The Official CAG Gaming Club! V.1 Now Playing: Devil May Cry

SL4IN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Ok so here's how this goes:

There will be a designated video game that gets assigned to each new thread made. Members participating will play the assigned game during the duration of the thread (500 posts) and discuss their Tips, Questions, Progress and just general information here.

Since this is the first thread, a poll will be held for one (1) day to decide which of 6 games will be assigned. At the end of each thread, a new game will be announced for the next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Rules:

1) ONLY POST IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING BY PLAYING THE ASSIGNED GAME. This whole idea is going to work similar to that of a book club, where everyone plays the designated game and discuss their happenings here.

2) NO TROLLING OR FLAMING. It doesn't matter if you are participating or if you aren't, don't come here and try to ruin everyone's fun. This is meant to be a fun environment where everyone can come in talk about the game.

3) Most important, have fun :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To everyone that is participating:

Enjoy the game and have fun with it. Post in here your progress and such, possibly find out how to beat that hard part you couldn't get passed with help from another CAG or simply relinquish your own tips for difficult parts in the game. This thread is made to give everyone that's participating a voice in the group that is playing.

My vote's for Castlevania. It and Wind Waker are the only 2 that I own.

I like the option of the Poll however. This way we pick the game that most people own, and can get as many people involved as possible. Even so, if the game turns out to be something someone doesn't own, it can be a good source of reviews and opinions in helping someone decide if they want to own it.

I'd like to say that these threads should be spoiler tag free. If it ends up being a game you've not played but want to have things a secret, stay out. :)

i voted for Devil May Cry, since I'm going to play it next week to prepare for DMC4. I almost voted for Wind Waker because I've only beaten it once and I've wanted to play it again.

Hm, the thread title is confusing. We already have GGT, so this is really the GGT Game of the Week Thread (you don't have to call it that, but that's essentially what it is).

[quote name='gunm']Hm, the thread title is confusing. We already have GGT, so this is really the GGT Game of the Week Thread (you don't have to call it that, but that's essentially what it is).[/quote]

I approve of that title. I went with DMC only because DMC4 is around the corner and yall need to train. ;)

[quote name='gunm']Hm, the thread title is confusing. We already have GGT, so this is really the GGT Game of the Week Thread (you don't have to call it that, but that's essentially what it is).[/QUOTE]
I guess it's a new thread so that people that don't participate in the GGT can participate in this.

I say pick the top two, or top two of different platforms. Not everyone has every system.

Yakuza- Fun fighting system, great atmosphere, too many load times/cutscenes, and confusing japanese names. That's my 1st hour impression.

Devil May Cry is what I want to play again. Funny thing is, I use to own many of these games except for GoW (but I'd buy it). Zelda: WW is kind of hard to find now, I think.

I'd suggest picking a new name that doesn't start with GGT since there is already an ongoing thread called that.

CAG Gaming Club perhaps? (Just like a book club you pick one game, everybody plays it, everybody discusses it.)

Well, with the recent CAG server downtime, I say we leave the poll up for the rest of the day. Wind Waker and DMC are tied at the moment anyway.

[quote name='wubb']I'd suggest picking a new name that doesn't start with GGT since there is already an ongoing thread called that.

CAG Gaming Club perhaps? (Just like a book club you pick one game, everybody plays it, everybody discusses it.)[/quote]This is a good idea. It's fairly confusing now.

[quote name='SL4IN']well I pm'ed gwen to see if she could possibly open the poll for one more day, and if not, then DMC will most likely get nodded as the game since DMC4 comes out next week.[/quote]

I saw your request and I took care of it. Poll closes in 24hrs

Can I break the tie by switching my vote from Wind Waker to DMC since I just got DMC and my friend borrowed Wind Waker? ;)

Not that it matters much. NMH will likely occupy most of my gaming time.

well it appears we have a tie again. This time with DMC and Zelda: Wind Waker. So here's what I'm going to do.

Since DMC has been in both ties, I'm putting that as the game everyone plays this time around. So, let the gaming begin! Devil May Cry will be the game that gets played for the first ever CAG gaming club!

For those of us who do not own Devil May Cry, here is a taste of what we are missing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR__j3eaM04&feature=related[/media]

So, is the CAG Gaming Club dead in the water already? I was waiting it out until the next title to participate because I don't own DMC (or really desire to play it), but I had been checking the thread on a consistent basis. The thread has gone without a post for nearly 2 weeks. SL4IN, you care to propose a different game?

Yeah, that's why I figured DMC was initially a bad choice, but I figured peeps would get thru it before DMC4 came out. However, because of the CAG server downtime during the selection process, things got delayed, and then bam, everyone was playing DMC4 instead.

Also, I think we should choose a game that takes a longer time to play thru, like 15+ hours or more, that way the discussion can be more involved.

bread's done
Back