The Official CAG March 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tombraideruy.jpg

[quote name='camelking6969']
2013-03-10_09-42-20_974_zps6ed5e5e5.jpg

there is more ps2 and ps1 games, not bad for 25 and 20 for a slim ps2[/QUOTE]

Is X-2 any good? I saw a copy for $5, but only got X as I've never played a FF before.

GCN Component cable = drool. Do want, and DO WANT for 5 bucks LOL!

Been a while since I've bothered to post, even though I have slowly been picking stuff up here and there. These seem worthy of posting, so here they are.

B5D174D0-D2FA-4A4F-A807-71B56E7DD5E9-3479-000002F6B2799B88_zps69d069bc.jpg

Came in as a trade for services rendered. I don't normally do that sort of thing, but this guy is a pal and was actually the first actual, factual RCG customer. Plus, I have a soft spot for MM. Hard to say no to stuff that I've been eye-fucking on eBay for years now.

I haven't posted in a while just because I've had trouble uploading pics with my crazy slow connection. My next big pickup is going to be some real internet service :V

[quote name='Layd Dly']Couple smaller Items.

8544601679_709afebc06_b.jpg

2013 Audi A4 / Monsoon Grey / Premium Plus / Quattro 6-Speed Manual / Sport Package[/QUOTE]

Nice, someone who prefers a manual over s-tronic.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Nice, someone who prefers a manual over s-tronic.[/QUOTE]

I traded my 2010 A4 in so I could get back into a Manual :bouncy:

Although I didn't have S-Tronic, only the S4's get true S-Tronic (DSG). FWD CVT Auto = MultiTronic, and Quattro Auto = TipTronic. VW/Audi DSG is fucking awesome transmission though.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Is X-2 any good? I saw a copy for $5, but only got X as I've never played a FF before.[/QUOTE]

X-2 is nice but it's ALOT less rpg-y, hence why it's so cheap. The battle systems also, strange (kinda how XIII-2 got weird compared to XIII)

[quote name='Hemi']X-2 is nice but it's ALOT less rpg-y, hence why it's so cheap. The battle systems also, strange (kinda how XIII-2 got weird compared to XIII)[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not a huge fan of RPGs so that's not a huge deal. I was asking partially for collection purposes as well, as I thought having X and X-2 would be ideal. If it's not really important though I'll probably skip it.

Well it's dirt cheap to get for the most part, I mean it was fun but it's not like anyones FAVORITE game. It was the Final Fantasy for the broader audience. Since your a CAG I can assume you have 100 games in a backlog, why not one more $5 game?

[quote name='Hemi']Well it's dirt cheap to get for the most part, I mean it was fun but it's not like anyones FAVORITE game. It was the Final Fantasy for the broader audience. Since your a CAG I can assume you have 100 games in a backlog, why not one more $5 game?[/QUOTE]

I'll see if it's there when I go back lol yeah, that's about right:bouncy:

Picked up Meloetta for Pokémon White 2:
35m0ccj.jpg

On a whim (and remembering stuff from Toonami's past), I bought Daft Punk's "Discovery" albulm for my phone. Waiting on a very special package from Play-Asia, as well as some Bandai DVDs/Blu-ray from RightStuf.

Well, here is what I have purchased so far this month.

tumblr_mjj33o5oi81s8odo4o1_1280.jpg

PC $2 Each from Goodwill: Spider man, Delta Force Black Hawk Down,Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

PC $3 From Goodwill: Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection

PC $2 From Savers: Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. (Finally got two copies, so me and my dad can play COOP :)

Ps2: $5 each from 5 below: Shadow Of The Colossus, Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Xbox 360: $5 DBZ Kinect from Best buy.

Ps1: $2 each from savers: Army Men 3d, Hardcore 4x4

Xbox: Savers: $3 Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

Everything is complete.

[quote name='IceCweam']Well, here is what I have purchased so far this month.

tumblr_mjj33o5oi81s8odo4o1_1280.jpg

PC $2 Each from Goodwill: Spider man, Delta Force Black Hawk Down,Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

PC $3 From Goodwill: Zoo Tycoon 2: Zookeeper Collection

PC $2 From Savers: Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. (Finally got two copies, so me and my dad can play COOP :)

Ps2: $5 each from 5 below: Shadow Of The Colossus, Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Xbox 360: $5 DBZ Kinect from Best buy.

