The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I haven't been too keen on these bundles lately. The part that really irks me about it is they make it sound so cool on the twitter feed that they make these games bundles and subsequently charge you a bunch more for them.[/QUOTE]

I bought it anyway. Bag looks pretty cool too. Can't really complain, since the game is still $60 everywhere else.

[quote name='bigant262']I bought it anyway. Bag looks pretty cool too. Can't really complain, since the game is still $60 everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

This. $25 for the game I'm sure I'll beat and trade in a month or two for that or a little less? These bundles can be hit (GT5) or Miss (the show) I'm actually kind of excited to see if they do one for Uncharted though

I keep trying to register for the site but I've been getting an "Under Maintenance" error for the past 3 days. Its starting to infuriate me.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I haven't been too keen on these bundles lately. The part that really irks me about it is they make it sound so cool on the twitter feed that they make these games bundles and subsequently charge you a bunch more for them.[/QUOTE]
True but infamous 1 is still running for a $30 MSRP so i feel like $25 for a brand new game is pretty solid even if it does come with a backpack.

why does rls set your status to Non-Verified between the time you send in a paystub to when they actually look at it? I still should be verified for 20 more days, thats why I sent it in now.

SO I am not a fan of the bundles they put up. Ya, I can understand it and ya, it is still a good deal. BUT if they are going to do it they should still be quick about putting the solo game up. Where is MLB !! solo? How long will it take for inFAMOUS 2? I am a cheap ass - and I work retail lol, I am not going to spend extra money on something I do not want. Really the only game I can even think about seeing myself buy the bundle is Uncharted 3.

I think the stuff they are selling with tthe game is stuff the reps should be giving out - like they did back in the day. I have some of the coolest stuff from my old PS rep.

my login information hasn't been working, and i know it's active because i just got the e-mail saying i'm now an advocate. i asked them on twitter to no avail... is it working for you guys too?

[quote name='copakirschner']my login information hasn't been working, and i know it's active because i just got the e-mail saying i'm now an advocate. i asked them on twitter to no avail... is it working for you guys too?[/QUOTE]
What sort of problem are you having? Like for me when I log in it just flashes back to the login screen. Most of the time I have to go o the playstation.com site log in there and then go back to the RLS.

Just confirmed that when a game comes out and they put that package up on the RLS thats the last tiem you will see it for 90 days. So for me at least its pointless for them even to put it up. I guess it is how bad you want the game. But now I do hate the packages. :hot:

Got my Jungle Green DS3 today...12 weeks after I ordered it. I'm glad I have 7 controllers now, but still mulling if I should make a complaint to Sony.

[quote name='fuss']Just confirmed that when a game comes out and they put that package up on the RLS thats the last tiem you will see it for 90 days. So for me at least its pointless for them even to put it up. I guess it is how bad you want the game. But now I do hate the packages. :hot:[/QUOTE]

They make extra money, and people spend less than buying it in a store. Win/Win. I'm curious as to if they're gonna do something with Uncharted. Also, I'm hoping to get Infamous tomorrow (small chance, but last day off in a while)

I just recently joined this program and finally got my employment verified.

I want to get the basics down. Skimming through some posts in this thread, it is suggested that I need to be a member for at least 6 months and use the site casually to have my membership level upgrade to advocate. Only then I will see more and better items in the catalog. Is that correct?

Is there any other things I should know about this program?

Seems like its easy to earn points from this program. At least compared to Intel's retail program which I'm apart of.

[quote name='spOOfy']I just recently joined this program and finally got my employment verified.

I want to get the basics down. Skimming through some posts in this thread, it is suggested that I need to be a member for at least 6 months and use the site casually to have my membership level upgrade to advocate. Only then I will see more and better items in the catalog. Is that correct?

Is there any other things I should know about this program?

Seems like its easy to earn points from this program. At least compared to Intel's retail program which I'm apart of.[/QUOTE]

The biggest thing i would suggest is make sure you follow Playstation_RLS on twitter.

