The NEW CAG GTAIV thread-XXX Approved-Update 1.06 out now:decreases lag

Since the apparent death of the original CAG GTA IV night, I've been given permission by xxx(aka bornrunnin31, who ran the other thread) to make this thread.

Anyway, I don't play any specific mode when I play and if you're ok with that lack of organization, then come on in and join our game(s).

We will start out in a Free Mode or Party Mode and I'd rather the members who come in vote democratically for the next mode as opposed to just blurting out the next mode they want.

So, if you want to play, feel free to post in this thread and mention which mode(s) you play regularly. I'm open to playing all of them.

Rockstar released an update(1.06), which decreases lag and allows you to choose your preferences for multiplayer games right from the phone in single player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like 20 people or so looked at this and didn't say anything.:cold:
I'm ready to play anytime although I have been busy alot lately.
I like deathmatch the most, but I will play any mode as long as auto aim is off.
I sent you a text on psn cheapest
I play alot so I am pretty good.

That's the thing though, Truthiness. If we can't get more than 3-4 people and some of you want to invite people from your friends list to fill out the rest of a game, then so be it. We won't discriminate in this new CAG GTA night. Everyone is welcome to join.

Assuming we can get some folks to show up tonight for a game, we may be having a Team Deathmatch game tonight. Anyone up for playing some GTA IV tonight?

Both CAG's and non-CAG's are welcome to play. So if you're gonna show up and play and the game isn't filling out enough, invite your friends who're playing.

OK, so we've now had 77 views but besides Truthiness, Neo-Nut and myself and yet NO ONE else has posted?

I guess this game really IS dead nowadays. But if anyone wants to play we'll be doing Team Deathmatch tonight(or Deal Breaker or another smaller game mode if we don't get many showing up).

Again though, ALL are welcome. If you show up and there's not many people playing, then feel free to invite some friends from PSN.

A lot of the views are probably from those bastards that discriminated against everyone and ruined GTA nite and then went on to play Red Faction. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

I kid. I wish you the best of luck in reviving GTA, lots of great memories playing it, that's for sure!

LOL If my connection were better, I would be playing RF:G with you guys. I ended up shutting off my PS3 a bit ago since only Truthiness and I were on, so it looks like this first attempt at reviving CAG GTA night has failed miserably.

Of course, it also didn't help that my PS3 slim is now making a buzzing noise when it loads anything on GTAIV, which it wasn't doing just last night.:bomb: Hopefully, it'll resolve itself, but if not I have the one year warranty still in place.

That's alright, since it seems like I'm the only one playing the game as of now for tonight anyway. I'm just messing around in a free mode, like always, waiting to see if anyone shows up.

Good to hear you got your PS3 working again though, xxx. The buzzing I reported on earlier with my slim PS3 seems to have gone away too, so I'm happy for that.

I'm going to play through the game (didn't have the trophy patch firmware downloaded when I ran through the game the first time) again soon, I'll join in on online action occasionally.

I couldn't even be bothered to play through the single player a second time, since I found most of the things they changed changed my enjoyment of the title. You have to hunt down 200 pigeons for a gimped attack chopper without rockets. What's the point?

If there's any CAG's out there that need a trophy(or nine) and need a little help getting it, lemme know. Either shoot me a PM and I'll pop onto GTA IV for a bit to get a game organized.

i could definitely use those trophies whenever. I'm in as well whenever something gets put together.

I'll add you after i get some sleep and such.

Just make sure to send a little note with the request to add saying you're from CAG, as I get an insane amount of people wanting to add me after one game.

[quote name='option.iv']Bwahaha, GTA night is dead! Ya hear me? DEAD![/QUOTE]

CAG GTA night may well be dead, but I still play regularly with friends and we routinely get pretty full games going. I play against most of the same people I did almost two years ago when I first got my PS3 online and played my first GTA IV game on there.:D

Hell, even Swavage415 who used to play on CAG night is still around and he has a mic now, so he could hear some of you badmouthing him. :razz: If anyone is around tonight and wants to play, I should be on for a bit, but I didn't get much sleep at all last night so I won't be on TOO late.:cry:

If those dorks couldn't handle me without a mic, can you imagine how much they would hate me with a mic? I am calling out all the cowards that used to play gta 4 on here that wanted me banned lol. Me vs. all you in a tdm. Knowing how wet you all are between the legs I don't expect a response.
Oh yeah I never did anything but beat the blood out of you, and you getting me banned for a few weeks just helped me be able to get superstreet fighter 4 instead of paying 20 for the original sf4. At first I was pissed but know that I know about ssf4 I say thanks for getting me banned because I am a good player at gta. Lol one of the best players at the game deleted me yesterday cause I didn't go on his team and I killed him about 20 times with blips far on a couple of turf wars.

ps I have never kicked a good player unless they had a terrible connection.
I delete them when they play auto aim or never change modes.

All of the people who used to play this on Weds nights have moved on to Red Faction and I think a few of them sold their copies of this game, Neo. So I don't think any of them will respond to this at all.

