The OFFICIAL Batman Begins topic!

js1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Post here to tell us what you think about the movie. I won't be able to see it until sunday(I'm taking my dad out for father's day to see it)

That is a big ass mutha of a sig...ill gladly make you a more stately sig upon request...you might get some complaints about one that big

[quote name='Ozzkev55']That is a big ass mutha of a sig...ill gladly make you a more stately sig upon request...you might get some complaints about one that big[/QUOTE]

Shameless self endorsement. :)

[quote name='Ozzkev55']That is a big ass mutha of a sig...ill gladly make you a more stately sig upon request...you might get some complaints about one that big[/QUOTE]

If you could that would be nice:)

I think more people would be happy that Batman is supposedly back enough to not care about your sig for a while.

By the way, which one is the official batman topic?

[quote name='EnderBui']I think more people would be happy that Batman is supposedly back enough to not care about your sig for a while.

By the way, which one is the official batman topic?[/QUOTE]

he double clicked the submit thread or the site hiccuped.

and I can't wait to see this, but I will probably go next week sometime

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']:applause: Congratulations, you fucked up on making a new thread and came out with two![/QUOTE]

yeah my pc is running slow and I clicked submit 2x and did not realise it! The mods can delete the other one.

I'm going to see Batman Begins this afternoon at 2:30, for free. My brother had some problems with his cell phone, and as a thank you for his troubles, he got 3 sets of 2 movie tickets to any movie of his choice before July 31.

I'm trying to decide what else we'll go see before then.

woke up early today (10 am is early for me) and saw it at 11am. Damn. I loved christian bale in equilibrium, but he was perfect for this role also. The way the story was cut up was very well done, never really taking a moment to drag out too long. It's the best batman IMO, even though I still think Tim Burton's versions are still great classics (which reminds me, charlie and the choclate factory is comming out soon... man, i've watied for that movie since i was probably 6). The best highlights are any scene with commissioner gordon, he was just a genuinely nice guy, and all the action scenes. I may sound shallow saying all this, but it's just better to put down your $7 and go see it (hey, you save money on games, now use that saved money on a good movie.) I give it 5 out of 5 usta-kakas (cheese cakes, in sweedish).

Just saw it.. and I would say I was impressed.... espeically after the last two crap batman moives. This one is just flat out good. Its really well done, and I find it to be the best batman.

They really focus on the building of batman,, and the fear in bruce wayne, and I felt really gave the audience a good look at why and how bruce is batman.

Plus not too much CGI ... which was a plus.

Wow. Just got back from seeing it, and I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. I didn't want to get my hopes up for a really good Batman movie, because I'm a lifelong Batman fan and have pretty much been disappointed by every movie adaptation up until now. The directing was great, though. Most of the acting was really good (with the exception of a certain girlfriend of Tom Cruise). The writing was generally good. Overall, I have to say that I am totally satisfied with the movie.

That movie rocked. It also exceeded all my expectations, but to be honest, they were kind of low. Christian Bale is soooo hot. The franchise has been redeemed *finally*.

Better yet, go see it on IMAX.

Holy fuck-sticks, Batman. This movie is excellent.
I don't want to say anymore 'til y'all have seen it.
Trust me, it's worth your time and money.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Bruce Waynes Parents Die!!!!

Ha!!! I Ruined The Movie!!!![/QUOTE]

You son of a fucking bitch!

J/K :)

Forget everything you have learned about superhero movies because all that is nothing compared to what you witness in Batman Begins. Christopher Nolan has taken superhero movies to a new level which will be difficult to reach. Nolan went beyond the typical action scenes and inside jokes and took a new approach and restored the classic filmmaking. He didn’t concentrate on the fans; he concentrated on the film itself.

Batman Begins tells the story of the origins of the Batman saga. Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale), who goes from a millionaire’s son to a troubled mind with a set goal in mind and that goal, is to avenge the death of his parents that was killed by a homeless man that was “desperate.” Wayne sets out a quest to look for the answer to the question of what to do with his life; Wayne leaves Gotham City and ends up an Asian prison. Ducard (Liam Neeson) finds Wayne and offers him a choice to answer the question that Wayne is looking for the answer for. Ducard trains Wayne with the intention of letting him lead Ra's Al Ghul's army to destroy Gotham. However, Wayne was unfair of these intentions, so Wayne finds himself traveling back to Gotham in hopes of finding a way to protect his tainted home and complete his father’s dreams of turning Gotham into a crime free city. With the help of his family’s butler, Alfred (Michael Caine), and the head of applied science at Wayne Enterprises, Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), Bruce creates a symbol of justice that will strike fear into the enemy. Bruce Wayne becomes Batman. Batman takes on the new head of Wayne Enterprises that is hunger for greed, Mr. Earle (Rutger Hauer), Gotham’s gangster warlord, Carmine Falcone (Tom Wilkinson), and The Scarecrow himself, Dr. Jonathan Crane (Cillian Murphy). He is aided in his fight by the few honest officials left in Gotham, District Attorney Rachel Dawes (Katie Holmes), and the only cop who support Batman from the start, Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman).

If I were to sum up Batman Begins in one word, I’d say “fear.” Nevertheless, I can use other words, and so I shall; Batman Begins develops vengeance, corruption, and family in a perfect time frame. We learn everything we need to about Batman, such as the problems he faced as child which led to the reason for why Wayne went with the Batman getup with a few nice flashbacks. Everything is neatly done to go side-by-side with the story as it develops. Nolan doesn’t quickly put us in a position to question why anything is; rather we think back to what we saw earlier in the film and perfectly match it with what’s going on.