They announce on twitter right before and when they put the newest material up on their catalog. (most of the time it is only for advocates but some times it in includes non-advocates)

So i got my demo copy of Yoostar 2 today. The amazing thing is that I think its the full retail version even though it says demo disc. So far I haven't found any features disabled and I have been able to unlock trophies. Anyone else notice this?

[quote name='finsfan0210']So i got my demo copy of Yoostar 2 today. The amazing thing is that I think its the full retail version even though it says demo disc. So far I haven't found any features disabled and I have been able to unlock trophies. Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

They have demos on the RLS site?

Really kicking myself for not getting Uncharted 1 months ago when I had the chance. I hope they bring it back for the holiday season.

Would you guys say Wednesday is the most common day RLS adds stuff to the catalog?

Does anyone know if the PSN hacking incident affected RLS advocate status? I was about a month away from obtaining advocate status, but since I wasn't able to log in for basically ALL of May, I was wondering if it reset it =/

[quote name='Graviex']Does anyone know if the PSN hacking incident affected RLS advocate status? I was about a month away from obtaining advocate status, but since I wasn't able to log in for basically ALL of May, I was wondering if it reset it =/[/QUOTE]

They looked into who was close to being an advocate and gave it to them. I got it. :)

Hey kids, looks like Dungeon Siege 3 and MLB '11 The Show for PS3/PSP are up now.

Bluetooth 2.0 headset, Deep Red + MLB '11 The Show dualshock 3's are up now too along with Patapon 3 for PSP, Move controller, navigation controller, Eye camera, all sorts of goodies. A lot of these are for advocates only.

informer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='informer']Hey kids, looks like Dungeon Siege 3 and MLB '11 The Show for PS3/PSP are up now.

Deep Red dualshock 3 up now too along with Patapon 3 for PSP. Move controller, Eye, all sorts of goodies.

informer[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm surprised to see Dungeon Siege considering its not published by Sony.

I had a sony retail training session a few weeks ago, they will start putting more and more 3rd party titles on here as they convince publishers to allow them to. Just fyi

I bought Dungeon Siege 3 and the Move controller. Brand new game and a $50 accessory for $20 is not bad at all.

I'm trying to get 3k more points for the MLB game for my brother.

[quote name='marvelguy68']I had a sony retail training session a few weeks ago, they will start putting more and more 3rd party titles on here as they convince publishers to allow them to. Just fyi[/QUOTE]

That is great news! Since SE is already on there, maybe we can get any future FF title for $10 day one?

Awesome. Got the Red Controller. Would be great to see more 3rd party titles. Hopefully next time it's something better than Dungeon Siege though :)

Thanks whoever posted the deal in the main deals thread. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Has anyone else had trouble getting the advocate items to come up in the catalog after obtaining "expert" status through one of the training sessions? I was advocate before the session and had no problems, but ever since I became expert I can't see the advocate items anymore.

I'm new to the whole Sony RLS thing. I don't see any controllers or Dungeon Siege 3. Is this because I'm not "ranked" high enough? If so how does one gain rank?

[quote name='informer']Hey kids, looks like Dungeon Siege 3 and MLB '11 The Show for PS3/PSP are up now.

Bluetooth 2.0 headset, Deep Red + MLB '11 The Show dualshock 3's are up now too along with Patapon 3 for PSP, Move controller, navigation controller, Eye camera, all sorts of goodies. A lot of these are for advocates only.

informer[/QUOTE]

Someone always beats me to posting here. Grabbed MLB 11 and Dungeon Siege. I am shocked that Dungeon Siege lasted this long. Seems like the new new titles typically go faster than this.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I'm new to the whole Sony RLS thing. I don't see any controllers or Dungeon Siege 3. Is this because I'm not "ranked" high enough? If so how does one gain rank?[/QUOTE]

The highest rank is Advocate and you obtain that by logging on the site at least once a month for 3 months.

[quote name='kennistond']The highest rank is Advocate and you obtain that by logging on the site at least once a month for 3 months.[/QUOTE]

Correction: it's 6 months.

[quote name='VashandWolfwood']Now if I could only remember what my password for PSN is, or Sony gets their password reset page back up.[/QUOTE]
Just do it on your PS3. After poking through some FAQs about resetting your pass the page said the PS3 reset still works. Just log out, click 'forgot password', enter your email/bday and you can reset it.

