The Neglected Art of the Courtesy Flush

WildWop

CAGiversary!
Wow. Seriously. I'm surprised this guy didn't pass out from the lack of oxygen in the room (replaced with various other gasses, such as methane). When you walk into a bathroom, and the stank hits you like there's an actual wall in the room and you just blundered into it nose-first, you know you're dealing with a winner.

But this can be avoided with some common courtesy, you lazy bastards. It's called a COURTESY FLUSH, and it happens prior to completion of your generous donation to the Scrubbing Bubbles Fund. That's right... you don't let it sit in there, festering, spreading its wares throughout the atmosphere -- you flush that stankwagon as soon as it makes a break. Here's some general guidelines (or reminders, as it should be to you) for the uninitiated:

1) If even you smell it, flush it. A general rule of thumb is that you have a harder time smelling your own Log of the Damned due to the protection your prodigious posterior provides as well as this odd sensory quirk that allows you to be blissfully unaware of the impact of the occasional virulent flatulence.

2) If your do not smell it, but your eyes begin to tear up, flush damn you flush. No, someone is not dicing an onion in the bathroom, nor are they running around with smelling salts or vinegar. Your eyes are tearing because of something that is too horrid for your olfactory senses to detect. Do us all a favor and send the Cosby kids home without the requisite post-swim sandwiches and Animal Crackers.

3) If the deposit does not make a decidedly clean break -- if you don't know what this means, just flush it anyway -- you need to drown that putrid snake as soon as possible.

4) Irregardless of smell, tearing, or clean breaks, if you got trashed last night off of a case of Milwaukee's Best Ice flush before it even touches toilet water. It's really being lenient, since you should really have to don a hazard suit and put it in a proper waste disposal facility -- there's the health and well being of the denizens of the sewers to think of here -- so please do your best to flush responsibly.

5) If you are using a unisex bathroom, I'd recommend immediate flushing regardless of the texture, consistency, and aroma of your Yule Log. I suppose you COULD leave it there, but a member of the opposite sex may be just outside that door, so if you want to avoid any requisite embarassment and fodder for the rumor mill, I'd play it save and yank that handle like it's going out of style.

There are additional situations where COURTESY FLUSHING is a relevant (required) action, so use the above points to guide your decision making. Simply remember this statement going forward, and you should be ok:

WHEN IN DOUBT, FLUSH THAT MOTHER OUT

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood WildWop

I seem to recall another thread of yours dealing with the bathroom and toliet issues...the guy came out of the stall and didn't flush, but nothing was in the toliet. No point to that comment...just recalling...

Anyway, to the topic at hand, people are just generally inconsiderate lazy bastards. I couldn't agree more that the courtesy flush should be required.

A courtesy flush is a flush after you shit regardless of smell.

I even give a courtesy flush when I'm alone in my house--I don't want to stare at shit.

A courtesy flush is required at all times. Not just for the smell but also so we don't have to hear it come out.

[quote name='The Gifuto']I seem to recall another thread of yours dealing with the bathroom and toliet issues...the guy came out of the stall and didn't flush, but nothing was in the toliet. No point to that comment...just recalling...
[/quote]

As an aside, I'll mention that the same guy has been seen doing the same thing... emerging from an unflushed toilet stall, washing his hands and leaving... by many other people since then. Someone reportedly caught said guy "in the act" as it were. That bathroom is to be avoided at all costs now.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='The Gifuto']I seem to recall another thread of yours dealing with the bathroom and toliet issues...the guy came out of the stall and didn't flush, but nothing was in the toliet. No point to that comment...just recalling...
[/quote]

As an aside, I'll mention that the same guy has been seen doing the same thing... emerging from an unflushed toilet stall, washing his hands and leaving... by many other people since then. Someone reportedly caught said guy "in the act" as it were. That bathroom is to be avoided at all costs now.[/quote]

Strange...maybe he gets off on the smell of the urinal cakes. I'd maybe just find an alley to piss in...less chance of running into freaks.

