The Official CAG June 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "June Bugs Are In The Air" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up my Gamestop preorders today:
:360:Duke Nukem Balls of Steel Edition
:360:Alice Madness Returns
:360:Child of Eden

And I've got a box sitting at home for me too. I'll update that when I get home.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

All from Sears Clearance
2 Halo Wars Limited Edition (1 was sealed)-$40
2 Copies of Dead Space 2 -$40
1 (S)Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn -$ 25

Squarehead is that from Gogues Lowball?(part of it) Seeing Breath of Fire 3 brings back memories of the awesome craigslist find I had last year

Also, newest season of FMA Brotherhood? I just finished watching the subbed version after being a big fan of the original anime.

Walmart Today Sealed Greatest Hits Bioshock on PS3 for 9.99. Gamestop sells used for 19.99 XP

Also, got the Memory Band and Feral Wolf Charm unlocked for DragonAge Origins from EA customer support! Tried to get collectors edition stuff to, but they said couldn't unlcok so I didn't want to push my luck :D

[quote name='Potatoeman']Squarehead is that from Gogues Lowball?(part of it) Seeing Breath of Fire 3 brings back memories of the awesome craigslist find I had last year

Also, newest season of FMA Brotherhood? I just finished watching the subbed version after being a big fan of the original anime.[/QUOTE]

All of the PS1 with exception of BoF3 (from tooshorty) were from Gogu. Tis a swell day.

I do

got all this cool gaming stuff from a great friend and fellow CAG. If you are reading this thanks again.

P1130018.jpg

modded ps1 to play imports. Imported Gamera game at the bottom right.

P1130020.jpg

a whole bunch of boxed SNES games and systems. I really do hate BBV and their 15ish year old stickers! They put them on every surface and often had the metal bar stickers on the carts. grrr. Potentially not even worth trying to get off. Other than that everything plays great.

I REALLY miss the video stores of the 90s. I remember renting Mario 3 from this video store/bait shop. No idea why those never took off.

ednrS.jpg

Everything except Mortal Kombat was free from Amazon thanks to Swagbucks and Opinion Outpost. For Mortal Kombat I traded stuff I had previously gotten free. A looottt of spare time for surveys, so I do OK. Saints Row won't load, Boo-urns.

Glad I have replacement cases! The Darkstalkers jewel case was smashed in the mail by the mailman as they tried to jam it in my mailbox( I imagine ). Im glad to have won them either way!

Update! Got an even awesome-er rep 10 minute ago.

Unlocked all the DragonAge Journeys AND Collectors Edition Promo Items for my account in DAO!

I fucking love EA Support.

IMG_0514.jpg

Had Agarest Pre-ordered (was going to drop it and get Duke but I changed my mind), Homefront from K-Mart (probably returning it though for something else), Hunted from GS, Red Faction from K-Mart ($40 sale minus $35 in coupons so $5 :D), Traded stuff in while in Denver to get Lego Star Wars & Gitaroo Man, Lego Pirates is from K-Mart, snagged Saints Row pack on clearance at Target for $15

IMG_0515.jpg

More Blu's! Got Oceans on a deal from Amazon, Queens Blade was $22, Got Dawn & Napoleon during that trade and save deal at BB, paid retail for Just Go With It & the Eddie Vedder Blu.

5837083011_0d501a6ed5_b.jpg

Good Smile Company 965512 Tosaka Rin -Unlimited Blade Works- (PVC Figure) 1/7
total cost 9,904 yen

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at this kitten!!! [On topic: there's video games in the background that were picked up quasi-recently]

I just picked her up from a shelter yesterday and she's absolutely adorable and so tiny.

2011-06-18_07-47-53_77.jpg

2011-06-17_18-33-49_963.jpg

2011-06-18_07-47-39_37.jpg

MY GAMES/MOVIES ARE BEING DESTROYED! At least she has good taste though.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Dude, if it destroys that game that I got SO lucky and found on clearance for $1.97 at Sears, I don't know what I'll do :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

you paid a $1.97 too much.

Crysis 2 - $33 (Paid with credit)
GTA 4 Complete - $33 (Paid with credit)
Dragon Age II - Free
Call of Duty Black Ops - $22
Mod Nation Racers - $18
NHL 10 - $4

2il0801.jpg

PS3 is for my woman, no more unhooking my PS3 to bring over there every time I want to watch a Blu-Ray with her! Got the system and the controller/game bundle via Amazon lightning deals... I was too happy to get on those wait lists! I also recovered my EU PSN account and downloaded Wipeout HD/Fury and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty as my free Welcome Back games. Movies are from the BB sale last week. Ties were on sale @ Macy's! I love being cheap!

@cheska yes please do explain. You are supposed to brag! haha. I want to hear about the Uncharted Kubricks and those Uncharted 3 slips.