Nolan’s direction is flawless. He built the movie what he felt was needed, not what he felt the fans would want. You don’t need any previous Batman knowledge since Nolan portrays the Batman story impeccably. Nolan effectively uses every moment on the screen without any of the unnecessary mumbo-jumbo that you’ll randomly see being thrown into movies to make the plot more pointless rather than well-organized like Batman Begins is.

Even so, not every film is perfect. I do have a couple gripes with the film, but they are nothing but mere complaints. The first thing that bothered me was Batman’s voice. Notice I said Batman and not Bruce Wayne. With a film with so much darkness in it, Batman’s voice was a bit irritating. The next complaint I have was the fighting scenes. The camera seemed too zoomed into the action. At times, I couldn’t tell what was going on, ala The Bourne Supremacy. However, these are minor complaints, but don’t effect the movie itself in any major manner.

"He’s here," says Dr. Jonathan Crane, one of his henchmen asks, "Who?" Dr. Jonathan Crane responds, "The Bat-man." You know what Dr. Crane? You’re not mistaken, Batman is here and he’s here to stay. Nolan, crew, and the cast hit the spot and struck oil. Rarely will we witness such a masterpiece, and after several attempts at making Batman films, we finally have it completely right. Batman has begun, and I hope it never ends.

Grade: A

I think the 'close-up' action shots were suppose to mimick the Comic-books...But I dunno, I'm tired. Great movie though.

Just came back! This movie was just awesome. Best comic book movie ever. I am so glad that Christopher Nolan directed, because he did an excellent job. Everyone should go see it.

This is the closest thing we have so far to the perfect Dark Knight. Batman doesn't just fight crime in this movie, he generally looks to inspire fear into those he deals justice on.

Hope people don't consider this a spoiler, but there is one scene where Batman is assaulting a drug shipment. The whole scene has an intense feeling, almost like that of a horror movie. Criminals are sucked away into darkness in the blink of an eye. Nothing more than flashes of a passing figure in the night.

I absolutely loved this movie. I am going to see if the IMAX near here is playing it and check it out for a second time there.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Damn, what a good freaking movie.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. But was it just me or did the whole training sequence play like an extended trailer?

If your a Batman fan in anyway and don't see this movie it's a crime. It's that good. I think DC has something that could possibly even challenge Spiderman in success. And

SPOILER.

How about the ending, there are rumors already about who will play the Joker. Hopeing that mark hamil one was a joke though. Animated series alright. But not live action.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Definitely. But was it just me or did the whole training sequence play like an extended trailer?[/QUOTE]

I thought that as well. Then again, you can't really show every single piece of training. Otherwise, the movie would be a lot longer. Maybe on the DVD they will show more.

The movie was great, but still i like michael keaton as batman a little better.

No complaints here, best blockbuster film of the year so far.

Movie was fantastic. I really liked all the characters. I do hope they bring back the Scarecrow, I thought he was sweet. At first I thought the new Batmobile looked pretty lame but after seeing it in the movie, I've changed my stance; I like it!

Now, If the new Superman movie can be as good as this movie, I'll be set

[quote name='zionoverfire']It was okay I guess, Bale didn't look right in the close up shots of Batman's face, they really should have done a better job with the mask.[/QUOTE]

Kind of explained that in the movie. Needed a better material because it would shatter on impact. And Micheal Keaton. Dude the guy's a comedian. A comedian. I think that speaks for itself. Plus he's so short, so dam short. Batman's 6'2 amd he is definetly not. Other then the height and can't get over the comedian aspect he was the second best of course.

And how about those scences near the end of Batman under the eyes of the people under scarecrows revised fear toxin. That along with all the bats in that one scene really put the myth and urban legend thing to great effect. In the end, all the movies were pretty bad compared to this one. Over course that's a little unfair, this is on a whole other level. This really made Bale. He's gonna be huge now.

This movie rocks! At 2.5 hours I was afraid it might drag some, but I was never bored. Chris Nolan got it right. Joel Schumacher should be publicly flayed for the last two BatCraps. The only weak point for me was Katie Holmes' acting. Pretty to look at but not much in the acting department. I could've used a little more Morgan Freeman too because he always adds some cool to a movie. I hadn't thought much of the Scarecrow as a villain before but he was really good for the movie.

[quote name='zionoverfire']It was okay I guess, Bale didn't look right in the close up shots of Batman's face, they really should have done a better job with the mask.[/QUOTE]

My sister had been complaining about Bale's "weak chin" since they announced he would be Batman. :lol:

katie holmes can't act... the only reason i think she was in it was so that guys like me could convince their girlfriends to go see it instead of some lame chick flick

Saw the movie last night and loved it.

A couple of minor things bothered me though.

1) Bale's batman voice sounded like he's been smoking for 25 years

2) This may be stupid but did anybody else notice that wart thing by Bale's eye?

Besides my own personal rants, great movie

[quote name='jesta2817']Saw the movie last night and loved it.

A couple of minor things bothered me though.

1) Bale's batman voice sounded like he's been smoking for 25 years

2) This may be stupid but did anybody else notice that wart thing by Bale's eye?

Besides my own personal rants, great movie[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to sound animalistic. I think it worked.

Yes, I noticed.

bread's done
Back