yourself a girl who likes to watch you play single player games. My girlfriend and I have played through most of the Resident Evils, currently we're putting a dent in Oblivion... it's pretty sweet.

My girlfriend has always played video games(and others) with me. We're both big DS nerds. But yes, we went and picked up the Wii together and played the hell out of it along with a few of my friends. She is suprisingly good at the Wii Sports boxing. I would say our favorite game at the moment is Super Monkey Ball. Its a great game to take turns with. I don't think I would have a successful relationship with a "woman"(if thats what you could call her) that wasn't a gamer like myself.

The BF, who never plays games with me and isn't a gamer at all went out and bought an extra Wiimote and bought us some colored wiimote covers on his own! All thanks to Wii sports.

The gf is addicted to my Wii (hehe). She loves tennis and bowling. She loves it so much that she wants to buy my 3rd Wii (its on eBay now and 2nd Wii sold on eBay already). Not to mention, shes the competitive one. She's also loving Rayman.

What have I created? I'm in trouble now.

My fiancee loves Wii Sports, but she doesn't have as much interest as me in tooling around in the interface. She also had a good time with Rayman so far.

Chances are once we start using pictures in there, and weather and news get set up, she'll be even more into it.

[quote name='6669']You're setting yourself up with a title like that ;)[/quote]i was just thinking that :razz: well at least he didn't put "my Wii"

My wife tolerates my gaming habit and plays every great once in a while - but she really liked the DS, so I was hopeful. She was cautiously curious.

She really dug bowling on Wii Sports. Her sister and my parents all played and all thoroughly enjoyed it, they were all asking how much it was. Tennis and golf were also big hits.

The GF and I have played several intense games of Tennis and a couple boxing matches. Only problem we've had is that she has a Cairn Terrier and as we are moving the controls around he see's the cord dangling and flying and want to grab it and play with it. We also had fun playing Excite Truck. Now, hearing how much fun people are having with Rayman I might pick that one up as well.

Baloras

I am the wife, and I paid for the Wii. :)

What I'm hoping for is maybe introducing my brother in law's fiancee to the Wii so that he can get video games back into his life. Rayman and Sports look like good candidates.

My wife fell in love with playing Wii bowling and boxing. She was really getting into playing baseball, and even hit a couple out of the park.

She said that she's really excited for Elebits and Super Swing Golf.

Hell, even my 2 year old was getting into the boxing. Of course, it helps that there's no real button pressing or skill involved with boxing. ;)

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']My girl has always been a gamer :)

Like someone else said once on this board... you need to find yourself a girl who likes to watch you play single player games. My girlfriend and I have played through most of the Resident Evils, currently we're putting a dent in Oblivion... it's pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

I take it your "girl" is a paid hooker, or inflatable doll or something...Just kidding...My wife hates videogames...Although we used to play Zelda Wind Waker back in the day together...She loves Tetris...It'll be interesting to see if she takes to the wii

My bf and I are both gamers, so no problems there. We brought the Wii over to his brother's place though, where him and his wife had another couple over. Aside from his brother's friend, everyone pretty much wasn't a gamer. But EVERYBODY got into Wii Sports, even the wives. I was really impressed with how much everybody was enjoying themselves, particularly the nongamer women. They kept talking about how easy it was. My bf's brother and his wife really enjoyed beating the crap out of each other in boxing. My bf's brother and his friend played a really long game of golf, and they were really into it and having a blast. Me and my bf already knew we'd be into the Wii, but the fact his family got so into it... Nintendo has really sold me on this casual gamer stuff. I'm SO impressed.

my girlfriend likes the wii, but she's gay for Zelda so that doesn't count.

Gonna try to bring it home to see if my parents like it.

[quote name='baloras']The GF and I have played several intense games of Tennis and a couple boxing matches. Only problem we've had is that she has a Cairn Terrier and as we are moving the controls around he see's the cord dangling and flying and want to grab it and play with it. We also had fun playing Excite Truck. Now, hearing how much fun people are having with Rayman I might pick that one up as well.

Baloras[/quote]

I kinda have the same problem with my dog. He's a smaller pup, a yorkie, and he'll crawl right infront of the wiimote, while I'm on the couch and it'll kill the game.

Mine will kick your ass at boxing.

She also has asked "can I watch you play through Zelda?"

I don't think she has said sweeter things to me, unless maybe she had added "and make you a sandwich?" onto the end of that.

[quote name='Strell']Mine will kick your ass at boxing.

She also has asked "can I watch you play through Zelda?"

I don't think she has said sweeter things to me, unless maybe she had added "and make you a sandwich?" onto the end of that.[/QUOTE]
i can think of a lot sweeter things.........

[quote name='JOELPATRICK']I don't think I would have a successful relationship with a "woman"(if thats what you could call her) that wasn't a gamer like myself.[/QUOTE]

Why, did she used to be a man and had a sex change? What else would you call her?

My girlfriend wasnt too into video games. She got into Guitar Hero. But she has since, had an absolute blast with the Wii. She loves to box in wii sports. Excite Truck is great too. Im very pleased

Well, my wife already was a gamer, maybe some of the older CAGs might remember Darkekatt she used to frequent the OTT a long time ago. Anyways, just for the hell of it, I bought some of those controller sleeves. As she was putting it on the Wiimote she was like "Hey, it's just like putting on a condom" I just had to post that >.>

[quote name='keithp']Why, did she used to be a man and had a sex change? What else would you call her?[/quote]
No, I was being sarcastic in saying that if you could really call her a true "woman" if she wasn't into games. When I mean true "woman", I mean one that I would be interested in. For example, "now that's what I call a real woman!" But I guess you missed the whole thing or wouldn't know anything about that, ass.

bread's done
Back