The Official CAG February 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funtime pickups:

m0pD16x.png

Revoltech MGR Raiden (around $42 USD shipped from HLJ)

Etna & Flonne Nendoroids (around $32 USD each shipped from AmiAmi)

:3ds: Bravely Default CE from Amazon's restock last friday - came in mint condition luckily. ($49.99 + tax)

:vita: Uncharted Golden Abyss  ($9.97 from Sears clearance)

:pc: Western Digital 2TB hard drive - ($33 shipped from a private trader on another forum. :hot:)

This oughta hold me for a while...oh who am I kidding, as long as I'm on CAG I can never stop spending.

New Pick Up Video where I find a Holy Grail of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTn6R7dRXDw
dood, that was your best video yet. not only did you acquire a bitching trashcan and some solid vinyl, but OMFG fuck YEA NEO GEO!!!!

I would have fainted if I found that. Hell, if I ever saw one of those out in the wild I might have a stroke/brain aneurism on the spot, regardless of price. Very Nice!

This is just proof that if you ask, you can get a discount on thrift store stuff (if the manager is cool about it and you are nice).

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i lied im complaining now.... i tried to put in Ryse and guess what?!?!?!?! crunch crunch crunch crunch

anyone got a link for getting it fixed and the free game download? im only slightly pissed ive waited over a week to get it and then i go to play and this happens

$1.99 apiece at Ohio Thrift.  Left the price tag on one of them as proof.

[attachment=3054:photo (3).JPG]

[attachment=3055:photo (5).JPG]

Lets just say my gaming collection will be slowing down a bit. Picking this up Saturday.

3lu7nSg.jpg
As soon as I get back to the states I will be getting a new car too. A brand new Toyota corolla 2014 with probably no more then like 50 miles from test drives. My grandparents will be paying the whole thing off so no payments. That won´t be till then end of April though. I can´t wait to post that pickup. They said just pick out what color I want. I will probably get White or silver. Once I get it I will probably drop a grand in just Audio stereo equipment.

2014-Toyota-Corolla-white-live-shot.jpg

They are even talking about wanting to buy me a apartment in FL. Next two months I won´t have any pickups expect maybe cheap video game swag. Electronics are way too expensive in South America.

[quote name="IceCweam" post="11528883" timestamp="1392448465"]What model is that? I'm not very good with cars so excuse me. Otherwise it looks very nice. Wouldn't mind getting one for myself.[/quote]

Its a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.

Its a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
a guy at work has a 2008 WRX-STI, and it is a beast especially when the roads get crappy with snow. The only thing I didn't like is the hood scoop, which once we hit 110 mph, I saw it shaking from the wind intake.

you live up in a colder section of the country (right?), which makes an all wheel drive car really important. How many mile on it?

This pick-up came out of nowhere, i was at Korea town out here in LA this morning , when i notice this game store. I decide to walk in. The first thing i notice was this chun-li figure (the one i bought), i immediately ask one of the workers what was the price on it. He said it was $90. I asked  told him if i can see it, the first thing i notice that figure only came with the box. None of the inside packing was included and the figure had a little scratch at the bottom, and the box was in bad condition. I started to bargain with him for the price. To make the long story short, i talked him down from $90 to $70 + No tax ( :twoguns:  :twoguns: fuck u uncle sam). 

c34ffc83-7a65-4f1d-98ef-ff18d314bfa3.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

The figure is huge, its at least 15 inches, which is bigger than any figure i have right now. Now i have to look for Cammy, the one character i have yet to buy a figure of. I can't believe i bought a chun-li figure before cammy!!. 

Btw --- i was watch those two pick-up video when i was taking the photos of her (it). 

[quote name="needler420" post="11529989" timestamp="1392497167"]Being as its ten years old now my guess would be at
Least 75k maybe closer to 100k[/quote]

Right on. Its at 96000.

dood, that was your best video yet. not only did you acquire a bitching trashcan and some solid vinyl, but OMFG fuck YEA NEO GEO!!!!

