The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name='fuss']They do both - it depends on who is doing the marking... really no joke lol. It is not THAT bad. But I know when we have pre-orders in PS3 boxes I always took all the unsold ones and swapped out the marked box with an unmarked ex-preorder box. Not perfect, but better than it was. But with the new pre-order process BBY has it looks like those days are over with.

And do the LBP2 contest thing, you get a 10k point bonus when finished... enough for your two games plus more.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the help fuss. Was an easy 10k to earn since I had already done the LBP2 modules. Now just to wait for some good games/accessories to come in stock. :D

[quote name='Xero Vortex']Hm, I wonder if we'll ever see the systems up for just points again...

[/QUOTE]

Nope, never again you will see points only systems. RLS stated that this was a mistake when it happened but that they honored all the orders.

[quote name='pewpewpew']Verified at last. Ordered Uncharted 2! Now to rack up enough points for Heavy Rain and GT5.

[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain showing up for you? I have not seen it in 2 weeks and missed on getting it.

[quote name='oasisboy']Nope, never again you will see points only systems. RLS stated that this was a mistake when it happened but that they honored all the orders.[/QUOTE]

When/where did they say that?

[quote name='salv2000']I won the 4th Quarter sweepstakes grand prize, PS3 320 GB w/ Move Bundle. This site rocks![/QUOTE]
As the OP of this thread I get half of all winnings :applause::applause: LOL j/k

CONGRATS! Glad to hear that somebody from here won. The only thing I ever won from the RLS was a Motorstorm hat haha

[quote name='Xero Vortex']When/where did they say that?[/QUOTE]
I know for a fact they said they will never be points only again. And at first the twitter guy was denying that they ever had systems for points only. STILL pissed I missed out on that.

[quote name='fuss']As the OP of this thread I get half of all winnings :applause::applause: LOL j/k

CONGRATS! Glad to hear that somebody from here won. The only thing I ever won from the RLS was a Motorstorm hat haha

I know for a fact they said they will never be points only again. And at first the twitter guy was denying that they ever had systems for points only. STILL pissed I missed out on that.[/QUOTE]

Sometime last year I won Locoroco 2 from one of their contests.

[quote name='fuss']
And do the LBP2 contest thing, you get a 10k point bonus when finished... enough for your two games plus more.[/QUOTE]
Do you just submit links from youtube for that one? And one link or 4 links? How does it work? Just curious from those of you that did it.

For anyone else who's expecting hardware in the mail from this last wave, as of today I already received my PSP-3000.

I also got FIFA from the EA site in the mail today, too. On top of everything else I'm playing, I'm a tad overloaded...

[quote name='Pato7']Do you just submit links from youtube for that one? And one link or 4 links? How does it work? Just curious from those of you that did it.[/QUOTE]

I asked if they had to be real PS links, I was told random youtube links would work.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey when do you all think they will add more products to the catalog ? thanks[/QUOTE]

They add as they get - LBP2 should be up maybe today or at least sometime this week. But they add stuff when they get it in, no way to say. They do a good job of letting us know via Twitter when restocks of the major stuff happens.

Yeah but the site seems down or it's working really slow. So much demand for LBP2?

Thanks Fuss for the response :) , I'll do youtube links

I was just able to make it to the catalog and place an order for LBP2, so anyone that was having trouble should give it another try.

hey guys, i'm new to the board AND new to RLS. just got verified monday, seems like a really cool program. for those who are wondering, LBP 2 isn't showing up for me anymore in the catalog. Modnation Racers is up, though. that's pretty much the only change i've seen in there since friday when they took down resistance 2.

Yeah, the site was suddenly working for me too and I got my order in. I'd act quick though, according to twitter they began with less than 200 copies.

hey guys, i'm new to the board AND new to RLS. just got verified monday, seems like a really cool program. for those who are wondering, LBP 2 isn't showing up for me anymore in the catalog. Modnation Racers is up, though. that's pretty much the only change i've seen in there since friday when they took down resistance 2.

Sup bro. Welcome. As far as I understand, 200 copies of LBP2 were put up today for RLS advocates only. Advocate status basically means, you've been up on the site for 6 months.

According to one of their tweets earlier, LBP2 will return to the rewards catalog 90 days after the official release date and will be available to all at that time.

Looking at it now I think I missed out - and I am ticked about it. It let me order two times, charged my card two times but no email and no point deduction and its not in my history at all. I only tried it a second time because it did not look like it went thru the first. But I check my card and its on there two times... wtffffffff if I missed it I am going to be pissed off...........

edit and why am I a ghost on my 360 gamercard? geesh nothing is going right for me haha

If they charged you twice, than you should get it twice :D

Anyway just lovely the site goes down when the game is up. Nice going RLS:roll:

So I'm away from the RLS site for a few hours and I miss out on LBP2. Argh. Well, I suppose I've been pretty lucky lately, so I shouldn't complain.

any reason why my the rewards on my rls dont seem to be updating with the newer games (like others)? ive been the rewards everyday for like 2 weeks and have never once seen the newer stuff like sly cooper collection or lbp2. currently all i have in the rewards section (in regards to ps3) are move games and older greatest hits (even resistance 2 went away for some reason). ideas/comments?

- i'd imagine they're just gone because supplies ran out. all the games mentioned above are pretty popular. personally, i can't wait until newer games are posted and i'm looking forward to them having the 2.0 Bluetooth Headsets up. I don't mind logging in every day to no avail; every time i log in helps me win this Q1 contest. lol.

- i just ordered MAG and R&C A Crack in Time last Monday and I just got them today. Super fast shipping. Looks like I'll be snowed in tomorrow so I have some new games to knock out.

