The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

I'm pretty much saving my GS credit to subsidize a PS4 purchase but I'll probably be getting PS4 games regardless if I have a PS4 at the time or not.

I've got a few n00bish questions so be gentle.

1) What's the name of the Twitter account to keep an eye on the updates? (The one in the FAQ/OP doesn't work)

2) If I'm not an advocate yet.. is there even a point to watching out for prizes or is the good stuff basically reserved for them?

3) Best way to sort the rewards page to get the best stuff? I normally do it by date added but am now realizing that might not be the best option as it seems like new stuff has popped up on other various spots. I could just be losing my mind.

Thanks!

Edit: Signed up for the RLS program on September 29th.. almost at the 6 month spot for Advocate.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Here's the first link for BjrnJens
He's the one who updates the rewards etc.

Here's the second link for On_Playstation
He provides the updates regarding new modules and contests. They have twitter "fights" from time to time so they're pretty awesome in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Always watch out for new and cool stuff. While it probably doesn't do you a whole lot of good to just keep refreshing when there is an update every couple weeks or so, you will notice when new stuff gets added. Try and watch this thread (i don't do twitter so this is my life line to the updates) and there should be some warning on a catalog update a few hours prior to it going live. I'm pretty sure the games are available for everybody where the headsets and the more exclusive items are advocate only.

When the items go up, you should see them in the default view (i always change mine to view all). If not, just sort by exclusive item and you will get the "good stuff." Warning though: The really good items last a few minutes at most, some of the good things might last half an hour and the games that have a few hundred in stock might stick around for a couple of hours. These things go FAST!!

[quote name='jj50']I have a feeling that Jens will put up Bioshock Infinite.[/QUOTE]

As much as I would love a cheap copy of Bioshock Infinite, I'd rather save my points for the God of War CE, if it's available. That's just me though. I could see the CE for $20 just like the Killzone 3 CE was.

Jens mentioned that GOWA and MLB The Show 13 will be included in the next update. Definitely skipping MLB since I'm not a huge fan of it. We'll most likely see the next update this week.

Now i have to ask myself if i care about the God of War franchise to spend a few dollars on it. Says the person that played 1, 2 and regretfully 3.

For those that haven't this really isnt a spoiler i assure you but i will wrap it.

AS SOON AS THE CREDITS ROLL ON 3. QUIT THE GAME FOR THE BEST ENDING.

I can only hope to see a collectors of last of us or at least the statue. I should still be able to pre-order it. WHY DO YOU ELUDE ME ELLIE, YOUR JUST LIKE THE REST. ET U SONGBIRD? ET U?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Jens mentioned that GOWA and MLB The Show 13 will be included in the next update. Definitely skipping MLB since I'm not a huge fan of it. We'll most likely see the next update this week.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, hopefully this week then?

[quote name='newtype06']Oh nice, hopefully this week then?[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I bought the God Of War CE from Best Buy. I have enough reward zone points to make it about $15 out of pocket. If we get it cheaper, then I'll just return it. You don't know how hard it is not to open that CE, lol. C'mon Jens. Hook us up!

We might have to wait a bit for the new catalog update:

"@onPlayStation: @RushRoby The mag (print and digital) should only be a few weeks away. Catalog update in 2ish weeks, too :)"

Hope for some cool new stuff and maybe restocks on some older stuff. I've been on the retail site for a long while, but just recently got a ps3 so building up my library.

[quote name='felixcostello']We might have to wait a bit for the new catalog update:

"@onPlayStation: @RushRoby The mag (print and digital) should only be a few weeks away. Catalog update in 2ish weeks, too :)"[/QUOTE]

I saw that as well. :( I'm just going to use some reward zone points to bring my God of War CE down to $20ish or so. The only items they confirmed for the update so far was God of War Ascension, Vita Memory Cards, and The Show '13.

[quote name='felixcostello']We might have to wait a bit for the new catalog update:

"@onPlayStation: @RushRoby The mag (print and digital) should only be a few weeks away. Catalog update in 2ish weeks, too :)"[/QUOTE]

Going to mega con this weekend so this is good news for me. Now I can build up points and money.

[quote name='TheHelix']I wanna play GOWA but I'd rather save my points for Soul Sacrifice[/QUOTE]

My dad bought me the CE for my birthday so I'm going to see what rewards pop up. I have 8, 000 points to spend. Great week for me so far. $20 Persona 4 Golden, $15 Lumines, and $15 Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom. I'll be stuck to my Vita like glue! Those points should equal 2 games so we'll see.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']New MLB training module and contest - 5000 points just for entering the contest :D[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm gonna be set for awhile on points. Sitting on 15k for the upcoming substantial update!

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']New MLB training module and contest - 5000 points just for entering the contest :D[/QUOTE]

That may have just put me #1 on the leaderboard for most points earned this year:D

Those bastards didn't put my Rays in any of the matchups!

@BjrnJens: so just a heads-up…I did receive notification that a BUNCH of stuff should arrive at the warehouse shortly. Maybe a day or so.

Keep your eyes peeled, gang! I'm hoping the update goes live tomorrow since I'll have the whole day off.

[quote name='felixcostello']@BjrnJens: so just a heads-up…I did receive notification that a BUNCH of stuff should arrive at the warehouse shortly. Maybe a day or so.

Keep your eyes peeled, gang! I'm hoping the update goes live tomorrow since I'll have the whole day off.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping it happens Wednesday since I'm off, lol. It's always awesome when we get new updates. Time to cash in my points!

[quote name='felixcostello']@BjrnJens: so just a heads-up…I did receive notification that a BUNCH of stuff should arrive at the warehouse shortly. Maybe a day or so.

Keep your eyes peeled, gang! I'm hoping the update goes live tomorrow since I'll have the whole day off.[/QUOTE]

Likewise

[quote name='newtype06']It's almost time...[/QUOTE]

I know, luckily I'm off and have just been taking some extra quizzes to bide my time to pad up my stockpile of points.

[quote name='Okatha']And now the site is crawling, yikes.[/QUOTE]

Yup, they're getting hammered. Anything that goes up is likely to disappear in a matter of minutes given the number of people that must be trying to access the site all at once.

bread's done
Back