CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
We are getting close to another season!

648598874_ADs2m-O.jpg

Season 5 Discussion

Season 4 Discussion

Season 3 Discussion

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']i thought season 5 was the weakest one yet, so im really hoping the show rebounds this season.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it was a huge improvement over Season 4. Season 2/3 are still the best, of course.

Looking forward to Season 6. Needs more Jim/Dwight pranks. One of my favorites from Season 5 was the "Performance Review" episode.

___

Can I ask that anyone who posts any kind of spoilers to please tag them. I hate any kind of spoiler; anything from the NBC "next week on The Office" promos to names of episodes themselves. Like last year we found out about Toby coming back early, etc.

Thanks.

[quote name='Strell']Thanks Javery! Once again, I mean.[/QUOTE]

Word.

[quote name='Trakan']Really? I thought it was a huge improvement over Season 4. Season 2/3 are still the best, of course.[/QUOTE]

yeah, if I had to rank them I'd go (from best to worst):

[quote name='Trakan']Can I ask that anyone who posts any kind of spoilers to please tag them. I hate any kind of spoiler; anything from the NBC "next week on The Office" promos to names of episodes themselves. Like last year we found out about Toby coming back early, etc.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]Wait, Toby came back?! Damn, I'm not that far into the DVDs yet. Oh man, I wish I hadn't read that.

Just kidding. :cool:

[quote name='Danimal']Wait, Toby came back?! Damn, I'm not that far into the DVDs yet. Oh man, I wish I hadn't read that.

Just kidding. :cool:
[/QUOTE]

See?! I would have been some sort of asshole. :lol:

I'm already sorry I read that pic javery posted. :cry:

[quote name='Trakan']Really? I thought it was a huge improvement over Season 4. Season 2/3 are still the best, of course.

Looking forward to Season 6. Needs more Jim/Dwight pranks. One of my favorites from Season 5 was the "Performance Review" episode.

___

Can I ask that anyone who posts any kind of spoilers to please tag them. I hate any kind of spoiler; anything from the NBC "next week on The Office" promos to names of episodes themselves. Like last year we found out about Toby coming back early, etc.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Season 5 was a bigger improvement over 4. Of course the episodes have their stagnant moments, but over all, I enjoy it much better.

Does anybody know why Meredith's face looked scalded in that first weight loss episode of season 5?

[quote name='thekeybladewars']
Does anybody know why Meredith's face looked scalded in that first weight loss episode of season 5?
[/QUOTE] IIRC, that was explained in a deleted scene. You may wanna check the website.

[quote name='klwillis45']IIRC, that was explained in a deleted scene. You may wanna check the website.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks!

--------------

I like when the show is simple and based on work-related ethics, newer environments, scenarios, bizarre habits, and not always about love affairs or melodramatic breakdowns. That shit should stay home (although their romance was cute while it lasted, but they have each other now; it's not really a spice anymore, to me) Sometimes when I see the office, I think, wow, this could never happen, but it's hilarious. Then, at other times it's, like, awe, man, this is corny, love bullshit and too much like real life.

Damn, nobody watched tonight?

Overall I thought it was an okay episode. I laughed a few times, nothing too special.

Glad I ended up watching Community too. Looks like it'll be a good show.

I watched. The show's going downhill...Michael is just too ridiculous to believe sometimes and it takes away from it for me.

When Jim and Pam covered for Michael about which rumor was real, he ended up saying "No, the real rumor was Stanley had an affair". Come on, just shut up Michael!

I thought the episode tonight was pretty funny, although I missed like the first half of it.

I loved the scenes when Andy was trying to figure out if he was gay or not.

They could have done better for a season premiere. This one seemed like a random mid-season episode that didn't really go anywhere. The Stanley thing seemed like it really didn't fit but I guess that's part of the randomness of the show.

I agree with courageous...while it had the potential to be one of the better episodes, it didnt feel like the rumors were executed really well. They were just too random to make sense and laugh at. Andy's rumor about being gay was the best one, and even then it wasnt THAT great. I would say the best part is the opening scene with the Parkour stuff since it reminded me of the earlier episodes that had openings that had nothing to do with the plot.

I think most of the episodes in season five are far greater than the season 6 one. However, pretty much any episode involving the Michael Scott Paper Company and Charles are inferior.

[quote name='dustdust']I think most of the episodes in season five are far greater than the season 6 one. However, pretty much any episode involving the Michael Scott Paper Company and Charles are inferior.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. MSPC Forever!

Not bad. I friggen hate Jim and his fake ass charm. He is just there to make GF's hate their BF's.

Community is pretty good, can't wait to see the rest of it.

Good episode overall. I really enjoy the random schemes they do at the beginning of the show; they're kind of an icebreaker and gets you ready to laugh.

