The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

Just received this email from the On.PlayStation team,

"Congratulations!

You have been selected as a winner for the OnPlayStation Knack Live Chat Promotion.

You will be receiving (1) copy of the PS4 Knack Software as your prize within the next few weeks."

Now I just need to get a PS4, lol. Check your inbox. I'm glad they're keeping the winners updated because it was strange seeing people blowing up their Twitter page constantly about it.
No email for me but congrats!

In for one expected site crash... lol.

EDIT: After a long process of breaking my F5 key, I managed to snag Ratchet, Knack, and Killzone. Hazzah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got in for Knack, only thing I really wanted from the bunch.. Gonna try round 2 to get Rachet and Clank, but already have Killzone..

Was a pain but got Killzone. I've fought through worst but sill a hassle. Trying again for Knack later when the site calms down. (need 200 more points... should've checked my points this morning >.

Got in for Knack, only thing I really wanted from the bunch.. Gonna try round 2 to get Rachet and Clank, but already have Killzone..

Was a pain but got Killzone. I've fought through worst but sill a hassle. Trying again for Knack later when the site calms down. (need 200 more points... should've checked my points this morning >.<)
You guys are lucky - I can't even get the catalog to show anything other than the first 5 items.

Knack is out :whistle2:( That sucks ill keep refreshing for awhile see if I cna get it but im class.

Edit: Got Knack after refreshing a million times... I spent way to much money today... but got a pretty good haul. 

From Sony:

Knack
Killzone
R&C Into the Nexus 

From Gamefly:
Xcom: Bureau Declassified
Killer is Dead

For a grand total of
$55.05
Thank God...literally ;-)  for Christmas break. 

Got me a copy of Killzone. I was debating pulling the trigger on Knack but seeing as I won it from the Live Chat I didn't. Hopefully it will finally ship.

It was a pain to get Killzone and Into the Nexus, but I snagged both! I won Knack from the contest so I didn't want to be greedy. ;) Congrats to everyone who was able to snag some rewards as well!

Missed Knack and Killzone, I already have Ratchet (which is excellent BTW). Oh well maybe I can snag a camera in the next update!

After about 20 minutes of waiting for the page to display more than just 5 items, I finally clicked the PS4 check box and that worked almost right away! Just thought I'd throw that out there for the future.

Also, there are still plenty of copies of R&C.

After about 20 minutes of waiting for the page to display more than just 5 items, I finally clicked the PS4 check box and that worked almost right away! Just thought I'd throw that out there for the future.

Also, there are still plenty of copies of R&C.
The same thing happened to me initially. I couldn't get the page to load over 3G..so slow. I clicked the PS4 Check Box, and filter results. Only showed Knack. I thought I missed R&C and Killzone. Checked ten minutes later, and they appeared. One thing though. The checkout process took a while took. I had to constantly reload the check out screen to get it to work.

Looks like there is some new content on the main page (Sony getting into the buying phones and tablets?  WOAH!)

Also wanted to mention since i know many of you here belong to expertzone that there were some Xbox one games up over there (not that anybody here in the Sony thread would actually be playing on one... but you know... for gifts ;) )

Looks like there is some new content on the main page (Sony getting into the buying phones and tablets? WOAH!)

Also wanted to mention since i know many of you here belong to expertzone that there were some Xbox one games up over there (not that anybody here in the Sony thread would actually be playing on one... but you know... for gifts ;) )
No idea where you're getting that - it's clearly about them releasing the mobile RLS app...

I had to go back and re-read their scrolling marquee.  Looks like i misread that completely so you're correct.  

That's what happens when it scrolls too fast and i was looking at other shiny things!!

EDIT:

What's the hold up on announcing the winners for the "What does it do?, What will I play? and What is the PS4 all about?" contests?

Has anyone won those? I see someone up above received a PS4, but was there an email involved or will winners just be surprised with a PS4 on their doorstep?

Just remember that those contest prizes are usually so large that they need to do tax paperwork and then contact the people first to make sure that they want it. There's a lot more to those large purchase contest then it sounds.

EDIT:

What's the hold up on announcing the winners for the "What does it do?, What will I play? and What is the PS4 all about?" contests?

Has anyone won those? I see someone up above received a PS4, but was there an email involved or will winners just be surprised with a PS4 on their doorstep?
I never received an email for the GTA prize I won. I would have been very surprised if I didn't happen to browse the finished contests. Many of the contests don't ever list the winners, I believe it sometimes gets overlooked.

