The New Play-Asia Coupon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
***All activity here has been moved to the social group: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=451

It's open to anyone, as long as you are a CAG that is signed in. Hopefully this will cut down on the lurker issue.***

Seeing as we had two active threads running, both have been shut down and replaced by this one. There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.
  • If you have a code to share, post it here
  • If you use a posted code, make a post stating such
  • PM'ing codes in exchange for your personal affiliate link is against the rules of CAG
  • This also includes people who post outside links, either their affiliate link, or to other websites that connect to their affiliate links
  • Anyone caught doing this will face action, up to and including banishment. This is now a Zero Tolerance Policy
Support CAG by using the following Affiliate Link:
Play-Asia

And thanks in advance to those who share with the rest!

[quote name='CheapyD']
Q: Can I post my own Affiliate Links or other web site's Affiliate Links? Why not?
A: No. Other sites usually do not allow you to post your own advertisements and this is no different. Just as I don't ask the users to help pay the costs of running this site, it is only fair that I don't host your ads at my expense. While an individual may eventually be able to procure a free game or two by posting their affiliate links here, this is how I keep the site running, pay for site improvements, and put food on my table. Running this site is my full-time job and I do not have any other source of income.

I do not make exceptions to this rule because it would be too confusing to allow it in some situations and not in others. If you receive any enjoyment or benefit from using this free web site, hopefully you can respect and understand this decision.
[/quote]

[quote name='moukamla']

$5 off $50: Comes with almost every purchase from Play-Asia, together with the goods in the form of a piece of paper.

$8 off $50: Emailed to you from Play-Asia during festive seasons (e.g. this holiday season)

$12 off $100: Same as $8 off $50 coupon

$10 off $100: Given away as a promotion by StrikeBang.com. But the promotion has ended.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RollingSkull']Yes, share it with all the lurkers who don't bother posting when they take it. Good plan, champ. Good plan.[/QUOTE]

If you don't like the rules, then stay out of the thread.

[quote name='sp00ge']If you don't like the rules, then stay out of the thread.[/QUOTE]

The rules don't say anything about PMing to make sure lurkers don't steal codes. As well they shouldn't; if someone is worried about that, it's reasonable for them to give their code via PM. No need to be a sourpuss about it. -.-

I personally don't care that much, but it's easy to see why someone might. After all, this very thread is on the first page of results when anyone googles "play asia coupon." You don't even need to register to see it. Why risk giving the code to someone who'll never come back to the site ever again? Sure, the ">1 month >20 posts" guy might be going too far, but it's not technically against the rules.

Maybe a better way would be to write a partially obfuscated code, and then say to replace the symbols # and % with (for example) the second and fourth letters in Cheapy's last name. That way, any CAG will have no problem using the coupon, but code snipers will be slowed down. Just an idea.

Lastly, please don't nonchalantly tell contributors to "stay out of this thread." It would be a shame if they actually did that, now wouldn't it? Reading that sure made me feel less welcome here, at least. Thanks.

[quote name='sp00ge']If you don't like the rules, then stay out of the thread.[/QUOTE]
Quite alright. The trash can requires less effort and is more grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back