The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

new DYP is up

No mans Sky - 500 points

getting really tired of waiting for Doom to show up....
I caved. It was 50% off on Amazon Prime Day, so I pulled the trigger (pun maybe intended). I'll use the 3000 points elsewhere. Still holding out hope for Overwatch one of these days.

3 new quizzes posted

Xperia XA – The Perfect Fit  500 pts.

Harmonix Music PSVR  500 pts.

Everything  500 pts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caved. It was 50% off on Amazon Prime Day, so I pulled the trigger (pun maybe intended). I'll use the 3000 points elsewhere. Still holding out hope for Overwatch one of these days.
This is the only way I'll get overwatch. It really doesn't seem like my cup of tea as I was never a big TF2 fan, and it seems very similar, but for $5, I've bought much worse games

Kind of at a loss as to why it's been so long since a catalog update. It's going to be a madhouse whenever it does update since everyone now likely has well over 20k points from all of the quizzes they've been pumping out since the last update.

They actually posted on their Twitter account a couple days ago. Said thanks to everyone for their patience. Said they're revamping the back end and would have updates to the rewards soon.

Kind of at a loss as to why it's been so long since a catalog update. It's going to be a madhouse whenever it does update since everyone now likely has well over 20k points from all of the quizzes they've been pumping out since the last update.
Somebody on reddit posted that it's because they just added Canada to be able to get rewards. But they messed up on the provinces or something like that and decided they wouldn't add anything until it all got fixed.

Like with E3, the PlayStation guys usually have a huge presence at SDCC also. And just a guess but I'm sure some of the guys maybe getting a little vacation in between.

Now that I think on it, most summers have been pretty quiet catalog wise

So the PlayStation promo said that you were supposed to do all 17 quizzes and then a final one this week for the grand prize, yet there isn't a new quiz. Did they scrap that and instead just have those 17 weekly quizzes?

Looks like the Telltale collection finally sold out.  At least there was SOME kind of change to the catalog, haha

I mean, i don't mind going out and buying NMS, but I would love to have something definite one way or another, first...
Agreed! If I don't see it on the list today I will buy from PS Store for the full $60, support the developer. But it has been a long while since the last update. Strange so silent other than the giveaways.

Agreed! If I don't see it on the list today I will buy from PS Store for the full $60, support the developer. But it has been a long while since the last update. Strange so silent other than the giveaways.
hooo!!! - great idea! was just going to grab it at work, but i have some points built up on my Playstation credit card... might just convert those to PSN commodity! :D

When OnPS doesn't update the catalog in months

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

When OnPS doesn't update the catalog in months

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg
Yea, I normally feel like I shouldn't be entitled but this is a really long time. I do project work with database developers and it doesn't take them this long to rearrange an entire employee database of 100k people. This SHOULD be easier.

With that said I feel for the team. No idea what is going on behind the scenes.

Yea, I normally feel like I shouldn't be entitled but this is a really long time. I do project work with database developers and it doesn't take them this long to rearrange an entire employee database of 100k people. This SHOULD be easier.

With that said I feel for the team. No idea what is going on behind the scenes.
Longest since I've been a member that's for sure. I did end up buying No Man's Sky and love it! Glad I bit the bullet.

I kind of use this site to buy games that I would normally pass on because they are only $5-$10. But this update delay makes sense as they were adding RLS Canada and I don't think that's a quick update for such a small team.

Longest since I've been a member that's for sure. I did end up buying No Man's Sky and love it! Glad I bit the bullet.

I kind of use this site to buy games that I would normally pass on because they are only $5-$10. But this update delay makes sense as they were adding RLS Canada and I don't think that's a quick update for such a small team.
I know exactly what you mean. I love this program due to the ease of courses, and availability of products. Honestly what percentage of games have been completed from this program? I know my percentage is low because I'll grind in a game for x amount of hours/days, and then something else would come out. That's just how it is. In the meantime, I'll continue to rack up points and save them.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean. I love this program due to the ease of courses, and availability of products. Honestly what percentage of games have been completed from this program? I know my percentage is low because I'll grind in a game for x amount of hours/days, and then something else would come out. That's just how it is. In the meantime, I'll continue to rack up points and save them.

This is exactly what you are supposed to do with the RLS. The games should entertain you long enough to be able to recommend them. Plus getting them for a discount helps you have a more positive attachment with the game.

Case in point: I love the Assassin's Creed games. I love open world games, for sure, but this series alone I have a special place for. Yea, I know it's not the best game series in the world but I won the first game in a contest at my Gamestop and it helped me bond with it. Contests and free games help create a positive attachment with a game which in turn helps you recommend it more. Heck, I still have an 11th Hour poster (7th Guest pt 2) that I got for free from when I worked at Babbages. Still remember that game and I barely played the sequel.

Like I said I feel for the teams that are working this site. If Sony or Microsoft could pull metrics to see if these sites really helped sell games they might put more resources into them and we would have less downtime. Unfortunately these are difficult metrics to gather.

This is exactly what you are supposed to do with the RLS. The games should entertain you long enough to be able to recommend them. Plus getting them for a discount helps you have a more positive attachment with the game.

Case in point: I love the Assassin's Creed games. I love open world games, for sure, but this series alone I have a special place for. Yea, I know it's not the best game series in the world but I won the first game in a contest at my Gamestop and it helped me bond with it. Contests and free games help create a positive attachment with a game which in turn helps you recommend it more. Heck, I still have an 11th Hour poster (7th Guest pt 2) that I got for free from when I worked at Babbages. Still remember that game and I barely played the sequel.

Like I said I feel for the teams that are working this site. If Sony or Microsoft could pull metrics to see if these sites really helped sell games they might put more resources into them and we would have less downtime. Unfortunately these are difficult metrics to gather.
Totally agree. I bought Life is strange and Far Cry Primal from the RLS. I have beaten them both and can make a recomendation knowing the whole story. I tell the pros and cons and can help people decide if they would like it or not

Contests are the way to do it. I remember when the PS4 launched, I won a copy of Knack from Sony. Within the first month or so I was able to get a bunch of the launch titles for cheap. That initial contest, and those cheap games pushed me over the edge to get a PS4. I was going to wait a while to get a PS4, but I couldn't have those games staring me in the face. I'm roughly 50 into Dark Souls 3, and I'm stuck on a boss. Will I eventually get back into it? Of course, but in the mean time I can attempt to clear some of my backlog.

bread's done
Back