The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

Alright. Will do. The shelf is well ventilated. I even leave the door open when I game as well.
It's not heat, unfortunately. My PS4 does the same thing. It spits out discs while powered off, while in standby, while in games, it doesn't matter. No joke, I just turned mine on for the first time in two days and it spit out the disc inside about 15 seconds after I booted it up while I was still on the dash. Sony offered to fix it if I sent it in about a year ago but I balked since I didn't want to be without my PS4 for however long it would take (probably anywhere from 10 days to over two weeks). Kind of wishing I sent it in since the problem never went away.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to hijack this thread and turn this into a skateboarding thread. but a few questions.

Has anyone bought the skateboard deck? I just did, because I need one to get to class faster. But I've never really rode a skateboard or even built one to be honest. I'm sure I'll get everything down, but I'm wondering if anyone could give me a few suggestions for parts I should get for it. I know I need, hardware, wheels, trucks, and grip tape, but can anyone offer suggestions? Especially for wheels for just riding to and from class? I also saw you need a special sized truck, depending on the size of the board, which I have no idea of, because the page for the deck is so vague. 

I'd just like to apologize for the plethora of questions, and for the of topicness, I'd just like to get this stuff down. 

I don't mean to hijack this thread and turn this into a skateboarding thread. but a few questions.
Has anyone bought the skateboard deck? I just did, because I need one to get to class faster. But I've never really rode a skateboard or even built one to be honest. I'm sure I'll get everything down, but I'm wondering if anyone could give me a few suggestions for parts I should get for it. I know I need, hardware, wheels, trucks, and grip tape, but can anyone offer suggestions? Especially for wheels for just riding to and from class? I also saw you need a special sized truck, depending on the size of the board, which I have no idea of, because the page for the deck is so vague.

I'd just like to apologize for the plethora of questions, and for the of topicness, I'd just like to get this stuff down.
All of this could be resolved with a simple Google search... Maybe two. Possibly a subreddit or a forum that is about skateboarding. Not trying to be a dick, but I don't want this thread hijacked with skate talk while I await for updates.

However, once your board is complete I'd love to see the final product. Good luck.

To get back on topic, for those of you who are looking for more points and aren't aware of the Android On.Playstation app, check it out. I don't feel like hyperlinking from a phone but just look it up in the Play Store; Netflix quiz will get you some decent points.

The quizzes are timed and the point value you earn goes down as time passes which makes it fun for me.

To get back on topic, for those of you who are looking for more points and aren't aware of the Android On.Playstation app, check it out. I don't feel like hyperlinking from a phone but just look it up in the Play Store; Netflix quiz will get you some decent points.

The quizzes are timed and the point value you earn goes down as time passes which makes it fun for me.
No idea this was even a thing, thanks for the info. (There's an iOS version also)

All of this could be resolved with a simple Google search... Maybe two. Possibly a subreddit or a forum that is about skateboarding. Not trying to be a dick, but I don't want this thread hijacked with skate talk while I await for updates.

However, once your board is complete I'd love to see the final product. Good luck.
There is no Google search for the RLS Sony skateboard. It's specific to this thread, and there are no other boards about the RLS program. I think I'll keep my question here. I'm wondering if someone has gotten it, and can give me specifics. Just gotta wait, I don't think you should have even replied because you badically relayed everything I said about hijacking, and I even apologized. But if you can somehow Google these and get a magic answer, please enlighten me.

There is no Google search for the RLS Sony skateboard. It's specific to this thread, and there are no other boards about the RLS program. I think I'll keep my question here. I'm wondering if someone has gotten it, and can give me specifics. Just gotta wait, I don't think you should have even replied because you badically relayed everything I said about hijacking, and I even apologized. But if you can somehow Google these and get a magic answer, please enlighten me.
Coworker got one to actually use, and she regretted it. In my opinion, not as bendy as a Blind; not as springy as a Toy Machine. This was purchased to replace an Element deck. The RLS one snapped within a month, so she went back to her warped Element deck.

These are best suited to decorative uses - put on an old pair of trucks, and hang it proudly.

Anyone know if that Netflix module is visible from the website, and not the app? can't seem to find it, so the answer is likely 'no,' but....

Coworker got one to actually use, and she regretted it. In my opinion, not as bendy as a Blind; not as springy as a Toy Machine. This was purchased to replace an Element deck. The RLS one snapped within a month, so she went back to her warped Element deck.

These are best suited to decorative uses - put on an old pair of trucks, and hang it proudly.

Anyone know if that Netflix module is visible from the website, and not the app? can't seem to find it, so the answer is likely 'no,' but....
Thank you!

"@onPlayStation: @rushroby Not today. We will update the catalogue on Tuesday next week…waiting for some items to come in." Just wanted to share that, and that mobile app is amazing!! Almost up to 6500 points!

anyone else having issues with the app on their mobile device? after i sign in and im brought to the main menu, none of the prompts seem to work (using iphone 4s)

What do you want to know about it? I was originally going to use it as a replacement board, but it felt a lot heavier than my current board. So I just found long screws and hung it on my wall. Looks pretty cool there. Sorry that wasn't really specific.

