The Official CAG February 2015 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my .hack Quarantine doesn't work. Best guess is that it's due to a small, hardly noticeable top side scratch. Strangely, the DVD doesn't work either and I can't find any damage there. I would think fake almost if the discs didn't look so perfect, and comparing it to my copy (which works, my first thought was maybe my PS2 went out, ha ha) didn't look so perfect. Guess I'm taking it back after work today...
You could try and sell it as defective on eBay and still profit some money.

I picked up a couple "sheik" today at TRU for b1g1 40% off. IDK if he is hard to find anymore. I left one there.

Got 8-10 guides at TRU for free. Didn't even bother scanning them at .02.

R&C collection for 6.xx at target.

Picked up some laser discs and comics at HPB

My 3DS finally came from Bestbuy, southpark from Mircosoft came in too. That was quick as fuck!

f4kaqg.jpg

Jelly of the World of Nintendo Samus!! I have been looking for the Link one forever! I check TRU and Target regularly but only seem to find Donkey Kong, Mario and Wario. Where is the best place for those? I didn't even know there was a Samus one.

I did see a large Bowser one at TRU the other day that I almost got but I'd rather pay

Last edited by a moderator:
If it wasnt for this delicious Chinese food I bought, that trip wouldve been a big waste of time! Best Buy had 6 Meta Knight Amiibos.....all the tickets were given out.........no Walmart/Target/GS had any of the other new ones today. One said they wouldnt get them until Weds.  Recognized a couple flippers in line at BB so I know where at least 2 of those Amiibos are heading! 

If it wasnt for this delicious Chinese food I bought, that trip wouldve been a big waste of time! Best Buy had 6 Meta Knight Amiibos.....all the tickets were given out.........no Walmart/Target/GS had any of the other news ones today. One said they wouldnt get them until Weds.  Recognized a couple flippers in line at BB so I know where at least 2 of those Amiibos are heading! 

Jelly of the World of Nintendo Samus!! I have been looking for the Link one forever! I check TRU and Target regularly but only seem to find Donkey Kong, Mario and Wario. Where is the best place for those? I didn't even know there was a Samus one.

I did see a large Bowser one at TRU the other day that I almost got but I'd rather pay <$15

I should have bit on that South park GW when I had the chance. Oh well.

ON TOPIC: About a month ago my Samsung Galaxy S4 took a giant shit and wont turn on or charge idk what the fuck is wrong no signs of damage at all, repair shop didn't even know. I gave up on trying to get a new phone on Craigslist/Ebay considering the Moto X I bought (Which was a pretty alright phone) on craigslist is still on the previous owners Sprint account with a large outstanding balance and nothing can be done until then which I doubt they are paying $600+ on their old service provider.....They offered a refund last week still trying to contact them. Anyway I wanted to wait until my free 2 year upgrade but gave up and did the Sprint Easy pay paying $27 /mo for a new Samsung Galaxy S5 with $8 Geek squad protection. Phone came with a $100 Gift card as well, so that paid for a Glass screen protector and case.

Also extended my GCU to March 2018 while it was still on sale. $10 Reward cert made it $20.
Lol. Funny I found one Link one and picked it up and almost bought it but didn't know if they were good quality. Know I know.

[quote name="umbry" post="12519457" timestamp="1424463079"]

Lol. Funny I found one Link one and picked it up and almost bought it but didn't know if they were good quality. Know I know.[/quote

Even funnier i looked online and the Bowser figure is like $25-30 anywhere online so $15 doesent sound so bad anymore. Im at TRU right now about to check out.

How much was SP?
SP was $30 with free shipping.

I did see a large Bowser one at TRU the other day that I almost got but I'd rather pay <$15
I should have bit on that South park GW when I had the chance. Oh well.
If you didn't know about Samus, then I guess you don't know about these either then....

9pz89j.jpg

The small &. Medium ones I get from Target. The big ones are from TRU. *also that's not my photo.

I also got a Nintendo "toy".  It looks like it had been sitting there since the Wii game came out, but at TJmaxx for $29 my buddy picked me up a 1/8 scale Bowser RC Car.  I put my 6" bowser in the box for size comparison purposes.

Saw the Link toy a month ago at TRU. They gave him a HUGE forehead.

In actual pickup news, these are all from Walmart:

From Hastings and FYE respectively:

From MovieStop. Used the B3G1 Free (B2G1 for the anime) + 20% Off from Director's Club. Ended up spending $200 altogether. Free title in lower right corner.

Picked up Guilty Gear XX Core Plus for the wii (complete with CD soundtrack) for $1.

Pretty happy about that. (Too lazy to take a pic).

Will post pics later but so far this month I've gotten:

Some domo pops
Amiibos
Wario ware ds
Soul sacrifice vita
Majoras mask CE game
Majoras mask Ce guide
Some DS games off of AWD

Finally took a photo

Just missing the amiibos (I have the amiibos stored in my closet right now)
[attachment=12467:image.jpg]

Yoshi- free, I had Target giftcards. 

Mario and Luigi- $1.60, got these from Dell since they gave me a $25 giftcard for preordering Majoras Mask 3D. 

Mega Man and Sonic- happen to check the Walmart app and saw one store had both in. Paid for them and picked them up when they opened. 

Loot Crate- Munny figure you can draw on yourself, Hexbug that the cats are loving!, Superfight card deck, RockPaperScissors dice, Pacman Atari poster, and Ready Player One book. 

Yoshi- free, I had Target giftcards.
Mario and Luigi- $1.60, got these from Dell since they gave me a $25 giftcard for preordering Majoras Mask 3D.
Mega Man and Sonic- happen to check the Walmart app and saw one store had both in. Paid for them and picked them up when they opened.
Loot Crate- Munny figure you can draw on yourself, Hexbug that the cats are loving!, Superfight card deck, RockPaperScissors dice, Pacman Atari poster, and Ready Player One book.
Read that book asap. It is amazing and you'll be glad you did when the movie comes out. It was the absolute highlight of the lootcrate this month.

Ready Player One is amazing.

One of my favorite books up there with Ender's Game.

Glad to see more people reading it and liking it.

That was actually my first Loot Crate ever. While the book is cool, I would have rather had last month's. :/
I had loot crate for 6 months last year and I really liked it, but I found myself only really liking 1 or maybe 2 of the items. Paying $14 for a t-shirt every month is okay, but decided that I could probably spend my money elsewhere. Still, sometimes the crate was full of great stuff like January's was.

Ready Player One is amazing.
One of my favorite books up there with Ender's Game.
Glad to see more people reading it and liking it.
I seen it at yhethe library a couple years ago and it is really hard for me to get into a book but i could not put that thing down! So good!! Cant wait for the movie hope they don't fuck it up. I will finally be that guy that sees the movie and can compare it to the book it is based on. Since nothing in film is original anymore.

I guess Ill have to read it! I work at a library and people always ask "whats a good book......what are you reading". Then the priceless look on their faces when I tell them I dont really read books. I read the magazines and stuff on the internet....To me its like if I assumed someone worked at Taco Bell just because they really like the food! A jobs a job! 

IMG_2638_zpsf4rb4yji.jpg

Christmas money finally put to good use. Not pictured is my Mega Man amiibo. I also have to jump on the Ready Player One bandwagon. Such a good book. I can't wait for Ernest Cline's next book.

Decided to start an Amiibo collection. Wish I could have gotten Mega Man and Sonic since they were at my store as well but after spending around $35 on just 3, I think I'll wait a while before getting more. Sucks having just a part time job right now...

5yexsuR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back