Wow, that is some rude behavior... The toilet must always be left clean, even if it is not being shared with others. If a guest enters to see a dirty restroom, they certainly won't feel comfortable.

[quote name='mattatskul']My posts are few and far between, but this is so good it deserves some applause :applause:[/quote]

Happy to oblige.

Another thing that pisses me off is when I'm taking a shit at work and someone comes into the bathroom and sits in the stall NEXT TO ME. This is not acceptable in ANY situation - I don't care if you are about to shit your pants - give me some freaking space. In a bathroom with 2 stalls the most amount of people who can take a shit at the same time is 2. Period. And that's in emergency situations - if you can hold it until the bathrom is clear you should absolutely do so.

I swear I could write a book about bathroom etiquette.

No, what I hate is when some freak drops trou in the stall next to me, and then tries to strike up a conversation. Forget the fact that pucker-factor then sets in, and you can't pinch out that log for the life of you......cuz you know the perv next door is just waiting to hear Eagle 1 make splashdown, if you know what I mean.... :p

No, what I hate is when some freak drops trou in the stall next to me, and then tries to strike up a conversation.

That's the truth.

Or how about this one....you hear the guy come in like he's running for the touchdown, throws pants down, you have no idea how the toilet withstood such abuse, you hear them stand up immediatly afterwards, no paper rustling. Nasty bastard.

Or the ones who drop it off, sign the paperwork, walk out without washing their hands. Now grant you, these are suits that I've noticed doing this the most....now you know why I don't like to shake hands.

[quote name='howlinmad']
No, what I hate is when some freak drops trou in the stall next to me, and then tries to strike up a conversation.

That's the truth.

Or how about this one....you hear the guy come in like he's running for the touchdown, throws pants down, you have no idea how the toilet withstood such abuse, you hear them stand up immediatly afterwards, no paper rustling. Nasty bastard.

Or the ones who drop it off, sign the paperwork, walk out without washing their hands. Now grant you, these are suits that I've noticed doing this the most....now you know why I don't like to shake hands.[/quote]

Nasty, just plain nasty.

Man, I'm so glad I'm not in a res hall at college (suite with private bath). Something about a floor of guys sharing a crapper.... So gross...

Let's simplify:

FLUSH. ALWAYS.

We don't want to see your poo...so get rid of it, you ass.

If you don't, I'll be forced to send my unholy flying monkeys of doom to claim your eternal soul. You've been warned.

It kind of makes you think that the inventors of the bathroom white-noise machines in Japan may be onto something. I was just thinking about the uncomfortable feeling in the bathroom due to loud groaning / struggling / sputtering.

This one is uncomfortable in any situation -- you can be washing your hands or standing at a urinal halfway across a large bathroom and still cringe or rush out because of this.

Haha, funny stuff. I tend to try to avoid public bathrooms. I do flush when it comes out and reflush, then flush when i'm done. I don't like to hear others do their business so i'm sure they don't want to her me.

It's quite funny when others don't do the same. I'll be washing my hands and someone will let one go...whoo funny sounds.

I find that a fiber rich diet gets me in and out very quickly. I really only like to shit on my own bowl. But when it's unavoidable I'll shit elswhere. My only saving grace is I'm a rapid dookie dropper and do not have to deal with the straining sphincter boy in the next stall for very long

Wildwop, I hold you in high esteem for bringing out a problem that has plagued mankind ever since the invention of the toliet. I positively hate seeing a bowl with a lincoln log floating inside. This is an issue that needs attention.

Another problem I have though is guys who pee in the toliet without lifting the seat. I think this is worse than seeing a lincoln log.

I rarely drop a load in a public restroom but I do go to take a whiz. I don't think I ever came across a bathroom without some urine on the toilet seat. Not countinf the one in my own home.

The art of taking a public dump is one that takes years to acquire. Some of the rulez are simple:

1. Make sure to use the stall next to the one in use for maximum effect
2. Throw toilet paper into the other stall
3. Kick your legz and yell out loud like you are being attacked.
4. Apologize to the the toilet
5. Stand up and comment about your success
6. Ask the other person how they are doing

bread's done
Back