The Office Season 3 Severance Package [This one doesn't suck!]

nyprimus4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Bestbuy is selling a The Office Season 3 severance package. Unlike last year's craptacular severance package this one is worth the money. Last year's season 2 severance package included sh!t like post-its and a calender.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8447399&st=the+office&lp=10&type=product&cp=1&id=1672564

For a measly $10 more then the just the DVD you get the DVD, a mini Dwight bobblehead, and your own Dundie statue all in a Dundler-Mifflin paper box.

I skipped last year's severance package opping for CC's price mistake at the time pricing S2 at S1's price of $18 but this one is well worth the $40 something it will come out too.

Sold-out online but the store locator works. Seems to be readily available at most of my BB's.

picked this up earlier, the box it comes in is awesome, looks like a box of paper... also checked out target's offering, apparently there is an extra disc of interviews and a script of one of the episodes, that is $37 i think... kinda curious about the season 2 severance box, does anyone have any info or pics of that one?

[quote name='ryanlk']picked this up earlier, the box it comes in is awesome, looks like a box of paper... also checked out target's offering, apparently there is an extra disc of interviews and a script of one of the episodes, that is $37 i think... kinda curious about the season 2 severance box, does anyone have any info or pics of that one?[/quote]
I was interested to just now, because I thought I would try to track down the S2 severance package to complete my Office collection but it really is a rip-off. Plus it included both S1 and S2 which made it more expensive another reason I didn't get it.

http://www.officetally.com/best-buy-severance-package-office-dvd

Season 1, season 2, a notepad, post-its, a pen, and a calender.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I was interested to just now, because I thought I would try to track down the S2 severance package to complete my Office collection but it really is a rip-off. Plus it included both S1 and S2 which made it more expensive another reason I didn't get it.

http://www.officetally.com/best-buy-severance-package-office-dvd

Season 1, season 2, a notepad, post-its, a pen, and a calender.[/quote]

Don't forget about the magnetic Dwight Shrute business card! Oh, and I have one in my TL if anyone's interested.

I thought it was the best show on TV last year. I really didn't get around to watching the new shows last year like Friday night lights and Heroes but I'm trying to a catch up with the few gems like FNL and Heroes DVD releases before there 2nd season starts. I'm going to really try and watch the good shows this year so I don't miss out.

Are bobblehead and award pretty good quality? I'm very tempted, but I figure they're cheap hollow plastic crap. If you tell me otherwise, I'll go grab it tomorrow. Can always use more random crap around my cubicle, especially when everyone there loves the show.

Yeah I picked this up today and I couldn't be happier. I love the series and to get a Dundie statue all the better. The letter from Scott in the box is so funny. Worth the price to me anyway.

For those of you who haven't gotten one yet and plan on trying to find one tomorrow, it might be worth your while to try using the 10% off coupon that expires tomorrow. It says that new releases are excluded but the cashier didn't take notice and took 10% off of mine anyway.

can anyone put up pics of the dundie and bobble head? I assumed they would suck so I ended up getting the dvds at target to get the extra disc. ^_^

[quote name='Mugen Power']For those of you who haven't gotten one yet and plan on trying to find one tomorrow, it might be worth your while to try using the 10% off coupon that expires tomorrow. It says that new releases are excluded but the cashier didn't take notice and took 10% off of mine anyway.[/QUOTE]

i tried to use the coupon for this set and once the guy hit total, no discount came up... then he stood there for 5 minutes reading the fine print and mentioning that its already on sale... did the 10% come off automatically or did the clerk have to manually take it off? might not be worth the trouble to go back to CS and try to get it adjusted...

[quote name='botticus']Which coupon is that? The RZ coupon I got for the holiday expired on Monday.[/quote]

This set of coupons:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/external/emailpdf/082807_sept_ese_coupons.pdf?AID=10474050&PID=404255&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.bestbuy.com%2FBestBuy_US%2Fen_US%2Fimages%2Fexternal%2Femailpdf%2F082807_sept_ese_coupons.pdf

[quote name='ryanlk']i tried to use the coupon for this set and once the guy hit total, no discount came up... then he stood there for 5 minutes reading the fine print and mentioning that its already on sale... did the 10% come off automatically or did the clerk have to manually take it off? might not be worth the trouble to go back to CS and try to get it adjusted...[/quote]

The cashier scanned it in and it showed up on the receipt like it does any time I use those kinds of coupons. I'm not sure if she had to do anything special to get it to work.

Since every Best Buy within an hour of me was sold out, I purchased this on Ebay..

I hope I don't regret it, since I paid about 15 ish more then I would have

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']can anyone put up pics of the dundie and bobble head? I assumed they would suck so I ended up getting the dvds at target to get the extra disc. ^_^[/QUOTE]

The bobblehead is *tiny*. They had the extras sitting out at BB last night, and personally I thought the bobblehead looked like crap. If its size & the dundie's had been reversed I might have bit on it. I decided to go for CC's $29.99 price instead.

If the bobblehead was big like the one in the show, I'd be all over it. Guess I'll stick with regular edition. Thanks, though.

[quote name='chicagoz']If the bobblehead was big like the one in the show, I'd be all over it. Guess I'll stick with regular edition. Thanks, though.[/quote]
They sell full sized bobbleheads here.
I have one, and if you're a fan of the show I recommend picking one up.

[quote name='Kaijufan']They sell full sized bobbleheads here.
I have one, and if you're a fan of the show I recommend picking one up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I have a good friend/co-worker who is both a big fan of The Office and a collector of bobbleheads. Looks like I've just found his Christmas present. :)

My Best Buy had a whole display of these things, probably 20 left over. I picked mine up today for $46 with tax. The box is awesome, inside the lid cover there is a shrute buck, letter from michael is funny as hell, dundee statue feels and looks like a real trophy, the bobble head is a miny but is not plastic, same material as the bigger one but about 1/4 scale. YMMV on the price but it's worth a look. I pre ordered from barnes and noble so now that will be going onto my trade list if anyone needs the third season of The Office AKA greatest show on tv!!!

Just to throw this out there: FYE has the Office S3 for $24.99 After Rebate ($10). That's the cheapest anywhere, but you have deal with the dreaded FYE Rebate (they're getting much better lately)...

I don't know if I wanted to or not, but I bit on this. They actually had quite a few at my store (a handful up front near the door and 4 on top of the new release shelf).

I figure I just got my own office after being in a cubicle for three years, so it's hard to resist some cool shit to populate it with.

Someone asked for a pic of the extras:

dundiedwighten9.jpg

[quote name='Kerig']Just to throw this out there: FYE has the Office S3 for $24.99 After Rebate ($10). That's the cheapest anywhere, but you have deal with the dreaded FYE Rebate (they're getting much better lately)...[/quote]

yea but i dont think that is the Severance package edition

i REALLY want to get this but im all out of my DVD spending $ for this month ... hell probably for the next 2 months.

too bad those extras looks awesome. :cry:

[quote name='bigt7117']Is this set already OOP? Its not on the website anymore!!!![/quote] On the website it's gone but you can still find it instore. The first BB I went to was sold out, but the second one had about four. So you just need to do some searching.

Very happy with the extras. Wouldn't mind a bigger bobblehead, but both it and the Dundie Award are very sturdy pieces.

I'm currently in Asia where these Best Buy exclusives are nowhere to be found. Is there any way someone would be able to pick one of these up for me and send it over to Singapore? Thanks!

bread's done
Back