Also grabbed Dungeon Siege 3. Glad they had a 3rd party game up there but I was more pumped for Shadows Of the Damned today. :p

Missed out on DS3... only question is if this will be restocked in 90 days or not since its a third party title. Very interesting thought hopefully more third party titles will be put up especially during this amazing holiday release schedule.

[quote name='TheHelix']Blast you morning shifts causing me to miss out on Move controllers.[/QUOTE]
Man its great my manager is on the RLS also so we were both there at work with credit cards in hand placing orders off the RLS at work lol.

Can somebody post a pic of the green controller? I still have not seen one in person yet...

And what is expert status? I do not think I have seen that level before..

Oh if you missed the tweet yesterday systems should be up today... my guess is within the next 2 hours.

160GB PS3 with Dungeon Siege 3 and MLB 11 The Show just got listed on page 4. 20,000 points + $200 + $10 shipping.

[quote name='Okatha']160GB PS3 with Dungeon Siege 3 and MLB 11 The Show just got listed on page 4. 20,000 points + $200 + $10 shipping.[/QUOTE]

Only for advocates as well (as stated on their twitter).

[quote name='finsfan0210']So i got my demo copy of Yoostar 2 today. The amazing thing is that I think its the full retail version even though it says demo disc. So far I haven't found any features disabled and I have been able to unlock trophies. Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

Anyone confirm this? Would be nice. Not sure what TRADE DEMO means.

Also, they are refunding money/points for the Green controller. Sucks....they gave me the wrong points back also.

[quote name='doubledown']Anyone confirm this? Would be nice. Not sure what TRADE DEMO means.

Also, they are refunding money/points for the Green controller. Sucks....they gave me the wrong points back also.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you didn't get a green controller. Guess I got lucky then, but it took three complaint letters before I got a response.

[quote name='TheHelix']Sorry you didn't get a green controller. Guess I got lucky then, but it took three complaint letters before I got a response.[/QUOTE]

I did the same....I ordered on 3/21 also. Never got it. Now I can just image how long it will take to get my credit to my CC. Oh well. They should've at least offered to send another color and refund the points and keep my $10 or something like that. It's annoying, because the green controller came back in the RLS after 3/21, so I wonder if those people got it. Maybe they take the Last In, First Out method.

[quote name='doubledown']
Also, they are refunding money/points for the Green controller. Sucks....they gave me the wrong points back also.[/QUOTE]

Whats the story on this?

ANd I got my Yoostar disc today, but it looks like the promo is over with already??

[quote name='fuss']Whats the story on this?

ANd I got my Yoostar disc today, but it looks like the promo is over with already??[/QUOTE]

With the controller? Basically, they no longer make the green controller, so they are refunding points/CC. You have to e-mail CS.

Yoostar? Not sure, is it the FULL game?

[quote name='fuss']Man its great my manager is on the RLS also so we were both there at work with credit cards in hand placing orders off the RLS at work lol.

Can somebody post a pic of the green controller? I still have not seen one in person yet...

And what is expert status? I do not think I have seen that level before..

Oh if you missed the tweet yesterday systems should be up today... my guess is within the next 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

It's something relatively new from what I understand. I attended a company-mandated Sony training event, and our local Sony rep gave us each a card. When you enter the code from it on RLS it changes your status to (in this case) "Gamestop Experts". It gave me access to about 8 extra modules, couple of surveys and at the end they let you pick a bundle of a Sports champions bundle, nav controller, shirt+pin, and a couple of games. Was pretty nice! But it did keep me from seeing any advocate items, I had to email RLS support and they're getting my status changed back to advocate. Being an expert didn't open up any extra rewards in the catalog, just that bundle pack that they let you pick.

[quote name='InactiveFlea']Just a heads up GT5, LBP2, Motorstorm Apocalypse, and socom 4 are back in the catalog!!!![/QUOTE]

Damn I wanted Motorstorm Apocalypse but the RLS is down for me

bread's done
Back