The Nintendo is Doomed OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='flowery']Will CC price match a DVD that was part of the 3 for 30 or 11.99 sale at BB this week. I have never tried to price match and I don't want to go across town to BB or look like an idiot asking for a price match.[/QUOTE]

Just take the BB add into CC tell them you don't like BB and ask if they will match the price. Worst case they say no and you walk out.

[quote name='Moxio']I don't know crap about TVs, but does your treadmill consume power while off? Sounds like it might not be getting enough power? *shrugs*[/QUOTE]

Browsed through the manual, doesn't say anything about that. I'll look through it more extensively tomorrow. I just browsed through troubleshooting, so I supposed I'll look through it more tomorrow.

Thanks for trying to help!

[quote name='dcfox']Yeah, I know I was being incredibly vague there, but I wasn't really looking for anything in particular. Just some sites where I could browse around and see what catches my eye.

And on a side note, I think that was the first time I used the :roll: smiley in months. You should feel honored jmcc :lol:[/QUOTE]
Um...http://www.topwalls.com/ maybe?

So, I've got everything put together, and now I'm just installing HL2. This is incredible, how fast this computer is. And how good everything looks. I think I might cry. :lol:

[quote name='Tiphireth']So, I've got everything put together, and now I'm just installing HL2. This is incredible, how fast this computer is. And how good everything looks. I think I might cry. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I hate you. :cry:

Hooray! - I got a black iPod Video!

Boooo! - It has a tiny glitchy pixel ("green" doesn't work) and Apple says its "within normal bounds"

Hooray! - Tokobots is a cool game!

[quote name='flowery']Will CC price match a DVD that was part of the 3 for 30 or 11.99 sale at BB this week. I have never tried to price match and I don't want to go across town to BB or look like an idiot asking for a price match.[/QUOTE]

I've pricematched BB's 2 for $20 / 3 for $30 / etc. deals at Circuit City before. They will manually change the price of the DVDs to $9.99.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Just saw a concert commercial for "Queen with Paul Rodgers"......it isn't Queen without Freddy Mercury!![/QUOTE]

:applause:

I completely agree. Without Mercury, it isn't the same.

[quote name='Tiphireth']So, I've got everything put together, and now I'm just installing HL2. This is incredible, how fast this computer is. And how good everything looks. I think I might cry. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Enjoy. I loved it when I got my new computer. Made my old one seem like a piece of crap. I still love this computer! :D

Hmm I have yet to build my AMD Athlon 64 +3200 nvidia GeForce 6800 with 1gb ram computer.....this'll blow my 6 year old 700mhz 6mb ram Compaq presario to hell. I have all the parts.....how long does it take to build a computer with online directions??

[quote name='crazytalkx']Hmm I have yet to build my AMD Athlon 64 +3200 nvidia GeForce 6800 with 1gb ram computer.....this'll blow my 6 year old 700mhz 6mb ram Compaq presario to hell. I have all the parts.....how long does it take to build a computer with online directions??[/QUOTE]
A few hours if you know what you're doing, though I've heard some guides suggest taking it slowly and doing it over a few days.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Hmm I have yet to build my AMD Athlon 64 +3200 nvidia GeForce 6800 with 1gb ram computer.....this'll blow my 6 year old 700mhz 6mb ram Compaq presario to hell. I have all the parts.....how long does it take to build a computer with online directions??[/QUOTE]

have you got any games to test it out after you hook everything up?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']have you got any games to test it out after you hook everything up?[/QUOTE]

Just Doom 3, should be a good test though.

Varies on skill level. It's generally a pretty lengthy process of concentration and (if a first-time builder) frustration. I'd clear my entire day to deal with it properly.

