The Official CAG March 2015 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this in today. Couldn't pass it up as it really is quite a pretty CE.

pKxKgPK.jpg

4C86Fvx.jpg

Also bought these off of another board for some good prices.

CJB7CCM.jpg

Finally, was bored so I stopped at gamestop and left with these.

xztiNCG.jpg

A bit bummed out though. The local walmart put the Gold Mario Amiibo out and they had four in total. I figured I'd see if they would sell them so I took all four and sure enough they were restricted in the system. I didn't feel like fighting with them so I let it go. I may stop over at midnight on Friday and just see if they have them. Usually not doing anything then anyway.

I'm confused. Aren't there already amiibos for all of those characters? Are these just different poses or something?

[attachment=13156:20150320_183201.jpg]

Also got Ghostbusters & Jak 3 from a local thrift store for $2 each.   Secret Agent Clank was something that was a bit high in price, but had some credit at local game store that brought it down to $5.

[attachment=13157:20150320_183257.jpg]

Blackwidow Chroma and Hori New 3DSXL screen protectors came from Amazon. 

Gold Mario was Walmart obviously, guy said they kept them under the checkout and it was the last one.

Toad was a WM preorder that came in the mail.

Bowser/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi I just walked into a GS and got. Used coupons and giftcards so they were FO FREEE!

Ganondorf World Of Nintendo figures were from Target- $3 apiece, wish they had Link too! 

FF Type-0 HD from Square Enix store. 

Blackwidow Chroma and Hori New 3DSXL screen protectors came from Amazon.
Gold Mario was Walmart obviously, guy said they kept them under the checkout and it was the last one.
Toad was a WM preorder that came in the mail.
Bowser/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi I just walked into a GS and got. Used coupons and giftcards so they were FO FREEE!
Ganondorf World Of Nintendo figures were from Target- $3 apiece, wish they had Link too!
FF Type-0 HD from Square Enix store.
Man if you run into another ganondorf world of nintendo figure i will totally buy it for cost+shipping.

Im always looking for Zelda WoN figures but can never find any!

Been ordering a lot online this month.

[attachment=13166:IMAG0142.jpg]

New 3ds from walmart.com

Atelier Shallie from NIS store

Porco Rosso, FF T-0 steelbook, and the order 1886 steelbook from ebay

The black portable phone charger from amazon

I also got replacement blur-ray drive for my PS3 but it's inside already.

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Well I had no intention of getting into these as of a few nights ago, but my friends and I saw the Gold Marios and I will admit it was initially for the intent of reselling them, so we went over to the local Walmart and they had 8 in hand. They only sold them 1 per person so we each got ours and there were a few others there.

Nonetheless I found I actually enjoyed the thrill of hunting these down so I went out got a few more. If any thing they will make really nice pieces for my gaming shelves. I also just won a decently priced Shulk on ebay CIB which I wanted as Xenoblade is one of my personal favorite games of last gen. I did grab two Toads mostly for trade fodder as it had seemed as though he may be uncommon.

leIV7y0.jpg

Me too lol, I thought I was never going to get into Amiibo. Now, I almost have a complete set (35/36 just waiting for Gold Mario to arrive from Walmart.com), so that tells you how these things get a grasp on you, once you start lol.

Me too lol, I thought I was never going to get into Amiibo. Now, I almost have a complete set (35/36 just waiting for Gold Mario to arrive from Walmart.com), so that tells you how these things get a grasp on you, once you start lol.
I'll prolly preorder all of wave 4 once it's up. Seems like outside of commons these things are a pain to find regularly.

Last month I said "yeah Im not getting into those".....now I have the whole new set and 17 of the Smash Bros set. I have yet to pay over retail for an Amiibo and wont until I know for sure that none of the rares and store exclusives will eventually get restocked.

I got this months Loot Crate today, Covert was the theme. Orphan Black comic, Mad Libs game, Marvel Agents Of SHIELD ID lanyard prop, sweet little "spywatch" that is all black till you press the button then the time appears in red leds, a bracelet made from military grade paracord, 2 little notepads, digitial download for Ninjak comic, the monthly button/booklet, and a sweet James Bond teeshirt. 

