The Official CAG March 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MykelxKnight']Im still confused to why they made pikachu have nipples...

[/QUOTE]

I kind of like it this way. I just imagine it shoot laser or something out of it.

49026d50c397d.jpg

[quote name='wasabi5858']I kind of like it this way. I just imagine it shoot laser or something out of it.

49026d50c397d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Lol... It would have been more enjoyable if it came with laser effect noises *pew pew*

[quote name='wasabi5858']I kind of like it this way. I just imagine it shoot laser or something out of it.

[/QUOTE]

Pikachu's nipples store electricity.

[quote name='needler420']I could be wrong but if I recall correctly I remember he said in one of his posts he was 17.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I might have missed that. If so, he couldn't get a CC anyways.

[quote name='wasabi5858']pc home. their us site

but I am sure it can still be found locally but if you got connection in JP, the weak yen is great at driving the cost down right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Have connections in Taiwan, but not Japan. Actually, I don't know where my Japanese aunt (that I forgot about) is.

[quote name='needler420']Pikachu's nipples store electricity.[/QUOTE]

I suddenly had a weird feeling that you write Pokemon furry fanfic.

Welp theres 8 inches of snow and its still snowing here but I went to Target. Guy said they only got 5 copies of Luigis Mansion and they sold out and they only got 2 of these........
IMAG04561_zpsf2e3c2a4.jpg

[quote name='YBX87']it does not matter to me. i just thought alot of members on cag were 20 + yrs old/ adults.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='needler420']It's a video game site. Not to mention his posts were as obvious as day that's he's a minor.[/QUOTE]

I'm 17, turning 18 in a few months. It's not like I'm some stupid 12 year old:drool:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm 17, turning 18 in a few months. It's not like I'm some stupid 12 year old:drool:[/QUOTE]
i doubt there are many members on cag who are younger than 16, atleast i have not met one yet

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']i doubt there are many members on cag who are younger than 16, atleast i have not met on yet[/QUOTE]

well I won't be for long, and I don't really see what the big deal is:roll:

imag03851.jpg

Got these for a buck each at my Blockbuster's Closing sale.
imag03861.jpg

Guides were at a good price so figured why not. The employee gave me MW3 guide for being a valued customer ha. Didn't have a chance to pick up GoW:J at midnight release(Damn you college >.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']so basically you paid $15 out of pocket, and are potentially getting a $20 certificate?:applause:[/QUOTE]

If so, that is pretty awesome. :D

Yep :D I was giddy as hell walking out of there. The cashier's face was pretty priceless when he realized what had happened too. Never gotten a potentially free game before ha.

Awesome Mega Man pickups Wiggy! Were those all from a local place?

I went to PAX over the weekend and got some stuff. It didn't seem as bountiful as years past and was quite busy, but was still very fun.

20130322_234412_zps68c6c8fa.jpg

Watchdogs, Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell t-shirts up top, this pretty cool Moga controller for Android, some small Transistor adverts/prints and the schedule.

20130322_235126_zps78c11afa.jpg

A rather large FF poster.

20130322_234756_zpsa95d4cc1.jpg

A standard Monster Hunter poster and a very nice quality Bastion print. I generally don't buy things at shows, but for $15 I had to cave on this.

20130324_231721_zps709c9e7d.jpg

I purchased the two Fallout items as well, while the Elder Scrolls one was free.

Lastly, normal pickups.

20130324_231809_zps37f5552d.jpg

Getting closer to finishing off my Mega Man collection...

Super jealous of the Mega Man pickups Wiggy and tooshorty!

Love the posters, how do you display them (if at all)? I have a lot of posters I want to put up but I don't want to just tape them up. I have 2 Club Nintendo ones framed but they take up a whole lot of space. x_x

[quote name='Namurashi']Super jealous of the Mega Man pickups Wiggy and tooshorty!

Love the posters, how do you display them (if at all)? I have a lot of posters I want to put up but I don't want to just tape them up. I have 2 Club Nintendo ones framed but they take up a whole lot of space. x_x[/QUOTE]

The ones I really like I'll put in frames, and then generally just cycle them onto spots as I don't like completely cluttering my walls. I have far too much stuff to display them all at once unfortunately.

[quote name='wiggyx']This month so far...