Just remember that those contest prizes are usually so large that they need to do tax paperwork and then contact the people first to make sure that they want it. There's a lot more to those large purchase contest then it sounds.
Anything over $600 in value and you will have to pay the taxes.

Looks like there is some new content on the main page (Sony getting into the buying phones and tablets? WOAH!)

I cleaned house on that site the other day, lol. Picked up 2x camo controllers, 2x of each Xbox One games except Zoo Tycoon, and 2 of the $25 point cards. Today they put up $25 up for $10 snagged two of those. Now I have a ton of Xbox currency to buy Rock Band tracks! I sure do miss that tread though. :(

Received Killzone, Knack, and R&C today. What's weird is tracking still shows all three of them in Illinois. I think companies like DHL, UPS, and FedEx started something new, though, where they hand stuff off to USPS. So the tracking only goes so far.

Received Killzone, Knack, and R&C today. What's weird is tracking still shows all three of them in Illinois. I think companies like DHL, UPS, and FedEx started something new, though, where they hand stuff off to USPS. So the tracking only goes so far.
That's not really new. They've been doing that for years.

it sucks that they have to slash the UPC code
Oddly enough they only do it to the first party games. When I got Bioshock Infinite and Grand Theft Auto V from them they didn't slash the UPC.

Anyways, got my copy of Tearaway the other day; still waiting on Knack and Killzone.

Oddly enough they only do it to the first party games. When I got Bioshock Infinite and Grand Theft Auto V from them they didn't slash the UPC.

Anyways, got my copy of Tearaway the other day; still waiting on Knack and Killzone.
They don't slash items that come in boxes either.
My move set, and Vita Cradle both came unslashed

it sucks that they have to slash the UPC code
I honestly think that Sony does that with most of its promotional copies of games. Before I joined On.PlayStation, I used to receive free games monthly from House Party. I don't knew if anyone here was apart of it, but you posted on the forums, uploaded photos, comment on other posts and you works get free swag the following month. You'd get two to three games each month. Too bad it's not around anymore. :( Anyways, they used to slash the bar codes as well. It didn't matter to me because I kept almost all of the games. (Sorry for that trip down memory lane. Lol)

I honestly think that Sony does that with most of its promotional copies of games. Before I joined On.PlayStation, I used to receive free games monthly from House Party. I don't knew if anyone here was apart of it, but you posted on the forums, uploaded photos, comment on other posts and you works get free swag the following month. You'd get two to three games each month. Too bad it's not around anymore. :( Anyways, they used to slash the bar codes as well. It didn't matter to me because I kept almost all of the games. (Sorry for that trip down memory lane. Lol)
It is a small price to pay for what they are actually giving us. Would you prefer to pay $60 for a game with a barcode that isn't slashed or $10 and a few surveys for what we get. It is a bummer for those who want their games to be in pristine condition, but if that's the case maybe they should just buy the game outright. Also, I have a question. Do some states not take games with slashed barcodes? I live in California and whenever I have traded in a game with barcode stamped or slashed they never cared.

Also, I have a question. Do some states not take games with slashed barcodes? I live in California and whenever I have traded in a game with barcode stamped or slashed they never cared.
On the games I've got, they've never completely slashed the barcode so it was still able to scan whenever I traded them in. And at least the Best Buy I go to here in Indiana, they have never said anything about it.

yeap. except for the Resistance Collection cause it was in a box xD'
There was one month where I didn't participate (didn't want the games) but then I emailed them the next month saying that 0 points still got me first tier so they sent me the sackboy plush for that month.

8000 points is too much. I already have 2 controllers and the camera, but I would've gotten a spare controller but not for 8000 points - that's like 3-4 games....
This is the problem I'm having also. My gameplan was to stock up on PS4 stuff so I was all set when I finally picked up the console at a later date, but I'm starting to realize how scarce points are. It's like the opposite of ExpertZone. I've got points coming out of my ass over there but nothing to spend them on. On the RLS site, I have a ton of shit I'd pick up in a heartbeat but I have to ration my points because they're so hard to come by.

I'm sitting on 3255 points and all I have left to earn more is 23 Vita courses. That wouldn't even get me up to 8000. I absolutely love the site and appreciate what they offer, but they really need to find ways to offer more point opportunities.

bread's done
Back