The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

The systems were not on the first page. They were like in the 2nd or 3rd page (can't remember). I think it went in alphabetical order. There was a PSP GO listed for 15,000 points, along with PSP-3000 for 12,000 and PS3 for 20,000 (not right now of course, on Monday).

Today I got my order for a PS3 Bluetooth headset and I was pleasantly surprised to see this:

CIMG1196.jpg

They sent me 4 headsets!!!

They just verified me yesterday, and I ordered Killzone 2 and MLB The Show 10. Didn't know they put up systems/accessory every now and then. Looks like I need to bank some points so I can get a headset.

[quote name='oasisboy']Today I got my order for a PS3 Bluetooth headset and I was pleasantly surprised to see this:

They sent me 4 headsets!!![/QUOTE]

Damn dude. Did you double check your order to make sure you didn't accidentally order 4. If they sent you 4 on their mistake, cool beans! Would you be willing to sell one for cheap? PM me if so.

Damn, 1st I miss out on the M$ retail giving out FREE 360 systems for points. Then I miss out on 10.00 systems on the Sony site. :cry: :cry:

[quote name='JayTL']What are the odds of Sony putting up MOVE stuff in the future? Not just the games, but the accessories?[/QUOTE]

maybe for the advocates

is there any way to tell if you're an advocate on rls besides the email sent out? i've been on for at least the last 6 months and havent seen anything extra on the rewards page. thanks

[quote name='ddp72984']is there any way to tell if you're an advocate on rls besides the email sent out? i've been on for at least the last 6 months and havent seen anything extra on the rewards page. thanks[/QUOTE]

It will say it under where it says what store you work for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man let me know about one of those headsets. Went to order one and they were all gone. Guess they sent them to you, lol :applause:

[quote name='oasisboy']Today I got my order for a PS3 Bluetooth headset and I was pleasantly surprised to see this:
They sent me 4 headsets!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='jcmeadows']Man let me know about one of those headsets. Went to order one and they were all gone. Guess they sent them to you, lol :applause:[/QUOTE]

I hope not :lol:, I ordered one and a copy of MNR when the headsets were still listed and I got MNR yesterday, but still don't have my headset.

So does anyone have any fastpoints cards or training cards? Or are we not allowed to share them?
How do you get fast points cards?
I've never seen an rls rep come to my store. That's why I'm asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just did a restock of ADVOCATE ITEM accessories - *no* systems this time. Don't miss the accys on the last page of the catalog also.

I hope they have systems again....although, I'm debating to go system or wait for a MOVE controller. Hopefully I can amass enough for both.

I agree with you on the systems. i wish they would return soon.

I have been checking on the RLS site daily just about every half hour.

I took enough quizes to have 36000+ points. and i still have 30 or so more quizes to take.

I really want a PS3. i dont even care if it is bundeled with a few games(although that will be nice :))
I also want the PSP. was thinking of getting my oldest son a DS for christmas. but if i can score a PSP for 10 bucks i am game. he wont care, as long as it is handheld.

(sorry for off topic below)
@js1 - when was M$ giving out free 360 for points. i am also on the M$ training site and checked that frequently. i did not see such an offer. i got a 360 for 9999 points and $100 a year ago in feb when they redid the site. i took quizes like a fiend back then.

I hate to say it, but I think the MSEZ is really stepping up and is starting to outshine the RLS. They are doing things I could only wish the RLS did:

- Day of release posting on the reward section. Like Halo Reach and I think Alan Wake... if that was not DoR it was pretty darn close.

- Posting of special editions, I know the RLS put up the GoW 3 spec ed in the auction listing. But MS put all editions of Halo Reach up.. and for cheap. I know I picked up a copy of the LE for $18.

- Communication. Facebook and Twitter postings keep you up to date on whats going on in the EZ. We knew the exact time Halo was being put up, and that they will be putting chatpads up on Monday.

Still think the RLS is the better of the retail sites out there... but they still have some room to improve.

