The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

i have about 41k in points. I have been a member for about 3 years now. i have only used about 3500 points since i began. for a long time. i did not take a single quiz. i did check the site once a day for those years leading up to now. in the past few months, i think i have checked the site way too often. and now with the bundles being so high, i still have nothing to show per say.

well, i stand corrected. i jumped on the psp3000.
it will mainly be a x-mas present for my 6 yr old.
he can play LBP and MLB, but i will play Socom.

i guess at $85 total instead of 170 is not bad.
i was going ro get him a DS, so in theory, this is cheaper. and for some of the game (like invizimals) it can be had for cheaper on here.
also, now i can use that GOW ghosts of sparta voucher

[quote name='thekrayze']well, i stand corrected. i jumped on the psp3000.

i guess at $85 total instead of 170 is not bad.
[/QUOTE]

That is probably the best deal they have. I might bite on it and trade in my old psp 1000. Waiting for friday to get paid and then I will decide...

Does anyone know the trade in value at GameStop for a PSP-1000?

[quote name='oasisboy']How? You must have spent hundreds of hours doing that (or you got some magic codes illegally).[/QUOTE]

you can usually just go to your local gamestop and ask for these codes

[quote name='hqn101']you can usually just go to your local gamestop and ask for these codes[/QUOTE]
Really? What if I don't work at gamestop though?

[quote name='oasisboy']How? You must have spent hundreds of hours doing that (or you got some magic codes illegally).[/QUOTE]

lol how do you get illegal codes? I have not even seen my Sony rep in almost a year (I have one set day off a week and thats the day he comes in for the one visit per month, if he comes in). But I have entered one fast point card in the last year+. I have been a member of the RLS since 2005 and have taken every quiz offered. I have not spent any points on my account at all this year, and it has been a good amount of time before that since I have spent any points. But I am #1 all time on the leaderboard :)

Now, having said that lol - and I have talked about this before and my rep and one of the heads of the RLS knows about this also - my wife works at target and she has an account. We use her account to really do all the buying of rewards. Like today she got the PS3 on her account and we got MNR a few days before that. Her account is prettymuch drained right now (less than 3k points). And no, she has never even seen the PS rep since she has taken over the lead position in the electronics dept.

not to be mean, but i guess it is good i jumped on the psp3000 bundle then

if you go to the last page, they still have the pspgo bundle.

as i read it, it is a pspgo system with a pspgo dock for 100 +10 ship. (15k in points)

honestly, the ps3 bundle was sold out quicker than i expected. it was there last night at like 12ish am est.

[quote name='fuss']lol how do you get illegal codes? I have not even seen my Sony rep in almost a year (I have one set day off a week and thats the day he comes in for the one visit per month, if he comes in). But I have entered one fast point card in the last year+. I have been a member of the RLS since 2005 and have taken every quiz offered. I have not spent any points on my account at all this year, and it has been a good amount of time before that since I have spent any points. But I am #1 all time on the leaderboard :)

[/QUOTE]

What I meant by illegal codes is that some people discover a "pattern" for these codes and then they just enter codes created by software that reads patterns. I say this because the top earner for this year (Thomas White) has been with GameStop since 7/02/10 and already has over 68,000 points. Are you telling me that in the last 3 months he has done 680 quizzes? There are not 680 quizzes available on the site!

[quote name='hqn101']you can usually just go to your local gamestop and ask for these codes[/QUOTE]

Not true...

Haha, I finally got my advocate status, a day after the main goods are gone. The PSP Go is still up and it's almost tempting to get it, but 15,000 points + $110 is a bit much.

At least I can now look at the pretty pictures of the new stuff.

Well, looks like it's not worth hanging onto my points till I get advocate based on the prices people are giving, guess I'll just load up on games. A few good games on the site that are worth $10 easily to me that I don' thave yet.

Mod Nation Racers
Uncharted 2
God of War III

For $30 this ain't bad, just wish I could order a couple controllers, having 4 would be nice.

[quote name='oasisboy']What I meant by illegal codes is that some people discover a "pattern" for these codes and then they just enter codes created by software that reads patterns. I say this because the top earner for this year (Thomas White) has been with GameStop since 7/02/10 and already has over 68,000 points. Are you telling me that in the last 3 months he has done 680 quizzes? There are not 680 quizzes available on the site![/QUOTE]

I thought that too. So I asking them over twitter that same question.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Maybe he switched jobs from X store to Gamestop?
Check with the twitter rls though, they might know.[/QUOTE]

That is not the case. This dude earned 68,000 points in 2010 alone according to RLS (well, in his case since July). This does not make any sense, it is not realistically possible.

i agree.

i have 30k
just bought the PSP3000 at 12K

so i had 42k

i have 4110 points when i heard about the first ps3 hardware bundle in what, august.

i have about 20 quizzes left to take which is about 3-4k worth of points. there has to be something else going on there.

Hey everyone I have a question :

When I go to the "Training" section and look at the list of quizzes available why do they all have a "+10%" bonus added under each total amounts of points available ?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey everyone I have a question :

When I go to the "Training" section and look at the list of quizzes available why do they all have a "+10%" bonus added under each total amounts of points available ?[/QUOTE]

You must be an advocate. Advocates get 10% extra points for each training module.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey everyone I have a question :

When I go to the "Training" section and look at the list of quizzes available why do they all have a "+10%" bonus added under each total amounts of points available ?[/QUOTE]

That would be because you are an advocate. I guess advocates get +10% the number of points from some quizzes.

the +10% is a bonus on quizzes for advocates.
if a quiz is 100 points, it will be 110 for an advocate.

if yoy complete that 100 point quiz with no wrong answers, it will give you 50 bonus point.
100 + 50 + 10%= 165

does that make sense?

