The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name='emceelokey']How long does it take to be a "vip" member?[/QUOTE]

It's in the OP, but you have to log in at least once a month for six months. Once you become an advocate, you get brand new games the same day they're released. As long as they're in the catalog that is. Everything is unlocked 90 days after it's first available in the catalog. I hope that makes sense...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's in the OP, but you have to log in at least once a month for six months. Once you become an advocate, you get brand new games the same day they're released. As long as they're in the catalog that is. Everything is unlocked 90 days after it's first available in the catalog. I hope that makes sense...[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks. I was an advocate member before but they did some update and I had to change my password but the email that was associated with that profile is no longer available because I changes service providers and they deleted that account so I basically had to create a new one. I didn't know that new games were made available after 90 days of release. I just thought it was at random. That's actually quite helpful. Thanks again.

[quote name='emceelokey']Sweet, thanks. I was an advocate member before but they did some update and I had to change my password but the email that was associated with that profile is no longer available because I changes service providers and they deleted that account so I basically had to create a new one. I didn't know that new games were made available after 90 days of release. I just thought it was at random. That's actually quite helpful. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

No problem man. Uncharted 3 was weird for me. It was released November 1st, but I was able to snag a copy on December 21st when they had their update? Maybe they were in the Christmas Spirit, lol. I was shocked, but it's always fun to rush to the computer and try and snag items. You should follow their twitter page. In the meantime, I'm going to keep an eye on what they add. I'm sitting on too many points now, lol.

[quote name='finsfan0210']The auctions are a joke. Are you guys seeing how much everything is going for. I'll save my points for restocks.[/QUOTE]

The auction is a joke, lol. I was thinking about getting a DualShock 3 controller. Not for 10,000+ points though. I'll wait for a restock. I still haven't played Ratchet and Clank All 4 One because I'm waiting to get a second controller because my girlfriend wants to play it as well.

Edit: Take this for example. PlayStation God of War Skate Deck is 1000 pts. + $10.00 + $10.00 shipping* in the catalog. The current auction bid is 21730 points. At that right you could buy twenty of those, lol. Some of those members are really dumb. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the auction items have gone for ridiculous points for the entire 5-6 years I've been on there. I don't understand why people would spend as many points as they do, unless they've done every single quiz and they don't want the vast majority of what's in the catalog.

They updated the browser! Holy Mother of God webpages display properly now! Now, to see if it still freezes the PS3 with JavaScript on. There seems to be a catch, scrolling is now sluggish.

[quote name='JG5253']Does anyone think Vita Games will show up on the catalog?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They stated a twitter a few weeks back that we would see Vita stuff.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Yes. They stated a twitter a few weeks back that we would see Vita stuff.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I might have to hold off on the Buy 2 get 1 free at Target. Did they say it stuff would come up around launch.

[quote name='JG5253']Awesome. I might have to hold off on the Buy 2 get 1 free at Target. Did they say it stuff would come up around launch.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure when they will be available, but I'm thinking they should be available down the line. I think they were are going to do download codes at first, and then full retail games down the line.

My guess is whenever they do another restock we might see some vita stuff but it will go quick. If they wind up being download vouchers then they won't lost long cuz they have priced downloads at $5 previously. I would prefer to get physical copys.

Sounds awesome. I would rather have physical copies also but If they do put download codes on the catalog then I really hope they put PSN only games also like Escape Plan, Plants vs Zombies, Super Stardust Delta etc.

[quote name='finsfan0210']My guess is whenever they do another restock we might see some vita stuff but it will go quick. If they wind up being download vouchers then they won't lost long cuz they have priced downloads at $5 previously. I would prefer to get physical copys.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine they're going to do a restock in a week or so since the auction ended yesterday. Those points were just ridiculous, lol. 50K for a controller!? Are you serious? Lol

[quote name='WormFOODx']I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for any Vita games this soon. Wanted to get Uncharted and HSG from them.[/QUOTE]
You actually might want to since they made this tweet today.

"Not to mention, we're going to be seeing a few Vita titles on their way in the next day or so..."
https://twitter.com/#!/onPlayStation/status/172105510231875584

My guess is it will be first party titles (Hot Shots, Uncharted, Wipeout, Modnation and Little Devs) and that sucks because I bought Uncharted and Wipeout already. No interest in Little Devs and Modnation but I'll def snag Hot Shots for $10.

[quote name='musicjunkie']You actually might want to since they made this tweet today.

"Not to mention, we're going to be seeing a few Vita titles on their way in the next day or so..."
https://twitter.com/#!/onPlayStation/status/172105510231875584

My guess is it will be first party titles (Hot Shots, Uncharted, Wipeout, Modnation and Little Devs) and that sucks because I bought Uncharted and Wipeout already. No interest in Little Devs and Modnation but I'll def snag Hot Shots for $10.[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention that. I how there's another update in the following days.

Picked up Ico/Shadow Of The Colossus. Thought it was going to eventully drop in price at retail but hasn't so since they dropped the point value to 1000 I decided to go ahead and get it now. I also bought Uncharted GA at retail so if they add it in the next day or 2 I'll return my store bought copy. I can wait a few days to play Uncharted GA.

Also I'll pass on Little Deviants as well. I already saw a used copy at a local GS. And I guess the price on it will drop fast kinda like Kinect Adventures which is now like $2 at GS.

[quote name='Cage017']Thanks for mentioning the updates. Picked up God of War Origins.[/QUOTE]

Anytime man. I received the updates via twitter so it's always good to know what's up there.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Picked up Ico/Shadow Of The Colossus. Thought it was going to eventully drop in price at retail but hasn't so since they dropped the point value to 1000 I decided to go ahead and get it now. I also bought Uncharted GA at retail so if they add it in the next day or 2 I'll return my store bought copy. I can wait a few days to play Uncharted GA.

