The Official CAG November 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay PS4! I have Need for Speed Rivals on order as well.

gallery_226059_8054_1855.jpg

http://youtu.be/AvN5FMAwAxA

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Wii Classic Controller Pro for the heck of it with my 25% coupon. It seems they are being converted to used regular Classic Controllers, as the controller I got was brand spanking new with the cable still in its styrofoam sheath.

Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition. I know this is a little bit late, but here it is anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fqkBC9PmI&feature=youtu.be

Paid full price for the system, camera, and extra controller. After the B2G1 deal and Amazon credit I only paid $19.03 for the games!

I went to a Target today to check clearance and they had a end shelf full of games marked as repackaged(almost all of them were still factory sealed)(at least 200). Of those games I was able to get 3 copies of Jurassic Park for the xbox 360(all factory sealed) for only $14/each. These games go for about $30-$45 sealed on ebay(I only knew they were rare because I had owned one before).

When I was at ToysRus, I saw about 15 copies of Minecraft (xbox 360) at 2 for $25, so I'll be going back there tomorrow to buy a bunch(currently going for $25 new on ebay).

Assassin's Creed IV Limited Edition for PS4. This is old news for people that grabbed the 7th gen version,  but it's new to me, dammit! It's a nice set, but it also includes things that I don't typically like, and it is also quite spendy at $130!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3N_ugvazDE

The time is here. So pumped for Friday.

zhjdPZ4.jpg

Also dumped my old 360 and some games to Best Buy for a $184 gift card. Gonna drive up there Friday morning while I download the update and see if I can get an extra controller and maybe AC4:Black Flag LE if they have any left. Saw a PS4 one today but their being slow and not putting XBone stuff out yet.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:8294]
4 games already with three coming on Friday/Monday (the three day one games). Kinda weird having more games for a console that hasn't come out yet than the games I have for the PS4 that I do have right now.

4 games already with three coming on Friday/Monday (the three day one games). Kinda weird having more games for a console that hasn't come out yet than the games I have for the PS4 that I do have right now.
Far be it from me to judge, but it seems weird to choose BF4 on XB1 if you also have a PS4. Although, if all your friends are getting it there, then I suppose that would be a pretty compelling reason. It kind of sucks playing Battlefield without at least a friend or two in your squad.

Far be it from me to judge, but it seems weird to choose BF4 on XB1 if you also have a PS4. Although, if all your friends are getting it there, then I suppose that would be a pretty compelling reason. It kind of sucks playing Battlefield without at least a friend or two in your squad.
Well, I've been gaming on my X360 as my lead console, and I also had the original Xbox as well. I've gotten every Battlefield game in the 7th gen of consoles that have come out on the X360. Most of my friends are getting the X1 instead of the PS4, and I just generally like the Xbox controller better. Although I do like the DS4, the X1 controller seems like it would just feel more natural to me.

Well, I've been gaming on my X360 as my lead console, and I also had the original Xbox as well. I've gotten every Battlefield game in the 7th gen of consoles that have come out on the X360. Most of my friends are getting the X1 instead of the PS4, and I just generally like the Xbox controller better. Although I do like the DS4, the X1 controller seems like it would just feel more natural to me.
I was the same way with the 360. I'm still under the impression that the PS3 was designed by a room full of clowns with down syndrome who were high on meth. Every new gen is a fresh start, though, so I left my pretenses behind. For me, the Windows 8 metro-esque interface and weaker power of the XB1 were enough to push me to the PS4 this time--and now that the controller isn't garbage, I can actually play shooters on a Sony console! Fair enough, though! You definitely want to be playing BF with friends. That game--or any of them--with a full squad of friends in a party is a glorious experience!

Traded an old Core 2 duo machine for a xbox 360 slim, and 41 games. Now I am going to collect 360 games I guess. Good and cheap now. Will post pics later. Thought some of the sports games would be hard to get rid of, as I don't want to collect them. Already traded 2 off for Project Gotham 4, and CoD 3

TziuNR2.jpg

Rebrought Red Dead as my friend did recently and its like one of the only games he has.

Red Faction, enjoyed guerrilla heard this was decent enough. Both games cost me literally £3 each and thats with p+p too.

Then I got some coloured tape for when I work as 2nd AC on shoots sometimes.

IMG_1280_zps6c892ab5.jpg

Couldn't decide yesterday between Ryse on Friday or getting Ghosts.  After talking to a few friends, going to get Ghosts :)  Just need to pick up my console from GS Midnight Launch along with Dead Rising and Forza LE and I am ready for next gen. :D

USB adapters for N64, SNES, and Sega Saturn controllers to use on my JXD s7800b. Tested with Mario Kart 64, feels about right. Not exactly like playing on a real N64. I know some people on here are whiners about emulators and roms but Ive never seen old school games look so good on my 42in 1080p HDTV! 

IMG_1280_zps6c892ab5.jpg

Couldn't decide yesterday between Ryse on Friday or getting Ghosts. After talking to a few friends, going to get Ghosts :) Just need to pick up my console from GS Midnight Launch along with Dead Rising and Forza LE and I am ready for next gen. :D
I'm starting to get my next gen stuff too. It's so exciting! I already picked up BF and my extra controller with play and charge. I'm upgrading my ghosts and madden tomorrow and I'm not sure if I'll be picking up another game from gamestop or if I should wait till best buy opens for my GCU and the 25 certificate back. Still have to figure out what 3 games to get :O

Do it! I'd find Tandy stuff far more interesting...

Will post pics later but for my birthday I got:

Strider 2 (ps1)
Brave Fence Musashi (ps1)
Phantasy Star III (gen)
Grind Stormer (gen)
Valkyria Chronicles (ps3)
Yakuza 2 (ps2)
Armed and Dangerous (Xbox)

88EFA017-22BB-4605-BAA8-F73294782E1A_zpsvgz6b2u2.jpg

3DS games were from Target B2G1 sale. Gonna trade Pokemon and Fire Emblem for Zelda and Mario Party tomorrow.

Steelbook $15 of Amazon. Now to find the Mario Land 3D one.

Diamond $10 on craiglist.

Most important are the apartment keys to my first apt with my name on the lease.

C1B52B4F-308C-47FF-9332-48CF840C72A3_zpsdsff9kju.jpg

A towel i got at my local hobby shop. Didnt want to use it so hung it on my bathroom.

Today's pick-ups:

-local antique shop(first time going)

-Final Fantasy VII(black label)(missing disc 1)(case is is missing a huge piece)-$5

-2 Goodwills

-xbox 360 power brick and cord-$3

-silver ps2 slim console-$10

-Jurrasic Park III(dvd)-$2

-new/sealed The Dark Knight(dvd)-$2

Got to Kmart at 8:05, sold out of Xbox Ones! They only had 5. I thought maybe Id have a shot since only Shop Your Way Rewards Members could buy them. Oh well, I was only gonna pick one up if Kmart had them. Now Ill just enjoy my PS4 more and wait till stock builds back up.

11013573513_dee009a132_c.jpg

Spirit Camera and the 2 psp games just came in today from amazon all 3 were 30$ total. one piece just came in from fye.com as well.

Since I have a ton of anime coming I'm just going to post all the pick ups thus far this month, excluding all the stuff I just bought within this past week, which haven't arrived.

Any who, here's stuff!

Anime DVDs

2kvc.jpg

mk19.jpg

vnd8.jpg

Anime Blus

r5q3.jpg

3d9u.jpg

All from DVDPlanet Sale a couple weeks ago

w6lx.jpg

Status