I'm so pumped for the Shovel Knight DLC to come out I was able to get it the last time it came on the catalog but I hope they bring it back so everyone else can get it

Gotta get on earning some more points increase they put Mad Max back up. Or I would be happy with Destiny, NBA or any of the new games coming out.

Thanks everyone for the alerts on when new items are up on the site! I only recently discovered this perk of retail (no thanks to my store's Sony rep who never told me about the site in all my time working there.) I've already ordered several older games as well as some newer ones and look forward to getting some more. Can't help but be a bit sad looking at the many available games on the products list that I bought on my own not knowing anything about this site.

The app is a little wonky (using iPad2) and sometimes I have to exit it and reopen it to get quizzes to show up, but it's a great way to get additional points. At first I couldn't get the app to open at all. Every time I tried logging in it would say URL not supported or something like that. I correctly guessed that it had an issue with a special character in my password, and once I changed my password without any special characters, it was able to open.

I am glad to find out about this site a few years ago and told my co-workers about it. Not sure how long this program has been around but I remember there was a time when there was a lot of activity on the site and it was ran by two guys who did contests and giveaways and the catalog would get updated weekly. I was earning massive points from the quizzes and contests. My friend won a PS3 and I won a Pulse Elite headset for just taking a random quiz. The headset just showed up on my doorstep one day without me knowing so it was a nice surprise.

The staff has since changed and it's not as active as it once was but I am still grateful for the site's existence.

I completely agree with the two last posts. I've been working retail for the longest time. Since 2008, I didn't know about this site until I stumbled across it on CAG in 2011. I would see a ton of games that I paid full price for, and I won a pulse elite headset during one of the past contests as well. It's definitely a great site, and I constantly tell my coworkers to join. They continue to make douses while I get the best price on new games etc. Their loss. But yeah this is by far one of the best retail sites that you can join. Expertzone, the Microsoft Retail Site, was cool until it dried up. The last game that was available was either Halo:MCC and Sunset Overdrive. So yeah, but anyways. This site is king!

Thanks for the heads up! Up to 9,000 points! And OMG, I remember seeing Blasto as a kid and thinking..what the hell is this!? Lol
I only have 7,000. Praying I get more points some how if they decide to drop 20th Anniversary DS4s

*Shovel Knight, Oli Oli 2, and Never Alone are also worth 500.

Doing these will put me at 9000!!

I only have 7,000. Praying I get more points some how if they decide to drop 20th Anniversary DS4s

*Shovel Knight, Oli Oli 2, and Never Alone are also worth 500.
Doing these will put me at 9000!!
Just like Goku? Lol. My man. I'll pass on the controllers. I have like 8/9 of them! Bring on the games!!

Edit: Anyone constantly smashing F5 at the moment!? Lol

Well.... they added a quiz. WWE -> 500 points
I'm digging these 500 point quizzes as of late. The RLS should honestly want as many people to spend as much money as possible on the site, and you can't spend money if you don't have enough points.I'm still wondering how people accrued over 100k points to use on the auctions and the consoles in the catalog. Do people just register for the RLS and then not use their points for years, banking on the hopes that they'll be able to use their stockpiled points for a really expensive item years down the line? Or do people use alt accounts (against the TOS, clearly) where they just stockpile points and use their main account for games and accessories regularly throughout the year?

I'm digging these 500 point quizzes as of late. The RLS should honestly want as many people to spend as much money as possible on the site, and you can't spend money if you don't have enough points.I'm still wondering how people accrued over 100k points to use on the auctions and the consoles in the catalog. Do people just register for the RLS and then not use their points for years, banking on the hopes that they'll be able to use their stockpiled points for a really expensive item years down the line? Or do people use alt accounts (against the TOS, clearly) where they just stockpile points and use their main account for games and accessories regularly throughout the year?
I never even thought of that. I always thought people would just complete the quizzes and let the point sit there. I mean I always thought about all the games that I bought when they frst came out at 3,000 a piece. But if you wait and wait, those point totals drop over time. So I'll think if I would've just waited, then I'd had more points. Oh well. Lol

I never even thought of that. I always thought people would just complete the quizzes and let the point sit there. I mean I always thought about all the games that I bought when they frst came out at 3,000 a piece. But if you wait and wait, those point totals drop over time. So I'll think if I would've just waited, then I'd had more points. Oh well. Lol
I remember a Gamestop buddy of mine getting in cool with one of the reps and got a shit ton of point codes

New 500 point quiz up on the mobile app. Ico (PS2) in the PS4 section. Wonder if that's an early indication of another remaster or perhaps the "PS2 classics coming to PS4" rumor has some credence.

Quiz seems a little unfinished though : http://m.imgur.com/Clgky3J

New 500 point quiz up on the mobile app. Ico (PS2) in the PS4 section. Wonder if that's an early indication of another remaster or perhaps the "PS2 classics coming to PS4" rumor has some credence.

Quiz seems a little unfinished though : http://m.imgur.com/Clgky3J
Thanks for the heads up. Just finished it with 497 points. I can leave those 3 points behind. Lol. Question. Has anyone received a 100% during their first time on the mobile quiz? Did you get bonus points?

bread's done
Back