Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Drclaw411']
D0290191-451E-4EB0-A0F2-BACBDD081194-1796-0000016C691A4440.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No desire to own the game, but the packaging makes me actually salivate :drool:

IMG_1077_zpsa6029932.jpg

Both via Trade on CAG

IMG_1075_zps18818f07.jpg

Got Jericho & Cabela's off ebay for like $11 shipped. Rorona & Agarest are from Gamestop. Got LBP from K-Mart for $9 (used $12 in SYWR points), GoW was a present. SMT via Trade.

IMG_1076_zps52305b51.jpg

Vita was my Christmas Present from my sister :) And got a shit ton of amazon GCs. Also got some for Best Buy and Dillards as well. :)

[quote name='elessar123']
2012-12-26_18-02-18_655_zps545a7655.jpg

K-Drama stuff from Rightstuf sale (GF wanted Rooftop Prince, I watched enough of the first episode of Tree with Deep Roots on Hulu to know I wanted it, and Someday was just as filler for free shipping, and it sounded ok).

$200 Amazon Gift card from GF's dad.

Doctor Who Dalek/Tardis salt and pepper shaker, 6 DW polybags, Tardis cookie jar (GF's) from GF's mom.

Shirt and Bag End I bought for myself.

Doctor Who Monopoly from GF.

It's actually way more DW than I was expecting =P
[/QUOTE]

Dem K-dramas.

I plan to. I've been playing my friend's copy for the last few months, but figured Christmas was as good of at time as any to ask for a copy of my own.

I was thinking of getting Cities and Knights first. Would you recommend another?

The only two I've played are Cities and Knights and Seafarers, but between those two I always preferred what Seafarers added to the game. Cities and Knights isn't bad, I just really enjoyed the addition of ships to the game.

Got a couple of more things to post up.

1779z6.jpg

All this came in on Christmas Eve and was waiting for me when I got out of work. :applause:

af9e07.jpg

Got these for Christmas, along with a couple of shirts, a $20 GameStop gift card and a $100 Visa gift card.

Also received/bought the following on Steam:

-Batman Arkham Asylum GotY Edition
-Batman Arkham City GotY Edition
-Castle Crashers
-Counter-Strike: Global Offense
-Deponia
-Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
-Hotline Miami
-Jet Set Radio
-Machinarium
-McPixel
-They Bleed Pixels
-Wolfenstein 3D

Also got Retro City Rampage on both PS3 and Vita, thanks to PlayStation Plus.

[quote name='PocketIguodala']Woohoo Christmas!
277818_425295680875572_787754556_o_zps9e6f8707.jpg

(DBZ has a reversible cover, the one in this pic is the alternate side. I bought Forza for myself on Black Friday but I gave it to my parents to wrap. The LIVE card is for Skyrim DLC!)

Also, my girlfriend bought me a pair of Vans but they were a little big so she has them so she can retur them. Her parents also bought me a ticket to the Orlando Magic/ Cleveland Cavaliers game on February 23rd, my first NBA game! :D[/QUOTE]
i wish i had that dragon ball z game:cry:

why does the cover look like that by the way
i thought this was the cover
271248b.jpg

[quote name='Barney']i wish i had that dragon ball z game:cry:

why does the cover look like that by the way
i thought this was the cover
[/QUOTE]

You should definitely pick it up, Budokai 3 is pretty awesome!! Like Wiggy said though, it has a reversible cover. :D

[quote name='PocketIguodala']You should definitely pick it up, Budokai 3 is pretty awesome!! Like Wiggy said though, it has a reversible cover. :D[/QUOTE]

Sad they don't have Budokai 2 though. :(

But the reversible cover looks so much better than the original.

[quote name='PocketIguodala']You should definitely pick it up, Budokai 3 is pretty awesome!![/QUOTE]
Honestly, if you have a PS2 or a PS3 that plays PS2 games, you're better off picking up the three Budokai games on their own. The end result is much cheaper, seeing as this was honestly a lazy HD port that only has achievements and censorship added in.