[quote name='Moxio']Varies on skill level. It's generally a pretty lengthy process of concentration and (if a first-time builder) frustration. I'd clear my entire day to deal with it properly.[/QUOTE]

I built mine this evening. I'd wage it took four hours, but I knew what process I was doing it in. Of course, four hours was just building, I've spent since 1900 configging. But it is so worth it. :drool::drool::drool:

And my boss let me borrow a hub so I can transger my old pr0- I mean, old files to this computer. :D

Hell, building the pc is the easy part, the hard part is tweaking and configging your programs. But, then again, I built my first pc when I was 8...

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Hell, building the pc is the easy part, the hard part is tweaking and configging your programs. But, then again, I built my first pc when I was 8...[/QUOTE]

And that was last year! :D Im kidding im kidding.

My first 2 home built computers succumbed to static electricity, and I was wearing a wrist strap and everything. I blame society!

[quote name='Danro']And that was last year! :D Im kidding im kidding.

My first 2 home built computers succumbed to static electricity, and I was wearing a wrist strap and everything. I blame society![/QUOTE]

Give some credit to our public schools

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Give some credit to our public schools[/QUOTE]
Maybe if they kept the kids in all year round and didn't allow them internet access I'd give them credit, but I'm already sick of the turds crapping up the various forums I visit, so no credit to them. In fact, only boos for them. Boooo!

My high school, around the time I was in 9th 'til 11th, had Apple IIs in the computer classes. And the kicker, as if "in the computer classes" wasn't, this was 1998 - 2001. My last year of high school was when we got high-end computers...

I'm being facetious when I say Apple II... but they were old-ass Macs that could "run" Netscape and had the shit-ass Mac Jigsaw Puzzle game. The one with 9 square jigsaw pieces... What a game.

The DS is a gift from the Gods.

The DS is a God.

If I had to do a commercial for the DS I would have rearchers being taken to a holy ceremony by some remote south american indian tribe. They discover the tribesmen bowing prostrate to a giant DS on a pedestal. So the anthropologists ask about what's on the pedastal. And the translator replies, "That's DS, the touchable god. Go on, touch it."

So the anthropologists creeps forward and tentatively taps the gian touchscreen. And on the top screen a huge face of mario pops up. And all the tribesmen gasp in awe and then start dancing.

That would make a great DS commercial.

So, Ackbar, when did you get your DS? Christmas?

Right now I'm wondering if I should order Electroplankton from Outpost now, or just wait and get it from Nintendo. I think I'll wait.

[quote name='Brak']My high school, around the time I was in 9th 'til 11th, had Apple IIs in the computer classes. And the kicker, as if "in the computer classes" wasn't, this was 1998 - 2001. My last year of high school was when we got high-end computers...

I'm being facetious when I say Apple II... but they were old-ass Macs that could "run" Netscape and had the shit-ass Mac Jigsaw Puzzle game. The one with 9 square jigsaw pieces... What a game.[/QUOTE]

I am also too familiar with those Apple computers. The 9 piece puzzle... forgot about that. :lol:

[quote name='sixersballernum3']So, Ackbar, when did you get your DS? Christmas?

Right now I'm wondering if I should order Electroplankton from Outpost now, or just wait and get it from Nintendo. I think I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up during the Target price mistake. But I didn't open it until Christmas day.

I really like the blue color. So far I've only played Metroid Pinball, Lunar, and FFi&II on it. So I can't wait to get into the better DS games.

Also, I've found a better way to hold it, by cupping it more. It's still a litle awkward but not as bad as before.

All I can say is definitely get Trauma Center. So addictive. Though sometimes the surgeries can be a wee bit annoying.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I picked it up during the Target price mistake. But I didn't open it until Christmas day.

I really like the blue color. So far I've only played Metroid Pinball, Lunar, and FFi&II on it. So I can't wait to get into the better DS games.

Also, I've found a better way to hold it, by cupping it more. It's still a litle awkward but not as bad as before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've yet to play the great titles.

How is Metroid Pinball for the price? I was considering getting it a few weeks ago, but never did. I suck at pinball. But I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Yeah, after a while my hands start to hurt. I find cupping it helps as well.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Yeah, you've yet to play the great titles.