A58ABFBA-32EC-4273-A21A-24AB86362B01-2501-000001A6B2E97D59_zpsdbe65545.jpg

Might pick up 70 NES games tomorrow as well...[/QUOTE]

70 NES games:hot:how the heck do you find space for this (your cartridge wall is freaking packed)?

If you check out the hoarding, err, collection show-off thread, you'll see that I'm just about to build a new set of shelves for movies and CDs. So, I'll have a bunch of room freed up in order to spread out the games :)

Each one of the shelves that I built down in the basement holds 26-27 UGCs, so that only ends up being 3 shelves worth of storage needed ;)

[quote name='wiggyx']If you check out the hoarding, err, collection show-off thread, you'll see that I'm just about to build a new set of shelves for movies and CDs. So, I'll have a bunch of room freed up in order to spread out the games :)

Each one of the shelves that I built down in the basement holds 26-27 UGCs, so that only ends up being 3 shelves worth of storage needed ;)[/QUOTE]

nice;)post some pics when your done:bouncy:

EDIT: I saw someone asking about where you get your box art. I'm interested in boxing up some N64 games, but the prices on ebay seem a bit high ($10 a game is more than some of these games sell for) so if you wouldn't mind sharing your sources, I'd be much obliged;)

[quote name='wiggyx']Oh, you know I will!

I'm all over thecoverproject.net. You should check the site out if you haven't already. I make all my own covers using UGCs from mediashelving.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've used them. I don't have nearly 100 games needing boxes, so that's a bit extreme. Also my printer isn't very good:cry: One day, one day;)

I did find covers for all my loose sega cd games except 1. C+C Music Factory: Make My Video. Does anyone know where I could get that cover?

On topic, I did pick up a CIB sega genesis with 3 CIB games at a yard sale. Got Mortal Kombat, Sonic 2, and a '94 football game. Paid $7 for the lot.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Yeah, I've used them. I don't have nearly 100 games needing boxes, so that's a bit extreme. Also my printer isn't very good:cry: One day, one day;)[/QUOTE]

How many cases do you need?

Also, a lot of folks just print at Staples/Office Max/FedEx ;)

[quote name='wiggyx']How many cases do you need?

Also, a lot of folks just print at Staples/Office Max/FedEx ;)[/QUOTE]

probably only 10 or so:cry:I've got a ridiculously small collection of cartridge games, which I'm hoping to fix soon (might pick up a Retron 4 when they drop). That's a good idea to use staples though, how much would that cost on a per cover basis?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']

20130322_234756_zpsa95d4cc1.jpg

A standard Monster Hunter poster and a very nice quality Bastion print. I generally don't buy things at shows, but for $15 I had to cave on this.

[/QUOTE]

THAT BASTION POSTER IS BAD ASS:drool:

Got these two in the last two days. Picked up Duke Nukem at gamestop for 20 bucks. Figured a collectors edition at that price why not and Most Wanted U came in from the Origin store for about $32 and some change.

PfG9inF.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']180 bucks. I think I did alright. I haven't checked current prices on anything yet though.

3-25-2013NESpickup1small_zpsace8c4a7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of common games there. I think nes lot worth no more than 40 to 50 dollars tops.

You didn't do terrible on the nes games but that's probably right around what there worth. I'm not seeing anything extremely valuable but that duck tales might spike in value with Duck Tales 3 announced.

[quote name='wiggyx']180 bucks. I think I did alright. I haven't checked current prices on anything yet though.

[/QUOTE]

doesn't look like a huge steal, but that TMNT game is really fun:bouncy:

[quote name='dodgeme']You didn't do terrible on the nes games but that's probably right around what there worth. I'm not seeing anything extremely valuable but that duck tales might spike in value with Duck Tales 3 announced.[/QUOTE]

And I'm dumb and for some reason saw Tiny Toon Adventures as Duck Tales even though their all alphbetical. Don't mind me haha.

[quote name='dan13l858']There's a lot of common games there. I think nes lot worth no more than 40 to 50 dollars tops.[/QUOTE]

50 bucks?! They're worth more a good deal more than that. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I got some super deal, but I didn't do all that bad.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Did you check those Gyromites for Famicom Converters?[/QUOTE]

Yup, no dice :(

[quote name='wiggyx']50 bucks?! They're worth more a good deal more than that. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I got some super deal, but I didn't do all that bad.

Yup, no dice :([/QUOTE]

You still got tons of commons though. I wouldn't say it's as low as $50 -$60 bucks though. But $180 is also a little high for that lot. Somewhere in the middle would have been a good deal. Online prices are high if you look up most of the commons. My play and trade has like half those games for $1-$2 dolllars a piece.