- someone mentioned above that LBP2 was only visible to members who have been with the site for 6 months. that's pretty cool that they run a program like that. i was wondering if they are constantly doing this with items in the catalog. for example, right now my catalog is 7 pages long with only two products on the 7th page. do people who have been verified for 6+ months have more items in their catalog?

- tip for people: modnation racers is a cool concept game, but it gets very "meh" after a couple months. rent it before you spend the 2000 or 1500 points on here.

The current items that are advocate only eligible are: USB AC Adapter (for charging any USB items), charging cradle for PSP Go, PSP Go headset, HDMI cable, and PSP Go traveler case.

The biggest benefit to being an advocate comes with regard to new release games. Advocates have early access to purchasing new release games (such as Little Big Planet) usually within a week of when the game releases. Non-advocates have to wait 90 days after the game's release to order it.

Kirschner: from the way you worded it I'm not sure if you're aware, but Advocates aren't just folks who've been with the site for six months, they actually have to log in at least once a month and then maintain that to keep the Advocate status.

Since the quarterly contests reward you for logging in each day, there's no reason not to do so. I should probably make that site my homepage, honestly.

Awesome. I was surprised with a Free Playstation move starter bundle today. This site is awesome

thanks for filling me in on what an advocate member is, guys. and that's awesome, JG. sony is badass.

looks like they are clearing out room in their catalog for new stuff; their twitter said they will be updating it soon but don't know when they are getting their shipment of new items in.

They restocked a bunch of items today. I picked up The Fight Lights Out and Sly Cooper Collection. Check the site before everything runs out again. No GT5 or LBP2. :(

What games were added today? I got the txt on my phone they restocked but was at work so couldn't check. Don't care about point values.

Only new stuff I see PS3-wise is controllers (which I'm def going to grab one), Heavy Rain, The Fight, Sly Cooper (which I bought for $30 a couple weeks back, SO MAD!) and Uncharted 2 GOTY.

Secured my copy of Heavy Rain earlier and couldn't be happier. It seems that it's already out of stock too. Now just to wait for them to restock GT5 and I'll be good for a while. =]

- i just ordered MAG and R&C A Crack in Time last Monday and I just got them today. Super fast shipping. Looks like I'll be snowed in tomorrow so I have some new games to knock out.

Question about the games you received. Are they both "Greatest Hits" version? or black label. Thanks in advance.

Just curious, to anyone who's picked up Heavy Rain somewhat recently, are the copies the Move Edition or the original?

Hopefully the copies will have slashed UPCs. The drill hole on my Uncharted 2 manual looked pretty bad. The drilling also broke one of the insert holder clips also which was kinda annoying. Luckily I had an extra case to fix that right up.

First time posting a thread, so if this doesn't qualify as a valid deal feel free to move or delete this post (or flame me until I'm crispy).

For those people that have sony rewards account (www.sonyrewards.com) you might be interested in knowing that they now have the individual Move controllers available for purchase with your reward points. Last time they had these available was in December and they were only listed for a day before they were removed (I assume there's a limited inventory of these allocated to the reward site).

Their new policy of adding tax and shipping costs blows (it was 500 points shipping per controller, so $5 each), but the controllers are available. So you can get them for "free" if you have been saving up your points.

-JamesF.

I got the PS Move with the bonus game offer through Sony Style and just did a purchase credit redemption. Works out better that way as I also got points for ordering the bundle. Now I just have to wait to get my statement credit.

I think the purchase credit is the best way to go regardless since you can get it at Amazon or Newegg for like $95 shipped and no taxes (for most)

edit: Didn't notice this was just for the controller

[quote name='madbst']Nice, is the price inflated?[/QUOTE]

Not really, it's 4,999 points, which equates to $49.99. I'm pretty sure that's the MSRP.

-JamesF.

Why did a mod move the previous 5 posts from the thread they were in?
The RLS program (retail sales) and Sony Rewards Program (consumer) are completely different.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I got the PS Move with the bonus game offer through Sony Style and just did a purchase credit redemption. Works out better that way as I also got points for ordering the bundle. Now I just have to wait to get my statement credit.

I think the purchase credit is the best way to go regardless since you can get it at Amazon or Newegg for like $95 shipped and no taxes (for most)[/QUOTE]

Good point. I had considered doing that since it would have saved me the shipping costs at the very least and as you point out nets you even more points from the purchase. But I was talking about the availability of the individual Move controller, not the bundle (I'm assuming you're referencing the bundle since I don't think the individual controller should be $95). Plus the legalize on the Purchase Credit form left me feeling ill at ease.

Requests must be made within 60 days of your qualifying Sony purchase. All purchases must be from an Authorized Retailer using your Sony Credit Card. Please allow up to (2) billing cycles for your credit to be applied.

You just have to remember to make sure to use your Sony card when you make the actual purchase for that to work and that the place you purchase it from is an authorized retailer, which according to their online stuff Amazon is. However, I don't know if the individual Move controller on Amazon right now is actually being sold by Amazon or if it is an affiliate (Amazon currently shows the price of an individual Move controller as being $58, which seems too high).

My biggest issue was when I talked to a customer service rep at one point they were vague on what would qualify. I'm not convinced she knew for sure what she was talking about, but she heavily implied that the item had to be listed as a reward item (which if it goes out of stock, it gets removed from the reward list).

Let me know if it works for you, since I may try to go that route in the future. But given that Amazon was currently charging $58 and with the shipping and tax it was just under $58 from the reward site, it seemed like a wash.

[quote name='xblaze23']Question about the games you received. Are they both "Greatest Hits" version? or black label. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

both were greatest hits version

I just became an advocate. Hopefully there will be some better advocate stuff than what I'm seeing, like controllers, or a bluetooth headset.

bread's done
Back