How is Metroid Pinball for the price? I was considering getting it a few weeks ago, but never did. I suck at pinball. But I'm starting to have second thoughts.

Yeah, after a while my hands start to hurt. I find cupping it helps as well.[/QUOTE]

I started with metorid pinball to try the rumble pacl. The rumble pakc is okay. It's not as strong as I thought it would be.

I suck at Pinball too. Metroid Pinball is a great game, but I can't unlock anything. It's hard to unlockl the boards, and you onl;y start with two. It would be better if they had started with five or six boards and made the rest unlockable. Instead of just two.

Basically, the only hot game I don;t have is Animal Crossings.

I have...

Wario Touched
Advance Wars
Lunar DS
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Mario & Luigi
Metroid Pinball
Meteos
Kirby
Viewtiful Joe
Mario Kart.

I now need to get the Wi-Fi adapter since my wireless ruter doesn't support Wi-fi.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I started with metorid pinball to try the rumble pacl. The rumble pakc is okay. It's not as strong as I thought it would be.

I suck at Pinball too. Metroid Pinball is a great game, but I can't unlock anything. It's hard to unlockl the boards, and you onl;y start with two. It would be better if they had started with five or six boards and made the rest unlockable. Instead of just two.

Basically, the only hot game I don;t have is Animal Crossings.

I have...

Wario Touched
Advance Wars
Lunar DS
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Mario & Luigi
Metroid Pinball
Meteos
Kirby
Viewtiful Joe
Mario Kart.

I now need to get the Wi-Fi adapter since my wireless ruter doesn't support Wi-fi.[/QUOTE]
Are you drunk right now?

Ackbar- Wow, you've got some great games there. If you can ever find them used, I'd like to reccomended Pac N Roll and Pac Pix. Both games are really fun, and Pac Pix is like no other.

lionhart- Yeah, that was me. Thanks for the info. Suddenly, that date isn't far away at all. When I think of January 06 release dates, it still sounds like it's a ways away, at least to me. I guess I don't really realize there's only four days of 2005 left.

Hmmm...Star Ocean: Til the End of Time gets a whole lot more fun once they take the fun tax away and let you play with all the fun parts of the game, such as the item creation system. I'm having way too much fun just making random items for the hell of it.

[quote name='jmcc']Maybe if they kept the kids in all year round and didn't allow them internet access I'd give them credit, but I'm already sick of the turds crapping up the various forums I visit, so no credit to them. In fact, only boos for them. Boooo![/QUOTE]

Hmm. Forums you visit get crapped on.
Let us think. A simple analysis begs us to ask for constants.

The chief amongst these is that you post on them. ;)

However, it could be content... certain types of boards draw certain types of users.
Example: Politics boards seem to drag out the dregs of society.

[quote name='dcfox']Are you drunk right now?[/QUOTE]
Of course he isn't. Whatever gave you that idea? ;)

iPod video = sexy. Finding a case that suits my OCD, however, is not. It turns out that the style my mom had, where the screen is covered with vinyl but the scroll wheel isn't, doesn't actually exist for the Video models. I finally found me a nice leather case, though, so all is good.

I also saw King Kong today. Peter Jackson is my new hero. :D

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Hot poop that looks nice :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
Square-enix has mastered the true power of the PS2. With this, KH2 and FFXII, they have shown what the PS2 is really capable of.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Square-enix has mastered the true power of the PS2. With this, KH2 and FFXII, they have shown what the PS2 is really capable of.[/QUOTE]

As long as they don't blow up FF XII, I'll be happy.

I once again prove that I am the master of losing things. So I take out my mp3 player as I'm about to transfer some songs onto it. 10 minutes later, I have no idea where it is.

[quote name='dcfox']Are you drunk right now?[/QUOTE]

I'm just high on life!