I would have fainted if I found that. Hell, if I ever saw one of those out in the wild I might have a stroke/brain aneurism on the spot, regardless of price. Very Nice!

This is just proof that if you ask, you can get a discount on thrift store stuff (if the manager is cool about it and you are nice).
Thanks for the complement bro! Always ask man. Never know what's going to happen. I almost needed to pivk up new pants there. LOL

a guy at work has a 2008 WRX-STI, and it is a beast especially when the roads get crappy with snow. The only thing I didn't like is the hood scoop, which once we hit 110 mph, I saw it shaking from the wind intake.

you live up in a colder section of the country (right?), which makes an all wheel drive car really important. How many mile on it?
96k and yeah I live in the Buffalo, NY area so AWD is definitely handy. I got around pretty good in my FWD car but honestly was getting sick of it. Ran it up to 144k miles and stuff was starting to go and I was looking at my finances and figured now was as a good a time as any, especially when I saw this pop up at one of the local dealers. Was kinda surprised to see it as they really don't come up.

The figure is huge, its at least 15 inches, which is bigger than any figure i have right now. Now i have to look for Cammy, the one character i have yet to buy a figure of. I can't believe i bought a chun-li figure before cammy!!.
Btw --- i was watch those two pick-up video when i was taking the photos of her (it).
In case you didn't know, Cammy and Chun-Li are both getting Bishoujo renditions by Kotobukiya. Juri is on the way, too. I'd been looking for Chunners and Cammy statues as well, but I prefer to buy statues that are part of a line and consistent with each other. Didn't want a 15-inch Chun and a 8-inch Cammy.

Not that that statue isn't awesome. It is. I actually considered buying that one for myself, it just sucks that they didn't make other Street Fighter characters in the same line/scale. Luckily Bishoujo has us covered. Consistent and affordable!

96k and yeah I live in the Buffalo, NY area so AWD is definitely handy. I got around pretty good in my FWD car but honestly was getting sick of it. Ran it up to 144k miles and stuff was starting to go and I was looking at my finances and figured now was as a good a time as any, especially when I saw this pop up at one of the local dealers. Was kinda surprised to see it as they really don't come up.
dood, that is really low miles for that car. Usually (in PA at least) Subaru on the used market is pretty pricey, even that old and usually have over 100k on them. Plus I have been kind of leery of buying an older used one because I assume that a young person drove the balls off it since it is a fast ride. Sounds like you got a well taken care of ride though!

[quote name="MasaTFC" post="11533071" timestamp="1392600411"]dood, that is really low miles for that car. Usually (in PA at least) Subaru on the used market is pretty pricey, even that old and usually have over 100k on them. Plus I have been kind of leery of buying an older used one because I assume that a young person drove the balls off it since it is a fast ride. Sounds like you got a well taken care of ride though! [/quote]

The thing is a solid as a rock. No rust on it anywhere that I can see and it actually was a California car till 08. Also its pretty much bone stock which is also pretty rare for these. Getting the hang of a manual shift now to, its been a ton of fun to drive. Can't wait to start putting some money into it. Got a new head unit coming this week.

Yay! I have all 3 current gen consoles now! I originally had no plans to get all 3 so quickly but I got all of them for cheap( PS4 for $320 and the Zelda Wii U for $150 ). I actually only ordered the X1 console( NEW ) and the Day One box with the achievement and sticker on eBay for $370. Gonna sell the box on eBay. I have a power cable and controller coming too from eBay. I don't want a KInect which is why I went this route. Also got Deadrising 3 from GoHastings for $30 :)

u5K0ioY.jpg

Yay! I have all 3 current gen consoles now! I originally had no plans to get all 3 so quickly but I got all of them for cheap( PS4 for $320 and the Zelda Wii U for $150 ). I actually only ordered the X1 console( NEW ) and the Day One box with the achievement and sticker on eBay for $370. Gonna sell the box on eBay. I have a power cable and controller coming too from eBay. I don't want a KInect which is why I went this route. Also got Deadrising 3 from GoHastings for $30 :)

u5K0ioY.jpg
just to let you know ebay policy states you cant sell the box and they will probably take your listing down. since that kid bought a box without reading the description and thinking he was getting an xbox one console and it went viral, ebay has been more strict.