Also I'll pass on Little Deviants as well. I already saw a used copy at a local GS. And I guess the price on it will drop fast kinda like Kinect Adventures which is now like $2 at GS.[/QUOTE]

I paid $15 each for God of War Origins HD, and Ico/Shadow of The Colussus at Best Buy with their coupon a week after release. If I would've waited, I could have saved $10. They're worth it at that price. Did the advocates see anything new in the store? I won't reach advocate status until April or so.

Speaking of advocates. Does anybody know when advocate status activates? (Beginning of month, exactly 6 months from first login, etc.)

[quote name='Auburn']Speaking of advocates. Does anybody know when advocate status activates? (Beginning of month, exactly 6 months from first login, etc.)[/QUOTE]
FWIW I looked into my account summary I joined on 4/28 and I got Advocate Bonus on 10/6 so doesn't look like it's exact.

[quote name='musicjunkie']FWIW I looked into my account summary I joined on 4/28 and I got Advocate Bonus on 10/6 so doesn't look like it's exact.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Thanks!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Anytime man. I received the updates via twitter so it's always good to know what's up there.

I paid $15 each for God of War Origins HD, and Ico/Shadow of The Colussus at Best Buy with their coupon a week after release. If I would've waited, I could have saved $10. They're worth it at that price. Did the advocates see anything new in the store? I won't reach advocate status until April or so.[/QUOTE]

Nothing new so far but I'll be checking a few times a day over the rest of the week due to what they said in their twitter posts. I want Uncharted GA for cheap cheap!!!!

[quote name='finsfan0210']Nothing new so far but I'll be checking a few times a day over the rest of the week due to what they said in their twitter posts. I want Uncharted GA for cheap cheap!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that one will go fast.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Nothing new so far but I'll be checking a few times a day over the rest of the week due to what they said in their twitter posts. I want Uncharted GA for cheap cheap!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I'm not too interested in the Vita games since I doubt I will buy one. Now if I win one or something then I'll make the exception for $10 Vita games. ;) I can't stand paying more than $10 for a game nowadays. I'm spoiled by this reward site, lol.

I have a feeling the Vita games are only going to be advocate. :/ Been a member for years but never had 6 months in a row that I logged in. Did every quiz on the site too. It sucks not having it, usually miss out on the good stuff.

[quote name='Auburn']I have a feeling the Vita games are only going to be advocate. :/ Been a member for years but never had 6 months in a row that I logged in. Did every quiz on the site too. It sucks not having it, usually miss out on the good stuff.[/QUOTE]

All you have to do is log in at least once a month, thats what I do.

They also added the wireless 7.1 headset.

[quote name='bigant262']All you have to do is log in at least once a month, thats what I do.

They also added the wireless 7.1 headset.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should be getting it in a week or two.

Add to Cart option for the Headset isn't available for me...I have enough points, I've never ordered one before...tried asking on Twitter, but they never respond to anything I ask, so I doubt I'll get any help from them.

Any ideas?

I'm beginning to think their new MO is to just string us along on new releases. Jak, twisted metal have been out for a week and nothing, not to mention now we're getting the "soon"on Vita games as well. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but if there's any first party titles they aren't carrying I'd like to know so I can get them through one of the numerous buy2get1s.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Add to Cart option for the Headset isn't available for me...I have enough points, I've never ordered one before...tried asking on Twitter, but they never respond to anything I ask, so I doubt I'll get any help from them.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I heard they were having some issues with the site, they said to clear your cache and that should do the trick.

I almost bit on the Wireless Stereo Headset for $30 but I didn't want to use 6000 points. I'm just under 7000 points right now and I'll wait for Vita stuff or Twisted Metal, LBP2SE,GT5XL and Jak and Daxter. I still have a bunch of modules left to get points for but I hate doing them.

Edit - Wireless Stereo Headsets are gone for now. They said they will have more at a later time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed they added Infamous 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One as well. Another good update, but I think GoW: Origins will hold me over for a while.

BTW, do any of those PSPGO accessories they have work with the PSP 3000 model as well?

[quote name='Cage017']Noticed they added Infamous 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One as well. Another good update, but I think GoW: Origins will hold me over for a while.

BTW, do any of those PSPGO accessories they have work with the PSP 3000 model as well?[/QUOTE]

I picked up Ratchet and Clank All 4 One when I picked up Uncharted 3 in December. Still haven't opened it yet. I'm waiting for a second Dualshock 3.

[quote name='finsfan0210']It sucks that you can only get 1 copy of each game normally but at least when controllers pop up that seems to not be the case.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I know the put up the black controllers for advocates yesterday or so. Before that they put up the new Owner's Kit. So I wouldn't mind picking up three more controllers if I could. I'm a sucker for cheap controllers, and the colors they have present. Lol

I think you can grab 1 of each color. Because I have gotten a Blue, Red, MLB11, and The New Owner Kit. The 2.0 Bluetooth headset is still available. I'm still using the original Sony one that was bundled with Endwar and Socom back in the day. Got mine(Endwar Bundle) for $21 on clearance at Target 3 or so years ago and it still worlks like a charm.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I think you can grab 1 of each color. Because I have gotten a Blue, Red, MLB11, and The New Owner Kit. The 2.0 Bluetooth headset is still available. I'm still using the original Sony one that was bundled with Endwar and Socom back in the day. Got mine(Endwar Bundle) for $21 on clearance at Target 3 or so years ago and it still worlks like a charm.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sick. I have roughly 40,000 points so I might go on a shopping spree once I reach Advocate status, lol. Hell six controllers for the price of one retail is definitely a good deal for me. They're 3,000 points right? By April I'll probably have more points, and 18,000 won't be a lot to part with. We'll see what happens though.

bread's done
Back