On another note, my pick-ups during the day:

-Mega Man (3DS Virtual Console)
-Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb DLC (Steam)
-Sleeping Dogs (Steam)

This is what I got for the holidays (all new and in no particular order):

1. Halo 4, XBX - Have the other Halos but never played one until this. May actually cause me to go back and play Halo 1-3.
2. Resident Evil 6, XBX - BTW, have to add that I am at a loss with all the hate on this game; the allegation that RE6 is no longer survival horror is a no-duh statement. If you're looking for true survival horror, go play Dead Space. Visceral's series owns that genre now. Capcom has been taking the RE series towards a more action-oriented setup since RE4; those expressing surprise at this move either never played RE or are over-nostalgic for a series that is trying to reinvent and evolve. While I have my quibbles with the game and while we can all argue over the direction Capcom is taking, I think the overly negative reviews are misplaced (Gamespot's D, for example, hardly makes any sense -- there are many many worse games than RE6); anyone looking for a beautiful looking action thriller need look no further than RE6. Finally, I've seen the occasional Gears of War analogy in describing the gameplay here. Even as an RE6 supporter, I think that analogy is a disservice to GOW. The mechanics (camera, character control/response, and animation) in RE6 simply lack the polish and perfection found in the Gears games. If anything, the chapter with Chris Redfield is a stripped down version of an action shooter. I'm happy that in taking the RE series to a more action-focused design, Capcom here has avoided the Dino Crisis fiasco that was DC3. This is more DC2 (which was awesome).
3. Catherine, XBX - One word: bizarre.
4. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, XBX
5. NBA2K13, XBX - I so love this game; still have my 2K11 and 2K12 copies.
6. Hitman: Absolution, XBX
7. LEGO Indiana Jones 2, XBX
8. Final Fantasy XIII-2, XBX
9. Need for Speed: The Run, XBX
10. Dead or Alive 5, XBX - Like the Mortal Kombat approach to the campaign, but I wish Team Ninja spent more time and made this longer; there are a number of story arcs that are never sewn up. Girls look better than ever, voice acting is much improved, and I love the new artistic design of the characters.
11. Persona 4 Arena, XBX - Text-heavy; I think I prefer KOF13 over this but I very much like the Persona universe here; crazy as it is, there's too much story here.
12. Street Fighter X Tekken, XBX - Capcom remains one of my favorite developers. I would have liked a nicer story presentation ala SF4; still, the chance to pit the two franchises together is mega awesome.
13. Batman Arkham City GOTY, XBX - Finally got this! Haven't played much of it yet, and while admittedly not a Batman fan, even I can appreciate the crazy level of passion Rocksteady put in towards making this title.
14. Red Dead Redemption PH, XBX - I see why it got GOTY last year from so many reviewers.
15. GTA4 Complete, XBX - Never a GTA fan but glad to have it; I'm sure I'll spend some time on it during a rainy day this year.
16. Epic Mickey, Wii
17. Kirby - Mass Attack, DS

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas was somewhat of a bust for me this year. I got a couple of nice things, which is enough for me, but it's slightly depressing to see that after nearly 30 years, my family still has no idea who I am or what I like. The majority of my gifts from them were ill-fitting clothes that I would never wear. This is the rest:
201212pickups4.jpg

201212pickups6.jpg

Details:
The black box is a watch my grandmother bought called the Android Galactopus. It's basically a $200 digital touchscreen watch that has fewer features than a $5 watch. I have no need for a watch because I have my phone at all times, I haven't worn a watch in over 15 years, the straps are far too short, and I always express that I am very much against expensive gifts unless it is something that I really need. I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but I would've been happier if she had just kept her money. I'll be asking her to send that one back and use the money for herself or put it in my son's savings account or something. I loved being spoiled by expensive gifts as a child, but I've told her multiple times that it now makes me uncomfortable, especially if it's something I don't care about. At least it's not as bad as last year when she gave us about 10 different expensive blanket/sheet sets (most of which we gave away or still haven't opened). She still insists on buying us multiple sweaters, though.

If anyone's curious, here's a close-up of the wallet in the above picture:
201212pickups4a.jpg

I don't get it. She knows I don't like dogs and I've told her many times that I don't like leather, pleather, or anything similar. I've also told her many times that I need to be able to seal my wallet, although I suppose I could add velcro to this. And at least it's a tri-fold. It looks like it will be far too small for my cards, though. She gave me a similar wallet last year and I told her that I gave it away because I didn't need/want it, so I don't know why she got me another one. I just hope it didn't cost much money. But considering that she buys everything (100%!) from catalogs and TV, I assume she probably spent way too much.