And they posted new contests up, lots of bonus points when you complete the required quizzes.

[quote name='fuss']I hate to say it, but I think the MSEZ is really stepping up and is starting to outshine the RLS. They are doing things I could only wish the RLS did:

- Day of release posting on the reward section. Like Halo Reach and I think Alan Wake... if that was not DoR it was pretty darn close.

- Posting of special editions, I know the RLS put up the GoW 3 spec ed in the auction listing. But MS put all editions of Halo Reach up.. and for cheap. I know I picked up a copy of the LE for $18.

- Communication. Facebook and Twitter postings keep you up to date on whats going on in the EZ. We knew the exact time Halo was being put up, and that they will be putting chatpads up on Monday.

Still think the RLS is the better of the retail sites out there... but they still have some room to improve.

And they posted new contests up, lots of bonus points when you complete the required quizzes.[/QUOTE]

There is no question about it. EZ has ramped up the competition. It only benefits us. :applause:

Expertzone wins on shipping alone. I ordered Littlebigplanet GOTY weeks ago, still no sign of it and not even a way of tracking it. :(

[quote name='Luriden']Expertzone wins on shipping alone. I ordered Littlebigplanet GOTY weeks ago, still no sign of it and not even a way of tracking it. :([/QUOTE]
Very true on that one - love the tracking number and fast shipping. I know I can expect my LE Halo Reach on Tuesday. I have not had as bad luck as some of you with the RLS - my normal turn-around time is two weeks. But thats still double the time of the EZ.

[quote name='fuss']Very true on that one - love the tracking number and fast shipping. I know I can expect my LE Halo Reach on Tuesday. I have not had as bad luck as some of you with the RLS - my normal turn-around time is two weeks. But thats still double the time of the EZ.[/QUOTE]

Yea I was so surprised that they put the collectors edition of reach on there, I returned my copy of the legendary edition and got it from the for half price. Shipping shows it on the way.

[quote name='hqn101']Yea I was so surprised that they put the collectors edition of reach on there, I returned my copy of the legendary edition and got it from the for half price. Shipping shows it on the way.[/QUOTE]

I'm very surprised they didn't have an order limit on those actually... I was able to order 2 Legendary editions, 1 Limited and 1 Regular, and they've already shipped all four. At first they were saying only one game per person, no matter what edition, then changed it to one edition per person... I guess they decided to throw all rules out the window at the last minute.

On a somewhat related note, did anyone see the poll on the RLS that was previously up?

It asked what other RLS-type sites you participated in. Of course ExpertZone was one of them but there was also "Nintendo Link". I had not heard of this site, so I did a search for it. Of course Nintendo Link is going to come up with all kinds of Legend of Zelda stuff, but I could not find any indications of such a site (even when I specifically excluded 'Zelda' from the search).

As far as I know the only RLS-type Nintendo site is the crappy ones that let you take quizzes to enter contests (not from Nintendo of course).

Does anyone know what the RLS was referring to with "Nintendo Link?"

[quote name='Xero Vortex']On a somewhat related note, did anyone see the poll on the RLS that was previously up?

It asked what other RLS-type sites you participated in. Of course ExpertZone was one of them but there was also "Nintendo Link". I had not heard of this site, so I did a search for it. Of course Nintendo Link is going to come up with all kinds of Legend of Zelda stuff, but I could not find any indications of such a site (even when I specifically excluded 'Zelda' from the search).

As far as I know the only RLS-type Nintendo site is the crappy ones that let you take quizzes to enter contests (not from Nintendo of course).

Does anyone know what the RLS was referring to with "Nintendo Link?"
[/QUOTE]

Its exactly that contests only, and it didn't let me add 2 editions of reach legendary.

I use to like ExpertZone until they started giving me a hard time when I had to verify my employment for a second year. I use direct deposit and now they only accept "paystubs" even though the information they want on paystubs can be found on my direct deposit form. BTW, how come there is no "Expertzone" thread in the 360 forum?