[quote name='oasisboy']That is not the case. This dude earned 68,000 points in 2010 alone according to RLS (well, in his case since July). This does not make any sense, it is not realistically possible.[/QUOTE]

I checked. He was switching to a new account and it was merge from the old account.

[quote name='thekrayze']i got one better. i ordered the psp3000 bundle on the 26th, and it came today. (29th)[/QUOTE]

Oh nice! Maybe my PS3 will pop up soon....

Did it come fedex, ups or usps?

[quote name='thekrayze']mine came UPS[/QUOTE]
ah thats good, the UPS guy here is better than my USPS guy who just *drops* stuff in front of my door, then pounds on the door then walks away... :bomb: So I have high hopes it will be here Monday :bouncy:

well, my ups guy did just that, he rang the doorbell, left the package on the step and walked away. luckily my wife is always home (althought, i was home this one time)

Refresh my memory since I just became an advocate and have a reason to use rls again. Once you've completed a test you can never take it again for points no matter how long ago, right?

[quote name='Vortextk']Refresh my memory since I just became an advocate and have a reason to use rls again. Once you've completed a test you can never take it again for points no matter how long ago, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thekrayze']Yes, after taking a quiz you can no longer get points for that quiz[/QUOTE]

I miss it back in the day you could take a refresher on it and get another 25 points.

[quote name='fuss']I miss it back in the day you could take a refresher on it and get another 25 points.[/QUOTE]

yeah... didn't realize that had changed actually. Guess that's why I'm not an advocate though. Been a while since I've done a bunch of quizzes. Usually only do a couple each week.

[quote name='thekrayze']logging in once a week will land you advocate status. you just need to keep up with it for the next 6 months[/QUOTE]

Once a month - so its a tad easier.

[quote name='thekrayze']has the PS3 come yet? did they charge your card. mine was charged the next day.[/QUOTE]
My PS3 came Tuesday.. right before I had to go to work lol. My wife said they just charged my card Monday I think it was...

Some advocate items are back; blue controller, bluetooth headset, and the Playstation eye.

Also, I noticed that at least the move shooting attachment's point requirement has been revised. It was 5000 points, now it's 2500. Other stuff might have changed but I didn't notice it.

Ordered Heavy Rain a few days ago and today I ordered the Playstation Eye. Hopefully they will add the Move controller in the future. I'm thinking it will be there 3 months after the original release like the other stuff which would be Dec or Jan

First off, just wanted to say thanks to Fuss for creating/maintaining the thread. I stumbled across it a couple weeks back and have been reading through it for a ton of useful info.

Received my PSP bundle yesterday and noticed something fishy. The paper invoice/receipt said that the bundle was free, and the shipping was $10. I went back and looked at my email receipt and it too said "total shipping/processing fee paid" $10. Nothing about the extra $75 they charged my card. Then I logged in to the site and it only shows points being deducted under my profile, and the standard verbiage about there only being a $10 fee for items.

Anybody else receive anything different receipt-wise on their hardware bundles? I could be wrong but shouldn't RLS be providing an accurate receipt that shows my card was charged $85 for tax/reward purposes?

my invoice said the same. free and $10 shipping. did not check anything into it on the site. i am intrigued now. an updated invoice would have made me feel better.

fuss, check your ps3 sheet and let us know if yours is similar
thanks

My recipt says free also.

PS3 Bundle - Total Price = free
Shipping = 10.00
Order Total = 10.00
amount paid = 10.00
Amount due = 0

Do you raise a stink about this? Depends on how much you want to keep getting from the RLS lol. You have one heck of a case against the RLS but in reality we all knew it was money plus 10 (I still think they could have waived the 10 haha). Would be interesting to see if/how they reply to this.

And touching on the points they are asking for that move gun.. still think its high. Blu-ray remote is 5 more at retail and yet is 1000 extra points? The remote has to have a higher cost to make than the gun.....

what i want and what i will get are two different things.

i want a ps3 hard bundle for $10 shipping only, but what i will get is ot a ps3 bhard bundle.

the only thing i can think of is that the money other than shipping is "administration" fees.

now in my case for the psp3000 bundle. i got a $170 psp, a $40, $30, and $20 game all for a total of $85 (prices as i saw them in Target the other day. i know online or used would be cheaper, but i dont count that in this case)

the price i paid is justified.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. My main issue with this is the card I used to purchase the bundle was my Sony Playstation Visa, and I was going to turn the receipt in for points/cash credit.

I get the feeling RLS changed their stance on the pricing of the bundles at the last minute which is why there is nothing on paper or on the site as to what we were charged.

I sent an email about it two days ago and have yet to hear a reply. Will keep you guys updated as to what they do.

Anyone else having issues ordering from the RLS website today? No matter which credit card I try, I'm having issues checking out.

From Sony email...

New Releases will now available within the advocate catalog on day of launch! We will be limited to 150 units of each title...so don't delay... .

Anyone know what time they items will be up? Midnight? What time zone?? Just random???

[quote name='ogreeley']From Sony email...

New Releases will now available within the advocate catalog on day of launch! We will be limited to 150 units of each title...so don't delay... .

Anyone know what time they items will be up? Midnight? What time zone?? Just random???[/QUOTE]

That's awesome although saying what time it ll be up would be helpful

bread's done
Back