The Nightmare Before Christmas DVD

Its seems kind of hard to especially since I tried Amazon, BN, SamGoody, CircuitCity, BestBuy, Buy.com, CompUSA, DisneyShopping.com, JR.com, Sears, Walmart, Kmart and they were all out of stock.

They're coming out with a newer version, IIRC.
edit. Damn, Amazon has them selling for $50 now. Something else I can pawn for college money.

When are they going to come out with the newer version? If its in 2010 then I might as well try even harder to search out this pin that is in the haystack.

Probably because it's just that time of the year, it is a holiday a movie after all.

I looked online at a few stores, and they are indeed out of stock. It's pretty weird, you usually see multiple copies collecting dust at every B&M store.

Good Luck it's in the "vault" has been for about 6 months, friend of mine has been trying to track a copy down also and has found nothing online. So by the Disney calculator it should be re-released in about 6 months to a year then back to the vault.

When I went to Disney World in the summer, I remember seeing copies of the DVD there.
I think the DVD is getting re-released though, since they just showed the movie in 3D around Halloween time.

[quote name='6669']When I went to Disney World in the summer, I remember seeing copies of the DVD there.
I think the DVD is getting re-released though, since they just showed the movie in 3D around Halloween time.[/QUOTE]

I got the 6 month figure from a clerk at the Disney store, she said they pulled it about 3 months before the 3D release. Funny part is my friend went to a FYE looking for it and the guy there told him that he had like six copies until he put them on the X-mas display they sold out that day.. This was last Friday

Why does Disney always have to send such great movies back to the vault? (rhetorical question)
Yup..the 3-D movie made the DVD sell out

Because a better edition is coming. That is why.

(God forbid they might actually *gasp* give us a freakin anamorphic widescreen transfer this time around)

[quote name='edwardchu_333']Why does Disney always have to send such great movies back to the vault? (rhetorical question)
Yup..the 3-D movie made the DVD sell out[/QUOTE]
IDK. I know they're coming out with a newer Chronicles of Narnia (on the 12th, IIRC), and then putting it in the vault at the end of the year. That means we only have a few weeks to get it.

[quote name='6669']When I went to Disney World in the summer, I remember seeing copies of the DVD there.
I think the DVD is getting re-released though, since they just showed the movie in 3D around Halloween time.[/quote]
Yeah, they'll probably release that version.

I wonder if those copies are really selling for $49.99+? As I might just have to sell mine, and just patiently wait for the new version.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, they'll probably release that version.

I wonder if those copies are really selling for $49.99+? As I might just have to sell mine, and just patiently wait for the new version.[/QUOTE]
That would kick ass if they released a 3D DVD. That would make me wanna buy it again.

I wonder if those copies are really selling for $49.99+? As I might just have to sell mine, and just patiently wait for the new version.[/QUOTE]

I think the going rate on eBay is about 40.00

[quote name='Demolition Man'](God forbid they might actually *gasp* give us a freakin anamorphic widescreen transfer this time around)[/QUOTE]

I hope so, and a better Transfer the special edition was a ton better then the first edition but it could have been better. I think it will be the 3d version when it's re-released.

I wonder if those copies are really selling for $49.99+? As I might just have to sell mine, and just patiently wait for the new version.[/quote]

I don't know if there will be a new version coming soon, especially since I don't think there was an announcement about it.

[quote name='edwardchu_333']I don't know if there will be a new version coming soon, especially since I don't think there was an announcement about it.[/QUOTE]
I remember hearing something about a newer version coming out.

I have an opened, but very good condition copy of that movie sitting on my media rack right now.

Of all DVD junkies, Disney collectors have it the worst of all...

and I thought it sucked for my wallet when I first started collecting (good) anime... o_O

[quote name='Sailorneorune']I have an opened, but very good condition copy of that movie sitting on my media rack right now.

Of all DVD junkies, Disney collectors have it the worst of all...

and I thought it sucked for my wallet when I first started collecting (good) anime... o_O[/quote]

You can say that again.

bread's done
Back