Thankfully, my wife's family has a better idea of what kinds of things make me happy, so I ended up getting this from her parents:
201212pickups5.jpg

I haven't played with Legos since I sold them off as a kid, so I was pretty excited about this because I want my son and I to play with them when he gets old enough. My long-term goal is to build a town with a scaled replica of our house.

Although it's disappointing that my family doesn't pay attention to my interests and I feel bad for not liking a lot of the stuff, it was a rather successful holiday. But we need to plan better next year... Between friends and our two families, Christmas was spread out over four days, which was insanely exhausting.

Your family bought a 30+ year old man Bakugan and I Spy for DS? Hahah, that shit's hilarious.

That's why I like how our family just tells each other what we want.

Probably my last pick ups of 2012. Boy I haven't really brought that much this year, makes me wish I was younger and or a student again with more money.

I ordered Hitman Absolution this morning from amazon. It was £14 on the boxing day lighting deals.

I also ordered 400 MS points to add to my balance of 580 to get all the walking dead episodes.

just got back from gamestop
8320007117_1b19c52e29_b.jpg

gave soul nomad a new case. not shown in pic

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Your family bought a 30+ year old man Bakugan and I Spy for DS? Hahah, that shit's hilarious.

That's why I like how our family just tells each other what we want.[/QUOTE]
Well, for what it's worth, I'm not quite 30 yet and I actually like I Spy. Hidden object games are a decent way to pass the time when I don't feel like getting too involved in something. But yeah, I don't know why nobody just gets me stuff from my wishlist. Almost everything is under $20 and I include relevant links. It takes no thought whatsoever, but every year, it's the same thing: "I had no idea what to get you, so here's another blanket and a really expensive gadget that makes it easier to do things that you never do to begin with." I'd seriously be much more content with just a book or a movie or something I can enjoy with my son. Oh well, I'm just happy to spend some time with the family and share stories, so it really doesn't matter.

[quote name='Olengie']Sad they don't have Budokai 2 though. :(

But the reversible cover looks so much better than the original.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way, I actually enjoyed the game board thing from the Budokai 2 campaign :cry:

I love the reversible cover though, it's so bold and it has a lot more character to it than the regular cover!!

Last pickup of the year, christmas present from my girlfriend. I can never easily fit a pair of shoes though, I usually wear size 14 but my girlfriend originally bought me a pair of size 13 vans that were way too big, then she returned them for this pair in a size 12 and these are wayyy too small :cry:

701986_427849993953474_1926560454_o_zps61f3c525.jpg

[quote name='Tempius']All kinds of awesome TommyLove![/QUOTE]
Thank you Tempius! Surprisingly, this month was better than November all thanks to my friend that hooked me up with lots of his JRPG!

[quote name='TommyLove']
[/QUOTE]
Wow, that is one amazing month!

Mind if I ask where you found that Qoga/Agarest 1/.hack Part 4/Dark Cloud 2? Hehe, I saw a Dark Cloud 2 for $20, not sure why I passed.

I wish I knew where I packed my Zelda Four Swords box, hope it survived. The game is with all my GC almost full Zelda collection: Collector's Edition Promotional Disc (1, 2, Ocarina, Majora's Mask), Ocarina of Time+Master Quest bonus disc, Wind Waker, Four Swords, Twilight Princess.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Wow, that is one amazing month!

Mind if I ask where you found that Qoga/Agarest 1/.hack Part 4/Dark Cloud 2? Hehe, I saw a Dark Cloud 2 for $20, not sure why I passed.

I wish I knew where I packed my Zelda Four Swords box, hope it survived. The game is with all my GC almost full Zelda collection: Collector's Edition Promotional Disc (1, 2, Ocarina, Majora's Mask), Ocarina of Time+Master Quest bonus disc, Wind Waker, Four Swords, Twilight Princess.[/QUOTE]
I bought all the .hack series at this retro store in Seattle called Pink Gorilla. They had a buy 2 get 1 free for PS2 games and xbox, so I took advantage of that deal with the .hack series, growlanser (which I sold) and dark cloud 2. As for Qoga and Agarest 1, my friend collects JRPG in mint condition and sells them to me for really cheap!
I freaking love Zelda and I hope you find your Zelda four swords box. The Zelda GC games were amazing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back