Oh dang. Most likely I will price a little low in order to sell it quickly.
just thought of a way to do it. just list your 14 day trial with the box and make the main selling point the 14 day trial that will ship in the box, that way there are no complaints.

I picked up a darkstar complete for $86.xx

Far as video games go I got these tomy gacha toys from a vending machine for $0.91 cents each at a mall. The Yoshi keychain was $2.73 they are all offical licensed toys from Nintendo. The Yoshi keychain came from a booth at a video game event I attended and got to be part of the staff hosting it. The skateboard isn´t so mint any more as I been riding it for like a week now.

All of these things were purchased in South America Chile.

[attachment=3154:20140211_075710.jpg]

[attachment=3155:20140211_075733.jpg]

[attachment=3156:20140218_131348.jpg]

Stopped by Gamestop to grab some cheap PS2 games today. For just under $16.00 I grabbed:

Winback Covert Operations

Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Time Crisis 3

Time Crisis Crisis Zone

The Thing

Star Wars Episode I Racer Revenge

Ratchet Deadlocked

P.T.O. IV

Naval Ops Commander

Lifeline

Jak X Combat Racing

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Evergrace

Deus Ex

Armored Core Last Raven

Pretty happy with it since PTO IV is worth more than I spent for all

More Wii stuff for the collection. Most was from a trade with a fellow CAG. Phantom Brave was $4.99 at gamestop and Resident Evil was an accidental ebay purchase where I bid on it as time was running out barely glancing at the cover and I thought I was bidding on Resident Evil Zero. I already have RE so I'll be selling that one.

DearS were from Ebay. Everything else was from GoHastings. Unfortunately, the Suzuka Case is broken. So I have to get a replacement case one of these days. 

More Wii stuff for the collection. Most was from a trade with a fellow CAG. Phantom Brave was $4.99 at gamestop and Resident Evil was an accidental ebay purchase where I bid on it as time was running out barely glancing at the cover and I thought I was bidding on Resident Evil Zero. I already have RE so I'll be selling that one.
how u check this cags lowball going on right now!!!!! Theres a couple of Wii games there going for cheap!!!! (Link in my siggy)

20140221_140841-1.jpg

20140221_140934-1.jpg

All were from GoHastings. Pokemon White was brand new and the two WiiU games were like new. The Third is the thinpak version. A little surprised to see the DVD open with a Haruhi trailer.

Tales of the Abyss: Free

Bravely Default CE: $50

Grandia II, FF VIII, Sonic Adventure: $30

Zelda OoT 3D Guide: $5

Witcher 2 Guide: $5

Pokemon X/Y Pokedex: $20

Getting a deal from a friend: Priceless

I bought an Afterglow Prismatic Wireless headset for $43.XX shipped from Secondipity. It was advertised as "refurbished: complete in box". They retail at $99.99 brand new, so I figured I was getting a pretty good price. When it arrived, it came with its original box and most of the cables. It came with all the necessary cables, but the 3.5mm male to male cable wasn't there. No big deal. I've got a couple of them lying around and they're cheap, too. The headset itself is in great shape. No major marks or dings, but the guy who owned it before me wrote his name on the box, ear cups, and put his initials on the red and white ends of the RCA cable. The name on the headset isn't major. It's just on the top and in small print.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Afterglow-Prismatic-Wireless-Headset-Xbox/dp/B00ELPXWXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393334088&sr=8-1&keywords=Afterglow+prismatic

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back