On the other hand, RLS is much easier to navigate and vertification was no problem. Plus I like the $10 flat rate of redeeming games as opposed to points AND a discounted price.

[quote name='Cage017']I use to like ExpertZone until they started giving me a hard time when I had to verify my employment for a second year. I use direct deposit and now they only accept "paystubs" even though the information they want on paystubs can be found on my direct deposit form. BTW, how come there is no "Expertzone" thread in the 360 forum?

On the other hand, RLS is much easier to navigate and vertification was no problem. Plus I like the $10 flat rate of redeeming games as opposed to points AND a discounted price.[/QUOTE]

You can thank the Halo Reach beta code giveaway for that. They used to be pretty lenient on employment verification, now they require you to verify every few months just to weed out the thousands of new accounts made for beta codes.

[quote name='fuss']Just do me a favor - when they do put systems back up on the RLS post it here (after you order yours that is).[/QUOTE]

I second that. i have been waiting for the systems. fair enough, i did not have close to enough points when the systems were available. but believe you me, i have enough now.

[quote name='Cage017'] BTW, how come there is no "Expertzone" thread in the 360 forum? [/QUOTE]
A long time ago there was such a topic, but it was before the EZ had you confirm employment and the talk there was mostly talk of abusing the system. This was before the RLS re-verified people after the initial verification - there was also lots of talk of abuse in the RLS thread. Both threads were closed and either deleted or moved from public view.

Fast forward a bit and the RLS stepped up the re-verification process and I was given permission to re-open this RLS thread. The EZ only recently updated its verification process to weed out all the trash. I guess if you ask you would be granted permission to re-start a EZ topic - but really I do not see a need. I only say this because they have such a good communication setup over there. You know when they are going to add something, you know when contests start and stop. This is not true with the RLS - this topic is really us letting each other know whats going on, when stuff is added, etc.

Do the points on RLS expire like on EZ? The FAQs make it sound like they don't but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask all the people that use that site.

Also, tried my best to search the thread for an answer and saw nothing. I'm also assuming that if people have 20k points stacked up they probably don't :p.

I find it kind of funny that Amazon has LocoRoco 2, Patapon 2, and Buzz Master Quiz for $9.99. So that's cheaper (not including shipping) than RLS, plus it doesn't cost you points either.

I still think it's kind of odd that Patapon 2 is $10 (I'm assuming) on RLS, because it is an actual game box, but is just a download code inside.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Do the points on RLS expire like on EZ? The FAQs make it sound like they don't but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask all the people that use that site.

Also, tried my best to search the thread for an answer and saw nothing. I'm also assuming that if people have 20k points stacked up they probably don't :p.[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact it was if you did not log in for 90 days ALL of your points expired - this happened to me back when I was new. But it has changed a bit now. This is from the FAQ that is linked to on the bottom of the RLS pages:

Members will be able to redeem points as long as they are active Members of the Program and the Program is being offered. Accounts that are inactive for a period of 12 months will be de-activated, and points lost. Upon termination of employment with an eligible retailer, points will no longer be eligible for redemption and will be forfeited.

[quote name='fuss']I know for a fact it was if you did not log in for 90 days ALL of your points expired - this happened to me back when I was new. But it has changed a bit now. This is from the FAQ that is linked to on the bottom of the RLS pages:[/QUOTE]
Thank you much. Was just making sure I was reading right. I log in atleast once a week so shouldn't be an issue. Thanks!

[quote name='Cage017']I use to like ExpertZone until they started giving me a hard time when I had to verify my employment for a second year. I use direct deposit and now they only accept "paystubs" even though the information they want on paystubs can be found on my direct deposit form. [/QUOTE]

Most people only have access to online stubs anyway. EZ will try and tell you it's a DD stub even if it's clearly listed as a check stub. RLS is better in that respect.

