The New Official Starcraft Game Arrangement Thread

nooooo i missed it.
i messed around with the sc2 beta, uh, singleplayer, yea
that game is mega fast
i miss bw

Nah, I just used the one that came with the game. It's pretty nutty when you're overflowing with resources and you built 12 ultras with 5/3 upgrades off of 4 expos, and then their second zealot and stalker comes out.

I'll try the V5 AI tonight, at least, if no one wants to play BW.

I would suggest googling Iccup SC2 beta hack - the updated maps and AI scripts are posted cleanly on an iccup page.

lots more maps, 4 AI FFas make things more interesting. Also, zerg in SC2 seems absolutely broken (in a bad way). I should look up some SC2 replays and see if i'm just doing it wrong.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I would suggest googling Iccup SC2 beta hack - the updated maps and AI scripts are posted cleanly on an iccup page.

lots more maps, 4 AI FFas make things more interesting. Also, zerg in SC2 seems absolutely broken (in a bad way). I should look up some SC2 replays and see if i'm just doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]
That page got nuked yesterday, unfortunately.

Yeah, the Zerg seem way too good. They have good units, they can spawn additional larvae with Queen, they have almost instadrops/easy expo protection with Nydus. It's so easy to power drones with them as well, whereas BW was a meticulous balance of deciding whether to militarize or go for economy.

Also the loss of F2-F4 really throws me off. I keep hitting F2 to return to base but it doesn't do anything. =(

[quote name='kainzero']That page got nuked yesterday, unfortunately.

Yeah, the Zerg seem way too good. They have good units, they can spawn additional larvae with Queen, they have almost instadrops/easy expo protection with Nydus. It's so easy to power drones with them as well, whereas BW was a meticulous balance of deciding whether to militarize or go for economy.

Also the loss of F2-F4 really throws me off. I keep hitting F2 to return to base but it doesn't do anything. =([/QUOTE]

I meant the exact opposite. I was doing terrible with zerg. the units seemed really weak compared to SC zerg units, while their costs are much higher.

This is probably why it's in beta as well, so they'll fix most of these issues before it hits retail.

They also said they MIGHT be adding Lan Play, once you go on BNet.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']This is probably why it's in beta as well, so they'll fix most of these issues before it hits retail.[/QUOTE]
I dunno if they even are issues, or if it's a skill thing.

BW tonight?

[quote name='kainzero']BW tonight?[/QUOTE]

If my friends are online, I'm most likely going to play some Supreme Commander 2 with them. If I'm the only one around, I'm up for some Starcraft.

Supcom2 is OK, by the way. It makes a decent stopgap before starcraft 2 comes out, if you want to try something new.

I've been playing SC2 v5.5 AI, I think I really want a beta key to play online.. AI is just not that good hopefully v6 will be better.

[quote name='BattleChicken']I meant the exact opposite. I was doing terrible with zerg. the units seemed really weak compared to SC zerg units, while their costs are much higher.[/QUOTE]

You are doing it wrong... playing online people tend to play zerg and always win. They are incredibly devastating.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']You are doing it wrong... playing online people tend to play zerg and always win. They are incredibly devastating.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I figured that may be the case.. From my play with them, my old favorite unit - the zergling - seems pretty dang useless. I could be doing THAT wrong too, though. We'll see.

When I have some time this weekend, I'll have to hunt down some decent Zerg replays.

I might be up for some games tonight around 10 or 11 pm central (it's 4:00 here now) - anyone else up for that?

actually i fell asleep at 8:30. i must've been real tired. -_-;

i'll be up to play again later tonight, post up when you're on

Ohhh, this is a Starcraft 1 arrangement threaddd... I'm sorry, I just did not read the beginning. Well, I may be down for some SC1 soon.

I was thinking about playing a few games right now, if anyone is interested.

I'll most likely play something else while i wait, but i'll check every 10 minutes or so for posts here.

I think Chicken and I just played the two most one-sided - but in completely opposite ways - games on the exact same map ever...

That FFA we played on Medusa was pretty funny. My buildings were all over the place, it was so hard to macro.

Aye, that was actually the most FFA-like FFA I've ever played. Unfortunately, all those Dragoons and High Templar I built to fight Jarvis' Mutas and Hydras kinda sucked against Kain's Zerglings...

Yeah.. that game was solid. I wish I had grabbed the replay of it. Started out with me attempting to lurker Jarvis, which failed.. then he hit me just as I expanded with a bunch of hydra. Not long after, you hit me with a bunch of tos units.

When I finally decided to go crackling + scourge, when I sent my first attack in to hit Crotch, there was a dark swarm cloud up, though the apparent battle between Jarvis and Crotch was over.. when when I nydused into Jarvis' base at the end, right after I scrapped his tech I see your dragoons walk in.. they were all "What the hell".

It was the most fun FFA I've played.

As I recall, I started by attacking Jarvis, then transitioned over to you, took out your expansion, then back to Jarvis again. Psi Stormed through his front door while his Mutas were in my base and you were cleaning up his main.

You must fill out a brief questionnaire before you can arrange an SC2 game in this thread.

Multiple Choice:
Will you be using Infestors at any time?
A: Yes
B: No

Long Answer:
If you chose "A" in the above, use the space provided below to explain why you are such a fucking whore.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm still confused... can I set up Starcraft 2 games here? I really want to play with some CAGs.[/QUOTE]
they'll play with you if they have keys.

nyah.

but i still like starcraft better.

[quote name='The Crotch']You must fill out a brief questionnaire before you can arrange an SC2 game in this thread.

Multiple Choice:
Will you be using Infestors at any time?
A: Yes
B: No

Long Answer:
If you chose "A" in the above, use the space provided below to explain why you are such a fucking whore.
[/QUOTE]

B

[quote name='kainzero']they'll play with you if they have keys.

nyah.

but i still like starcraft better.[/QUOTE]

Really? There is a community divide between SC1 and SC2? Never knew.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']B[/QUOTE]
Ah shit, I forgot to include the second multiple choice question.
In a Protoss Vs Protoss matchup, will you use warpgates and a proxy pylon to rush your opponent?
A. Yes
B. No

If you choose "A", the long-answer question from before still applies.

[quote name='DarkNessBear'] Really? There is a community divide between SC1 and SC2? Never knew.[/QUOTE]
SC2 is a new and undoubtedly imbalanced game (see: above multiple choice question about Protoss), though far superior to what Starcraft was for many years. And with things as subject to change as they are, it's reasonable for people to stick with the familiar until the details of SC2 get a bit more... hammered out.

On the less reasonable side, some people just go with the whole They Changed It Now It Sucks kind of thing.

And of course, once SC2 becomes a proper game, it'll still be totally legit to prefer SC1. I know I'll miss the old Zealot voices.

Really, the Koreans changed so much about BW that it makes it a completely different game than what Blizzard originally intended.
I remember we played 3s on a Blizzard map a couple weeks ago and I kept LOLing at things like 4 mineral patch only expansions, no natural, island expansions, gas only expansions with 2 ramps, etc.

SC2 is still in beta so there's still a lot to be fleshed out by both gamers and by developers. Until then, I feel like BW is the better game right now. It feels more solid.

Anyone up for 1v1 Brood War tonight?
I don't even care if it's someone like Oktoberfest who will destroy me.

bread's done
Back