Ps1: $2 each from savers: Army Men 3d, Hardcore 4x4

Xbox: Savers: $3 Gauntlet Seven Sorrows

Everything is complete.[/QUOTE]

Nice haul, wish I had a 5 Below near me. It seams a lot of people are getting DBZ Kinect lately. Is it actually good, or is it just the price?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Nice haul, wish I had a 5 Below near me. It seams a lot of people are getting DBZ Kinect lately. Is it actually good, or is it just the price?[/QUOTE]

The game isn't good. I mainly bought it since I'm a huge DBZ fan and the price helps. I think it is definitely worth it at $5 though if you can get it to work correctly :lol:

[quote name='Squarehard']I take longer for my posts nowadays too since I like to post them all in one batch instead of a post everyday.[/QUOTE]

It seems like a job sometimes, right? Like, "I gotta take some pics of this crap and post it so that nobody can care what I bought!" LOL!

The only thing related to video games that I've picked up is a Skylander, but I forgot to take a picture of it. Oops. The rest of the stuff is random, so I'll stick it in a spoiler...
My grandma is extremely gullible and not terribly bright, so she let Tony Little talk her into spending way too much money on some bison meat for me:
201303pickups.jpg

She also spent way too much on protein cheesecake:
201303pickups2.jpg

I participated in the Reddit Snack Exchange and ended up with this box of stuff. The box I sent was way better than the one I received (although I still enjoyed it) and I'm pretty sure it made me sick, so I don't know if I'll do an anonymous exchange again.
201303pickups3.jpg

A new shelving unit that is currently holding console accessories, gaming swag, retro consoles, and a printer. Not sure what else I want to stick in there:
201303pickups4.jpg

And some random stuff from Goodwill. If you know what the car is...congrats, you're old!
201303pickups5.jpg

201303pickups6.jpg

[quote name='Layd Dly']I traded my 2010 A4 in so I could get back into a Manual :bouncy:

Although I didn't have S-Tronic, only the S4's get true S-Tronic (DSG). FWD CVT Auto = MultiTronic, and Quattro Auto = TipTronic. VW/Audi DSG is fucking awesome transmission though.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I forgot the A4 doesn't have S-Tronic, because the A3 does. I was looking at an A3 because I want a hatch, waiting to see if they'll bring over the 14' hatch here because we're supposed to get an A3 Sedan instead, don't really want that. My buddy has an 11' S4 in Sprint Blue, it's an S-Tronic. I don't know, it's a good transmission and faster than a manual, but still not as fun as one.

I also really want a 92-94 UrS4. So I'm on a hunt for that, haha.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']lol how's the Power Rangers game? The SNES games were awesome:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I would say the Power Ranger game is good to say the least. Not awesome. But you can fight against each other with Megazords and Monsters (Not like the Street Fighter Style) in Multiplayer

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']lol how's the Power Rangers game? The SNES games were awesome:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried it yet. Was 2.50, couldn't pass it up :)

Also got these in a trade today. Gonna sell EB and most likely end up making money on the deal (free Dracula X, woo-hoo!).

6348DAF3-891F-451F-AD54-29A637CA6CC7-775-0000005D45F362A1_zpsfd2a26f2.jpg

Well since I am trading my PS3 for a WiiU decided to trade in the leftovers of what I had for the PS3 and picked up these for $5 out of pocket.

5UsQ3a7.jpg

[quote name='dodgeme']Well since I am trading my PS3 for a WiiU decided to trade in the leftovers of what I had for the PS3 and picked up these for $5 out of pocket.