Tell you what Cheapest when the game drops to 200-250 points on Goozex, I'll pick it up again and join you in the mayhem

Hopefully with dirtbiking under water

[quote name='Neo-Nut']If those dorks couldn't handle me without a mic, can you imagine how much they would hate me with a mic? I am calling out all the cowards that used to play gta 4 on here that wanted me banned lol. Me vs. all you in a tdm. Knowing how wet you all are between the legs I don't expect a response.
Oh yeah I never did anything but beat the blood out of you, and you getting me banned for a few weeks just helped me be able to get superstreet fighter 4 instead of paying 20 for the original sf4. At first I was pissed but know that I know about ssf4 I say thanks for getting me banned because I am a good player at gta. Lol one of the best players at the game deleted me yesterday cause I didn't go on his team and I killed him about 20 times with blips far on a couple of turf wars.

ps I have never kicked a good player unless they had a terrible connection.
I delete them when they play auto aim or never change modes.[/QUOTE]

Well since you put that way I am definitely going to accept your challenge!!!! :roll:

His grammar just reflects that he's:
A). Ignorant
B). Too poor to buy a mike/other ps3 games

Tell you what Neo I'll gladly work you over in Uncharted or RF Hammers/Snipers!

[quote name='kube00']Tell you what Cheapest when the game drops to 200-250 points on Goozex, I'll pick it up again and join you in the mayhem

Hopefully with dirtbiking under water[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to get a bike in that one glitch for a loooong time now(though not in a while) and it's a pita. But it IS doable.

I've been messing with the swingset glitch every other night lately though, since it's still pretty damn fun. You can typically send a car flying about 10-12 blocks from the one swingset in Dukes/Broker over the one park and sometimes even down by where Brucies' garage is.:D

Only if my buddy Neo-nut (swavage???) is there!!!!!!! And we have far blips!!!!! And insert random Street Fighter 4 matches in there too! I call Guile!

[quote name='Neo-Nut']If those dorks couldn't handle me without a mic, can you imagine how much they would hate me with a mic? I am calling out all the cowards that used to play RAAWWRRR!

...few weeks just helped me be able to get superstreet fighter 4 instead of paying 20 for the original sf4. At first I was pissed but know that I know about ssf4 I say thanks for getting me HURRRRRR!!

...deleted me yesterday cause I didn't go on his team and I killed him about 20 times with blips far on a couple of turf wars.

ps I have never kicked GRRRRRRAWWRRRR!!!1! [/QUOTE]

Oh this thread brings back great memories. :cool:

Like seriously, are you on your 10th CAG account Swav-nuts-whomever? :lol: Nobody cares beyond the amusement factor. Every post you make gets you one step closer to your next ban, and our responses are just flame bait to your asbestos-lined underwear. Step back and relax, you take it all too seriously.

And we drove you to play SF4? Isn't that like the alcoholic that claims he's drinking because his girlfriend dumped him?

And please stop saying blips far. It always gives me an image of zeppelins attacking each other way up in the sky. :lol:

Sorry, I've moved to 360 a while back but I had fun with the CAG nights. Just reading through the thread to see what mayhem you guys have been wreckin'.

Absolutely nothing as of late, Chernobyl, though I've been going through in Free Mode and trying every wall I could to see if I could find a new glitch that hasn't been reported anywhere.

I think I found one last night, but it's a major pain in the ass to get into.

Otherwise, I've been playing against friends in DM/TDM or messing around in Free Mode.

Who's up for some crazy drive-by mayhem?

I just picked up this game & I'm ready to get some gang battles going.

LOL You're not serious, I hope. I even forgot this thread still existed, to be honest.

But if you are serious, we could make up a free mode rampage one of these nights.

Ha, I know this clan won't get started back up. I'm just looking to see if anybody wants to join up & play a few matches here & there.

I've still got a few of the people who used to play this every week on my friends list and I do think a few might come back for a glitching night or something, but I still play this fairly regularly with a few other people on PSN.

Although, most of the time we're messing with the glitched swingset in Dukes/Broker and seeing how far it'll throw our vehicles.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've still got a few of the people who used to play this every week on my friends list and I do think a few might come back for a glitching night or something, but I still play this fairly regularly with a few other people on PSN.

Although, most of the time we're messing with the glitched swingset in Dukes/Broker and seeing how far it'll throw our vehicles.[/QUOTE]Anything sounds good. Mind if I add you on the PSN?

Also, whats the chance of the PS3 owners getting the DLC? Like if it was a 2 year exclusive contract.

I'd be interested in joining in on this. I was playing it so much recently that it broke my 360. Hopefully I should have a new system soon. My gamertag is plagueseason in the mean time though.

Not trying to create a zombie thread or anything, but FYI I got GTA4 on BF and just opened it up. I tried playing DM, but it feels weird after playing so much MW2. I'd be down for messing around sometime.

Alright, so it's been a while since I updated this thread(namely due to my PC slowly dying, so I've been posting from my PS3).

Anyway, if anyone is up for a little Free Mode mayhem or any of the other more organized modes, let me know.

Also, if anyone from the old thread(who I had on my PSN friends list prior but deleted due to them not playing for a loooong time)wants to re-add me, I promise not to run a police car into a gas station this time.:D

bump for game night

BTW, if you send me a friend request, please state you're from CAG since I seem to be getting quite a few random PM's with friend requests lately while playing this game.

LOL If you have nothing else better going on, huh? :razz: That's ok. I may be going up a friend's house in a bit, though I'm gonna pop on my PS3 first to see if I got any friend requests from potential players.

bread's done
Back