Those pictures look too good. Suspension of disbelief failing me! That's gotta be a PS3 game.

I hope the guy who fixes dell monitors gets back with me soon about my question. It has made playing games almost impossible (KOTOR and Raven Shield cause the monitor to shut off several times and take forever for the screen to boot back up). The only game that has no problems with the monitor is UT

also bring on the next gogamer sale. I am in the buying mood so throw me a bone and put some good games on sale for cheap and nothing I just bought within the past three months

[quote name='JSweeney']Hmm. Forums you visit get crapped on.
Let us think. A simple analysis begs us to ask for constants.

The chief amongst these is that you post on them. ;)

However, it could be content... certain types of boards draw certain types of users.
Example: Politics boards seem to drag out the dregs of society.[/QUOTE]
No, it's every break or vacation, regardless of board content. It's like the kids have a bunch of pent up stupid they have to get out of their systems by trolling.

[quote name='dcfox']I once again prove that I am the master of losing things. So I take out my mp3 player as I'm about to transfer some songs onto it. 10 minutes later, I have no idea where it is.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I found it. I'm such an idiot :dunce:

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Square-enix has mastered the true power of the PS2. With this, KH2 and FFXII, they have shown what the PS2 is really capable of.[/QUOTE]
I get the feeling there's some kind of catch attached. KH2 didn't impress me all that much - maybe it's the fact that it's been a while since I've seen stills, but it didn't look all that different from the first game to me. It looks nice now, but will it be the same when it ships?

To be fair, though, still don't do it for me anymore. I tend to reserve judgement until I play the game...and even then, the graphics don't make or break for me.

Maybe it's all just bitterness over not having a current console at college? As much as I love my DC and N64, they're just not quite as shiny as the Xboxes and GameCubes down the hall. ;)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I get the feeling there's some kind of catch attached. KH2 didn't impress me all that much - maybe it's the fact that it's been a while since I've seen stills, but it didn't look all that different from the first game to me. It looks nice now, but will it be the same when it ships?

To be fair, though, still don't do it for me anymore. I tend to reserve judgement until I play the game...and even then, the graphics don't make or break for me.

Maybe it's all just bitterness over not having a current console at college? As much as I love my DC and N64, they're just not quite as shiny as the Xboxes and GameCubes down the hall. ;)[/QUOTE]
Gamecubes are so cheap these days. Sell some blood and pick one up used.

So I bought Need For Speed Most Wanted yesterday. I've been wanting to play this for a while now.

Yet I haven't even opened it because I've been preoccupied with the Atari Flashback. Mainly Pong, Caverns of Mars, Fatal Run, and River Raid.

What the hell?

George Clooney on Leno:

"I have to pay everyone when the show that movie[Batman & Robin]...does handing out money gesture...geez I am sorry."

Classic.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']So I bought Need For Speed Most Wanted yesterday. I've been wanting to play this for a while now.

Yet I haven't even opened it because I've been preoccupied with the Atari Flashback. Mainly Pong, Caverns of Mars, Fatal Run, and River Raid.

What the hell?[/QUOTE]
More proof that the classics are indeed better than newer games...and that I don't really need that GameCube that jmcc suggested. :)

If I were to get a console, I'd go PS2 - I've got games that I've been using on my sister's console while I'm at home, and there's a surprising lack of them in my part of the dorm. Still, the DS looks tempting right now, more than any console does. Funny how that works, isn't it?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']More proof that the classics are indeed better than newer games...and that I don't really need that GameCube that jmcc suggested. :)

If I were to get a console, I'd go PS2 - I've got games that I've been using on my sister's console while I'm at home, and there's a surprising lack of them in my part of the dorm. Still, the DS looks tempting right now, more than any console does. Funny how that works, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

If you're still happy with your DC and N64, and are able to play the PS2 at home, I'd say go with the DS, for something new. Unless you're growing tired of the DC and 64 and need some more console love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back