I just watched last nights episode. It was hilarious. Dwight's line of one of you would make a very good worker, one of you would earn a living and one of you would make a very good mother to the 3 interns had me cracking me up.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Wow, tough crowd. I enjoyed this episode far more than most of season five.[/QUOTE]

yeah, why no love for this episode. I thought it was hilarious. C'mon - most of this is just gold:

- Angela is dating an 81 year old Quiznos billionaire.
- Kelly is an anorexitic.
- Erin isn't a good worker.
- Andy is gay.
- Stanley is having an affair.
- Creed has asthma. Can't scuba.
- Oscar is the voice of the Taco Bell dog.
- Toby is a virgin.
- Michael is a J. Crew model.
- Pam is pregnant.
- There's another person inside of Kevin, working him with controls.

Also, the line where Dwight said to the interns "One of you will be highly successful, one of you will be average and one of you will make a good mother - it's up to you to figure out which one you are."* was awesome.

* I know I botched the line but whatever.

The Kevin rumor was the best, his delivery of that killed me.

Overall, I thought it was a decent ep, though my standard for Office episodes has gone down in recent years.

That was the gag. Only Michael would miss the obvious Matt Damon look-a-like. I said to my wife, "that guy looks EXACTLY like a young Matt Damon". Then they start that joke at the end, I'm thinking OK... Matt Da..Alan Thicke? What!? Then we laughed and laughed... Oh boy. The end.

The episode wasn't terrible, but I've yet to see a season premiere of any show so far that really blew me away (Fringe, Supernatural, etc). The parkour scene was hilarious and definitely had a little season 2 magic. Honestly, I think they could have built the entire episode around parkour and it would have been classic.

Michael being so insistent on telling the "true rumor" and putting everybody in an awkward position felt like they were really trying to bring back the tension from season 1. Some people might enjoy that stuff, but to me it just comes off as dumb. Yes, we know that Michael is socially retarded, but where do you draw the line between oblivious and intentionally hurtful? Some of it just isn't funny.

Anyway, hope they've got some good ideas for this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally thought the episode last night was mediocre. Though, I am surprised to see that people didn't like season 5, I thought season 5 was really well done.

[quote name='moojuice']The Alan Thicke intern looked more like Matt Damon to me[/QUOTE]
Yea, he also plays a big role on Desperate Housewives... don't ask how I know this.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Another good episode.

Oh yeah, ever since like S4 I've started to hate the whole Jim-Pam thing.[/QUOTE]

That is why they need to bring back Karen!

It always seems like whenever two main characters get together, the critics HATE every single episode afterwards

Lawd...

And I couldn't get past community's first episode.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, he also plays a big role on Desperate Housewives... don't ask how I know this.[/QUOTE]

Yup! But I'm not at all ashamed that I watch that show. :D

The parkour scene at the beginning: BRILLIANT! My wife laughed out loud because they looked like me when I take my kids to the local park. ("I can totally make that jump, maybe.")

Episode seemed ok to me. No one liked Creed's "Who's the OBGYN?" line?

I think it's hilarious the way the episode lets you see into Michael's mind a bit in two ways. The first are the actual rumors themselves, where he reveals what he thinks about people. Andy might be gay, Toby is a virgin. I just think those insights are hilarious on some level. The second is the fact that Michael's solution to spilling the beans about a truly damaging bit of gossip is to up the ante more and more and more, both in volume and insanity, in the hopes that he'll confuse everyone in the end. So he's got this plan that's built upon a sinking ship already.

So a decent opener. Better than the closer for Season 5.

I'm also enjoying Parks and Recreation. I think I might be in the minority there, but the characters are hilarious in their own rights.

Community seemed ok, even if I really dislike the main dood. But I'll keep watching it.

I like Joel McHale on The Soup but Community seemed.... odd. How are they going to get these people in the same room week to week? Study hall? What about if the show goes 5 or 6 seasons? It was an odd premise for sure.

[quote name='Strell']Episode seemed ok to me. No one liked Creed's "Who's the OBGYN?" line?

I think it's hilarious the way the episode lets you see into Michael's mind a bit in two ways. The first are the actual rumors themselves, where he reveals what he thinks about people. Andy might be gay, Toby is a virgin. I just think those insights are hilarious on some level. The second is the fact that Michael's solution to spilling the beans about a truly damaging bit of gossip is to up the ante more and more and more, both in volume and insanity, in the hopes that he'll confuse everyone in the end. So he's got this plan that's built upon a sinking ship already.

So a decent opener. Better than the closer for Season 5.

I'm also enjoying Parks and Recreation. I think I might be in the minority there, but the characters are hilarious in their own rights.

Community seemed ok, even if I really dislike the main dood. But I'll keep watching it.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on Parks and Rec. Basically every character except for Amy Poehler's has been pretty consistently funny the last few episodes of last season and this last one.

[quote name='moojuice']The Alan Thicke intern looked more like Matt Damon to me[/QUOTE]

I know! When he didn't say "Matt Damon" at the end I was like ??

bread's done
Back