Hm, I would think that Sony would want to be getting rid of the 120GB PS3 systems since the 160GB systems are now the standard. *hint hint RLS*

So I was wondering with all this talk about systems and all that - how many points does everybody have? I am also curious as to how many all-time points you have.

So as of right now I have:
Total Points Earned: 120,575
Current Point Balance: 71,620

lol, my transaction history page is 60 pages long. :drool:

I still have a few more quizzes to do - like 10- 15 I would say.

To get your all-time point balance, click on where it says "POINTS" up in the right top corner.

this is a long shot of a thought, but i have a feeling they will only add the systems once a month. (please please please let that thought be completely wrong.)
I only come to this conclusion based on the fact that the last time the systems were available, it was on 8/30. that could mean that the next time the systems are available might be 9/30. Again, this is purely speculation. i do not know when they will return. and i hope i am wrong and they show up after this post.

*HINT HINT RLS*

Who knows even -if- they will be back. Hopefully they will but who knows. I know someone posted a while back that a Sony rep told them that they were going to put up PS3s (for like $150?) sometime this fall.

I'm not sure how much RLS changes their rewards catalog as I've only been keeping real close tabs on it since I heard about the systems. But I do know that Heavy Rain is now gone and we now have Modnation Racers in (again, I believe). That happened over a week ago and nothing has changed since.

The RLS rewards change slowly in comparison to ExpertZone (which has never given me trouble with DD pay statements as some have reported).

i did see that post about the 150 systems. still a good deal for a ps3. I also saw a post where someone who told the forum about the systems (ps3 and psp) said that each was $10. the $10 price would match what the information on the right of the rewards page says. (not quoted) physical items are 10 shipped and download codes are 5 shipped/emailed whatever.

i did see the Mode Nation racers. I will pcik that up if available when/if the systems are available again.

heavy rain was on there for a while then dissapeared. same for GoW 3 that has also been gone for a while. i would appreciate some updated items. i know they added controllers, the camera, etc..., but also would like some communication too. email/FB/twitter. something.

[quote name='thekrayze']i did see the Mode Nation racers. I will pcik that up if available when/if the systems are available again.

heavy rain was on there for a while then dissapeared. same for GoW 3 that has also been gone for a while.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and both GOW3 and ModNation Racers (for PS3) are still in the rewards catalog, at least for me. Is anyone else seeing differently?

that is stranger. I do see MNR in my rewards, but only the god of war disc that had both 1 and 2. not god of war 3.
that is good for you if you do not have the game already. do you have enough points just for the system/systems?
not bragging, but i have enought for a ps3 and psp (if the points are still what they have been stated as earlier in the thread. 20000 for ps3 and 12000 - 15000 for psp/psp go respectivly) i also have enough for a few games if i get like 1 ps3 game and 2 or 3 psp games

Hm, very strange. GOW3 is the first item on the second page for me, right next to the PS3 GOW Collection. I wonder why some people don't see it.

mine is the psp go headset then to the right is playstation eye camera.
maybe it is the buisness you work with. i wish i had the gow collectors ed available.

[quote name='thekrayze']mine is the psp go headset then to the right is playstation eye camera.
maybe it is the buisness you work with. i wish i had the gow collectors ed available.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see any accessories at all. Just games.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Yeah, I don't see any accessories at all. Just games.[/QUOTE]

To see the accessories you need to be an 'Advocate' by logging in at least one day a month for 6 months in a row.

I'm not an advocate yet, by the way, and the GOW Collection is GOW 1 and 2 on a bluray disc, not the GOW 3 collector's edition.

ok. that make sense. i do have that collection disc available.
I am an advocate so i see accessories.
i am still curious why you see gow3. who else see that.

My mod nation racers is no longer available. i this it is sold out now.

[quote name='thekrayze']ok. that make sense. i do have that collection disc available.
I am an advocate so i see accessories.
i am still curious why you see gow3. who else see that.

My mod nation racers is no longer available. i this it is sold out now.[/QUOTE]

I see GOW3, but not an advocate yet.

bread's done
Back