I buy a lot of stuff, but this was my main purchase today:

There is a "test kmart" that gets the leftovers from other kmarts. The problem is pricing is locked in from a year ago at that store. You can not use SYW coupons either, but you can use points. I saw the PS3 in October and waited for it to drop since the markdowns are manual and on their own cycle. It just happened to work out that it was today I called. I asked the guy if it was still there and for him to scan it. He said it was marked $349, but it scanned at $224.99 (all consoles are always 10% off at that store so it was $249.99 before the 10%) They also had a unique coupon that was an additional 5% discount for any purchase over $50 (that I did not know about until I got there). Since I paid entirely in points, there was no tax on the purchase. $215 out the door!

:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having the worst luck finding the new wave of figures. Every store that says they have 7-15 they're all Yoshi/Wario/Mario. I finally spotted a few local stores going from 1-2 to 5-7 but then within an hour or two they dropped back down to 1-2 so i'm guessing someone snapped up all the new ones.

Finally broke down and bought a PS4.  Best thing is it only cost me $20 out of pocket for the console.  I had over $200 in credit at 2nd $ Charles from book trade ins I get for super cheap.  It usually cost me less than $2 to receive at least $25 in store credit.  The rest came from holiday gifts and some tips from customers.  Picked up the extra controller for $30 after using a MCR best buy gift card.  Picked up a third controller with Amazon credit so it cost me a marginal amount. 

med_gallery_354731_8527_879415.jpg

Picked up AC Unity for $20 from Amazon.

med_gallery_354731_8527_16822.jpg

Not pictured from this month. Playstation Silver wired headset.  Think it was $35 from Amazon.

Thanks to a fellow Instagram member for giving me a headsup about a sale at target. Both 3DS games were 14.99 each, and the random 360 game that I've never heard of was 5.98 :)

A15CC2F0-94E5-4631-BCA1-F5235A0BAEED.jpg

Hopped on over to another Target yesterday and grabbed some more on-sale goodies (14.99 each for Mario and DK)

C86A39E3-96AF-476C-8E40-6D8DD7851E88_1.jpg

And then just some cheapies as I start to fill out what remains of the US NGPC games that I need.

6CD5EE6E-D720-4960-ACD9-8CB109611D9A.jpg

Last March pickups......goin out with a bang!

Gold Mario Amiibo and MP10 Bundle- Walmart preorders

Arcade Block- Link teeshirt, Far Cry 4 teeshirt (lol I had to look this one up, havent played the game yet), GameBoy booklet filled with sticky notepads, an Atari joystick stressball, Pixel Ryu keychain/LED light that says "HADOUKEN!", and a Batman Arkham Knight comic.

Gamestop Bundle- Majoras Mask New 3DSXL, MM3D, Code Name STEAM, A Link Between Worlds digital download, MM3D eguide download

Goodwill- ONI and Echo The Dolphin, both complete. She rang one up as a DVD and one as a game for some reason so the total was $5!

Target- Toon Link World Of Nintendo figure. Guy says "arent you the guy who didnt get that 3DS that one day cus we only had 2?". I said "...yeah". "Hey we got 2 of the Windwaker Wii U Bundles in the back but we cant display them, just fyi if youre interested or know someone who might be." That was yesterday. I went through all my survey sites and managed to get $40 in Target giftcards. I got one for $282. I read a thread from here from January where they were being bought for $150, I was hoping that was the case today but no dice. 

Final Fantasy 3 and Majora's Mask were $3 each at a local yard sale.

Smash Soundtrack from Nintendo. Mega Man amiibo from Toys'R'Us.

Super Mario 3D Land(s) from Target for $15 each. (One is a gift for my little brother) Unfortunately they didn't have any of the other games that were $15.

Theatrhythm Curtain Call was $20 at Walmart price matching BB when it was on sale and Shinobi was $5 at my local Kmart.

q0vSJvI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back