Anyway here are more of my pickups. The big event I got most of this stuff from was the Cleveland Classic Console and Arcade Gaming show. A lot of really cool and rare stuff was at this show. Like a tournament on the 1992 Nintendo Campus Challenge cart. In the end the show was an awesome day of hunting and bargaining. I don't think I paid one asking price. haha anyway Here is what my girlfriend and I got.
IMG_0604.jpg

Darkstalkers marquee for $10 which was really awesome and random since we weren't looking for anything like this but is one of our favorite games. CCAG tshirt. Assassin's Creed LE for $25. Donkey Kong Jenga for $15. I have been looking for this for quite some time but the only local place that had it was overpriced Borders. Sealed Ereader Tennis for $0.50. Mai figure for $4(0ne of my gf's favorite characters, next to Morrigan
icon_biggrin.gif
). Game bits and driver for the Gamecube (my controller ports are going).
IMG_0602.jpg

The Paper Mario and Zelda boxes (empty) were all $4. Found the manuals at another stand for a song and a dance. In the end I formed complete sets with my loose game I have had for cheaper than getting it all together! Zelda TP soundtrack $1. Yoshi Story $10. Phalanx (what great box art!) $10. Growlanser Heritage War LE $25. Suikoden Tactics $8. Sonic and Knuckles complete $7. Castlevania and Hook are in not the best shape but were priced accordingly I think. $4 and $3 respectively.
IMG_0601.jpg

Rainbow Cotton $25 ( I got this, AC, and Growlanser at the same booth. Each was originally $35 but was marked down for the con and since i got a lot from them.) Sonic CD $15. Armored Core and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue were each $5. Starfy and Layton were $10 each. I got both Wild Arms 1 & 2 for $27. Sadly Wild Arms 2 is missing the manual (it was the end of the day and I was getting sloppy
icon_lol.gif
)

Other stuff i picked up from a Record Exchange and other random stores.
P1250022.jpg

The RE4
ps2.gif
controller is in rough shape but for $10 I couldn't turn it down. Point Blank DS was a pickup by my gf for $10. This is seriously the first copy in the last year we have seen that still had its cover and manual. MGS4 LE for $30 w/ everything (cheapest I have seen it). Um Jammer Lammy $4. I wasn't originally going to get OoT3D due to the fact I don't have a 3DS and I have Master Quest already but my local GS was having a closing sale with 20% off purchase and the getting the soundtrack from Club Nintendo made me do it (ended up being around $31). haha. Legend of heroes was $4ish thanks to the 20% stacking with 10% off rewards card.

Random stuff:
P1240017.jpg

Zelda Phantom Hourglass figs (each was about $4 and random purchase. Got an extra Goron) from a store called 5 Below. A weird surplus/dollar store that has some cool nerdy stuff like random games, Heroclix, and Magic cards at times. I picked up Mario Galaxy figs here a while ago.
IMG_0610.jpg

Sackboys from a board game store (?) weird.
IMG_0607.jpg

Hellboy library edition vol 4 and a weird but fun game about bean farming. Don't knock it until you tried it. Also picked up Dead Nation and Wipeout from the welcome back PSN program. Not sure what to get for the PSP.

June...you hurt so good

[quote name='doodmandood']zelda figures are my number 1 priority when i become rich and famous[/QUOTE]

Mine would be to find every game I missed out on that was worth playing from the NES to current generation consoles.

June pick ups?!...shrugs...I guess I got Flingsmash and Wii Motion Plus that is all so far.

I also got Star Ocean: Second Story or was it Evolution? The second one on the PSP for $20 from Kmart.

107nc5z.jpg

-4 comics I got for $1 each from a used comic shop that doesn't know the value of things
-The pucks and the jersey emblem I got for a total of $25 (20 for the emblem, 2.50 for each puck) from the official Sharks store
-LA Noire brand new for $20 from a friend who ordered a copy from amazon and was shipped 2 by accident
-Marvel VS Capcom 3, A-Team and Expendables Blu - Ray all free as gifts.

Pick Up This past Month:

IMG_0100.jpg

:ps3:PS3 160 GB- $200 Amazon Lightning Deal- been wanting one since he YLoD event- Twisted Metal here i come
:ps3:PS3 Combo Pack-$35 Amazon Lightning Deal

IMG_0099.jpg

:360:Hasbro Family Game Night-$20 Best Buy- great find for $20
:360:Fallout New Vegas-$20 Best Buy- never played FPS but ill try
:360:RDR SE slipcover-$3 CAG- Turn my RDR in SE
:360:Dragon Age 2- $20 Best Buy @Gamer coupon

IMG_0098.jpg

:psp:Lunar Silver Star Harmony PE- $30 Gamestop New
:psp:BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger-$8 Best Buy
:psp:Ys:Seven-$11 Best Buy
:ps3:Ratchet & Clank Future : Tools of D-$20 used Gamestop
:360:Star Wars TFU2 CE-$27 Amazon
Lego Jack Sparrow- $3 Amazon- starting a lego figure collection.

IMG_0101.jpg

:ds:Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road-$15 Costco

^Just so you know, Fallout: New Vegas is not an FPS. It has first person shooting, but it's not a shooter by any means. Just a bit of a forewarning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back