The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

I really liked the controllers, but I've bought 3 now where there was some issue with them. One had a bad trigger and the other 2 the thumb covers came off. After buying 2 at retail, I bought a bag of replacement thumb sticks. I was shocked at how easy it was to replace them. There are also people who mod their dualshock 3 battery and replace the dualshock 4 battery, which is cool, but I'm never going that far from an outlet.

PS: is it safe to assume that on.playstation updates the store on Tuesdays when the PSN store drops? I feel like all the last deal I got were on the Tuesday the week of or after a new release came out. (Just cause 3, need for speed, etc)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the controllers, but I've bought 3 now where there was some issue with them. One had a bad trigger and the other 2 the thumb covers came off. After buying 2 at retail, I bought a bag of replacement thumb sticks. I was shocked at how easy it was to replace them. There are also people who mod their dualshock 3 battery and replace the dualshock 4 battery, which is cool, but I'm never going that far from an outlet.

PS: is it safe to assume that on.playstation updates the store on Tuesdays when the PSN store drops? I feel like all the last deal I got were on the Tuesday the week of or after a new release came out. (Just cause 3, need for speed, etc)?
The old team used to update every Tuesday. Now we have no idea when they add anything to the site.

The old team used to update every Tuesday. Now we have no idea when they add anything to the site.
Yeah, its completely up in the air now. All guesswork. Even without the updates it was nice to do Twitch streams for info and points. Not complaining about getting free stuff, but it kinda sucks being in the dark weeks on end.

Yeah, its completely up in the air now. All guesswork. Even without the updates it was nice to do Twitch streams for info and points. Not complaining about getting free stuff, but it kinda sucks being in the dark weeks on end.
no for sure. i think everyone is def frustrated with the lack of catalog/general updates, but im pretty most of us still have a pretty nice AAA backlog still being worked atm

but i agree...I WANT MORE! :D (guessing SFV in the near future?)

Yeah I'm thinking the next update will either be next Tuesday or somewhere around then because of street fighter. I know the GameStop expert program for the people that chose the digital game pack that's the next game they are supposed to receive

I think I'll save my points for something else. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dying Light: The Following sometime soon. Really happy that this points to the likelihood of Lego SW TFA going up soon after that comes out. Anyone know of any other upcoming WB games other than MKX re-release?

I think I'll save my points for something else. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Dying Light: The Following sometime soon. Really happy that this points to the likelihood of Lego SW TFA going up soon after that comes out. Anyone know of any other upcoming WB games other than MKX re-release?
A new Game of Thrones game supposedly, may hear more about it at E3

What I noticed with some of the older new release we got updates for like just cause 3 and fallout was that they came two weeks after their release date on a Tuesday. Don't know if that's how they do it or if it was purposeful, but that's what I noticed.

Glad I checked the forums today. I haven't played a lego game in years, so $5 for the game and the season pass, well that made my day.

PS: On a side note, am I just thick or do you have to know when new content comes out for season passes? None of it automatically downloads, this seems like such a no brainer, but WWE 2K16 releases DLC a lot and I have now made a habit to launch the store before I play season pass games.

PPS: The game installs a 3GB+ base game to get it playing then 13.6GB for the rest of the game. So I'd estimate 20GB of space if anyone needed to know.

Man, I'd love to get Lego Avengers for my nephew's but I only have 7300 points. And since it seems like they add new quizzes about once a month, I'm gonna save my points for Uncharted 4.

New moble app quizzes available. One on PlayStation Vue and one on preorders/preload.

I'm honestly confused by this app. It does take my score on the first try and add it to my account, but I bomb on so many of them with no study guide to help. So I'll usually retry them a few times, but all I get are the points for the first awful score. Why let us retake the test over and over? Maybe I'm missing something though, can anyone help my misunderstanding?

New moble app quizzes available. One on PlayStation Vue and one on preorders/preload.

I'm honestly confused by this app. It does take my score on the first try and add it to my account, but I bomb on so many of them with no study guide to help. So I'll usually retry them a few times, but all I get are the points for the first awful score. Why let us retake the test over and over? Maybe I'm missing something though, can anyone help my misunderstanding?
For the mobile quizzes you get 3 attempts to get points, after that even if you get the correct answers you won't get points. I usually just quit the app if I miss one, that way I'm not wasting an attempt.

Pro-tip: Force close the app if you get answers wrong and it won't count as an attempt.

There is a finite amount of questions for each quiz. I write them down as I go and force quit the app on the last question. Rinse and repeat until I know the correct answers to all the questions, although I find the "put these (insert whatever) in order" to be annoying. Even when I think I have the right order from previously getting it right, I still seem to get it wrong.

There is a finite amount of questions for each quiz. I write them down as I go and force quit the app on the last question. Rinse and repeat until I know the correct answers to all the questions, although I find the "put these (insert whatever) in order" to be annoying. Even when I think I have the right order from previously getting it right, I still seem to get it wrong.
I HATE those!

For the mobile quizzes you get 3 attempts to get points, after that even if you get the correct answers you won't get points. I usually just quit the app if I miss one, that way I'm not wasting an attempt.
Thank you so much! The put in order test on the preload/preorder were insane, I barely read all the answers then had 5 seconds to try and put them in the correct order.

Before the PS4 came out I used to get year subs from the RLS for doing quizzes relating to PS+ or from promotions. Ever since the PS4 came out, though, I haven't seen them offer that again. You're better off just getting a new sub for $40 off eBay when Buy.com or Newegg offer them there.

Have they ever put up PS Plus subs? Mine just ran out.

Or is anyone selling?
The only time I got one was during that glitched Destiny quiz. If I remember correctly, the codes were only supposed to go out to GameStop employees. I finished the quiz, and got a 1 year sub. But no, they haven't been available since. You're better off grabbing a year for ~$40 or less.

I don't want to put my tin foil hat on, but do you think that Sony has pretty much forgotten about this program because of how well the PS4 is doing? I mean, Sony seems to be destroying the competition so why give away games for pretty much free if "loyalty" is at an all time high. 

I don't want to put my tin foil hat on, but do you think that Sony has pretty much forgotten about this program because of how well the PS4 is doing? I mean, Sony seems to be destroying the competition so why give away games for pretty much free if "loyalty" is at an all time high.
I've always assumed the site was run by a couple of people over at SCEI (now SIE) in Cali. Don't think they forgot about it, more the old guys running it were better at keeping up with the site versus the guys who took over. The quizzes were more in depth and we had frequent Twitch streams with developers. The old site runners gave us a community feel.

I think the site is a hell of a lot better now then it was in the past. We never had $5 3rd party digital games that came with a season pass, many even on release day. Don't forget it's the slow time of the year for game releases. Also it's the end of the 4th quarter, their budget could be running low.

bread's done
Back