5UsQ3a7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Woot! Super Paper Mario is SICK!!! Nice haul:applause:though personally I'd have kept the PS3

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Woot! Super Paper Mario is SICK!!! Nice haul:applause:though personally I'd have kept the PS3[/QUOTE]

I never really have been the biggest fan of sony's exclusives. Sure infamous, Uncharted, God of War are fun but I've kinda gotten sick of them after the multiple sequels. I'm also not deeply interested in the large number of exclusive rpgs at the moment. I'm sure I'll pick one up down the line but I figured I would take the opportunity to get a WiiU for now. The only game I am really missing out on is The Last of Us and I really wasn't all that excited for it. Everything else I can play on my 360. Plus theres always that charm that I get when I play a Nintendo game. Kinda surprised I never got a Wii or a Gamecube when they were current.

It's a Kinyo VHS rewinder. Just pop the hood, slide a tape in, and enjoy the luxury of being able to move on to another movie without having to wait for the first one to rewind! It serves little purpose for me now, but I wanted one so bad as a kid and it was dirt cheap, so I went for it. Not sure what kind of car it's based on, though...I can't even say if it's based on a real car. I know absolutely nothing about cars; I barely even know how to drive one. Heh.

[quote name='dodgeme']I never really have been the biggest fan of sony's exclusives. Sure infamous, Uncharted, God of War are fun but I've kinda gotten sick of them after the multiple sequels. I'm also not deeply interested in the large number of exclusive rpgs at the moment. I'm sure I'll pick one up down the line but I figured I would take the opportunity to get a WiiU for now. The only game I am really missing out on is The Last of Us and I really wasn't all that excited for it. Everything else I can play on my 360. Plus theres always that charm that I get when I play a Nintendo game. Kinda surprised I never got a Wii or a Gamecube when they were current.[/QUOTE]
I know how you feel. I hate God of War and I don't really like Uncharted, so I mainly only care about a couple of JRPG's and some of the future exclusives. I wouldn't be able to get myself to trade in my PS3, though...but between PS3 and Wii U, Wii U is the clear winner. It's probably my favorite console ever (if you don't take nostalgia into account).

[quote name='ZombieToast']
I know how you feel. I hate God of War and I don't really like Uncharted, so I mainly only care about a couple of JRPG's and some of the future exclusives. I wouldn't be able to get myself to trade in my PS3, though...but between PS3 and Wii U, Wii U is the clear winner. It's probably my favorite console ever (if you don't take nostalgia into account).[/QUOTE]

This was actually I think the third PS3 I've owned. Got one at launch and traded it for an iPad, and then had another that I forgot what I traded it for. Finally I had this one from Black Friday. Just never really felt the love with it, all of my friends are on Xbox and lately I've been getting into Shmups which have a much better stronghold on the Xbox. I'm sure I'll end up with another PS3 before it's all said and done. Just figured I'd take the opportunity to get a WiiU without having to fork out the cash for it

[quote name='Barney']Not much but happy with it

[/QUOTE]

Nice pickup. Syphon Filter 1 was one of two titles that got me into video games.

[quote name='parKer']Nice pickup. Syphon Filter 1 was one of two titles that got me into video games.[/QUOTE]
really? that's awesome. I remember playing it as a little kid and not being able to beat it. I was able to beat it with the help of my older brother. Great game.

I went to a gamestop that was a honeyhole of complete ps2 games. picked up man hunt 2 and steelbook of splinter cell chaos theory. I was really surprised the extra disc was in there as well. if my phone will work I take picture

[quote name='Barney']really? that's awesome. I remember playing it as a little kid and not being able to beat it. I was able to beat it with the help of my older brother. Great game.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I was the opposite of you. I wasn't into video games at all so I needed the help of my little brother, who had already beaten the game. The PSOne was his, so I played whatever he had, which was only 2 games - Syphon Filter 1 and MGS 1.

[quote name='parKer']Nice pickup. Syphon Filter 1 was one of two titles that got me into video games.[/QUOTE]
I had a very different experience with that game. I disliked it so much that it greatly influenced my decision to hold off on getting a PS1.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I had a very different experience with that game. I disliked it so much that it greatly influenced my decision to hold off on getting a PS1.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked the game, but also for the novelty (now nostalgia) of it as it was the very 1st console game that I had ever played. We were not a video-gaming family (parents got us into sports and weekly library visits) and my little brother didn't get his PSOne until 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back