You can tell you got it from a reseller as well, there are a lot of doubles of the commons.

[quote name='dodgeme']You didn't do terrible on the nes games but that's probably right around what there worth. I'm not seeing anything extremely valuable but that duck tales might spike in value with Duck Tales 3 announced.[/QUOTE]

Only problem with that is the HD remake was just announced and now people are dumping their physical copies waiting for the HD remake. I see the value going down before spiking.

before that announcement duck tales was a sought after title. It still is the most expensive game in the lot.

I found a Donkey Kong Country 2 Soundtrack CD at my local half priced books. I cant really find any info on it. I believe it came from a nintendo power catalog, but I see none on ebay nor amazon. Anyone know if this thing is rare?

Love the Donkey kong music

[/QUOTE]

I got a super deal when I worked at Game Crazy. Some lady came in with nes, we still accepted them at the time for trade, but games were like $0.25 each for trade. She didnt bring everything in, but I wanted an nes and didn't know what she had, offered her $40 and she took it. Came in with Nes, 3 controllers, 2 zappers and 63 games. Good games in there too. Mega Man 2,3,5, Mario Bros 1-3, all tmnt games, contra, Kirby, duck tales. I miss getting deals like that.

[quote name='wiggyx']This should make up for my not-so-awesome NES pickup. $50, MMS is complete!

09D6245E-B4C5-4287-B6C3-B68E7F0AE946-504-0000004D5AAE6C10_zps41d25d7a.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's not brand new sealed in box. Still garbage. ;D

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']I found a Donkey Kong Country 2 Soundtrack CD at my local half priced books. I cant really find any info on it. I believe it came from a nintendo power catalog, but I see none on ebay nor amazon. Anyone know if this thing is rare?

Love the Donkey kong music[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is rare. It is from the old Nintendo Power catalog they used to send every year.

dsc01750wm.jpg
Finally came back in stock on amazon. Pretty nice, but the lack of rumble is disappointing. Just makes it feel a little to light. I haven't tried it with any virtual console games yet, but it works great in Mario Kart and Brawl:bouncy:

20130318_193627-1.jpg

Picked up 3 of these today. For flipping of course.

20130326_194534-1.jpg

Picked up 2 from Roses. Only $10 each.

20130326_200457-1.jpg

Wings was from my local thrift store, the 2 Blu-rays were to put me over the threshhold for the BB $10 gift card.

I return! ...with a measly download purchase last night on PSN.

-Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
-Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
-Fighting Vipers
-Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
-Persona 2: Innocent Sin
-Persona 3 Portable
-Scott Pilgrim vs the World online multiplayer + Wallace DLC

Holding off on picking up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon because I've got too many games I need to actually beat, first (namely Fire Emblem: Awakening). That and...well, Phantasy Star Online 2's been taking up too much of my free time.

img1338bc.jpg

SNES-Yard Sale $10 no power cord but tested and works. Came with Mortal Kombat 2, Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World, Super Tennis, and two NHL games.

img1339ho.jpg

img1340ex.jpg

img1341qm.jpg

Consoles:
Dreamcast x2 - Yard sale $10 a piece. Came with a Tennis Game. Tested both, and they work.
Xbox - Flea market $10. Console only. Took a chance but it works.
Nintendo 64 - Yard Sale $10 came with a gameboy transfer unit, and has an expansion pack. Tested and works.
Playstation 2 -Yard Sale *Free* Came with two games and an empty GTA Vice City case. Games were a nascar game, and Bully.
GBA SP - Yard Sale *Free* no charger, had to buy one on ebay, but came with a Toy Story 2 GBC game. Tested and works.
Game Cube - Flea Market $25 came with a Gameboy player, memory card, two controllers (one generic) gameboy advance adapter, and E card reader.
Games:
Xbox Halo-Local store $15 pricey but wanted it fast
GC RE4-Cocal store $15 same as above
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 3- local store $3
PS2 Taito Legends 2-Local store $2
DC Expandable - Local Store $1
N64 Tony Hawks Pro Skater - Local Store $4
N64 The Legend Of Zelda OOT - Local Store $17
XBOX 360 Call of duty Black ops II - Craigslist $30 came in a redbox case lol

Here are a few recent thrift store and Ebay pick-ups.

20130326_194705.jpg

20130326_203056.jpg

The SMS games are all CIB and the start of my SMS collection! The Atari 2600 titles are CIB as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back